The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sense (as an inveterate reader of menus around the world) was that egg and cress sandwiches are for lunch? Not tea. Unless "tea" is dinner.
Divided, as always, by the language which unites us.

Reactions: 20
My sense (as an inveterate reader of menus around the world) egg and cress sandwiches are for lunch? Not tea. Unless "tea" is dinner.
No they can be eaten at anytime. Lunch, afternoon tea, evenings, picnics and very popular on buffet tables at parties.

Reactions: 23
I think we can all safely guess that grandma had her own place. But if she had 6 children, presumably the property was not sold and they still can all use it OR it was and Isabel pocketed her share of the inheritance. I am sure we will learn in due course that Daddy's flat is either owned by Isabel to avoid inheritance tax for Fanny or it is in some kind of trust. You never hear her say tax bill....because my guess is that the accountant has been dismissed.

Reactions: 22
Can’t help you with the vlogs but I think mummy dear met Percy well before grandma died. From memory I think she met him as early as maybe 2012/2013/2014/2015 not sure but well before 2018.
I get dizzy trying to follow the breadcrumbs that lead to dead ends.

Reactions: 24
GOTCHA, I was so confused! That is what ai get for waking up at 4am.
---
Delicious, a truly sublime combo.
But plain watercress afternoon tea sandwiches I think are the ones @MagpieSassyPants was looking for?
I am actually doing a high tea/gentleman’s tea as we will be having it for dinner, the menu would not stand up to scrutiny for a traditional afternoon tea, too hearty.

As I have all of the ingredients I think I will do egg and cress AND the compound butter version, why not?

Reactions: 18
My sense (as an inveterate reader of menus around the world) was that egg and cress sandwiches are for lunch? Not tea. Unless "tea" is dinner.
Divided, as always, by the language which unites us.
They are perfect for tea served at 4pm before dinner or supper.

Same. I've contemplated getting one myself, but it just wouldn't work with my eclectic decor.

Reactions: 16
They are perfect for tea served at 4pm before dinner or supper.
Egg and watercress are served traditionally served for afternoon tea at Harrods and the Ritz.

What are you planning for your HighTea/Gentleman's tea? They are becoming quite popular here now. We took hubby out for Gentleman's tea as a post birthday treat.

For all you vegetarians, this recipe was excellent, and fairly easy! It's good for non-vegetarians, too. I made it over the weekend and with a salad, it was just wonderful. Link to recipe after the short Instagram video

Reactions: 20
Remember back when all of the grass at LiarLand was nicely mowed at all times even in the walled garden? Thanks for showing us photographic proof it isn’t anymore, Marie!

Reactions: 27
I’m sure you’re not in the market for a career change, but if you were I would seriously suggest a fulfilled living life coach. I would happily engage you to overhaul my life spaces. Your post is a recipe for simply, satisfying living.

Reactions: 24
QUOTE="Jeeves, post: 19328702, member: 143804"]
Egg and watercress are served traditionally served for afternoon tea at Harrods and the Ritz.

What are you planning for your HighTea/Gentleman's tea? They are becoming quite popular here now. We took hubby out for Gentleman's tea as a post birthday treat.
[/QUOTE]
Oh yes! Delicious plus smoked salmon, cumber and ham finger sandwiches... I very occasionally take my sons, to Harrods or Harvey Nics. It's a very special treat although ridiculous prices. I'm glad I'm not a wealthy hag, if I did this all the time I wouldn't experience such joy and appreciation.

Reactions: 19
I love how appetizingly she describes her work of picking garnishes from the gaahhhden.....yum!
Her descriptions just make me want to eat there! Her skin gets itchy and she's patting herself on the back for not poisoning her guests! Win-Win!!!

(Sadly, she has zero passion for what she's doing. None!)

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.