The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been watching Barbie and Monster Munch
I can't think about them without feeling annoyed.

You are correct about the pipes in the chateau. However, the the water main from the well to the house is the pipe in question....

The farm run off is never a good situation for well water.

View attachment 541085
Looks like Trotter is busy with the promise of a new vlog soon. My question, why with all of your extra special recording equipment do you need to stand on top of someone when filming??????
I looks like a really awkward queue in the gents.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Erin may not be able to be licensed as an anesthesiologist right away in France but she is fluent in French and could definitely get work during the pandemic in some medical capacity.

Not sure everyone remembers their stint on ETTCDIY but they have very serious moat issues as well. So $100k is not going to go very far. And say what you will about all of the kooks and grifters at Lalande they at least give us something to make fun of or complain about versus going straight for 6 figures out the gate.
She said at one point that she had volunteered to work locally during the pandemic but had been told it wasn't necessary. The husband is an engineer. Unlike the shatolaine, they are both highly employable.
Talking about restoring the chimneys for 20 grand, and being "embarassed" about it, to asking for 100 grand when the begging page actually goes up is pretty ballsy and not so humble. In any case, small businesses close everyday, and not all of them have have such secure fall back positions like doctor or engineer, or filmmaker, or textile designer, or floral roadkill designer. It beggars belief that they see online begging and making videos of their children scampering about the lawn as a way of making a living but apparently one can do very well. Am I jealous? A little, but then I remember that I have a little pride and would maybe beg if I were living in a cardboard box. I once heard one of those business gurus say if you are going to lose money, make sure it is someone else's. They must all have this as an embroidered sampler up in their kitchens next to the thrifted copper pots.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
OK, she has 1 wedding this summer, but is her business officially registred? Is she allowed to issue invoices? Does she intend to????
Or is she working "au noir"? ie nothing is declared to the taxman; no taxes, no VAT, every penny in her pocket..... French taxmen don't like that.👨‍⚖️💶:devilish:
An official business also means insurance. Imagine she hurts herself or someone else or she breaks something expensive. What is gonna happen? Who will pay?
We know from the videos that she breaks a lot + she is careless (putting nice glasses and plates in the dishwasher for ex). In a GAG, SJ was offered a board engraved with la Lande and she said "we must tell Marie not to use it as a chopping board".
How will she get to the Loire valley with her jam jars????🚴‍♀️🏍🛴:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
OK, she has 1 wedding this summer, but is her business officially registred? Is she allowed to issue invoices? Does she intend to????
Or is she working "au noir"? ie nothing is declared to the taxman; no taxes, no VAT, every penny in her pocket..... French taxmen don't like that.👨‍⚖️💶:devilish:
An official business also means insurance. Imagine she hurts herself or someone else or she breaks something expensive. What is gonna happen? Who will pay?
We know from the videos that she breaks a lot + she is careless (putting nice glasses and plates in the dishwasher for ex). In a GAG, SJ was offered a board engraved with la Lande and she said "we must tell Marie not to use it as a chopping board".
How will she get to the Loire valley with her jam jars????🚴‍♀️🏍🛴:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Marie's blog gives a tiny insight into how far she had got with officialdom and her dream business plan (such as it is). This only relates to the UK. Complete madness if she undertook the registration/s without proper advice. I know quite a bit about sole traders, voluntary VAT registration, etc but am not going to write an essay!!

Goodness knows what her status is via-a-vis invoicing her wedding client.

Transporting an eclectic collection of small glass vessels (or, more accurately, hundreds of jam jars) - plus wilting foliage, foraged hedgerow treasures and drooping flowers, probably in a heatwave - to the wedding venue has "end in tears" written all over it.

Extracts from FRK's blog...I've included her reference to looking forward to cooking at Lalande simply because what she said last June appears to have dissolved into serial disgruntlement in the kitchen.

