The Chateau Diaries #310 What does Phillip do for a living? NOTHING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a lot of trouble looking for this robe. Everything about that robe was weird to me (hell, we thought it was a coat).
Does Fanny really travel in dressing gowns?
Was she in it when she arrived from London?
They are really dirty people!
Same dressing gown in the plane, in the car and around the house!
Washed?
Nooo!

View attachment 2975282
She probably thinks she's being Boho and chic... whereas, in all honesty, she's just a skank.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I would love to go there too @Pekey and I am actually considering something in their autumn program, even if I have very poor abilities for painting… As my husband said, if you are paying, you can paint whatever you want…
Oh you must go Bird&Frog !!!!
You would be surprised with the wide ability students have in a class ... many go for the company and if they make a nice painting they think its a bonus!
The gardens at their Chateau are beautiful and I am sure you will have a fabulous time as they all seem so nice and the food looks great!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If Stephanie Jarvis spent whatever huge price to restore the chapel, if she were to sell the shitshow, I doubt the asking price would go up another half a million would it? Her main building is falling down and looks the pits. Her farm buildings are neglected and in disrepair. So, it seems to me, that the gullible fans have paid for a chapel repair which will offset the certain loss on the price of the main building. The owners have effectively used donations to shore up the price of the whole estate.

• Heart
@Cest moi. 👏 a healthy unfussy birthday meal a la francaise - just asking as a squeamish Brit - was 'bavette de cheval' horsemeat?
Yes, it was. Please don't come for me. We have a local horse meat butcher and his cuts, and portions are generous and the pricing is correct. I prefer this to beef steak. It is much more tender, little fat and melts in the mouth. He does a farcé mix of horsemeat mince and ground pork. The French use it to stuff vegetables, very south of France, but I find it is excellent for bolognaise and lasagne.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
They also provide a small trolley for each participant to use for their art stuff and they put a name label on each one. Each participant has their own wooden easel from Jackson's, the ieading UK art supplier. They really think about the needs and comfort of their guests. The lunch food looked wonderful and I guess dinner is even better. Their attitude and planning are really serious and professional and they maintain a good balance between a professional but friendly atmosphere. Basically, they approach everything in an intelligent and adult way. Fanny and co are incapable of doing that.
Yes I saw the trolleys too Cleo...... they think of their paying guest first and foremost...... you feel important and that is good business too !!!

Fanny just thinks that seeing her in the flesh is what you paid for and "Aren't you lucky !" Bloody hell. :rolleyes::cautious:
PLUS --- NO Heat! :eek:..... I feel the cold!

• Haha
  • Heart
Yes, I thought she looked lovely. Natural, content and at peace. This, Despicable fanny could never achieve no matter how much money she spends on herself. Rotten to the core on the inside, rotten on the outside.

I kinda get Marie's comment about feeling more like herself again. I wonder if it's thyroid related? I've been there and it was like I was a completely different person that not only my nearest and dearest didn't recognise, I didn't recognise, or like, me either. If there is some sort of turmoil with the thyroid it is so important to get things balanced. Just stopping prescribed medication is not the thing to do and will lead to too many dark places.

And her "happy place" is so obviously the wrong place for her.
My husband has just had his thyroid removed lots of nodules, hashimotos, and it was 2.5 times the size of a normal thyroid. He had a 20% chance of cancer, thankfully none detected. But his moods before and just after removal were all over the place, very quick to get cranky then teary, it was a difficult time. Now that’s his been on thyroxine and his got normal blood tests so much better.

when Marie talks about treating her thyroid disorder naturally I wonder what she’s doing?

• Heart
@francissheller989
2 hours ago
I used to love Chateau Diaries. Just not into Stephanie Diaries.
mireille4751
2 hours ago
Since the beginning of her vlog Stephanie said that the Chateau Diaries was about her own life. In my opinion the only differences are :
1) as she wasn’t allowed to travel during the Covid lockdown, the vlog was more chateau-centered
2) her private life has changed since she met Philip and got engaged to him
3) her mother had to stay in South Africa until Percy recovers

SJ and BJJ mask.png

SJ BJJ mask.jpg

1) as she wasn’t allowed to travel during the Covid lockdown, the vlog was more chateau-centered

IJ reacts to news.png

SJ and BJJ laughing.png

2) her private life has changed since she met Philip and got engaged to him

IJ cold.jpg
IJ.png

Screenshot (668).png

3) her mother had to stay in South Africa until Percy recovers

• Haha
  • Angry
This is how I feel about the reno of the chapel, too. When your main building (without proper heating) looks as if it might tumble down into the place where the lake you drained used to be, I have a hard time understanding the priority of the chapel. Shore up the chapel to prevent further damage and decorate it later, if that's important to you, but I certainly wouldn't have spent that money given the state of the chateau itself.

