The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t recall that either. We have seen him in videos stay at her London flat.
What I find weird is the number of ppl whom presumably have had access to those flats. I mean, my parents had a summer house and apart from a couple of times when they would let some of the family going there, there was no "friends" who would rent or be lend for free the summer house. I find it quite transactional. Did they pay to go there, if again presumably, they go there for holidays and/or just to crash because they have some business in the city(London) since at least the one in France is supposedly rented as holiday let? And that is quite a lot of friends to hands the keys over to. It is something to invite people over in your home when you're there, it's quite something else to say yeah use my stuff and my pad.

Reactions: 21
I may be mistaken, but I recall that they have a daughter who was briefly shown in a couple of their early vlogs. I assume their daugther spends most of her time studying/working back in Canada, but they do not mention her.
---
Davey on vacay at the South of France studio is too boring for even Stephanie to show on CD. Sorry Davey, still love you.
Maybe Davey is a nudist at heart.

Reactions: 25
I don't think you need to worry about them procreating......

Reactions: 30
Unless she pays a management company to clean, wash sheets and towels etc in between guests

Reactions: 24
I may be mistaken, but I recall that they have a daughter who was briefly shown in a couple of their early vlogs. I assume their daugther spends most of her time studying/working back in Canada, but they do not mention her.--
Really? I totally missed that!

Reactions: 16
I think that was the sewist’s niece and not her daughter.

Reactions: 26
I'll ask her.

Reactions: 17
I wish you were my neighbours!

Reactions: 26
I think that was the sewist’s niece and not her daughter.
I DO remember their niece being on a vlog. I believe they said it was a niece and later, when a vlog came out about Sarah's sister living in Europe, it made sense...and I think they showed Sarah's family in a vlog, when they went there on vacation. Maybe I'm just conflating two instances into the vlog where they went to Luxembourg and visited Sarah's sister? Who knows.

I'm just really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that they have children - and not because of my dislike for them, either. One, I have not seen them acknowledge children of their own and, two, there have been a couple of articles out of Canada written about them and no children have been mentioned. There would be no reason to not acknowledge child, although I completely understand that they may not have them on camera or talk about them if they wanted to shield from social media.
---
I'll ask her.
NICE! I'm going to be up all night thinking about this! Knowing you're going to ask might help me sleep!

** I really have to get myself together if worrying about these two is keeping me up!

Reactions: 22
Their need to copy everything Stephanie does is hilarious.

Reactions: 23
She looks like a different person from when she began her vlog, and as many have said she needs a fresh hair style. This drags her down but I’m sure she keeps it since she thinks she is 20 yrs younger. Time to get the popcorn.
look how wide the jaw line is with filler

completely transactional my MIFH has several properties and is also an Annie orphaned Starbucks if you listen to hear tales of woe The sob story of being orphaned at 20 and somehow still having a rich daddy and grandad alive is quite the story. Like F$F she travels every 2 weeks to someplace and always never short of friends to supplement her income and entertainment. She does the exact same thing allowing her favored staff 1 week in her holiday accommodation after slaving away for her all year. They still have to clean up the holiday apartment before they go and also she takes the maid with her sometimes as a "bonus" holiday but you no who's going to do all the running around and cleaning and cooking ..

Reactions: 18
Let's keep everything crossed she doesn't go out mushroom forraging without consulting at worse a book, at best the local pharmacy.

Stupid cow, just stop with the friggin floral accents. Please just stick with putting flowers in vases and not on plates, before your boss gets sued by someone.

Reactions: 27
So am I. I can never find watercress here in France, yet there are loads of old watercress farms in the area!
Thinking of it, can't say I've seen any about here either. Back in the day when I was doing my training at Mount Brown, I'd drive past the cress beds in Abinger Hammer.
---
Well I am biased but I would suggest looking over this side. The Vendee has a beautiful coastline and also bocage area and a microclimate to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Funnily enough I don't believe there are any wind installations, toys or other thing of that genre! I certainly never came across any such toys while my boy was growing up. Unless you count the Parc éoliennes that are everywhere. And, I have to say, fascinating. Silent, white giants with propellers sails. They have an elegant and ethereal beauty. Many complaints about them being noisy and making vibrations. Nimbys everywhere. However most of the people who complain have never been up close to one.

A lot of the coastal gardens have grasses that swish and swosh in the breezes. And there is the Defi Wind, an annual competition of windsurfers and kitesurfers who make their own poetry on the sea.

As for tiles made of volcanic rock, I'm sure someone somewhere in the world make tiles from it but I don't believe in France. Most people furnish their homes with tiles from Italy, Spain and Portugal. There are artisans that still .ake the ciment block tiles like these

---
Has Grant moved on? I understood he was going to be there for a couple of months. Fed up already of being used and abused ... or is Despicable fanny tripping up on her lies again! Eh Gooder?
---
What is it you want from your location?

That's the question that himself and I are asking ourselves. Not that we're going anywhere in the foreseeable but it's good to be prepared rather than up sticks to a location you're going to end up hating! And you're stuck. Forever!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
The invasive blue-flowered plant you talk of is borage. The flowers are edible and a classic garnish for Pimms.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.