The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes on the horrific state of the attic. I have never understood how that was left in its present condition as in the video that she did about it saying that she liked that it was still in its original state? And then I think about the bats in the cellar under one of the ground level rooms. I think I would have them moved as I would not want to live in the same place…who knows if that could be affecting their health. 😶
She has never been interested in creating anything but a party place at the shittoo. But now that she has discovered there’s a lot of money to grab for free, she suddenly wants things to start moving, after 16 years of doing nothing structural. She’s not interested in the shittoo, but in the money it can get her. This is also why things never get finished: she‘s making more money pretending there’s work in progress than a finished shittoo would make her.

Talk

Very interesting ... drop of $816 in a month.
But even more interesting : still wheeling in a shitload without doing anything. Free money still finds Trotterboy, wherever he dips his balls, apparently...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Thank you @Gibson you've convinced me to buy the book.

Interesting to hear about the tile, so soaking them overnight isn't going to help? :D What's the prediction then? Selmar to angle grind the cement? Matt's employee?

Even with all their experience (Dick an engineer, Angel an accountant), I'm sure they encounter many problems at the chateau, but I liked that they cleaned the place first, eww the horror that is the Lalande's attic! But seriously, how difficult is it to have a plan and stick with it! But no, Lalande is a the party place for Peter Pans.
The tiles were also half the size if not a quarter of the size of laland tiles as well.
The book is a good read. It doesn't hide anything and pretty much follows the chronology of the show. I knew Dick had to work away a few times, but didn't know how much. It did seem like a lot to take on, but they did it and each person plays to their own strengths business wise.
Living and learning. If anything the whole process would put me off a renovation that size.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You know maybe Matt did not want to have to pay someone to be exposed to toxic tiles. I mean you'd be wearing masks and wearing gloves at a minimum. Are the panels stored in the same location as the tiles?
No, different location. Panneling is in the stables where Marie had her ”studio” before and Ian the builder insulated the ceiling so IJ could be warm in the winter, which is baseless because she won’t be there in winter. SJ said she was going to have that ceiling painted white and since the panneling is uncovered and unprotected and the painters will be her amateur flying monkeys, we can see the drama coming. Poor patrons, having to pay again because that lovely panneling is now ruined.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I see there's some talk about speech/ spoken English and Marie Wiik, still bandied about.

She reprimanded a person from her country, posting in both their language for not speaking English.

Please spare me excuses.View attachment 544893

In this vlog she berates a fellow country woman for not texting in English.

View attachment 544894

Go to that video, view that time stamp. She demands that person type in English. I demand she speaks it. Insulting someone from her country to appease her American patrons is pathetic. Spare me the violins for her speech.

She merely said hello from her hometown. Did Marie say hello? No demanded they all type in English.
I follow a Swedish garden vlog. She speaks very good English, however, she also Vlogs in her own native tongue and of I want to read what is written i use Google translate. She also explains what is written for non Swedish speakers. It would not have been hard for Marie to do that or for anyone with a modicum of sense to use a text translater.
On a final note, why didn't she enjoy having a native speaker on her vlog?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
In this vlog she berates a fellow country woman for not texting in English.

Go to that video, view that time stamp. She demands that person type in English. I demand she speaks it. Insulting someone from her country to appease her American patrons is pathetic. Spare me the violins for her speech.

She merely said hello from her hometown. Did Marie say hello? No demanded they all type in English.
Here's the time stamp.

I'm not sure berating is the right word to use but asking people to speak in another language is ridiculous.
BTW, she really can't pronounce the th sound properly.

Reactions: 4
From (Not) Doing it Ourselves YT channel. Meth-erick is BUSTED!

Daisy de Claremont
5 hours ago
So if I understand correctly: people are sending you money for a supposed renovation of a small cottage that does not even belong to you. Then with the money in your pocket you fly to Madrid for a very long vacation. Just a vlog in so many weeks?! You do not answer any questions your fans ask you. And you still have subscribers?!?! Your family must be spending a lot of time brushing off negative comments, right?

Hide reply
ManOnEarth
ManOnEarth
35 minutes ago
I was curious like you as well and did some snooping on his Instagram stories updates. He's enjoying himself at a bar named Macera Tallerbar and spending his time watching peaky blinders episodes.
I checked his YT comments yesterday.
There were too many controversial comments to post here.
I can see there are even new ones now. In one day....