Finally able to order wholesale flowers!
JUNE 30, 2020 BY MARIE WIIK 15 COMMENTS

Anyhow. Guess who just logged into a webshop of floral sensation!! I have opened up an account with Van der Plas and I will click in a delivery as soon as am back at Lalande. I am counting the days!!

~~~~~~~~
A new start in France + becoming self-employed!
JUNE 25, 2020 BY MARIE WIIK

I´m well but I am melting away in this heat. SO warm! Anyways, I´ve got busy days as usual. There is a lot to sort out before I leave for France and Lalande. I have just taken the first step towards becoming self-employed, which is to register as a sole-trader. I´ve also (hopefully) landed on a flower supplier. Yay! Unfortunately, Hoek wasn’t able to deliver because of the location so I had to find another supplier. So, I contacted one of the previous flower suppliers I´ve worked with in Norway, which is Van der Plas. They seem optimistic and have told me that they will definetly deliver. So, I am in the process of opening an account with them now. I am so excited, you have no idea.

Otherwise, I am still packing. Ryan and Stacey (my family in Norwich), has kindly said yes to store some boxes for me. Luckily there aren’t that many and I am planning on returning to the Norfolk countryside by next year. So many things are falling into place and it´s happening so quickly. I feel so incredibly grateful and blessed. So excited to go back to Lalande. Its a pretty solid dream team at Lalande at this moment and I can’t wait to be a part of it. Setting up the floristry studio while me and Ruby (the ginger cat that I love) catch up on lost time. Receiving my first delivery of flowers from the Netherlands. I am also really looking forward to being back in the kitchen again. Cooking for others, experimenting with flavours and colours. Receiving guests. Ahh, what a dreamy life! And of course, I cant wait to see Stephanie and all the other lovely Lalanders.

~~~~~~~
I´ve started packing
JUNE 21, 2020 BY MARIE WIIK
I am now in the process of registering as a sole trader, which is basically me stepping into the life of self-employment. I can’t begin to tell you how that makes me feel. I am stepping into my dream. Feels unreal. I just have to fill in the paperwork, which is easier said than done. I also need to get a VAT-number so that I can buy flowers from a wholesaler when I go to France. I am so grateful for Google! Haha

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
although @Clara Burnett lately I’ve been noticing Nutty being extra inclusive to RK ie; going running together 🧐. Maybe nutty’s reading our comments too perhaps ?
I don’t really know if Nutty likes FRK. If so, the love’s not mutual from what I hear.

Reactions: 12
Marie's blog gives a tiny insight into how far she had got with officialdom and her dream business plan (such as it is). This only relates to the UK. Complete madness if she undertook the registration/s without proper advice. I know quite a bit about sole traders, voluntary VAT registration, etc but am not going to write an essay!!

Transporting an eclectic collection of small glass vessels (or, more accurately, hundreds of jam jars) - plus wilting foliage, foraged hedgerow treasures and drooping flowers, probably in a heatwave - to the wedding venue has "end in tears" written all over it.

Extracts from FRK's blog...I've included her reference to looking forward to cooking at Lalande simply because what she said last June appears to have dissolved into serial disgruntlement in the kitchen.

Anyhow. Guess who just logged into a webshop of floral sensation!! I have opened up an account with Van der Plas and I will click in a delivery as soon as am back at Lalande. I am counting the days!!

~~~~~~~~

I´m well but I am melting away in this heat. SO warm! Anyways, I´ve got busy days as usual. There is a lot to sort out before I leave for France and Lalande. I have just taken the first step towards becoming self-employed, which is to register as a sole-trader. I´ve also (hopefully) landed on a flower supplier. Yay! Unfortunately, Hoek wasn’t able to deliver because of the location so I had to find another supplier. So, I contacted one of the previous flower suppliers I´ve worked with in Norway, which is Van der Plas. They seem optimistic and have told me that they will definetly deliver. So, I am in the process of opening an account with them now. I am so excited, you have no idea.

Otherwise, I am still packing. Ryan and Stacey (my family in Norwich), has kindly said yes to store some boxes for me. Luckily there aren’t that many and I am planning on returning to the Norfolk countryside by next year. So many things are falling into place and it´s happening so quickly. I feel so incredibly grateful and blessed. So excited to go back to Lalande. Its a pretty solid dream team at Lalande at this moment and I can’t wait to be a part of it. Setting up the floristry studio while me and Ruby (the ginger cat that I love) catch up on lost time. Receiving my first delivery of flowers from the Netherlands. I am also really looking forward to being back in the kitchen again. Cooking for others, experimenting with flavours and colours. Receiving guests. Ahh, what a dreamy life! And of course, I cant wait to see Stephanie and all the other lovely Lalanders.

