The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She had such a terrible childhood growing up spending time in Hong Kong, summers in the South of France and then the endless Safaris in her teens. I don't know how she survived, we were lucky to get a trip to Ramsgate! I'm welling up just thinking about how hard it must have been for her.
I got shipped out to I.o.W. every summer holidays with my older brother to stay with our grandmother. Our mother really didn't want us at home. In fact we went there just about every school holiday except Christmas. They were the very best holidays. Grandma had a beachhut on the seafront at Puckpool Park. We would head out just after breakfast at 8am and return home at 6pm come rain or shine. Grandma ran a pub in St John's, Ryde so if we were out with her all day, Grandpa would be in charge. They were idyllic summers with adventures all the way.

Then for the last 10 days of the school summer holidays we would be collected and taken on the "family" summer holiday in a caravan towed on the back of dad's car. Both bro and I would probably have preferred to stay on the Island!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Thank you @TorontoGWM I was just considering her timey-whimey. witch was down here last week BEFORE the northern light show that was enjoyed by most of Europe. Probably headed back to liarsworld sometime Friday 10th. Shame it wasn't yesterday. Traffic was horrific heading north from the coast all day. We can now pin-point her at liarsworld Friday evening 10th and Saturday 11th. Probably headed off somewhere again Sunday 12th.

She said they were visiting a large brocunt in Pezenas with tonoton and twotonne. I had Pezenas pegged as one of the places where they may have bought their maison de maitre. It will be enlightening to see the visit!

How can the sycophants not pick up on her tripping over her lies. There is no continuity. It's worse than a cheap soap opera.
Chelsea Flower Show starts May 21 so can expect she’s heading to the U.K. this weekend, if not before.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@debbierudolph9489
2 hours ago
Please don't forget to put a coat on Lancelot. If you need a coat he needs a coat.

Dump account.🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@Sparrowdean
42 minutes ago
They are going to the south of France in May; for goodness sake, Lancelot will not need a coat.
Oh... aha ha ha. Aha ha ha. duck off @Sparrowdean what do you know! What is it with these worldly people that believe the south of France to be hot all year round! It ain't. Hot late July and August with plenty of summer storms at that time to include hail. We had a warm couple of days but the dominant wind is still cool. And something it always is is windy. Just stupid tourists that wander around in pastel colours in shorts and t-shirts. Gives us all a good laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I got shipped out to I.o.W. every summer holidays with my older brother to stay with our grandmother. Our mother really didn't want us at home. In fact we went there just about every school holiday except Christmas. They were the very best holidays. Grandma had a beachhut on the seafront at Puckpool Park. We would head out just after breakfast at 8am and return home at 6pm come rain or shine. Grandma ran a pub in St John's, Ryde so if we were out with her all day, Grandpa would be in charge. They were idyllic summers with adventures all the way.

Then for the last 10 days of the school summer holidays we would be collected and taken on the "family" summer holiday in a caravan towed on the back of dad's car. Both bro and I would probably have preferred to stay on the Island!
Ours was the whole famalam to Ramsgate, Nan, Grandad (designated driver), my parents, two Aunts and Uncles plus cousins. My Uncle's Mother in Law ran a guesthouse there. When she stopped it was all of us off to Holimarine Holiday camp (by this time my brother had arrived, was a toddler and was a total pain in the arse), that was it but is was brilliant so much fun all together. That old trout has no idea, thinks she had it difficult, wouldn't know the meaning of the word. Neither would hair system.
---
Oh... aha ha ha. Aha ha ha. duck off @Sparrowdean what do you know! What is it with these worldly people that believe the south of France to be hot all year round! It ain't. Hot late July and August with plenty of summer storms at that time to include hail. We had a warm couple of days but the dominant wind is still cool. And something it always is is windy. Just stupid tourists that wander around in pastel colours in shorts and t-shirts. Gives us all a good laugh.
Some even think the whole of France is sub tropical. There were tits (hate to admit it by they were Brits 🤦‍♀️) staggering around in shorts and flipflops here back in March!

• Haha
  • Heart
She would probably use her half French ancestry to excuse the tines down table setting as it is, or was, the formal standard in France. My understanding is this style of table setting was intended to show the family crest on the back of the utensils.
Suggested elements for Pheeph of Maastricht coat of arms:

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 6.52.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 6.49.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 6.53.21 AM.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Every once in awhile, I get wild hair and decide to check out the discount situation on whatever these vloggers are schilling. Nine times out of ten, I can get the SAME discount the vlogger offers without have to use their discount code!

Lilysilk is no exception. 20% discount can be had just by creating a login and signing up for emails!

1715604980867.png

1715605030363.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Marie certainly learned something and 4 week chef school: how to slice a stick of asparagus into 4, LENGHTwise! cooo-er.
The only chef school I ever went to was on the job training from Ivory (last name gone with the wind) the line chef at the restaurant I worked in.
His teaching was all about generosity, not stinge.
1.) He said, in making soup, never use water when you can use stock. Never use stock when you can use cream. Never use cream when you can use butter.
2.) After a gruelling eight hour shift in which he cooked parts of perhaps 300 breakfasts and lunches, Ivory would always cook the hotel staff whatever they wanted for lunch off the menu, no crappy staff gruel and cheese parings. It would add an hour to his long and strenuous day.
One day the FBI showed up and, in a very Nicholas Freeling/Anthony Bourdain kitchen culture moment, took him away on charges of armed robbery. Last I ever saw of a good guy.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I think you're right, @Pekey! And, I'd rather have what this Dog Chef serves up over FRK's creations any day. :ROFLMAO: There's probably less snot, too.