And don't forget it's not just bats, it's rats, mice, chickens, pigeons, owls, peacocks, plus no doubt many other critters given free access. Just putrid 🤢.
As I said previously, this Château looks like a not well kept farm.
At least, nowadays, hens, chicken, turkeys, geese all what you want are kept in a special area for them. Not left to poo everywhere they want.
I was truly disgusted by the state of her stables when they were looking for the tiles.
I hope the stables where they stock(badly) this 18e century panelling is chicken free !

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
You can stop replying to my posts. Thanks.
You know, I would but I really don't pay attention to whose posts I'm replying.

And I'm not okay with letting someone restrict my freedom of expression like that.

Feel free to press the Ignore button provided by the platform, though.

Reactions: 8
TROTTER ALERT!
He couldn't keep the promise of uploading a new vlog, so instead he rewarded his hard efforts with a visit to Macera TallerBar and Peaky Blinders.
Thank you Lord for letting me be too poor to support his Patreon and just admire his radiance - for Michael is the sun... ;) - for free.
I am getting together a list of Netflix series he must catch up on, and sending it to him. I hope he never loads another vlog.... again....ever. I just cant wait till the end of the month to see how much his $$$$ drop, how much longer till the groupie grannies patrons see the light.💡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My husband watched CD out of the corner of the eye.
Asked "What have horses and bidets in common ?"

"You have to move them."

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I like your definition better than the one I have just learnt on Google. I have obviously led a sheltered life within my 34 year marriage. Only tonight I was watching BBCiplayer - Eating with my Ex (in this case not a euphemism) when one person said to his ex "Well two tops don't make a bottom." and the ex replied "Well you said you were too nervous, so I bottomed for you. It did not make me happy," and I realised that it was only because someone on here had kindly explained it (in the last fortnight), that I had a clue what was being spoken of. I am still not sure whether I was happier in my less enlightened state. At least I am not confused I suppose.
And now imagine not being a native English speaker😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Lalande was their summer chateau only. Not their main house.
It was certainly shared between members of their family.
And they enjoyed it with the whole family in summer.
The Nadaillac family still has other (more beautiful and interesting) châteaux and big houses around France.
It's usually the case in these old money/aristocratic families.
For them, Lalande was not worth spending money in it because of its lack of architectural and historical interest.
They knew it was a huge money pit and were certainly more than happy to find a buyer ! 😂
It is also the case like i found out when we bought, that there is a joint inheritance..a lot of familymembers stay owners all together and if one dont want to sell the rest has a problem...so many of these places end up in ruins..nobody wants tp pay for upkeep en restauration...or even a guardian who looks after the place in winter...they just want a place to escape Paris in summer..close the shutters when they leave and dont think about the water or heatingsystem, let alone to clear out the gutters....so all those places always have huge waterproblems...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
A walk down memory lane... @5:54 SJ explains who is responsible for creating this super grift. Now MPK has fallen on his face and SJ continues to build the grift. Laying down marks for the super fans who take a curious peek at what we offer... 👀

Reactions: 3
I am getting together a list of Netflix series he must catch up on, and sending it to him. I hope he never loads another vlog.... again....ever. I just cant wait till the end of the month to see how much his $$$$ drop, how much longer till the groupie grannies patrons see the light.💡
But the worst thing is once he does upload one or two videos the fans will happily forgive him as nothing ever happend 😒

Oh, somebody cleaned the tiles

Oh, somebody cleaned the tiles

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Live Q&A tonight, do we have the questions ready?

TBH, I think that 'live ' Q&A are a waste of time. It usually descends into a fiasco of not being able to keep up with the questions, and being selective about the ones they deign to answer. I'll go and watch paint dry.....

Reactions: 19
TBH, I think that 'live ' Q&A are a waste of time. It usually descends into a fiasco of not being able to keep up with the questions, and being selective about the ones they deign to answer. I'll go and watch paint dry.....
They are already at it...
10:15 am est Why so early?????? In hopes that only super fans will be asking question????

In other news... an update and edit from the Manor & Maker website:

The "Manor" refers to our chateau in the lovely Dordogne, France. We invite you to join us on our adventures as we work to make this house our home. We want you to share in our lives as we adapt to a new life and new ventures in this stunning property.

"Maker" is our desire to create communal work spaces for people to come together and create wonderful things. From artists and makers to lifestyle and wellness practitioners to people who want to come together through their passion, we want our home to become a destination. Our facilities will be adaptable from intimate gatherings to larger groups all in the beautiful surroundings of quintessentially French countryside.

Let's hope that they shove off soon... Both of these new grifters are unrelatable, unwatchable, and unlikable. But hey, good luck on your new venture, you're going to need it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.