The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She started other projects which we don't know about and will never see?
Does this means that Patreons won't know about all the projects starting and being finished at Lalande ? With their own money ?

Are they OK with this ? I would be fuming. But I guess she had a huge smile when she told them this.....

Reactions: 18
There are probably still a few old properties in the UK that have lead pipes inside the property. But these are being replaced as the properties are sold to new owners, or updated. Where I live all replaced by water authority or local council over the last thirty years or so.
Quite often it is usually the pipe from the street into the house that can be lead which is the home owners responsibility, not the council or the water authority. The internal will be copper already but it's usually the bit between the water authority (united utilities) pipes and the copper connections in the house.
Easy fix in a couple of hours with a hydraulic mole.

Plumbum is the latin word for lead 😂

Reactions: 11
Quite often it is usually the pipe from the street into the house that can be lead which is the home owners responsibility, not the council or the water authority. The internal will be copper already but it's usually the bit between the water authority (united utilities) pipes and the copper connections in the house.
Easy fix in a couple of hours with a hydraulic mole.
It depends where you live some municipalities are responsible for the water service leading from the street to house. We had tree roots that invaded the water pipe and had created a blockage. In that instance had the tree been on our property it would have been our problem but luckily the tree was on the boulevard (city owned) so therefore theirs. Solution unfortunately was that they cut the beautiful old tree. Probably should never have been planted there by the city.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
As far as I understood the chateau is not level, the floors are not level, the plot is not level.
that doesn't sound good
is it sinking 😂 the road certainly did when she drained the lake

It depends where you live some municipalities are responsible for the water service leading from the street to house. We had tree roots that invaded the water pipe and had created a blockage. In that instance had the tree been on our property it would have been our problem but luckily the tree was on the boulevard (city owned) so therefore theirs. Solution unfortunately was that they cut the beautiful old tree. Probably should never have been planted there by the city.
are you in England? it is the home owners responsibility for pipes on their property. Everything up to the property is the water board.
Mrs O is in the UK.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@Clara Burnett I have questions regarding Ian the builder if you don't mind, as you seem to have some insight into the goings on. How long has he worked at lalande, does he go back as far as when your friends were there for instance? And what do you think he really thinks of SJ? Sometimes he seems to be smitten, other times not so much. Just wondering if he's playing the long game?
When we were talking of Ian's wife's new shop in La Chatre, we found out that he started his business in La Chatre in 2012.

Clara's friends left the chateau in 2017. He might have met them at Lalande.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if the ‘romance’ Princess Porky Mitts is selling doesn’t have more to do with being unaccountable than anything else, living a life that other people pay for, yes, but also not having to be responsible or accountable to anyone. Is that the dream? Do or say what you want, use and take advantage of people, deny any uncomfortable truths. What’s worse are the Stephfenders, who have their own financial or emotional investment to protect. They love to row up that river of da Nile with their princess!

Speaking of romance, I always thought it was so sweet how the two people in the painting are holding hands. So special!
Is that the used condom painting???
That sheep looks mighty happy...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@Clara Burnett I have questions regarding Ian the builder if you don't mind, as you seem to have some insight into the goings on. How long has he worked at lalande, does he go back as far as when your friends were there for instance? And what do you think he really thinks of SJ? Sometimes he seems to be smitten, other times not so much. Just wondering if he's playing the long game?
I thought I mentioned it in a previous thread, but it was actually my friends who introduced Ian at the shittoo. They became friends with his wife Tina first, who they met at French class. I hope they are still friends, not sure as I’ve not spoken to my friends for a long long time. Ian seems to just handle SJ as she likes to be handled, but I’m sure to him she means just work. If he plays his cards rights he could have work there for years ...

Reactions: 20
that doesn't sound good
is it sinking 😂 the road certainly did when she drained the lake

are you in England? it is the home owners responsibility for pipes on their property. Everything up to the property is the water board.
Mrs O is in the UK.
I am in Canada. I am not sure if the rules are the same from one municipality to the next. Yes that is the same in my municipality. It falls under public works for the city which I’m assuming is the same as water board.

Reactions: 6
Does this mean that she's registered as a self employed florist in UK, planned to work in France and organized flowers deliveries from Netherland to France?

All this looks like madness....
Indeed madness that you can't buy any flowers in France 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The Netherlands grow 52% of world's cut flowers. Basically all the cut flowers sold in France come from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
There really aren't flower wholesalers in France in the same capacity as there are in the Netherlands. Even the French wholesalers get most of their flowers from the Netherlands. The Dutch dominate the European (and global) floristy market and you would be hard pressed to find a florist in Europe who doesn't order flowers from the Netherlands. Yes, I'm defending FRK's actions in this instance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.