Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
You are correct about the pipes in the chateau. However, the the water main from the well to the house is the pipe in question....

The farm run off is never a good situation for well water.

View attachment 541085
Looks like Trotter is busy with the promise of a new vlog soon. My question, why with all of your extra special recording equipment do you need to stand on top of someone when filming??????
That doesn’t look like Michael....

my mistake....you meant Billy.

Reactions: 8

Pno

VIP Member
They didn't manage to look excited with the two boxes of Spode cake forks, not surprising, it brings the total to 30 identical forks!!
I’m sure there are 30 more in the hoard of back pile mouse invested Gift Grab!

• Haha

Mrs O

Bizarre as all the old lead pipes were replaced in Paris a good 40 years ago.
Are you sure it was lead ?

For the rest of France, lead pipes have been progressively replaced over the years.
Some remote places might still have lead pipes though...like rural châteaux ! 😉

But Stephanie said that they changed all the pipes at the chateau when they arrived 16 years ago.
Or am I wrong ? 🤔
It was definitely lead - and it was in a very desirable Parisian location. I can only assume the whole building was the same ... it was a fabulous (rented) property, where my friend’s partner had lived for many years. Cannot remember the name of the Avenue, but the views from the floor to ceiling lounge windows over the trees and Paris etc., were amazing, can still picture it now. It was the stash of bottled water that made me curious. I made a joke about paying for water and they told me why! Visit was for friends 40th birthday celebration 🍾 They don’t live there now - one is in Rio and the other back in France via Australia. All pre-Covid of course 😂

I think the vlog you are looking for was posted on youtube by "Manor and Maker", which is Steve and Sara's 'company' name. It has since been removed (but managed to attract 51 subscribers on the back of SJJ no doubt), but here is a link to their fledglingwebsite:

They have big plans:
View attachment 537001
The details surely make the design...that why we critisize...there were no details on her butcherdress...a bad start...and if you didnt had the means to do it..dont even start...

KiKiGee

VIP Member
I think Sara and Steve look like brother and sister. I would love to understand their business plan. Perhaps they inherited money or sold all their assets. I just don't get how you make money from making your interpretation of historical dress. Is this a new market I shoukd get into early like bitcoin?
Why don't they have a metal container built to store all the boxes. Openly discussing their mouse plague cannot be good. About 50 years ago there was a mouse plague in country Victoria (Australia). Horrendous footage of thousands of mice starving and swarming. Commentary included parents saying hungry mice nibbled at the corners of children's mouths in their sleep. Just leave that image with you.
I've been binging The Positano Diaries mentioned by others previously. Totally different vibe.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad

journey

Let's be honest, I can't think of a single male hottie at Lalande! BJJ, Willie Wonka, Tomas, Steve, Chicken Head Nic, Potty, Mason, Davy, Hash, Gerry - Percy probably comes as close as any of them! :LOL:
Well there is always the tempting and seductive Mr. Tree Guy and son ❤ (Actually some of the recent French workmen were interesting. Maybe because there is not much to compare them to....lol)

• Haha

Milre

VIP Member
2017 / 2018 and the painting of the kitchen walls isn't finished. just saying. the cosy heart of the home ;)

View attachment 537395
View attachment 537397

here's a thought .. panelling in the boudoir and de gournay wallpaper in her bedroom.

but seriously, her cousins invoice for the salon is going to be large with
a. the fitting
b. the alterations
c. the additions

talk about keeping it in the family 💰💰💰
Next she will buy an old-timer à la Downton Abbey and let Gerry come offering a taxi service from Paris to LaLande 🏎

• Haha

Rory

VIP Member
Curious, what country do you live in? Many countries have outlawed the use of lead products.

Or any port in a storm🤭
I live in SEA or the Far East to use an old english term. Historical european building techniques like lead or arsenic pipes have no history here. They are genuine questions I ask in terms of how such aged infrastructure is managed and identified in countries with aged infrastructure.

witchgrass

VIP Member
I go to Walmart. In the middle of the night. At 2 am there’s no one there. I OWN the place. You can get everything from glue to potatoes to a Mother’s Day card. It’s fabulous! Go ahead and fight me. 🤣
life is expensive and Walmart frees up recreational money. It's so cute and posh :rolleyes: to be classist about Walmart. I've spent up to 30 minutes in the pet section lifting 20 lb bags of catfood for elderly people and they are so nice. I get a lot of high shelf requests from short people too. Never had a bad visit. Lot of poor people in my city. (Me.)

Awwww Marie's new editor is cute. I love the Little Princess movie.

