The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will Pottsy squeeze in a short stay in the land of lies? Or take a trip to London? Or does he follow in the lovebirds' footsteps and enjoy the view of the harbor in the south of France?

Will the whole clan then descend on Monaco to recover from the hardships of London?
He must be feeling the shag deficit by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
IMG_2238.jpeg
So they’ve almost sold the chateau?

Last summer they sold it in a week and took it off the internet, but lied when asked. Then it appeared back on the internet. Deal fell through. Just as selective with the truth as Brocunt.

What the odds the new owner paints over all of the gold????? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Thrush and Despicable fanny have definitely left the building...
MarIE is back posting on Instagram.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Thrush and Despicable fanny have definitely left the building...
MarIE is back posting on Instagram.
Marie, blink three times if you are being embargoed by Fanny - also, your "cheesecake" looks as sad and deflated as you do.
Stories #919.jpg
Stories #920.jpg
Stories #921.jpg
Stories #922.jpg
Stories #923.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I do enjoy Monday mornings. Coffee in bed and new chateau vlogs. Besides, it's cold and rainy here so no walking the dog this morning.
Chateau de Purnon is moving ahead in leaps and bounds, unlike Lalalande which is stagnating just like it's owner.

Have a wonderful day you old hags! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 2946317So they’ve almost sold the chateau?

Last summer they sold it in a week and took it off the internet, but lied when asked. Then it appeared back on the internet. Deal fell through. Just as selective with the truth as Brocunt.

Call me strange but I have the hots for this guy.
He is kinda like my ex, skinny and athletic. Sheesh, I seem to have a type.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
It was only a matter of time! I dare say she’ll develop a very successful business.

The dressing room wallpaper Anna has designed is lovely and she’s undoubtedly very talented. Once again, though, I really don’t like the colour choice for the whole room. I dare say there is an element of distortion in how iIt appears on camera vs what the naked eye sees, but in a north facing room it strike me as cold and harsh. Especially in the winter. The same sort of light in the bathroom and bedroom, too.

Basically, I am not a fan of the colour palette that Anna has used throughout the house. There’s absolutely no softness. Not my thing at all, although I do recognise her skill.
I think she'll do well, as she has created (and will continue to create) beautiful designs. I will give the Fleuries credit- while Candlegate was an abysmal fail, at least they tried, like with the B&B (which was probably a lot more work than they anticipated, as their standards for guest cleanliness and comfort are much higher than at Chez Fanny- and it must have been taxing to do whilst raising two young children.) While they have a Patreon, they're looking at ways to generate revenue (like YT AdSense and sponsors) without begging to the public to fund their lifestyles, unlike our little orphan princess.

Don't beat me up @NotAChatelaine- I actually do like the colour palette that she has used in most of the rooms (except for the orange dining room- which was Philipp's choice- it is awful) and most of her decor, which is minimal and a mix of old and modern. (I like Amanda's style as well.) I'm not even mad that their renovations take so long, as anyone who had ever remodeled a house knows that it takes time to do it right, even with skilled labourers. I'm of the mindset- do it right the first time, even if it takes longer to do so, fix mistakes properly vice "just living with it", and one will never have to do it again. Fanny will just slap some expensive wallpaper on a damp crumbling wall and call it a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@kireland8
10 hours ago
I am a huge fan of the chapel renovation. It is amazing. I noticed that there is a plan for a formal garden in the front, which is interesting. But then it occurred to me that there is plenty of room for a labyrinth; labyrinths are becoming very popular in the US; there is one attached to the steps outside Grace Cathedral in San Francisco; they offer a way for the non-religious among us to practice walking mediation. The first one that is recorded was in about 1200 at Chartres in France. I think your gardeners could create it quite quickly, Pictures are easy to access on Google

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@carolinegooder7091
7 hours ago
Michael Potts wants a maze. Stephanie wants a formal garden off to the right

@KathyRichards-tr9zx
12 hours ago
Love Bally shoes! How did they know Stephanie's shoe size though?
---
someone is using Michael Potts super intense fantasy filter today!
BE13E5F9-51A2-4577-A850-6DEAE0DEB5C5.jpeg

Compare to reality.
36F9F4EB-5D34-4FF3-8F0E-A485A06FD69B.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
View attachment 2946317So they’ve almost sold the chateau?

