The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm all for a casual wedding, especially after you've been together for 20 years, but their garden cocktail reception did strike me as declasse & bargain basement. It seems that Shrek & Sara did most of the preparations on their own, including her sewing their costumes up to the last minute - so no wonder they looked knackered. No time to even get her hair done or for Shrek to go the barber.

To each their own, but I would have had more flowers on display all over the place and even down the staircase.

With only about 40 people I would have preferred a sit-down lunch in the garden with a long table or 4 round tables. Heck, Snorty could have been thoughtful and set the tables for them. It's what a good friend with a generous heart would do. Snorty could have brought some of his damn porcelain, table clothes & vases and put it all to good use (Of course that would have meant Snorty & Fanny showing up a day early, putting the dog down and thinking of others).

If they preferred to keep it as a cocktail party I would have hired a bartender plus some some wait staff to walk around to refill glasses, offer trays of food and collect empty plates.

Also, where were those two chef's that the Shrek's hired for their last workshop. I would have brought those girls from Paris for the weekend to cater the event. It would also provide time to spend with your guests & family who are visiting.
View attachment 2992230View attachment 2992236View attachment 2992237View attachment 2992241
I agree. I thought the whole thing was a shambles and a hot mess and I don't mean their choices necessarily but the execution. It seemed to be cobbled together at the last minute...poorly planned and rushed. Kinda like a lot of the other crap they make at the manor. What was the point of such a quick turnaround between announcement and wedding date? Makes me very suspicious of their motives. Just more manufactured Youtube content by two folks who don't have an original thought in their head.

Thank you to Viv (or is it her daughter, who I believe does the editing for Chateau Love) for panning that Mayor's office not once but multiple times as well as outside after the ceremony and then showing the hurried, late arrival of the two punks from Lalande. I thought her video was revealing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I just finished watching....that's a VERY good, quick snapshot you did there! I have nothing to add, except this.

I might have cried when they were actually getting married in the mayor's office. Actually, I might have started crying when they, along with all their friends, were walking into the mayor's office.

I really don't know what got into me, but yes, I cried at the Shrek's wedding.

View attachment 2992501
Today's M&M vlog is mostly the ceremony with the Mairie. I was nice, and they were surrounded by family and true friends. Sara and her mother hugging at the conclusion was really sweet.
They're good people, only fault is their association with Fanny. I wish them well.
But I'll still have a go at them when I see the opportunity. 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Thinking about what we'd serve at a moist party.

I think we'd all have to oil up.
There might be Jello wrestling.
And cabana boys with spraying bottles of cheap champagne.
Can we book that for tomorrow night's VIP lounge entertainment. Open house special, VIPs and non VIPs welcome to mark the occasion of Despicable fanny's almost demise.
---
Yes you are eligible to vote it was announced a couple of days ago. You can register on line but I’ve no idea whether you will be in time for 4th July.
Thank you @Madame de Pompanddoodoo possibly another case of not making it obviously public. As with the Brexit vote.
---

This site may provide some more info. Bit tight time wise perhaps.
---

He’s certainly not very bonny by any stretch of the imagination, but this photo is nightmare fuel. 😬
Thank you @YoungAtHeart it gives me a starting point.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm all for a casual wedding, especially after you've been together for 20 years, but their garden cocktail reception did strike me as declasse & bargain basement. It seems that Shrek & Sara did most of the preparations on their own, including her sewing their costumes up to the last minute - so no wonder they looked knackered. No time to even get her hair done or for Shrek to go the barber.

To each their own, but I would have had more flowers on display all over the place and even down the staircase.

With only about 40 people I would have preferred a sit-down lunch in the garden with a long table or 4 round tables. Heck, Snorty could have been thoughtful and set the tables for them. It's what a good friend with a generous heart would do. Snorty could have brought some of his damn porcelain, table clothes & vases and put it all to good use (Of course that would have meant Snorty & Fanny showing up a day early, putting the dog down and thinking of others).

If they preferred to keep it as a cocktail party I would have hired a bartender plus some some wait staff to walk around to refill glasses, offer trays of food and collect empty plates.