Last edited:
  • Heart

LonePalm

Chatty Member
Just catching up . Thanks to @MojoDublin for setting up the new thread again and to all the usual contributors for the artwork, glossary, etc. Thanks too for the Title votes.
The Chateau hangers on seem to use a mention here like a badge of honour. I have news for you, it's not! Just ask Ryan, it certainly hasn't worked for him.
I notice that Sarah is happy to dine out on the criticism of her historically adequate (I think you are flattering yourself there, Sarah) dressing up outfit but is not quite so keen to address their need to travel during the pandemic. She also fails to mention that Steve's filming is pretty inadequate too. and has been subject to criticism.
They are not exactly a charismatic couple - I suspect they will struggle to gain much of an audience other than the old biddies who patronise SJ and Mikey Pathetique.
Might help if you tried to look a little more cheerful too - between you and FRK, you'll turn the milk sour with your sulky chops.
I said it before, these two look like bad fish smells. Yes Sarah that is you I'm talking about.

• Haha
  • Heart

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
Am I right in thinking that Walmart allow homeless people to park their cars in the car park overnight? I’m sure I read that somewhere. (I’m in UK).

• Heart
  • Sad
Just finished today's CD. Steve was quite the roly-poly sitting on the floor with Steph. Sarah looked quite grumpy during the chocolate haul, which was ridiculous considering all the chocolate they are gifted for free. Note to Sarah: at least make an attempt to look pleasant and please ditch the white anklets, very unflattering. Just those two things will take years off your appearance. Philippa was quite greedy and childish demanding the Skittles be given to him. I noticed that both Steve and Sara held back a bit when the chocolate was being passed out. I'm sure they are hoping to score some more later. After all, they have to keep their weight up. Steph's idea of dumping the chocolate at the nearest city hall is thoughtless - why would they want to deal with it? The tile project looks like a mess that may never get completed. Dan appeared bored by the whole plumbing problem with the water pressure. Philippa's piano playing sucked as he pounded out the chords. I did like the view from Steph's office. It will be spectacular once the lake is back. Andi was graceful as always. Nati is a whiny nag with her rules about eating. She can be so smug sometimes. I guess the farm animals are taking a break from appearing on the vlogs. Haven't seen the sheep in ages. They must be pretty wooly by now!

I thought I saw the sheep in one of the fields when Stephanie, Dan and Matt were discussing the water issue.

lolander

VIP Member
Only if he wants his share of Lalande, the house in SA, the flats in London, the cash on a Swiss banc account and the earnings from selling daddy's art
Nope, in UK you can disinherit your children or leave everything to one child. Derek probably had a will where he left everything to Stephanie and Isabelle.

Joy no toile

A born-again virgin (also known as a secondary), is a person who, after having engaged in sexual intercourse, makes some type of commitment not to be sexually active again until marriage (or some other defined point in the future, or indefinitely), whether for religious, moral, practical, or other reasons, and is subsequently considered by some[by whom?] a virgin.
Actually no one considers them a virgin. Abstinence is just that abstaining until a suitable wealthy man shows up.

• Heart
  • Haha
I didn’t know that....would not want to have them living under me 😶
No same here..knowing that there are bads in the cellar...and attick...mice everywhere..rats too...this place would make a surely no go for me...and dont get me wrong..i am not a cityperson...so used to animals...but i dont want these in my house..no way..

Axel

Does this means that Patreons won't know about all the projects starting and being finished at Lalande ? With their own money ?

Are they OK with this ? I would be fuming. But I guess she had a huge smile when she told them this.....
Don’t forget; the chandeleirs and furniture (special price from the antique dealer).. They must,
new Marie video about to air:
She should watch (at least) the floral stylist Willow Crossley to get an ”idea” how to make a vlog -but hey the fiber might change EVERYTHING to the better -however, we even do not know if flower is her thing anymore. It might be ”Me, Me & Me -A Surviving Traumatized Victim In A Society Called EU”...?

• Haha

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
As far as I understood the chateau is not level, the floors are not level, the plot is not level.
that doesn't sound good
is it sinking 😂 the road certainly did when she drained the lake

It depends where you live some municipalities are responsible for the water service leading from the street to house. We had tree roots that invaded the water pipe and had created a blockage. In that instance had the tree been on our property it would have been our problem but luckily the tree was on the boulevard (city owned) so therefore theirs. Solution unfortunately was that they cut the beautiful old tree. Probably should never have been planted there by the city.
are you in England? it is the home owners responsibility for pipes on their property. Everything up to the property is the water board.
Mrs O is in the UK.

Last edited:
  • Haha