Especially that God awful arched door they just butchered, ohhhh and take off those silly stick in bits that were unnecessarily added to the hall ceiling.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@kireland8
10 hours ago
I am a huge fan of the chapel renovation. It is amazing. I noticed that there is a plan for a formal garden in the front, which is interesting. But then it occurred to me that there is plenty of room for a labyrinth; labyrinths are becoming very popular in the US; there is one attached to the steps outside Grace Cathedral in San Francisco; they offer a way for the non-religious among us to practice walking mediation. The first one that is recorded was in about 1200 at Chartres in France. I think your gardeners could create it quite quickly, Pictures are easy to access on Google

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@carolinegooder7091
7 hours ago
Michael Potts wants a maze. Stephanie wants a formal garden off to the right

@KathyRichards-tr9zx
12 hours ago
Love Bally shoes! How did they know Stephanie's shoe size though?
---
someone is using Michael Potts super intense fantasy filter today!
View attachment 2946464

Compare to reality.
View attachment 2946470
Ouf. Again, time to go for the bronze/taupe eyebrow pencil/powder. Those dark brown ones look more and more tattooed on. Shades of great grandma Georgette Mosbacher.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think she'll do well, as she has created (and will continue to create) beautiful designs. I will give the Fleuries credit- while Candlegate was an abysmal fail, at least they tried, like with the B&B (which was probably a lot more work than they anticipated, as their standards for guest cleanliness and comfort are much higher than at Chez Fanny- and it must have been taxing to do whilst raising two young children.) While they have a Patreon, they're looking at ways to generate revenue (like YT AdSense and sponsors) without begging to the public to fund their lifestyles, unlike our little orphan princess.

Don't beat me up @NotAChatelaine- I actually do like the colour palette that she has used in most of the rooms (except for the orange dining room- which was Philipp's choice- it is awful) and most of her decor, which is minimal and a mix of old and modern. (I like Amanda's style as well.) I'm not even mad that their renovations take so long, as anyone who had ever remodeled a house knows that it takes time to do it right, even with skilled labourers. I'm of the mindset- do it right the first time, even if it takes longer to do so, fix mistakes properly vice "just living with it", and one will never have to do it again. Fanny will just slap some expensive wallpaper on a damp crumbling wall and call it a day.
Agreed. When the dining room was dressed for Christmas it looked lovely, however, where there is nothing much in it, the colour is overpowering. It's like the strong yellow Manor and Maker used, it requires a lot of decorative pieces such as paintings and furniture to make it work.

I don't like Amanda's style but don't you dare tell anyone on Tattle I said that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Agreed. When the dining room was dressed for Christmas it looked lovely, however, where there is nothing much in it, the colour is overpowering. It's like the strong yellow Manor and Maker used, it requires a lot of decorative pieces such as paintings and furniture to make it work.

I don't like Amanda's style but don't you dare tell anyone on Tattle I said that.
Don’t mess with our Amanda

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

I agree with most of what you said, however I wouldn’t call what Anna does as decor. There is absolutely no interior design in that house. Yes floors, walls, bathrooms are renovated (eg created, repaired or painted) but there is no interior design. Nearly every vlog the same painting resting on the stairs is walked past. No curtains, rugs or quality furniture- two of their guest rooms used ridiculous kitchen chairs. I’m no fan of Fanny, but I do think there is over praise for Anna and Phillip. If they can buy a yacht they can buy a nail and put a painting on a goddam wall. Still think they are readying place to sell.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So where’s tonight’s CD vlog? Someone accidentally posted the vlog for Brocunt’s Grand Tour of Europe on the CD channel.

IMG_2241.jpeg

P.S. Another new f’ing dress?????????????

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Seriously he has tit for brains, here in Australia there have been many deaths from AVs rolling on top of the driver, mostly kids but farmers too. Dan does everything for clicks and don’t get me started on Elsa and her poor puppies. Dans revolting 🤢
Also Jamie Lyn Spears daughter serious head injury (no helmet whilst parents watching).
Iris Goldsmith killed from rolling quad bike mucking around with her friend unsupervised.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Don’t mess with our Amanda
🤣 Not messing . . . just don't like her style.
---
Also Jamie Lyn Spears daughter serious head injury (no helmet whilst parents watching).
Iris Goldsmith killed from rolling quad bike mucking around with her friend unsupervised.
There's an ad on Victorian regional television targeting farm accidents and specifically quad bike rollovers . . . "it's never you, until it is".
---
I agree with most of what you said, however I wouldn’t call what Anna does as decor. There is absolutely no interior design in that house. Yes floors, walls, bathrooms are renovated (eg created, repaired or painted) but there is no interior design. Nearly every vlog the same painting resting on the stairs is walked past. No curtains, rugs or quality furniture- two of their guest rooms used ridiculous kitchen chairs. I’m no fan of Fanny, but I do think there is over praise for Anna and Phillip. If they can buy a yacht they can buy a nail and put a painting on a goddam wall. Still think they are readying place to sell.
Are you referring to these? I like them but agree they do not suit those bedrooms. And I have no idea if their's are original or not. I remember seeing them in their homes in England so I'm assuming they brought them when they came over to France.

Price:AU$611.52

1 of 8 Vintage Cesca Mid Century Cantilever Chair / Marcel Breuer B64 Design Chairs / Bauhaus Design / Early 2000s, Italy

• il_794xN.5732994156_52ds.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.