The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just out of curiosity this morning I decided to see if this was reflected in her Graphtreon stats. It’s too soon for that. Or so I thought. While her numbers aren’t yet showing anything her Patreon pause is, very subtly. Look at Fanny’s picture at upper left. It’s blurred out. When you click on it, straight to the “page is unavailable” black screen of death!🤣

View attachment 2991354

View attachment 2991355
A thought that has "literally" just popped into my head (I think the radio waves are at work) has the last 6 month massive spending spree been a precursor to what is currently happening? If the money has been spent, it can't be reclaimed. Why is mummy in the UK? And why did Despicable fanny just "pop" over there to hug her? Is she going to run? Does anyone know where she actually is? Or is she m.i.a.? Does South Africa have extradition treaties with Europe (France and UK)?

I can see now that that is more than one thought!! Radio waves at work.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Have you recovered from your sheep incident?
Yes thank you. There is very little that will keep a tattler down. We're a lively, living life to the full bunch. The 2 girls involved in the incident have been a little "sheepish" with me since the tumble.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I did go to a dietician and I did the bloody fodmap too!
I cooked with gluten free flour which was something else and all I could find out at the end was a lot of onions are not my friend. :love:
Everything else was ok.
Speaking of Fodmap I’m currently in Ireland and have eaten way too much cabbage with my bacon and parsley sauce 💨

• Haha
Reactions: 22
He won’t even touch me, so …

So how do you think Fanny has reacted to being suspended will she be hysterical, temper tantrums, this is unfair or will she take to her bed like a little victim?
Definitely

Some people are energy vampires (whether from narcissism, anxiety, cluelessness, etc).
Sadly, I have a co-worker who's like that. I used to like her, but now I see her ugly face for what it is
I try to starve the vampire, by giving her absolutely nothing personal or just giving her one senctence responses.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
From Lala's FB page, a comment about the patreon page not much they're all in a tis over the SA Gooner/50% off Huge Grunt, available for weddings, christenings and bar mitzvahs

What a comment to read just before an evening meal :sick:

Wendy Berch
Michael needs to be on cover of GQ!!

😆:sick:😆:sick:😆

Wendy, are you feeling Ok and have you been to SpecSavers lately?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Just realised I'm only 60kms away from M&M. Probably away on honeymoon so not planning on popping by. Cycled Souillac to Sarlat and back yesterday. Lovely route along a disused railway route. Saddle sore by the end.

In Toulouse there were trees along our canal cycle route that had pale green dangling flower heads with the most intense scent. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the tree which is not here on the Dordogne. In this nut growing area I love the grid planting of the trees it draws the eye from every angle. The tree that I know more from this area and north is not yet flowering Silk Persian/pink mimosa. Not known in IRL.
It may have been acacia trees. They thrive in this region. The local thing to do is take the dangly flower heads dip them in sweet batter and deep fry them. Absolutely delicious. They are strongly scented and adored by bees.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Speaking of Fodmap I’m currently in Ireland and have eaten way too much cabbage with my bacon and parsley sauce 💨
Hope you are having a good time. I see the weather forecast is rain for most of the next week. But we don't rust or shrink so I hope you get to see and do lots. A 99 is definitely on the list as well as Guinness, and let me know whether you prefer King or Tayto cheese and onion crisps (chips to our US tattlers. Great added to a cheese sandwich too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
How lovely, clean and uncluttered. All the flowers in pots out the front and I bet they're not using 20 year old towels.

Understated and elegant.

I'm sure Fanny must think her guests should be eternally grateful for being allowed to stay in that crusty fusty musty old farmhouse, with it's clapped out furniture, peeling paint, dust and unfinnished decorating.

All of these other Chateaux who do B&B, really do show La Lande for what it is.......... a heap.
Freshly painted windows, no mold... lovely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Right. So now I'm all caught up and it looks as though Despicable fanny may get a reprise... @KyBourbon where the bloody hell have you been? We're missing too many at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well, my guess she took to her bed after correspondence from Patreon and not from a "bad back" maybe true. Where was she 3 days ago? She looked crap at the wedding of the century, I wonder if she had been informed then.
Fanny was wearing her mentos ring that day!
---
Who wears it better?
Snorts is cross eyed.

The couple with him in the kilt and her in the bottom hugging dress need a room, each photo awkward!

And then we have Dorothy and the wizard of Oz.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
On the subject of Marie's wierd concoctions she tries to pass off as fine dining.
I think it's a shame she didn't attend Thai week, LOL.
Yet, given her inability to correctly identify edible flowers, maybe it's a good thing Tempura Flowers aren't on the menu.

Having a look at Ashburton Cookery School's Thai dishes. I can see they mistranslated the "snack" as Stuffed Chicken Thigh, when it's Stuffed Chicken Wings.
LOL, that already speaks to the level of professionalism and their participation chef diplomas.
I still doubt that Marie would have graduated from any reputable culinary institution such as Le Cordon Bleu.

Anyway, Stuffed Chicken Wings.
Thanks for this. Love your Asian culture and languages insights.
Somewhere along the way between the last time she was cooking supermarche veg and chicken for all beige fests, and this time, she has picked up the stacked entree with puree trick. It's old. I wonder if she caught it from these people? Will check your handy link.
ETA: Looked at her course curriculum again, no mention of plating or stacking entrees, and the recipes accompanying the lessons don't sound stackable at all. They sound good and interesting if not mouth-watering.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just realised I'm only 60kms away from M&M. Probably away on honeymoon so not planning on popping by. Cycled Souillac to Sarlat and back yesterday. Lovely route along a disused railway route. Saddle sore by the end.

In Toulouse there were trees along our canal cycle route that had pale green dangling flower heads with the most intense scent. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the tree which is not here on the Dordogne. In this nut growing area I love the grid planting of the trees it draws the eye from every angle. The tree that I know more from this area and north is not yet flowering Silk Persian/pink mimosa. Not known in IRL.
Are they lime trees?
Had to chuckle when something about children was mentioned in the ceremony. Maybe that’s why they invited Snorts.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
You have to 'adopt a star', then you can scroll over them to see which are available... her terms of service are shocking though, and I can't find it now but I know somewhere it says the site is only up for 7 years... Here, this link is better.. shop.chateau de lalande ... talk about convoluted!! Go to the link to see what's avail... apparently... What a con job... https://shop.chateaudelalande.com/collections/adopt-a-star-from-the-constellation-of-saint-henry
Thank you for this.
---
I have one friend (?) who is like that too.
On and on she goes all about herself then she will ask about what am I doing this week - so I tell her - then she goes back to herself and at the end of that asks what I am doing this week!!
She does not listen and does not care ...... I just want to tell her to put the cheque in the mail as I am clearly her mental health psychologist and she calls every bloody week! :mad:
So glad I'm not the only one. Yes, it's infuriating when they ask the same question more than once and proves they don't listen. I feel like writing a book about communication/conversation being two-way, rather than a long monologue!
---
Think we've all had or currently have a friend like that, it's draining.

They phone to ask how you are and then just talk at you and then wonder why you make excuses for not going to see them.
Yes, I find it absolutely draining and exhausting just listening to it, much more tiring than physical work!

Last edited:
  • Heart
---
Who wears it better?
Snorts is cross eyed.

The couple with him in the kilt and her in the bottom hugging dress need a room, each photo awkward!

Snorts has beady predator eyes

• Haha
---
Who wears it better?
Snorts is cross eyed.

I felt bad for this gal. In every shot her ass is eating her dress.
1718302147947.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.