View attachment 2932174
That’s funny we actually make our dogs food with different proteins each week and different veg and different starch each week and then he gets a multivitamin on top of that. We were just getting worried because so many of the dog foods had been recalled, so we decided heck let’s make it ourselves. Recently, I was making it and a friend was visiting and thought it was dinner for us!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Good thing Fanny got that free sewing machine that does embroidery as I can see her doing little bugs and butterflies all over those Lilysilk clothing when the good old Moths 🦋🐛 and silverfish get to them!
I remember her woolen jumpers with patches sewn on them. ......... Looking Ritzy. :oops::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Damn that looks like a good movie, is it on YouTube 😆🤔
---
Nasti’s back ? Has this been mentioned before ? Just spotted her about 4 mins in on the latest vlog. MariE waves, Nasti walks in the kitchen and there’s a blip in the vlog. Have I missed the return of A&N ??? Is it time travel again ? Am I cracking up ? 🤔
I a couple videos ago Grant said he spoke with Ann M regarding the boxes of books
---
I just wanted to thank all of you for your grand and wise advice. Today is Monday. It’s a new day a new start and I have a fresh perspective. Fingers crossed knock on wood and I’m saying a rosary. I shall cover all my bases much love to you all happy tattling, and I’ll check back in later this afternoon. 🙏🎉😱👏🤠

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I a couple videos ago Grant said he spoke with Ann M regarding the boxes of books
---
I just wanted to thank all of you for your grand and wise advice. Today is Monday. It’s a new day a new start and I have a fresh perspective. Fingers crossed knock on wood and I’m saying a rosary. I shall cover all my bases much love to you all happy tattling, and I’ll check back in later this afternoon. 🙏🎉😱👏🤠
Sending you the courage and hope you need.
Sorry not to offer any ideas but my own situation is too raw and I am not thinking sensibly.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Pheeph of Maastricht 👈🏻🤡👉🏻

photo courtesy of Lancelot de Lalande instagram 😂

View attachment 2932890
This is such a good pic worth 10,000 words, with his Ratso coronet.
I always like to think of him capering when she bought him his lady desk, and stroking, with real moist-lipped, open-mouthed heat, the grody chair that came with it.
Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.32.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.32.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.33.17 AM.png

---
---
I always like a good gospel song.
Claude Jeter promised his mother he would always sing for the Lord, never sing rock n roll. He never did, but he taught every one from Al Green to Eddie Kendricks to Paul Simon how to do it.
Never alone, baby grrrl.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
The LilySilk selections sucked! I have a feeling PhiPhi picked them out. I was just liking the dress until I saw the hem - no go, very ugly. The silk charmeuse bias skirt was okay and the only thing I did like. The pale green cowl neck sleeveless top was another no go, mainly for the color. I don't know too many people that could pull that color off, it looked terrible on Fanny. The navy and white pole sweater was gawd awful. The double breasted navy jacket should have worked but it didn't. I think it was too short. LilySilk makes some very nice classic garments and Fanny could have put together a nice mini wardrobe, but like I said, I think than damn nuisance put his two cents in. The way too high heels just made her look dated and trying too hard to look glamorous. Obviously, she doesn't follow the Paris runway as flats are in this season. I follow two French stylists in IG, one about my age and the other young enough to be my daughter. They both wear LilySilk and choose garments that suit them, are easily mixed and matched and will be in style forever. Like others have posted, she looked matronly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Ours was the whole famalam to Ramsgate, Nan, Grandad (designated driver), my parents, two Aunts and Uncles plus cousins. My Uncle's Mother in Law ran a guesthouse there. When she stopped it was all of us off to Holimarine Holiday camp (by this time my brother had arrived, was a toddler and was a total pain in the arse), that was it but is was brilliant so much fun all together. That old trout has no idea, thinks she had it difficult, wouldn't know the meaning of the word. Neither would hair system.
---

Some even think the whole of France is sub tropical. There were tits (hate to admit it by they were Brits 🤦‍♀️) staggering around in shorts and flipflops here back in March!
I know 🤷‍♀️

Years ago we had a couple staying in one of our rentals for new year. The lady brought only shorts, t-shirts and floaty summer dresses and high heeled summer sandals!
---
Chelsea Flower Show starts May 21 so can expect she’s heading to the U.K. this weekend, if not before.
So they can be at liarsworld for Friday 17th and Saturday 18th then head off to London Sunday 19th. Monday 20th is a jour feriée in France. Looks like we may have another peg on their timey-whimey timeline.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Every once in awhile, I get wild hair and decide to check out the discount situation on whatever these vloggers are schilling. Nine times out of ten, I can get the SAME discount the vlogger offers without have to use their discount code!

Lilysilk is no exception. 20% discount can be had just by creating a login and signing up for emails!

View attachment 2932879

View attachment 2932880
I would need a 100% discount to order that flimsy crap

• Haha
  • Heart
I would need a 100% discount to order that flimsy crap
I own a couple of Lilysilk shirts and love them! They are very good quality, especially for the price. Have you ever bought from them? Just curious as to why you say they are "flimsy crap"? 🤷‍♀️ Maybe some of their pieces are.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I did wonder when she said she had a cold if she should be wearing a mask or face covering of some sort, especially as she is preparing food.
She caught the cold from Fanny who knew she was sick but still had dinner with the guests. The place is a filthy spreader den. Do you think the lack of B&B guests this year is due to people wising up and canceling... Or canceling after watching how filthy the kitchen was when Marie cleaned it?

• Sick
Reactions: 27
I own a couple of Lilysilk shirts and love them! They are very good quality, especially for the price. Have you ever bought from them? Just curious as to why you say they are "flimsy crap"? 🤷‍♀️ Maybe some of their pieces are.
Sorry I was, getting confused with the 100 stars stuff. The Lily silk clothes do look great quality but they are very expensive and I would imagine out of the range of many viewers

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.