Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Actually the international definition of domestic slavery is that they are not paid in addition to being given housing and food. Exactly what Skankanee was doing through workaway. See attached image.
Sorry but Stepfending. I think you need to read your own attached image text.
She didn't stop people from leaving the house.
She didn't provide wage as such but full board is taxable income in France.
She didn't use violence or threats.
She didn't withold identity documents.
She didn't limit contact with outside world.
She didn't force work.
There is no way what Stefanny was doing would be considered slavery in France but she might be guilty of several other offences as an employer.

Reactions: 19

Arfarf

VIP Member
Just watching Selmar's animal video. The state of poor Ruby's leg!!! Oh my. Thank God for Selmar.
And where does ALL THAT JUNK in those outbuildings come from??!
A volunteer cleans up an out building ( like koo koo but helpful Tomaz) and within months there are just piles of crap everywhere.
What losers.. No concern for all the animals are cleaning up that dump.

• Heart
  • Sad

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Timeline Watchers ..
Kings Day - Tues 27th April

The new drain on the terrace isn't started yet
1620159171466.png

Shoes :rolleyes: Short person centre of attention always on her mind
they look too big at the back - best seen in the vlog

1620159783291.png
1620160108934.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
!Impressive job by Sadie Trotter!
On Sadie's latest vlog, she did a phenomenal job interviewing Barack Obama and Donald Trump!
Congratulations, Sadie!

ENTERTAINMENT_140209621_AR_0_EYQKBPAPROJV.jpg

trump and sadie.jpg

sadie.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

purejuice

VIP Member
I love the idea of community centers. Maybe break these places up into apartments (gites you are calling them?) where people own the inside and the outside structure and grounds are maintained by the whole group. Might make it more affordable and possible to maintain these places and provide living space that fits today's lives.
Part of what first caught my eye about LaLande was the suggestion that it was an artistic commune and the volunteers were a part of that. That's what the Manor and Maker grifters are talking about. What precisely they have to teach people like the ancient masonry restorers, or the surrounding farmers who grew up with the Naidaillacs in possession, the chapel restorer, or the goat cheese guy, I'd really like to know.
I do believe worker owned cooperatives are the wave of the future.
I wish I knew more about the way the feudal chateaux worked, we don't want that slavery to return. But imagine Dan and Annelise at the head of such an enterprise. Imagine if LaLande was run as a place to teach artisanal trades -- half paying guests, half non paying. You could learn to restore masonry, cut and fit beams and tiles, electricity and plumbing for old buildings plus eco friendly French drains, rainwater cisterns, solar panelling, wind energy, small farm animal husbandry, forest management, heritage botany and birds/bugs/etc., mill restoration or solar powered milling projects and heritage organic farming. Taught by the locals en Francais. That would be cool. See you there, mama. I'll be the one wrassling the sheep, getting some goats for cheese making, shearing sheep and researching old Le Berry wool knitting patterns and broderie/lace making for workshops with very rich American broads who pay $100 a skein for trophy wool. And an equal number of local artistic textile students, gratis. Toile de Jouy, mon cul. See, my French is getting better already.
I have no doubt as @FrenchGirl123 says France is full of well-restored chateaux owned and run by the French, giving back to their village and not just serf jobs. I need to look into that and find out what's happening.
Thanks for your initial thoughts, inspiring.

Reactions: 18

Ro0

I just watched their latest video so sad, and I loved how they said “if you choose to live in a luxury home you should pay for it yourself not expect other people to pay for you “. And everything they did was so meticulous. I wish them well
Right? It really puts everything in perspective. Imagine if more people were so reasonable, unpretentious and realistic.
Well, I guess it's cooler to put yourself above everybody else, ignore the guidelines and take a vacation in Madrid - during a pandemic.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Just putting this out here again, since SJ is reading here and using our information instead of doing her own due diligence anyway and apparently she wants to move Selmar to the back, tucked away for prying eyes.
French planning laws forbid the permanent installation of a mobile home on private land, whether your own, or that of another person. They must either be installed either on a residential leisure park created for this purpose, either a parc residentiel de loisirs or a village de vacance en hebergement.
Even where they are installed on an authorised site, it cannot be for a period longer than two consecutive years. This is to prevent these sites becoming used for permanent homes.
No formal permission is required to install a mobile home on private land for less than three months (15 days in a protected area), but beyond this timescale the owner must seek the approval of the planning authority. The three month period need not be consecutive.
Source: https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/mobile-homes

Interesting local news: a British couple is currently planning on setting up a campsite in Le Rimbert, a neighboring hamlet to the HMN. They will probably not like SJ’s practice of hosting camper vans long term.