Also, where were those two chef's that the Shrek's hired for their last workshop. I would have brought those girls from Paris for the weekend to cater the event. It would also provide time to spend with your guests & family who are visiting.
View attachment 2992230View attachment 2992236View attachment 2992237View attachment 2992241
I don't think they had much time for extras, it seems it was only about 3 weeks from when they told us to the day... and she sewed her outfits.. They don't splash the cash either so they may not have money for all that.. I know my wedding was a bouquet for me and boutonnieres for the groom and best man.. Did all my own catering and the reception was in our new house. My son works with a guy who's getting married, one child and another on the way and they're spending $40K+ on a wedding! Doesn't make sense to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Agreed, they spent the absolute minimum . . . just like they do on everything else.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Today's M&M vlog is mostly the ceremony with the Mairie. I was nice, and they were surrounded by family and true friends. Sara and her mother hugging at the conclusion was really sweet.
They're good people, only fault is their association with Fanny. I wish them well.
Ugh oh......I watched Vivienne's vlog. I totally forgot about Steve and Sara's vlog! I might have to save that for later as I'm all cried out. I think it must be the heat, I don't know. It really caught me off guard.

Also, I agree....they're not terrible people. But they definitely make it easy to poke fun at them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Today's M&M vlog is mostly the ceremony with the Mairie. It was nice, and they were surrounded by family and true friends. Sara and her mother hugging at the conclusion was really sweet.
Had to fix a typo above... and add:

Back rolls.
1718312553356.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just finished watching....that's a VERY good, quick snapshot you did there! I have nothing to add, except this.

I might have cried when they were actually getting married in the mayor's office. Actually, I might have started crying when they, along with all their friends, were walking into the mayor's office.

I really don't know what got into me, but yes, I cried at the Shrek's wedding.

View attachment 2992501
I had a tear too... I think because I've never seen them so fond of each other, which was lovely...... And she's so unassuming, she said 'we'll be back shortly, you're welcome to come too or stay here', (or similar)... It may be the only wedding day she ever has, she's not one for fuss though.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't think they had much time for extras, it seems it was only about 3 weeks from when they told us to the day... and she sewed her outfits.. They don't splash the cash either so they may not have money for all that.. I know my wedding was a bouquet for me and boutonnieres for the groom and best man.. Did all my own catering and the reception was in our new house. My son works with a guy who's getting married, one child and another on the way and they're spending $40K+ on a wedding! Doesn't make sense to me.
Exciting for the village…
Casual is one thing it just seemed lacking in celebration.
Snorts was charging ahead, he definitely does not look out for the old girl despite what she leads us to believe.
My brother had his wedding over three days . Huge expense for everyone 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry, quick derail...

A question for Brits living in the EU.

I heard through a somewhat convoluted source that we have been given back our voting rights. Allegedly permanently. Can anyone shine any light on this, please?

I shall do an indepth investigate in the morning but I have evidently missed something in all the crap I get from the UK government. I dare say we've missed the boat for the July 4th general election.

TIA x
---

Ah, oui. Hier 😪
I've not heard anything

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Totally agree with you. If I was a friend I would have proposed to either do all the petit-fours and/or hold the bar and make the cocktails. I would have suggest flowers on the banister and flowers on the posts of the gazebo and on the tables all with lovely ribbons (as she is a seamstress it would have fit as well as little pieces of carved wood fitting for shrek)... Weird friends they have. (unless it was offered and they declined)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree. I thought the whole thing was a shambles and a hot mess and I don't mean their choices necessarily but the execution. It seemed to be cobbled together at the last minute...poorly planned and rushed. Kinda like a lot of the other crap they make at the manor. What was the point of such a quick turnaround between announcement and wedding date? Makes me very suspicious of their motives. Just more manufactured Youtube content by two folks who don't have an original thought in their head.

Thank you to Viv (or is it her daughter, who I believe does the editing for Chateau Love) for panning that Mayor's office not once but multiple times as well as outside after the ceremony and then showing the hurried, late arrival of the two punks from Lalande. I thought her video was revealing.
The quick turnaround was shared on one of their vlogs.. their lawyer strongly advised to marry asap due to the French property rights… married straightforward the other inherits.. unmarried very complicatd and problematic..

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Are they lime trees?
Had to chuckle when something about children was mentioned in the ceremony. Maybe that’s why they invited Snorts.
This has been said before but Shreks greasy hair makes me want to 🤮 I couldn’t stand being near him and Sarah I’m not sure what look you were going for with your hair but you're not maid Marion and pick a colour and stick with it. Out of everything that wasn’t great with the look, the hair was the worst.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.