~~~~~~~
I´ve started packing
I am now in the process of registering as a sole trader, which is basically me stepping into the life of self-employment. I can’t begin to tell you how that makes me feel. I am stepping into my dream. Feels unreal. I just have to fill in the paperwork, which is easier said than done. I also need to get a VAT-number so that I can buy flowers from a wholesaler when I go to France. I am so grateful for Google! Haha
This all sounds like FRK is set up as a sole trader in the UK while working in France and dodging French taxes. Sounds a little gray area with the flower fantasy business, but I'm petty sure she's liable to pay taxes in France from her kitchen maid income at lalalande this summer. But hey, none of these grifters seem to care that tax evasion can lead to a prison sentence. Like, is Teabagging Metherick incorporated in France at all?

P.S. If you don't know what teabagging is, don't google it.

• Haha
  • Heart
She said at one point that she had volunteered to work locally during the pandemic but had been told it wasn't necessary. The husband is an engineer. Unlike the shatolaine, they are both highly employable.
Talking about restoring the chimneys for 20 grand, and being "embarassed" about it, to asking for 100 grand when the begging page actually goes up is pretty ballsy and not so humble. In any case, small businesses close everyday, and not all of them have have such secure fall back positions like doctor or engineer, or filmmaker, or textile designer, or floral roadkill designer. It beggars belief that they see online begging and making videos of their children scampering about the lawn as a way of making a living but apparently one can do very well. Am I jealous? A little, but then I remember that I have a little pride and would maybe beg if I were living in a cardboard box. I once heard one of those business gurus say if you are going to lose money, make sure it is someone else's. They must all have this as an embroidered sampler up in their kitchens next to the thrifted copper pots.
Dirty scroungers and lazy FCs!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
I´ve started packing
Ugh. In a client consult it was asked if any of us knew of any good florists in France specializing in boho. By a wedding planner. It was zoom so unfortunately my face spoke while my mouth was shut. So I had to say I don't consider her good. Or workable. You'd think she'd realize her attitude and floral creations on yt represent her good or bad. Unfortunately it's mostly bad. She's not selling arraignments according to her anyway.

The client was talking about not being able to attend any expos due to Covid and wanting to be able to add vendors to her online wedding planning site.

Marie seems determined to shoot herself in the foot.

@Clara Burnett I have questions regarding Ian the builder if you don't mind, as you seem to have some insight into the goings on. How long has he worked at lalande, does he go back as far as when your friends were there for instance? And what do you think he really thinks of SJ? Sometimes he seems to be smitten, other times not so much. Just wondering if he's playing the long game?

This all sounds like FRK is set up as a sole trader in the UK while working in France and dodging French taxes. Sounds a little gray area with the flower fantasy business, but I'm petty sure she's liable to pay taxes in France from her kitchen maid income at lalalande this summer. But hey, none of these grifters seem to care that tax evasion can lead to a prison sentence. Like, is Teabagging Metherick incorporated in France at all?

P.S. If you don't know what teabagging is, don't google it.
It was dumb putting the UK sole trader registration in place before she had firm plans to actually start trading.

I don't suppose it has occurred to her that there are all sorts of implications arising from her extended stay at Lalande...not least of which is becoming a "saiaried employee" even if only part-time (which means SJ has obligations, too, as her employer). Potentially, a big mess. Not my problem, thank goodness!

