The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meh. I would feel sorry for his patreons. But they choose support him, despite him not producing anything and clinging on to that hope to see the Gardener's Cottage renovated.
TROTTER ALERT!
He couldn't keep the promise of uploading a new vlog, so instead he rewarded his hard efforts with a visit to Macera TallerBar and Peaky Blinders.
Thank you Lord for letting me be too poor to support his Patreon and just admire his radiance - for Michael is the sun... ;) - for free.
Real story ....

Meth - er - Rick got evicted
Billy speilberg missy’s finally got rid of elder 🧓 party 🎈 boy as he was bad for business

He’s on the run like most gangbusters
In Spain 🇪🇸 ... worse for him Spain is rounding up ex cons n evicting them back to Blighty .....

Isn’t a Top 🔝 a double eviction anyway ???

He’s top of his class so ..
for once 🔝😂

Wonder how he got to peaky blinders
He featured as a blinder in the tattle news ...
But that was weeks ago .....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I also went against recommendations and asked Google to define “teabagging”. My husband who was watching sports said what did she say? Learning a lot on here!🤭
I don't have Alexa so I couldn't ask her. I believe teabagging is a spa treatment. Michael has swollen bulbous eyes so he puts wet teabags on the lids to reduce the swelling. That's why they call him Teabag.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Another thing I don't get -- is why Petherick -- and the much more intelligent, honest, talented and hardworking vloggers like Anna and Philipp, or Marc and Amy -- do not learn from Stephanie's acknowledged talent and success at vlogging. What makes her vlog interesting is all the different characters all working on the chateau -- like four projects a vlog. She looks into the camera, as others have noted, and maintains a respectful relationship with the camera -- even if you don't like the chicken filets they are doing the work. She interviews people of interest, vlogs Emmaus shopping (which gives me the willies but thousands love), celebrates special occasions and talks to the work guys, of whom there are loads. I wish she'd talk to the French more, I wish to know more about the willow wand guy, the ancient masonry guys, etc. I like that Philipp has brought Benoit into the mix, he's interesting and talented and cheeky.
Petherick and the others feature long videos about themselves doing boring things like moving the Christmas tree or restoring a worthless and ugly piece of furniture. What's not boring is things like terrifying health and safety issues and really feckless incompetence.
Petherick truly seems to think that just keeping the camera on himself and his even less interesting boyfriends is content enough. I'm afraid I think Philipp and Amy are developing the same habit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Real story ....

Meth - er - Rick got evicted
Billy speilberg missy’s finally got rid of elder 🧓 party 🎈 boy as he was bad for business

He’s on the run like most gangbusters
In Spain 🇪🇸 ... worse for him Spain is rounding up ex cons n evicting them back to Blighty .....

Isn’t a Top 🔝 a double eviction anyway ???

He’s top of his class so ..
for once 🔝😂

Wonder how he got to peaky blinders
He featured as a blinder in the tattle news ...
But that was weeks ago .....
It’s no wonder he hasn’t finished his video, he’s probably watched 50 hours of television to be that far in.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't have Alexa so I couldn't ask her. I believe teabagging is a spa treatment. Michael has swollen bulbous eyes so he puts wet teabags on the lids to reduce the swelling. That's why they call him Teabag.
I like your definition better than the one I have just learnt on Google. I have obviously led a sheltered life within my 34 year marriage. Only tonight I was watching BBCiplayer - Eating with my Ex (in this case not a euphemism) when one person said to his ex "Well two tops don't make a bottom." and the ex replied "Well you said you were too nervous, so I bottomed for you. It did not make me happy," and I realised that it was only because someone on here had kindly explained it (in the last fortnight), that I had a clue what was being spoken of. I am still not sure whether I was happier in my less enlightened state. At least I am not confused I suppose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
TROTTER ALERT!
He couldn't keep the promise of uploading a new vlog, so instead, he rewarded his hard efforts with a visit to Macera TallerBar and Peaky Blinders.
Thank you Lord for letting me be too poor to support his Patreon and just admire his radiance - for Michael is the sun... ;) - for free.
tbc.png

With all the parties and Netflix series he'll never have time to continue his "Escape from the Lockdown - Madrid."
Nor will he have time to vlog!

Ain't that a blessing? ✌:LOL:;)

Another thing I don't get -- is why Petherick -- and the much more intelligent, honest, talented and hardworking vloggers like Anna and Philipp, or Marc and Amy -- do not learn from Stephanie's acknowledged talent and success at vlogging. What makes her vlog interesting is all the different characters all working on the chateau -- like four projects a vlog. She looks into the camera, as others have noted, and maintains a respectful relationship with the camera -- even if you don't like the chicken filets they are doing the work. She interviews people of interest, vlogs Emmaus shopping (which gives me the willies but thousands love), celebrates special occasions and talks to the work guys, of whom there are loads. I wish she'd talk to the French more, I wish to know more about the willow wand guy, the ancient masonry guys, etc. I like that Philipp has brought Benoit into the mix, he's interesting and talented and cheeky. Petherick and the others feature long videos about themselves doing boring things like moving the Christmas tree or restoring a worthless and ugly piece of furniture. What's not boring is things like terrifying health and safety issues and really feckless incompetence. Petherick truly seems to think that just keeping the camera on himself and his even less interesting boyfriends is content enough. I'm afraid I think Philipp and Amy are developing the same habit.
The ultimate MPK adjective: LAZY