Regarding what she spent on the place versus repair price - that's not really surprising to me and is typical when renovating an old building. If some of these things had been addressed years ago, the price wouldn't have been as steep. That chateau is in a world of hurt! When you factor the time that has passed since she's bought it and nothing has been done (or done poorly), you are dealing with 20 years of neglect and deferred maintenance on top of the original damage of the property when purchased. Above and beyond the chapel, she continues to throw big money on decorating and furniture - for what? So it can rot away with damp? Her windows in that place are atrocious, so anything she puts in there is ridiculous, and that includes a heating system, which, like everything else, is half-done.
The main reason Fanny gave for doing both the structural work and decorative work on the chapel at the same time was because of the scaffolding. She said it would cost too much to remove the scaffolding and then re-install it at a later date for the decorative work. BS!
It was a weak excuse then, and now even weaker, since they have to re-install some scaffolding to do the additional repairs on the chapel exterior. Fanny will spin any lie in order to justify her crazy decisions and out of control spending.

• Angry
  • Heart
Gosh! Fillers and botox again so soon after Chelsea. And then, yet again, in a month while visiting the Hampton Court flower show. The effects are not lasting well... Or, she's got a right bodger! Probably pays cheap. Apply the old adage Despicable fanny - you pays your money you take your choice.
---

Annalise doesn't look quite so "large" in this picture. Have filters been applied? She's there a lot. Does she have no life? Is she angling to move in? Does she want some of the action that danthevanlessman got? If so, will kid 1 and kid 2 go to live in the woods with danthevanlessman and the scraggy kat?

If Thrush took all those bleeping tureens off of the window sill more natural daylight would get through and they wouldn't need to have the lamp, or lights on, during the day.

Oh to have a Greek night in the shithole.
---

Welcome @Frenchie0810 just one more quote will tip you in to VIPness. Knees up Friday, we'll get plenty of rounds in.
My kinda night

1717583546624.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Did Potty accompany Fanny to London for a little dirty get-a-way before flying off to Montreal for the gran prix this week?

Also, where’s Pavlina? Did she not return with Grant?

• Wow
  • Heart
While I admire the craftsmanship that has gone into the chapel restoration , I'm thinking why the priority? It's not even original to the shitoo but a 19th century add-on. Just like all the panelling bought & cut up to fit the walls. Follie de grandeur rapidly gaining ground - bedhead from the Ritz - stuff from the iconic hotel in Venice - panelling from Le Tour d'Argent. Nothing on sale from Versailles for SNORTS to announce "I've just spotted...???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes, it was. Please don't come for me. We have a local horse meat butcher and his cuts, and portions are generous and the pricing is correct. I prefer this to beef steak. It is much more tender, little fat and melts in the mouth. He does a farcé mix of horsemeat mince and ground pork. The French use it to stuff vegetables, very south of France, but I find it is excellent for bolognaise and lasagne.
It is good information to know if we have an apocalypse. I will know how to cook horse meat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
While I admire the craftsmanship that has gone into the chapel restoration , I'm thinking why the priority? It's not even original to the shitoo but a 19th century add-on. Just like all the panelling bought & cut up to fit the walls. Follie de grandeur rapidly gaining ground - bedhead from the Ritz - stuff from the iconic hotel in Venice - panelling from Le Tour d'Argent. Nothing on sale from Versailles for SNORTS to announce "I've just spotted...???
”Follie de grandeur”! Yes. Perfectly put.

The result of Franny’s follie de grandeur is a scary ugly mismatch of styles that is so unoriginal, so very nouveau rich, that it hurts.

Old Franny and her Pubes are insanely obsessed with noblesse and royalty and brand names and famous people and places just like little children with their Disney characters. Dressing in costumes, wearing tiaras and long coats just pretending…
The most original piece in that Dump is the Marquis original TV from 1970’s 😂 kept as a precious piece by hoarder Franny.

There’s nothing sophisticated or luxurious about your shittoo Franny and to give your farmhouse a dignified future you have to scrap everything and start again. Everything. Remove all fake panels, furniture like those awful green velvet chairs, remove all wallpapers, not only the ugly Fuk Tat Chinese restaurant wallpaper, remove every pillow, every piece of curtain and bed curtains and start again.

After making the beams, the walls and the floors solid and safe again, remake the walls plaster them all with the proper products that allows the dumpy walls to breath. Repaint everything in calming earthy or neutral colors. Wall may need repainting every spring. Redecorate with warm shades of earthy colors from sandy beige to terracotta. French farmhouse core. Bring farm house furniture, rough wood, new fresh pillows with covers in washable materials to be washed regularly and replaced/changed during the winter months with covers made of warm materials. Change curtains twice a year too… make simple linen curtains in neutral color for summer months and heavier velvety curtains for winter months.

Don’t get me started on those rugs… have you ever washed any of them? None of those rugs have places in the future farmhouse… throw away the rugs and search some new ones… maybe Moroccan rugs, easily found in France.
Keep the place warm with your new heating system but don’t let the heat scape the house, you need to isolate the house with new windows, double or triple glazed windows and better isolated roof. A new solar system dedicated to the serve all the bathrooms could warm the water in the entire chateau. Even your fantasy pool…

French farmhouse is a fabulous style but your deformed mind set is ruining that place forever.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
At least 15 years ago, it may be more when the go fund me Craze started, I immediately went out and purchased life insurance on my two children. My husband thought it was morbid, but I did not want to be that person that had a hat out begging if my children needed a funeral now go fund me Patreon et are a way of life and I do not buy into it!!

