The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it tasty? Maybe, but I know I'd still be hungry with those kiddy portions, especially for 75Euro.
View attachment 2932222View attachment 2932223View attachment 2932224
Everybody's talking about how tiny the beef portion is. I (awaiting cataract surgery) can't see it at all.
I really can't get over how much pleasure Jarvis takes in grinding this heel in peoples' faces. If pain is your jam be a nice out sadist, for god's sake, not this little sneaky nickel and dime tit. In a way, she knows and understands this special kind of French famine and money insanity -- calling Isabelle Mummy des Sources when they were trying to fix the old well in the potager.
I've watched two of the Manon des Sources movies as part of my French studies. The hardness of life -- not enough to eat, for millennia -- is where a lot of Isabelle comes from. Just reading about troglodyte/peasant life (Graham Robb, Gillian Tindall). They'd sit around the meager fire all winter long, dozing in a room with the cows ruminating in the next room, for warmth. Every once in a while they'd wake up and have a mouthful of cabbage and some chestnut flour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Re Stephanine being in bed with Lilly silk top, again is it playing with timelines, jumping into bed to do that part, thinking no one is going to pick up on it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She caught the cold from Fanny who knew she was sick but still had dinner with the guests. The place is a filthy spreader den. Do you think the lack of B&B guests this year is due to people wising up and canceling... Or canceling after watching how filthy the kitchen was when Marie cleaned it?
1715612555262.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Good thing Fanny got that free sewing machine that does embroidery as I can see her doing little bugs and butterflies all over those Lilysilk clothing when the good old Moths 🦋🐛 and silverfish get to them!
I remember her woolen jumpers with patches sewn on them. ......... Looking Ritzy. :oops::LOL:
Larvae

• Haha
  • Sick
Sorry I was, getting confused with the 100 stars stuff. The Lily silk clothes do look great quality but they are very expensive and I would imagine out of the range of many viewers
Agree about the 100 Stars, terrible stuff. I had wondered if maybe that was what you were referring to. Silk is not something I wear for everyday as it requires more care, but for special occasions. Mostly I wear wash and wear cotton.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
This is such a good pic worth 10,000 words, with his Ratso coronet.
I always like to think of him capering when she bought him his lady desk, and stroking, with real moist-lipped, open-mouthed heat, the grody chair that came with it.
View attachment 2932917
View attachment 2932918
View attachment 2932919
---

I always like a good gospel song.
Claude Jeter promised his mother he would always sing for the Lord, never sing rock n roll. He never did, but he taught every one from Al Green to Eddie Kendricks to Paul Simon how to do it.
Never alone, baby grrrl.
Wow @billybudd . That sent shivers down my spine. What a voice. Love Al Green and love Gospel too. Will seek out The Swan Silvertones. I’ve always thought that growing up, if my Catholic Church would’ve had a Gospel Choir, I’d still be going 😇
Claude sounds like he was an honourable chap. I like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The LilySilk selections sucked! I have a feeling PhiPhi picked them out. I was just liking the dress until I saw the hem - no go, very ugly. The silk charmeuse bias skirt was okay and the only thing I did like. The pale green cowl neck sleeveless top was another no go, mainly for the color. I don't know too many people that could pull that color off, it looked terrible on Fanny. The navy and white pole sweater was gawd awful. The double breasted navy jacket should have worked but it didn't. I think it was too short. LilySilk makes some very nice classic garments and Fanny could have put together a nice mini wardrobe, but like I said, I think than damn nuisance put his two cents in. The way too high heels just made her look dated and trying too hard to look glamorous. Obviously, she doesn't follow the Paris runway as flats are in this season. I follow two French stylists in IG, one about my age and the other young enough to be my daughter. They both wear LilySilk and choose garments that suit them, are easily mixed and matched and will be in style forever. Like others have posted, she looked matronly.
Ohhhhhhh, fashion police! Go for it!
I thought they all looked pretty matronly and oddly conservative -- much in the granny trope both Jarvis and Jansen are stuck in.
Can you share your IG French stylists' urls? I'd love to see what somebody with style does with those clothes.
---
Wow @billybudd . That sent shivers down my spine. What a voice. Love Al Green and love Gospel too. Will seek out The Swan Silvertones. I’ve always thought that growing up, if my Catholic Church would’ve had a Gospel Choir, I’d still be going 😇
Claude sounds like he was an honourable chap. I like that.
Yes, ma'am. One of the most amazing recorded performances I've ever heard. And he does it with perfect ease. He was the coolest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Dear old Rob is so besotted, he's probably wondering if he really did miss the Northern Lights... I wonder what goes through their thick skulls when they watch a vlog and know it to be a deception given that they were there and none of her story is true.
---
Ours was the whole famalam to Ramsgate, Nan, Grandad (designated driver), my parents, two Aunts and Uncles plus cousins. My Uncle's Mother in Law ran a guesthouse there. When she stopped it was all of us off to Holimarine Holiday camp (by this time my brother had arrived, was a toddler and was a total pain in the arse), that was it but is was brilliant so much fun all together. That old trout has no idea, thinks she had it difficult, wouldn't know the meaning of the word. Neither would hair system.
---

Some even think the whole of France is sub tropical. There were tits (hate to admit it by they were Brits 🤦‍♀️) staggering around in shorts and flipflops here back in March!
In the UK once a man has felt the first rays of summer (just had a lovely few days recently) they will never don their long pants again... shorts & Tee shirts all the way through till October.

