Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
There was a channel that popped up on my YouTube a few months ago about a couple who ditched everything they owned and are living their lives in hotel resorts, claiming it's cheaper than rent, owning a home (and every expense that goes along with both home ownership and renting a home) and more "exciting" because you get to go to all these different places in the world. I watched about half of one where they discussed meals and how inexpensive that was for them, as they'd go to the happy hours that the resort provided and bought their one drink and then ate dinner from the light buffet provided by the hotel during these evening happy hours. I can't remember what they did for breakfast and dinner. They talked about the resort they were staying in at the time, which had a gym and laundry facilities (which are the type of amenities that they look for when they stay at a particular resort) and maintained that, for them, this sort of lifestyle was far less expensive living than staying sedentary someplace else and traveling.

I guess it beats van life, but I don't think I could live that way.
This would be a better option, if you have the $$$$

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Fromthenorth

To all of you who have posted the Northern Lights - how lucky you are!
It's passing over my area in the US around 3:00 a.m........unfortunately, on the weather report this evening they said we probably would not be able to view it, since we have nothing but rain and clouds. I am fairly upset about that! Our local news said that it was putting on quite a show in Europe and it appears it has!

Enjoy it and thanks for sharing your pictures!
It's misty outside where I am in England but other parts have a beautiful shows. Do not despair tho as it's supposed to be until Sunday. So you may be able to see something. :)

• Heart
  • Sad

billybudd

VIP Member
The LilySilk selections sucked! I have a feeling PhiPhi picked them out. I was just liking the dress until I saw the hem - no go, very ugly. The silk charmeuse bias skirt was okay and the only thing I did like. The pale green cowl neck sleeveless top was another no go, mainly for the color. I don't know too many people that could pull that color off, it looked terrible on Fanny. The navy and white pole sweater was gawd awful. The double breasted navy jacket should have worked but it didn't. I think it was too short. LilySilk makes some very nice classic garments and Fanny could have put together a nice mini wardrobe, but like I said, I think than damn nuisance put his two cents in. The way too high heels just made her look dated and trying too hard to look glamorous. Obviously, she doesn't follow the Paris runway as flats are in this season. I follow two French stylists in IG, one about my age and the other young enough to be my daughter. They both wear LilySilk and choose garments that suit them, are easily mixed and matched and will be in style forever. Like others have posted, she looked matronly.
Ohhhhhhh, fashion police! Go for it!
I thought they all looked pretty matronly and oddly conservative -- much in the granny trope both Jarvis and Jansen are stuck in.
Can you share your IG French stylists' urls? I'd love to see what somebody with style does with those clothes.
---
Wow @billybudd . That sent shivers down my spine. What a voice. Love Al Green and love Gospel too. Will seek out The Swan Silvertones. I’ve always thought that growing up, if my Catholic Church would’ve had a Gospel Choir, I’d still be going 😇
Claude sounds like he was an honourable chap. I like that.
Yes, ma'am. One of the most amazing recorded performances I've ever heard. And he does it with perfect ease. He was the coolest.

Last edited:
  • Heart

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
I watched another YouTuber try on her gift of lily silk clothing. When trying she tried different shoes, earrings and with clothes she already owned.

It starts at 1 minute in.
Oh Lord…Fern thingy-whatsit, one half of the YT Ken & Barbie show (riviera edition). I simply cannot watch her!

Funnily enough, I’ve just ordered a blue and white striped cotton cardigan from the House of Bruar. I’m teased about my summer love for Breton stripes - it’s my signature bonjour matelot look!

• Haha
  • Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Someone struck a nerve with a comment below.More bullshit from pathological liar Stephanie Jaervis/Caroline Gooder. Always creating chaos, lying, and different untrue timelines and excuses for projects. Always lying, every day, all day.No exceptions. Watch the Stephanie Jarvis dump accounts, converge to attack a
long time viewer. She must’ve struck a nerve, because no less than three dump account are attacking her.

ameliebartulo4734
9 hours agoYou are struggling for content, which is understandable after a few years. Please understand that not all your viewers are here for porcelain and guest dinners. If you care to grow your channel, go back to your true self as vlogger. Your first two years of material were great.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 more contradictory bullshit from the dump.
@carolinegooder7091
9 hours ago
The large renovations can't be done during the B&B season because of the noise, dust, and the need to leave the hall intact for the guests to walk on. After the chapel is finished and the heating system is finished in the fall, they can tear out ceilings, floors, and create bathrooms. In the middle of the countryside, it takes months to order the materials and schedule the workmen. There were workmen over in the second yard doing stone repair last week when the guests weren't around.
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
9 hours ago (edited)
@paulakershaw5452 All of the chapel renovations, the room with the heating utilities built, and Amaury's workshop moved. The staff rooms were started last year off season and two were done except the new shower room. Pavlina's room and two other rooms are started now. Channel 4 shoots causes months delay in us seeing la Chapelle finished but it was. All of the forest management was worked on and the fence material set out for seasoning. All of the gardens doubled, the new trees added including fruit trees. All the surveys for the lake completed. All the plans for the B&B improvement decided. All of the B&B rooms refreshed including ceilings plastered and painted. Cloth walls like in the grandmother's room will be worked on as soon as the Expert arrives

……

@ninofromsicilia
6 hours ago
@user-iu2ny5iq2r it’s been 3 years 1 month since it arrived and it was supposed to be for all of us to watch being installed but turned into Patreon only videos which it will do again I’m sure just like most of the marquee salon.