Just recently someone we know passed away at a very young age I think 42 and his friends or family set up a GoFundMe for his funeral and a fundraiser at a local bar and I looked at it and I thought about it and I thought oh maybe I’ll donate something and then I see his wife on the book of face bragging about her arm tattoo and I thought to myself self if I had $500 to buy an arm tattoo, I would probably put that towards my husband‘s funeral instead of asking strangers to bury my husband. Maybe I’m old maybe I’m old fashion but if you can afford pleasures in life , vacation, alcohol, cigarettes , wallpaper you don’t really need me or anyone else to fund your lifestyle. I get it little children aren’t responsible for what their parents do in my town. All the schools have free breakfast and lunch and I see the parents of the children at the little market down from my restaurant buying cases of beer, lottery tickets and cigarettes and we still collect money for shoes for kidsbecause parents are so flipping irresponsible they don’t take care of their children so, Of course, I’ll donate to shoes for kids. My current charities I support if anyone wants a cute tshirt spreadspencerssparkle.com ok rant over.

Fanny wants a Pool complex gawd

• Heart
Reactions: 47
@Lady Avonlea

Also, where’s Pavlina? Did she not return with Grant?

Last seen staring at the clouds out of a plane window. So no longer at the shithole. Was she with Fanny who is flitting back to the UK for a little break between her holidays. The way that lot increase their carbon footprint every week you just never can tell who is where and when. As there is no love lost between Fanny and mummy dear what is the real reason she has to be in England again so soon after Chelsea and so close to the Hampton Court jaunt.

• Angry
  • Heart
Gracie...... Fanny said Mummy had "Secret Womens Business" to do in the UK then she will go to the Falling Down Farmhouse with a Multi-Coloured Chapel after that .
Mmmmmmm :unsure:
Since she’s retired from opera perhaps Stephamememe could star in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s latest work, Fanny and the Amazing Technicolor Chapel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
”Follie de grandeur”! Yes. Perfectly put.

The result of Franny’s follie de grandeur is a scary ugly mismatch of styles that is so unoriginal, so very nouveau rich, that it hurts.

Old Franny and her Pubes are insanely obsessed with noblesse and royalty and brand names and famous people and places just like little children with their Disney characters. Dressing in costumes, wearing tiaras and long coats just pretending…
The most original piece in that Dump is the Marquis original TV from 1970’s 😂 kept as a precious piece by hoarder Franny.

There’s nothing sophisticated or luxurious about your shittoo Franny and to give your farmhouse a dignified future you have to scrap everything and start again. Everything. Remove all fake panels, furniture like those awful green velvet chairs, remove all wallpapers, not only the ugly Fuk Tat Chinese restaurant wallpaper, remove every pillow, every piece of curtain and bed curtains and start again.

After making the beams, the walls and the floors solid and safe again, remake the walls plaster them all with the proper products that allows the dumpy walls to breath. Repaint everything in calming earthy or neutral colors. Wall may need repainting every spring. Redecorate with warm shades of earthy colors from sandy beige to terracotta. French farmhouse core. Bring farm house furniture, rough wood, new fresh pillows with covers in washable materials to be washed regularly and replaced/changed during the winter months with covers made of warm materials. Change curtains twice a year too… make simple linen curtains in neutral color for summer months and heavier velvety curtains for winter months.

Don’t get me started on those rugs… have you ever washed any of them? None of those rugs have places in the future farmhouse… throw away the rugs and search some new ones… maybe Moroccan rugs, easily found in France.
Keep the place warm with your new heating system but don’t let the heat scape the house, you need to isolate the house with new windows, double or triple glazed windows and better isolated roof. A new solar system dedicated to the serve all the bathrooms could warm the water in the entire chateau. Even your fantasy pool…

French farmhouse is a fabulous style but your deformed mind set is ruining that place forever.
You've hit the nail on the head. All what she's wasted on the chapel on frankly unnecessary tarting up; together with the expensive wallpapers that are not in keeping would have been best spent making the main house more economical to run.

Unfortunately she's like a magpie only interested in the pretty twinkling stuff not the practicalities as they're boring. She's tapped into the group of fans who are probably also out of touch with reality and only think of Disney Princesses and Castles. The daft thing is if she'd done the renovations the correct way instead of literally papering over the cracks, I'm sure her fans who like the renovation part of it would have been more than happy to donate. Sadly these fans who, when they voice an opinion/concern as to why there is no proper reno work being done, get attacked and shot down in flames by the others.

In the end there will be a wreck of a chateau, two overgrown and unkempt gardens, a dried up lake and a Disney style Chapel that serves no purpose to anyone.

• Heart
Who was Natty pouring champagne for?

The old auntie in the background of this shot with potty ,who is she?
Fanny definitely flounced down the steps for effect.
Yes Fanny the liar,Snorts definitely paid for the tureen.
Did Stefanie steal the bedspread and wear it as a coat?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.