• Heart
she’s gone 16 years without fixing the dump up and now we have bulldozers every turn unearthing rotten irrigation pipes, laying cement floors, knocking down walls, what the hell?
oh well...keep the dollars coming so we can see more demolition 😂😅👍🏻👍🏻

She is probably not renovating the chateau in order to enjoy the end result but rather to attract, in a near future, buyers and to add value to the building (giving an impression of “well kept perfectly”, enough to gain the confidence of a potential buyer). Renovating is one of the best ways to strategically improve the building value which means more money in her pocket when she eventually sells. Thank you, patreons.
Chateau owners of large properties have high monthly bills, staff salary, continuous restoration, maintenance work ... Huge financial burden. The smallest renovation work usually costs a lot of money. Many of the chateaus have been left to fall apart due to the owners having a lack of funds for repairs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t really know if Nutty likes FRK. If so, the love’s not mutual from what I hear.
I am pretty sure N did not like M and she reported to SJ about M opening and sampling food gifts in advance of the "official" openings. She often commented on Marie and gave snide looks to SJ behind her back. I don't think N could be trusted as a confidante by any of the entourage. Maybe now both N and M feel left out as BJJ is the special friend so perhaps they are bonding together.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
So from what I’ve read, the volunteers who remain currently at the Chateau are now registered as self employed, (not sure about Nutty) but Marie and Salmar have said this. It’s almost as if there’s a “franchise system “ in place at LaLaLand”.
love , life and laughter with no employer responsibilities.
Just my opinion.

• Haha
they seem to have bought a woodworm-infested factory-made wardrobe with carving that's been cut down
Ugh. Saw that, never in a million years would I buy that, unless I could get a woodworker to "restore" it, and even then it would be doubtful if I wanted to purchase it.... AND THEY WAITED 6 YEARS TO BUY THE PERFECTLY BROKEN ONE!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Ugh. Saw that, never in a million years would I buy that, unless I could get a woodworker to "restore" it, and even then it would be doubtful if I wanted to purchase it.... AND THEY WAITED 6 YEARS TO BUY THE PERFECTLY BROKEN ONE!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Where was this posted? 👀

Reactions: 2
It was dumb putting the UK sole trader registration in place before she had firm plans to actually start trading.

I don't suppose it has occurred to her that there are all sorts of implications arising from her extended stay at Lalande...not least of which is becoming a "saiaried employee" even if only part-time (which means SJ has obligations, too, as her employer). Potentially, a big mess. Not my problem, thank goodness!
Yes, you're right. But Steph has a good accountant and Marie has said she pays rent etc. (to show she isn't one of her employees.)

If Selmar doesn't get other customers, he will certainly look like an employee and Steph is in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I am pretty sure N did not like M and she reported to SJ about M opening and sampling food gifts in advance of the "official" openings. She often commented on Marie and gave snide looks to SJ behind her back. I don't think N could be trusted as a confidante by any of the entourage. Maybe now both N and M feel left out as BJJ is the special friend so perhaps they are bonding together.
Not defending Natty but I thought it was rude and forward of Marie to open the packages and take out what she wanted. Unless the package had been addressed to her. She laughed about it, (her behaviour), explaining that she has always done this. I wouldn’t trust her either.

Not defending Natty but I thought it was rude and forward of Marie to open the packages and take out what she wanted. Unless the package had been addressed her. She laughed about it her behaviour explaining that she has always done this. I wouldn’t trust her either.
I think you are probably correct in your analysis that they may have bonded over dislike of BJJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
2 patreon videos yesterday. One a long zoom call with Dave discussing the survey, which I didn't finished watching because it was boring. As far as I understood the chateau is not level, the floors are not level, the plot is not level. She won't rebuild the other moat because it doesn't fit with the 19century building, maybe only some visual moat with different kind of gravel or stones.
The other vidoe a longer version of the discussion with Steve which most I skipped.
But she promised to finish all the projects she started vlogging🤔 whatever that means...
She started other projects which we don't know about and will never see?
She finished projects which we don't know she started?
She won't start new projects?
She won't finish projects we don't know about?

And the film crew for British TV was there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
I´ve started packing
Does this mean that she's registered as a self employed florist in UK, planned to work in France and organized flowers deliveries from Netherland to France?

All this looks like madness....

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.