The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch to see chateau life and restoration projects. I don’t want to hear about Phillip’s choice of clothing, decorations, family, allergies or animals! His noises are now unbearable and he is getting too much air time. He has ruined CD for me
I agree, the first vlog he totally turned me off, then as he became more of a lead character, I was out. Between her grifting, manic behavior and this obnoxious person, I unsubscribed. :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Paula Dr

1 hour ago
The fact that you are struggling with properly setting up your camera 30 minutes into the Q&A session is a perfect reflection of your idea of "planning". Just like you do with all your chateau projects. It actually answers every question.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Paula Dr
1 hour ago
The fact that you are struggling with properly setting up your camera 30 minutes into the Q&A session is a perfect reflection of your idea of "planning". Just like you do with all your chateau projects. It actually answers every question.
Very well said from Paula Dr...And what answer gave ..the chateau oracle...Jill Scott??

• Haha
SJ has gone on public record saying she suffered from depression for I think 8 years and gave this as the main reason very little work was completed at the hmn. How can mummy then say Stephanie has had no mental health problems?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It seemed to me that the pair of them had eaten lunch, been "engaged" in activity and then fallen asleep and woken up late. Instead of just coming online and saying that there was a technical glitch, and they would be an hour late for those viewing live, we all had to watch (in my case after the event) a chaotic, breathless performance of complete unpreparedness - Phil trying to do her hair after she had showered and given it a quick blast with the hair dryer. I would guess some of her patrons had their afternoon tea all ready, expecting her to be outside on her terrace with hers so they could share this special event. I know they are far too polite to voice their disappointment, but surely their eyes did not deceive them. Unprofessional to say the least. I think she is trying to let her public know what is going on with Philip without having to say it outright.

• Wow
  • Haha
I'm torn between being aghast and laughing.

What's everyone's take on this?
View attachment 545805

Haven't the energy to scroll back from why IJ said it.

Nope, my daughter isn't mental, she's stable.
Pretty appalling from someone who was supposedly head of a mental health unit. Isabelle, having good mental health isn't a personality trait and "mental problems" can effect anyone at any time, for a huge variety of reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
SJ has gone on public record saying she suffered from depression for I think 8 years and gave this as the main reason very little work was completed at the hmn. How can mummy then say Stephanie has had no mental health problems?
Like mother ..like daughter...lies.. lies lies...with much smoke and a lot of mirrors..

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I for one would like to see SJ going three weeks without consuming any alcohol. How revealing her positivity and sparkliness would look like then.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
How can mummy then say Stephanie has had no mental health problems?
Maybe IsaNotbelle's got mental health problems... Dirty Derek seems to have been mental as well. In fact, the whole family's mental and so are all the hangers-on - one big loony bin! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
On another note, a youtuber called Christine McConnell has been mentioned on these threads a few times. I was a patron of hers for a little while and her monthly lives for her patrons are really well organised with a different background set up each time, excellent audio and video quality and she gives proper answers to questions instead of jumping about (haven't seen today's one from the chateau but it's usually painful to watch). Anyway it's a great way of keeping patrons engaged without a high outlay of time. Just requires a tiny bit of planning and forethought.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No same here..knowing that there are bads in the cellar...and attick...mice everywhere..rats too...this place would make a surely no go for me...and dont get me wrong..i am not a cityperson...so used to animals...but i dont want these in my house..no way..
I love wildlife...as long as it is in its natural habitat....outside.....except for the baby toad I almost stepped on in my bedroom last summer.....I would never have forgiven myself if I had mistakenly stepped on him.....no idea how he was able to make it in.....felt terribly I had to gather him up and put him outside again in the rain.....but different feelings for spiders altogether......which makes me to wonder if they have many spiders in France? With the doors and windows open .....? 🕷

Reactions: 8
I didn’t know that....would not want to have them living under me 😶
It's a major issue in any application to convert farm buildings or restore an old property in the UK. Bat surveys are undertaken (quite expensive) and if bats are present undertakings have to be made to satisfy protected status of bat habitat (expensive), even as far as demanding creation of a "bat sanctuary" (I know of someone who spent nudging £30,000 on a bat sanctuary in order to get planning permission for a granny annex in redundant buildings adjoining their farmhouse). Sounds lunacy, really! And if there's a pond nearby, the naturalist brigade may demand a survey ref possible presence of crested newts!!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Bats are very protected you can't move them at all.
They are heavily protected. I once lived in a house with them in the roof space. It's illegal at least in the UK, and probably in Europe, to interfere with them in any way. They can't be moved, you can't even clean out the space they live in. We lived side by side for 15 years. They used to only make a noise leaving in the evening and returning at daybreak. You get used to it.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
@sandro37 post reactions 9
Members who reacted to message #788
All (9) Like (7) Love (2)

So, SJ says on her Live Q and A today says that Teabag Trotter has stayed in Madrid due to lockdown and will return to France when lockdown ends. So why does he try to suggest in his IG that he is in Basminger today?
Is he not sharing/reposting what the instagram user "French country orchard" ( top left ) posted? This person is the one with the Spode breakfast with a view on Basmaignée on their laptop.

Michael is truly stuck in Madrid.

Reactions: 7
I actually don't know anything about fine 18th century French panelling from the Ile de Louis, but I suspect it travels wrapped, at a minimum, in standard furniture moving quilted padding and is stored not leaning against itself but with interleaved protection? I suspect it is also to be stored horizontally to avoid warping. The knowledgeable DIYers I know who religiously upcycle even dumpster dived 1870s beadboard store it horizontally and flat.
The carved trim seems vulnerable to falling off. No better way to achieve this than to store decorated panels stacked on top of one another, vertically.
If I were a big donor I would insist much better storage methods for the panelling be instituted, yesterday.
Also insurance. Given that it came to the chateau unwrapped and unprotected in an unmarked white van, I suspect insurance is not in play here.
Always horizontal storage, Always !! It would be even better if it was stored in the room it is to be fitted in.
Wouldn't even store modern chipboard flat pack cupboards vertical 😂😂

The way the panelling arrived in the van made me think that she has bought it direct from the contractors who are ripping out the interior of the mansion/hotel(?). That's why I thought Ian the builder was the source of the connection to the panelling. He also brought the pews to her ...
Insurance 🤣🤣 Not if it's been bought via the back door

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.