Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maple fairy

VIP Member
Quite often it is usually the pipe from the street into the house that can be lead which is the home owners responsibility, not the council or the water authority. The internal will be copper already but it's usually the bit between the water authority (united utilities) pipes and the copper connections in the house.
Easy fix in a couple of hours with a hydraulic mole.
It depends where you live some municipalities are responsible for the water service leading from the street to house. We had tree roots that invaded the water pipe and had created a blockage. In that instance had the tree been on our property it would have been our problem but luckily the tree was on the boulevard (city owned) so therefore theirs. Solution unfortunately was that they cut the beautiful old tree. Probably should never have been planted there by the city.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

purejuice

VIP Member
Funnily enough, Mrs G bought the kindle edition of D&A book for 99p. In it they both go into detail about struggles they had and one such struggle were the tiles. These were in the entrance hall (see first episodes of Escape to the Chateau) whilst the whole process was not shown in the prog, he describes how they had to angle grind the cement/muck off the back of them.
Other thing of note: Bat guano and Bird droppings and flies were all tackled and made hygienic, prior to fully moving in and problems which arose once moving in were also tackled. Heating, plumbing Skeptic (sorry couldn't resist) tanks. One telling note was that whilst they learned from mistakes made, they also had the forethought to put in things in advance of future jobs, so work wouldn't have to be redone and mess up progress.
Also noted was the fixing of the balustrade and steps at the front of the Chateau as this was crumbling and if having guests, then they did not want to kill or maim anyone.
I wonder if Steph and her co owners have read the book? Lots of handy tips there about project management oh and I expect she could have asked Dick if needs be. 99p bargain on kindle would have saved us and her a massive headache!
Steph also has the advantage of speaking French fluently, this was one of my criticisms of D&A, however, they at least do now speak a modicum of French and have also begun to build up a reliable supply of people to help at the Chateau. Also noted is the fact that they admit to using help when needed and they budget for it. No patrons in the early days to fund this...a business plan and work!
Doesn't Angel have an actual degree in business management? And accounting?

Espe

VIP Member
bc it is his whole name Arthur Eric Rowton Gil
Apologies, Gibson, he just always used Eric and is always referred to as Eric in books and I admit I didn't know his first name was Arthur. He may have had a questionable private life but he, unlike DJ was a very talented artist and sculptor.

KiKiGee

VIP Member
POOL POOL POOL POOL POOL POOL POOL but the big dream is a place in Vince telethon. FFS they even sang!!!!

• Haha
  • Sick

sammy13

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I as an American would say your comment is partially correct. Part of our country are the things you state, the other are the complete opposite. Uneducated, don't have a passport, buy their clothes at Walmart and look like they just got out of bed, don't have any manners and are grossly overweight and aren't overly social unless it's a gun rally.
Very True, but that’s why I quantified it with “many”. Yes, we have many Steve and Sarah types in the states. 😭

• Heart

après-le-déluge

Chatty Member
Omg this morning i had a look..and now .. the previous thread is closed..and we have a new one..i connot keep up....Btw i saw Sadies vlog last night..omg how is it possible to put your mother on a vlog in such an unflattering pose.... :p ..and somehow i feel for Pa..always busy....what must he think about his children...
I no longer watch sadies vlog. More boring than I can stand.

Madame No

VIP Member
I think Steve is the only guy who could make Davey look like Mr. Sexy
Steve would make a good Henry VIII with his ample girth. Perhaps Sewist Sarah (her made up word, not mine) could make his costume. Davey seems like a really nice guy but didn't win the lottery in the looks department. Just as well as SJJ would probably be chasing him around the turret.

• Haha

KiKiGee

VIP Member
That doesn’t look like Michael....

my mistake....you meant Billy.
Sorry for the confusion. I should have referred to him as BS - Billy Spielberg - Billy Petherick.

An Old Graveyard on Cape Cod | New England Walk in Spring | Why I find a Cemetery a place of Joy
Just when you think you've seen it all.... Donna Davis Art, (CD super fan), new vlog title????? Could it be that the local establishments have asked her to stop filming????? Are all the live chats making you feel uneasy?????

Last edited:

MojoDublin

VIP Member
C'est officiel 🇫🇷
Green habit for you.
Many things green à l'Académie française, like ☘
Ladies can decide whether or not to have a sword.
Great thing: the sword is designed by the recipient!!!!

Let's celebrate!!! Champagne pour tout le monde 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾
Awww 🥰 thank you 🙏
I’m THRILLED 😁
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Loving this 🤩🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️

• Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
I think you didn't get the memo about anyways. It's a real word irrigardless of what you think. 😜
Anyways, her mannerisms annoy me, too.
In some countries it’s the only way to say it

But slagging off a local dialect and the manner in which they pronounce them irrespective of how well they are doing in life

Could lead to a whole movement of
#anINAnyways - matterToo

With it without your teeth being present

FRK is neither a resident or permit holder in either country
So FRK should enounciate her words correctly
Affecting a lisp or snorting like BJJ is not the Done thing

Milre

VIP Member
Di
Bud I’m saying it again - they have arsenic in their water 💦
For one to get follicle fallout - genetic

For 4 of them in one Calendar year .... there’s trouble in them pipes

And she’s their employer

For shame - hope her insurance is up to date 🤓
Didn't she say that they exchanged all the pipes 16 years ago?

• Wow

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Quote: "a painting by my Father of one of my parents nursing homes"

Raidsend .. 'a hall of late Art Nouveau style, with 'elongated Dutch gables, tall narrow windows and subtle pargetting'
Now known as Aldringham Court Care Home, Leiston, Suffolk. Grade II listed.

View attachment 538764 View attachment 538766 View attachment 538767
View attachment 538768 View attachment 538770
View attachment 538789
Wow, that's very interesting. I'm totally lost in the timeline. Does anybody have a clue about when they owned which nursing home ?
I tried to find infos about a sale of Aldringham Court, wasn't succesfull ☹

Maple fairy

VIP Member
that doesn't sound good
is it sinking 😂 the road certainly did when she drained the lake

are you in England? it is the home owners responsibility for pipes on their property. Everything up to the property is the water board.
Mrs O is in the UK.
I am in Canada. I am not sure if the rules are the same from one municipality to the next. Yes that is the same in my municipality. It falls under public works for the city which I’m assuming is the same as water board.

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
Anyone been watching the Mapperton Beggars? Their family motto 'After so many Shipwrecks' needs to be changed to 'After so much Begging' :ROFLMAO:
They're very good at the begging - they may have even received expert tuition at the Château de la Fleur Fanée School of Scrounging. Woodworm-infested paneling, a threadbare Aubusson carpet, leaks, and painting restoration (at £4,000 a time) all in one video... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Dirty Derek's Cul & Tit Tiles...

Last edited:
  • Haha

Arfarf

VIP Member
He could sing "Chasing Tail"
And SJ could sing back, " NEVER gonna get it, never GONNA get it, never gonna GET it...never!" It would sound so funny in her operatic voice. Like a sketch on SNL!

• Haha