Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lolander

VIP Member
Dan&Annelise's patreon isn't growing, but they make a decent ~$2000/month.
The Rosieres have a brand new patreon account, first month ~$250
Phil&Angelina's patreon isn't growing either, ~$500/month.
1618927141181.png

1618927415172.png

1618927485506.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I live in Vermont so I am truly sorry if you took my comment as “classist”. It was not the way it was intended. Here we have virtually no stores so I do most of my shopping online. I do not know where I would be without UPS, FedEx and USPS. Very grateful for them. I even order food items online as we only have two small grocery stores and you cannot get everything there. 💐

NOT TO DERAIL:

It must be lovely to live in such an unhurried and quaint area! Lived in Manhattan all my life (where there isn't a single Walmart) and I always look forward to weekends in the country, where the nearest Walmart is still a good 35 miles away! :LOL: :cool: The nearest market is Citarella for the posh and uppity. SJ would fit right in! ;)

• Haha

Espe

VIP Member
I totally agree with you and I apologise for my previous comment. I have huge respect for anyone who makes the effort to learn another language. All the Lalanders are very fluent, which is to be admired. I'm trying to learn Italian myself. Clearly need to engage my brain more often.
I have been just as guilty of over-correcting, as a former teacher, it's a natural instinct but I know I shouldn't and am trying to stop myself!! In most speech, fluency is certainly more important than accuracy and we native speakers often make mistakes ourselves.

Milre

VIP Member
Neither Ryan nor Billy have a job. Actually, come to think of it, none of the shato scroungers have a job... Carte de Séjour or Carte de Sojourn?
I just decided to spend all my money and not to give or leave it for the kids. It seems it won't do them any good, at least I am not sure if it boosts the working morale. 🙄

• Haha

Pno

VIP Member
I did watch it ... was full of BS - they spent their time justifying why they were here .... and it didn’t wash 🧼 during a pandemic 😷
Sarah affirmed he had french lineage he corrected said British ....

Then the fiasco of jumping boarders - if your requirements are to gain access threw uK 🇬🇧 then you need to wait in that territory.... not the one your trying to get to....

So my guess is advice was given Get the info down - lay real low ... and pray

Am concerned for the other intrepid Canadian s who teach in the USA 🇺🇸 who are now mid flight ✈ hoping to land in France 🇫🇷 (Paris) and attempt to plead their case

If not they intend to fly to Poland - and drive back to France 🇫🇷

Have they no clue that breaking boarders when your not allowed 🚫 in at the first one ☝ ... will get u thrown out .

The mind boggles

And who are these fools??? And won’t their little dog need to be quarantined? Am use to Americans being this foolish but I guess the Canadians have got the pandemic cornered.

• Haha

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Neither Ryan nor Billy have a job. Actually, come to think of it, none of the shato scroungers have a job... Carte de Séjour or Carte de Sojourn?
Billy is married or in civil partnership with Gwendoline. And his kid is French. No problem for him.
Ryan has spent his childhood in France and must have studied there too. Even if we don't really know all his details. Quite sure he'll have no problem to get a residency card for himself.

Reactions: 8

Milre

VIP Member
I like your definition better than the one I have just learnt on Google. I have obviously led a sheltered life within my 34 year marriage. Only tonight I was watching BBCiplayer - Eating with my Ex (in this case not a euphemism) when one person said to his ex "Well two tops don't make a bottom." and the ex replied "Well you said you were too nervous, so I bottomed for you. It did not make me happy," and I realised that it was only because someone on here had kindly explained it (in the last fortnight), that I had a clue what was being spoken of. I am still not sure whether I was happier in my less enlightened state. At least I am not confused I suppose.
And now imagine not being a native English speaker😂😂

• Haha

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
I’ve seen mention of Nic, Marie and I think Antoine turning up at the shatoo. Have I imagined this, and if not could someone point me to the evidence please?

Espe

VIP Member
Only because she has lied about it. Why hide it?
I'm not sure she has lied about it, though. She has always referred to him as "my brother", not "my adopted brother" and DJ could still have rescued him from playing with matches on a street, already knowing he was his son and being concerned about how he was living/behaving so managed to persuade IJ to agree (that must have been difficult although he was cheap labour!).

darkone

Thank you @Gibson you've convinced me to buy the book.

Interesting to hear about the tile, so soaking them overnight isn't going to help? :D What's the prediction then? Selmar to angle grind the cement? Matt's employee?

Even with all their experience (Dick an engineer, Angel an accountant), I'm sure they encounter many problems at the chateau, but I liked that they cleaned the place first, eww the horror that is the Lalande's attic! But seriously, how difficult is it to have a plan and stick with it! But no, Lalande is a the party place for Peter Pans.
Yes on the horrific state of the attic. I have never understood how that was left in its present condition as in the video that she did about it saying that she liked that it was still in its original state? And then I think about the bats in the cellar under one of the ground level rooms. I think I would have them moved as I would not want to live in the same place…who knows if that could be affecting their health. 😶

sandro37

VIP Member
Quote: "a painting by my Father of one of my parents nursing homes"

Raidsend .. 'a hall of late Art Nouveau style, with 'elongated Dutch gables, tall narrow windows and subtle pargetting'
Now known as Aldringham Court Care Home, Leiston, Suffolk. Grade II listed.

View attachment 538764 View attachment 538766 View attachment 538767
View attachment 538768 View attachment 538770
View attachment 538789

so how many nursing homes did they own, exactly?

darkone

No same here..knowing that there are bads in the cellar...and attick...mice everywhere..rats too...this place would make a surely no go for me...and dont get me wrong..i am not a cityperson...so used to animals...but i dont want these in my house..no way..
I love wildlife...as long as it is in its natural habitat....outside.....except for the baby toad I almost stepped on in my bedroom last summer.....I would never have forgiven myself if I had mistakenly stepped on him.....no idea how he was able to make it in.....felt terribly I had to gather him up and put him outside again in the rain.....but different feelings for spiders altogether......which makes me to wonder if they have many spiders in France? With the doors and windows open .....? 🕷

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Totally agree. I also get really irritated by the way she is always saying 'anyways'. It's 'anyway' FFS! 😡
I think you didn't get the memo about anyways. It's a real word irrigardless of what you think. 😜
Anyways, her mannerisms annoy me, too.