The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm all for a casual wedding, especially after you've been together for 20 years, but their garden cocktail reception did strike me as declasse & bargain basement. It seems that Shrek & Sara did most of the preparations on their own, including her sewing their costumes up to the last minute - so no wonder they looked knackered. No time to even get her hair done or for Shrek to go the barber.

To each their own, but I would have had more flowers on display all over the place and even down the staircase.

With only about 40 people I would have preferred a sit-down lunch in the garden with a long table or 4 round tables. Heck, Snorty could have been thoughtful and set the tables for them. It's what a good friend with a generous heart would do. Snorty could have brought some of his damn porcelain, table clothes & vases and put it all to good use (Of course that would have meant Snorty & Fanny showing up a day early, putting the dog down and thinking of others).

If they preferred to keep it as a cocktail party I would have hired a bartender plus some some wait staff to walk around to refill glasses, offer trays of food and collect empty plates.

Also, where were those two chef's that the Shrek's hired for their last workshop. I would have brought those girls from Paris for the weekend to cater the event. It would also provide time to spend with your guests & family who are visiting.
1718302777738.png
1718302846509.png
1718302909593.png
1718302957401.png

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My thoughts on the Shrek Wedding vlogs:

Viv discovered the Liz Taylor Vaseline Lens and looked radiant.
1718303905248.png

Hungry ass.
1718303941341.png
1718304169510.png

Tardy for the party.
1718304296727.png

Bad hair.
1718304397002.png
1718304770044.png
1718305013402.png
1718305149727.png

Viv is generous to her friends.
1718304848077.png

Wedding night.
1718305197235.png

Was Lalacelle not invited?
1718305352321.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Sorry, quick derail...

A question for Brits living in the EU.

I heard through a somewhat convoluted source that we have been given back our voting rights. Allegedly permanently. Can anyone shine any light on this, please?

I shall do an indepth investigate in the morning but I have evidently missed something in all the crap I get from the UK government. I dare say we've missed the boat for the July 4th general election.

TIA x
---
Ah, oui. Hier 😪

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm all for a casual wedding, especially after you've been together for 20 years, but their garden cocktail reception did strike me as declasse & bargain basement. It seems that Shrek & Sara did most of the preparations on their own, including her sewing their costumes up to the last minute - so no wonder they looked knackered. No time to even get her hair done or for Shrek to go the barber.

To each their own, but I would have had more flowers on display all over the place and even down the staircase.

With only about 40 people I would have preferred a sit-down lunch in the garden with a long table or 4 round tables. Heck, Snorty could have been thoughtful and set the tables for them. It's what a good friend with a generous heart would do. Snorty could have brought some of his damn porcelain, table clothes & vases and put it all to good use (Of course that would have meant Snorty & Fanny showing up a day early, putting the dog down and thinking of others).

If they preferred to keep it as a cocktail party I would have hired a bartender plus some some wait staff to walk around to refill glasses, offer trays of food and collect empty plates.

Also, where were those two chef's that the Shrek's hired for their last workshop. I would have brought those girls from Paris for the weekend to cater the event. It would also provide time to spend with your guests & family who are visiting.
View attachment 2992230View attachment 2992236View attachment 2992237View attachment 2992241
You reminded me @Lady Avonlea - WHERE was Stuart?

Reactions: 15
Fanny was wearing her mentos ring that day!
---
Who wears it better?
Snorts is cross eyed.

The couple with him in the kilt and her in the bottom hugging dress need a room, each photo awkward!

And then we have Dorothy and the wizard of Oz.
For a couple who is supposedly engaged, they couldn't be further apart whilst holding fingers if they tried. Surely Stefraudnie could have found someone more believable to play pretend her fiancé, rather than this turd. tbh was hoping their Patreon was cancelled & removed indefinitely. One must never lose faith, their karma will arrive at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Seems Fanny may slide through this time. But, it’s kinda like being on a Government Watch List, or an IRS audit, or even a PIP.