WATCH AS STEPHANIE JARVIS/ MIRIELLE joins in to add confusion, lies to the narrative And to attack the viewers comment.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@mireille4751
2 hours ago
@ameliebartulo4734 Stephanie always said that the Chateau Diairies are about her own life. This how her followers enjoy it. She does an amazing job in editing her vlogs six days out of seven. Her episodes are longer, more varied and in my opinion more interesting than the other channels.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@mireille4751
2 hours ago
@helenpalmer869 Why are you « restoration obsessed »? Are you a contractor? All of us here are not builders nor handymen(women). I do some DIY myself but am mainly fond of Stephanie’s vlogs because I always learn something. She is educated, is fond of beautiful things and speaks good English. I am interested in History and Art History. I collect porcelains and books, and I love cooking and entertaining. I don’t see why restoration should be the only thing to show on YouTube. I advise you to read more books and visit museums. It makes life happier.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@mireille4751
2 hours ago
@user-iu2ny5iq2r There are already too many DIY channels on YouTube. They all show the same things. Maybe you have one yourself! Most viewers here enjoy Stephanie’s vlog because it is different from the other channels. She has her own strong personality, just like her mother. Her vlog is unique, varied and interesting. I am very glad to travel with her vicariously. I feel more cultured

The new avid thirsty super fan Ron also joins in attacking the viewer?

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@RonRobertson-lafrance
2 hours ago
It's so weird to give advice to someone as if only your own views and opinions were the ones that matter. Speak for yourself. Many of us have joined because we love what she does and shares with us, including the porcelain and guest dinners.
---
THIRSTY NEW SUPER FAN RON. Likely a card carrying member of Stephanie’s senior onlyfans group.He has already stayed at the dump, expect him to pop up more and more, either at the dump, or in the comments. He moved to France permanently a couple years ago or so. Here is article he posted on April 27, 2923.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Marcus Wareing and Patrick Grant (Great British Sewing Bee) are my guilty pleasures! 😊
Patrick Grant definitely but I have to say that I’ve not heard of Marcus Wareing before. The weather is due to change on Sunday so I shall start watching the Provence cookery programme.

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Not in France. Weird and wonderful always available, if you know where to look. I do draw the line a tripe.
Lucky I live in the menudo latitudes and can get my fix of the divine substance.
Best I've made is Jane Grigson's Tripe de Gourin aux pruneaux (braised with lots of shallot, butter, thyme, carrots and prunes) and Paul Bertolli's Chez Panisse Cooking tripe in Italian tomato sauce. Also delish, Philadelphia pepper pot soup.
Cutting it nicely into small triangles really helps.

• Heart
  • Sick
Can you just imagine what it would be like to have a bowel movement after that food? Oh my God. I wonder if it would even digest properly. It would probably smell weird. I’m guessing a never-ending-wipey poopie. Definitely not a ghost poopie.
I would imagine it would peel the varnish right off the furniture.😱

• Haha

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
We have an excellent food truck culture here and several are known for their Baja fish tacos. I’ve never seen them made with salmon. It’s always been with a firm grilled white fish or a flakey fried white fish. Here it’s commonly tilapia or cod and always served as you described them. The fish would normally take a backseat to the flavors of the other ingredients, which is why freshness is paramount here.
You're right about the radishes! I've also seen them pickle the radishes and serve them as a garnish along with pickled carrots and onions. Tacos are so regional in Mexico and there are so many different combinations depending on what they have. One thing you won't find is shredded iceberg lettuce! They use cabbage because it's easier to grow and doesn't require refrigeration. I never saw any lettuce in Mexico when I visited, but I never ate in upscale restaurants catering to tourists either. Saludos a la cocina mexicana! 🇲🇽 🌮

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
As Rafah is being bombed back into the stone age, with 35K casualties, mostly women and children according to Gaza health ministry, and survivors struggling for food and water, Jarvis and her rent boy fingering garbage at yet another brocante is pure fascist spectacle. She is grinding her heel in our faces.

View attachment 2934207
View attachment 2934209
I apologize for introducing other terms into the talk here. But that video just rose up and bit me on the ass, as I'd just come from watching videos of Israeli settlers, and their little children, destroying food bound for Gaza as the police stood by. Genocide by attrition is well-studied but I'd never seen it on video before.
Fanny's video just seemed like another version.
But here is the real precedent, the absolutely mind-boggling fellating profile of the wife of the genocidal tyrant of Syria which appeared in Vogue magazine in 2010, as if her designer clothes exonerated her.
The designer clothes are the wolf's clothing.
Years ago I had a long talk with Bettina, the Aly Khan's mistress, who'd been a Givenchy model and was, when I spoke to her, a Givenchy PR woman. She told me the incalculably rich sultana ladies had at least two of each ensemble made, one knee length or above, decolletee etc for Paris; one below the knee, high necked for wearing at home under a black burqa. That, and watching the burqaed coeds of Alexandria strip them off and throw them to the Nubian slaves at the entrance to the country club, to reveal camel toe jeans and silver lame puffer baseball jackets over lowcut ...you get the pic....has never left me as an emblem of fashion warfare to gain authority and acceptance. It's what Melania Trump did.
That's what Fanny and the revolting imposter Philip Janssen are doing.
And now, back to breaking their asses with jokes.

Last edited:
  • Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
And then there are those brit men that at the first hint of sun remove their shirts/t-shirts altogether and think this is cool 🤢🤮
O my.....that is definitely NOT just a Brit thing. American men do this, too. In February.

• Haha
  • Sick