• Heart

lyna

VIP Member
ears.jpg
ears2.png

I don't know, maybe I will go to H-E-double hockey sticks for making fun. But I am laughing my azzzz off. Why is this funny to me? I did learn how to screen shot though. Screen shoot. Shot... Whatever...

• Haha

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Drilling down on BJJ's parents. He mentioned his mother several times but I can not remember any mention of his father. Perhaps I'm wrong? If he was being raised in a single parent household it would explain all the time he spent with his grandparents. I think I may have this one figured out but will continue the deep dive.

• Heart

Maple fairy

VIP Member
Went to France on a high school trip. We were part of a group that were welcomed by a group of wealthy French whose goals were to foster the French language in Canada. A great trip! Was struck by our hotel which was in the Latin quarter. Even though we had a shower and a bidet in our room the water closet was across the hall which looked just like the servants one. It was a much smaller space very poorly lit and had one or two steps up. Enough space to sit. I had visions of unseen rodents. Realized then how spoiled we were in North America the only experience I had that was close was being in the country and having to use an outhouse. Wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.

I am on a rant today sorry! Someone mentioned that they had not seen anyone open a bottle of champagne the way MRK did. I also was truck by that. Reminded me of the spoiled rich youth that frequented Ibiza where such behaviour was on display. Such a waste just to show how wealthy you are! In her case I don’t know emulating that behaviour, a wannabe.
PS: I would not waste a drop of champagne!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Nutti is even shorter - 5' 1" and FRK is the same as SSB - no wonder their backs do not hurt using the kitchen table as a food prep surface

View attachment 553219 View attachment 553220

View attachment 553224
That is the white dress that Antoine questioned SJ about what she was wearing by making a face. She relived this story during the closet cleanout. Antoine is correct, she looks like a crazy 12 year old. So, Nutti thought it would work for her????? I can't even with the bathing suits🌊 They were purchased second hand...:sick:

• Sick
  • Wow

lulublugirl

Sad news from Chateau Croix De La Hônet, Peter and Anna are having to sell up. Because of Covid, all Peter's real consulting jobs have dried up and they can no longer keep the chateau. No patreon account or go-fund-me, never asked anyone for a penny. They are looking to buy a much smaller renovation project. I feel sorry for them as they're such a genuine couple. Weird but wonderful.
A lovely couple, I agree. They worked hard on their home and never sought public funding. I really feel for them.

• Heart

chillijam

True ! Her food is like her floral ‘arrangements’ ... absolute *hite ! 🤮🥀
I'm going to stick my neck out here, and say I don't mind the look of the food she produces. I think her flower ability is roughly zero, and can't, or won't grow plants, so the whole thing is a bit of a non-starter. But she seems to be capable in the kitchen. Also bearing in mind the ridiculous number of dietary requirements that have to be catered for at all times. I wouldn't have the patience!

Arfarf

VIP Member
O.k. Going back down memory lane...watching some old CDs that are more tolerable than this gears menu and just finished a couple of Advent ones with Trotter cooking, decorating....and I know everyone is disgusted with him at the moment but IMO he is SO much more watchable than Snorts.
If he has been banished from mommy's nest he needs to fly over to La La land and push BJJ out of bed and take over there. At least be can cook, and refinish furniture and have an opinion that is his own!! ( if you can get him to work and not dilly dally in Madrid)

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I think I'm probably more shocked by this than by anything else she's done/not done to the building. (Human, animal, plant rights violations are worse. But just not hooking in$talled infra$tructure up is insane. Why would neither Potts nor Nick nor IJ intervene?)
Because they are as clueless as she is, plus they weren’t there as much at the time. When they installed the radiators, she probably ran out of money and did not pay the workmen, who left to never return. Nobody knew what he was doing at the time and what is connected and how and where, or not connected. Same thing happened with the guys that initially installed the replaced electrics, it’s a maze of wires everywhere.

Yes. I'm surprised no one's been seriously hurt running the place like this.
Pure luck. Disaster is still around every corner though....

• Wow

Green Fairy

VIP Member
I still can't believe someone sent toothpicks and common as muck spices (from a supermarket), opened during last week's CAC. I'm keeping track of the worst gift ever.
Exactly! Why on earth would you send ordinary spices found in any supermarket, and some plastic cocktail sticks? These people are insane.

• Haha

KiKiGee

VIP Member
From the live chat
How To Renovate A Chateau
Why you should not volunteer at this chateau

ChiChiBlanchett
$10.00
Do you feel it's ethical for a business to use "volunteers" ? "we treat our free laborers really well" sounds like plantation owner mentality.

How To Renovate A Chateau @ChiChiBlanchett thank you very much, Chichi!

ChiChiBlanchett in my world we pay people who work for our business. call me old fashioned.

• Wow