Once you’re in the shorthairs, it’s only a matter of time. The ax eventually falls.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Yep. Arrived as the wedding party were preparing to leave the Mairie. Despicable fanny and Thrush are definitely NOT part of the chateau preferiti. Some of the other people milling about on the periphery were probably for the next wedding. I'm not so sure that they weren't wedding crashers. They were so not a part of that wedding. They stayed with virtual strangers. All very odd. Tolerated for clicks!
I noticed that in permasmile's vlog that she mentioned that there was a third bed in their room for lil' permasmile but "now she has her own room". Sounded like there was another room that got free on short notice. Perhaps originally Steph and Phiphi were invited to arrive early as well, but didn't because then they'd had to help with the preparations?

In any case, I think this wedding has definitely made the rift between her and the other chateau vloggers even more evident.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hope you are having a good time. I see the weather forecast is rain for most of the next week. But we don't rust or shrink so I hope you get to see and do lots. A 99 is definitely on the list as well as Guinness, and let me know whether you prefer King or Tayto cheese and onion crisps (chips to our US tattlers. Great added to a cheese sandwich too.
weather has been lovely until this morning. I’ve just had a seafood chowder with a pint of Guinness 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry, quick derail...

I heard through a somewhat convoluted source that we have been given back our voting rights. Allegedly permanently. Can anyone shine any light on this, please?

I shall do an indepth investigate in the morning but I have evidently missed something in all the crap I get from the UK government. I dare say we've missed the boat for the July 4th general election.

TIA x
---

Ah, oui. Hier 😪
Yes you are eligible to vote it was announced a couple of days ago. You can register on line but I’ve no idea whether you will be in time for 4th July.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll just hang out at @mrsp67 's sammie shop and gossip about the locals! (The food is MUCH better there than anything FRK serves!)

Even if Fanny loses her Patreon dosh, she'll still put out her swill vlogs because she needs every penny of that YT revenue. It'll just consist of more pleading poor, wearing the grifting yellow dress, random sponsors and requests for the gangsta grannies to send her money directly. The "Church of Fanny Collection Plate" now accepts Venmo, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Zelle, Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Amex, and Travelers Cheques with promises of a LaLande postcard in return (that one will probably never receive)!
It will be buy me a glass of champs or buy me a tureen instead of buy me a coffee!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

View attachment 2992230View attachment 2992236View attachment 2992237View attachment 2992241
Agreed Shrek & Sarah wedding was a tad poor on the wedding decor… not even a table cloth …. Snorts would have been horrified.. there was definitely a subdued atmosphere amongst the chatelaines… something off… not many smiles…

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Not sure if/how she will get out of the patreon "glitch" but for right now is that alright to feel happy fanny four flues is feeling the hot coals under her feet ?! :whistle:
Does anyone think Patreon wanted their piece of the pie from the Star Scam and was holding Franny’s ATM for ransom?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry, quick derail...

TIA x
---

Ah, oui. Hier 😪

This site may provide some more info. Bit tight time wise perhaps.
---
Yes. Creepy eyes.

Here goes my daily dose of ugly

View attachment 2992365
He’s certainly not very bonny by any stretch of the imagination, but this photo is nightmare fuel. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My thoughts on the Shrek Wedding vlogs:

Viv discovered the Liz Taylor Vaseline Lens and looked radiant.
View attachment 2992270

Hungry ass.
View attachment 2992271View attachment 2992280

Tardy for the party.
View attachment 2992285

Bad hair.
View attachment 2992288View attachment 2992296View attachment 2992308View attachment 2992316

Viv is generous to her friends.
View attachment 2992300

Wedding night.
View attachment 2992318

Was Lalacelle not invited?
View attachment 2992334
I just finished watching....that's a VERY good, quick snapshot you did there! I have nothing to add, except this.

I might have cried when they were actually getting married in the mayor's office. Actually, I might have started crying when they, along with all their friends, were walking into the mayor's office.

I really don't know what got into me, but yes, I cried at the Shrek's wedding.

1718310364688.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.