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I actually don't know anything about fine 18th century French panelling from the Ile de Louis, but I suspect it travels wrapped, at a minimum, in standard furniture moving quilted padding and is stored not leaning against itself but with interleaved protection? I suspect it is also to be stored horizontally to avoid warping. The knowledgeable DIYers I know who religiously upcycle even dumpster dived 1870s beadboard store it horizontally and flat.
The carved trim seems vulnerable to falling off. No better way to achieve this than to store decorated panels stacked on top of one another, vertically.
If I were a big donor I would insist much better storage methods for the panelling be instituted, yesterday.
Also insurance. Given that it came to the chateau unwrapped and unprotected in an unmarked white van, I suspect insurance is not in play here.
Really well stated. I am no longer a patreon - can anyone else whobis still a patreon ask these questions? I was thinking the panelling should be covered with tarps, at least. Why are all the animals allowed access everywhere to tit and spread germs. It's disgusting. I thought Selmar was building a hen house and they were going to section off part of the vegetable garden for them. I mean what is he doing now that toilet is abandoned and allbthese other experts are there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Really well stated. I am no longer a patreon - can anyone else whobis still a patreon ask these questions? I was thinking the panelling should be covered with tarps, at least. Why are all the animals allowed access everywhere to tit and spread germs. It's disgusting. I thought Selmar was building a hen house and they were going to section off part of the vegetable garden for them. I mean what is he doing now that toilet is abandoned and allbthese other experts are there.
You're so right! It would piss me off all that chicken tit everywhere. I stopped watching the Chateau grab but didn't someone send her some hen houses?
Plus, they should have covered everything up years ago, or at least stopped the chickens from getting access. But no, Stephanie just laughs at the literal tit show.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I hope she answers ALL of these questions in her “live” on Sunday! Do you hear me Stephanie? You really need to answer these questions and also tell us why you allow the bats to “poo up” the attic and the cellar. And please don’t say that it’s because they are those “special bats”! Or that you want to keep the attic in its original “batty” state. If the cellar bats are indeed a dying breed, they need to be moved 😶

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hope she answers ALL of these questions in her “live” on Sunday! Do you hear me Stephanie? You really need to answer these questions and also tell us why you allow the bats to “poo up” the attic and the cellar. And please don’t say that it’s because they are those “special bats”! Or that you want to keep the attic in its original “batty” state. If the cellar bats are indeed a dying breed, they need to be moved 😶
And don't forget it's not just bats, it's rats, mice, chickens, pigeons, owls, peacocks, plus no doubt many other critters given free access. Just putrid 🤢.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I watch to see chateau life and restoration projects. I don’t want to hear about Phillip’s choice of clothing, decorations, family, allergies or animals! His noises are now unbearable and he is getting too much air time. He has ruined CD for me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I see there's some talk about speech/ spoken English and Marie Wiik, still bandied about.

She reprimanded a person from her country, posting in both their language for not speaking English.

Please spare me excuses.
Screenshot_20210329-135911__01.jpg

In this vlog she berates a fellow country woman for not texting in English.

Screenshot_20210424-231635.jpg

Go to that video, view that time stamp. She demands that person type in English. I demand she speaks it. Insulting someone from her country to appease her American patrons is pathetic. Spare me the violins for her speech.

She merely said hello from her hometown. Did Marie say hello? No demanded they all type in English.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
You know maybe Matt did not want to have to pay someone to be exposed to toxic tiles. I mean you'd be wearing masks and wearing gloves at a minimum. Are the panels stored in the same location as the tiles?

Reactions: 10
I can't recall which episode it was but I do remember it being mentioned that Snortie is on payroll to help in filming.
And so it dawned on me - it's virtually impossible to fire someone in France and that means we may need to suffer the male camel toe indefinitely.
No way is he properly employed though. She might give him some monthly money, but for sure he will have to take care of tax etc himself. Her official has no relationship with the actual official and she would not go through the hassle of having to do that paperwork and/or pay for his employment other than with pocket money.

I wonder if Philip, Natti and Marie have signed a work contract with Stephanie/Lalande.
It would be interesting to know.
If they have French work contracts, it means their employer must paid social charges for their public health insurance (Sécurité Sociale), pension, State unemployment fund etc.
And yes, it's harder to fire them.
Usually when you say ‘I wonder’ in relation to the shitshowshatoo the aswer is no. Of course not.

• Wow
I watch to see chateau life and restoration projects. I don’t want to hear about Phillip’s choice of clothing, decorations, family, allergies or animals! His noises are now unbearable and he is getting too much air time. He has ruined CD for me
And the snorting! So much snorting throughout the vlogs! You're right, All Tripod needs to do is hold the camera steady, don't open mouth breathe and keep his mouth shut!

And welcome @Patriciarella , lovely to have you on board the Tattle train.

• Heart
YES I couldn't have said it better myself!

Let's bet he will unfortunately be front and center during the live chat tomorrow ughhhhhhhh

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I actually don't know anything about fine 18th century French panelling from the Ile de Louis, but I suspect it travels wrapped, at a minimum, in standard furniture moving quilted padding and is stored not leaning against itself but with interleaved protection? I suspect it is also to be stored horizontally to avoid warping. The knowledgeable DIYers I know who religiously upcycle even dumpster dived 1870s beadboard store it horizontally and flat.
The carved trim seems vulnerable to falling off. No better way to achieve this than to store decorated panels stacked on top of one another, vertically.
If I were a big donor I would insist much better storage methods for the panelling be instituted, yesterday.
Also insurance. Given that it came to the chateau unwrapped and unprotected in an unmarked white van, I suspect insurance is not in play here.
It’s mind boggling, isn’t it? How much common sense can one person lack? She is the poster board for stupid and ignorant and is not ashamed to flaunt it. Fascinating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.