Last edited:
  • Haha
They are about £15 per candle they look pretty but I don't see the point of burning something so intricately painted

Painted candles are all the cottagecore rage right now.
I wouldn't pay that much for them, when I can make my own for half or one third of the price.
I'm sure Fanny could too, but she's not creative, nor does she want things cheap even though "frugal" is the word of the day month.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Certainly not for their guests.
But let's remember the feasts before the B&B season started... we all knew that the money they wasted would be saved by the guests. As predicted, Marie is already struggling with the small budget. Two radishes per guest, divided between starter and main course.
Interesting that scallops featured
She would probably use her half French ancestry to excuse the tines down table setting as it is, or was, the formal standard in France. My understanding is this style of table setting was intended to show the family crest on the back of the utensils.
Yep, fork tines up in the UK, tines down in France. Marc (Ch Rosieres) gave Stephanie a lesson in tine placement and why (family crest) when she and the prancing twerp visited Marc and Amy at Marc’s family home (now lived in by one of his sisters?). Steff had no idea. She was also amazed at the way in which lunch was served - can’t remember the precise details. All done with great charm. La Jarvis’ social ineptitude laid bare.

The visit apparently upset Steff because she thought Amy, in particular, was rude/mean to her and that both M and A were laughing at her. I am sure M and A were laughing at Steff and her now-affianced. It was very subtle on their part, which made it all the more amusing to watch. The only time Amy has shown any personality. Unfortunately, it didn’t stop any faux friendship in its tracks.

• Heart
I saw some YouTube video that said having the tines down goes way back to not wanting to snag men’s fancy lacey cuffs.🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Painted candles are all the cottagecore rage right now.
I wouldn't pay that much for them, when I can make my own for half or one third of the price.
I'm sure Fanny could too, but she's not creative, nor does she want things cheap even though "frugal" is the word of the day month.
here's another at £17 one candle would pay for a guest to have a decent steak LOL

---
I saw some YouTube video that said having the tines down goes way back to not wanting to snag men’s fancy lacey cuffs.🤷‍♀️
WELL THAT IS WHY PUBE DOES IT

Last edited:
  • Haha
Dear old Rob is so besotted, he's probably wondering if he really did miss the Northern Lights... I wonder what goes through their thick skulls when they watch a vlog and know it to be a deception given that they were there and none of her story is true.
---

In the UK once a man has felt the first rays of summer (just had a lovely few days recently) they will never don their long pants again... shorts & Tee shirts all the way through till October.
And then there are those brit men that at the first hint of sun remove their shirts/t-shirts altogether and think this is cool 🤢🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
The LilySilk selections sucked! I have a feeling PhiPhi picked them out. I was just liking the dress until I saw the hem - no go, very ugly. The silk charmeuse bias skirt was okay and the only thing I did like. The pale green cowl neck sleeveless top was another no go, mainly for the color. I don't know too many people that could pull that color off, it looked terrible on Fanny. The navy and white pole sweater was gawd awful. The double breasted navy jacket should have worked but it didn't. I think it was too short. LilySilk makes some very nice classic garments and Fanny could have put together a nice mini wardrobe, but like I said, I think than damn nuisance put his two cents in. The way too high heels just made her look dated and trying too hard to look glamorous. Obviously, she doesn't follow the Paris runway as flats are in this season. I follow two French stylists in IG, one about my age and the other young enough to be my daughter. They both wear LilySilk and choose garments that suit them, are easily mixed and matched and will be in style forever. Like others have posted, she looked matronly.
I watched another YouTuber try on her gift of lily silk clothing. When trying she tried different shoes, earrings and with clothes she already owned.

It starts at 1 minute in.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I watched another YouTuber try on her gift of lily silk clothing. When trying she tried different shoes, earrings and with clothes she already owned.

It starts at 1 minute in.
Oh Lord…Fern thingy-whatsit, one half of the YT Ken & Barbie show (riviera edition). I simply cannot watch her!

Funnily enough, I’ve just ordered a blue and white striped cotton cardigan from the House of Bruar. I’m teased about my summer love for Breton stripes - it’s my signature bonjour matelot look!

• Haha
  • Heart
Chelsea Flower Show starts May 21 so can expect she’s heading to the U.K. this weekend, if not before.
I wonder if Steph will use the Lalande time machine to get back for the Olympic torch relay which is due to pass through La Châtre and Châteauroux on Monday 27th May. If the local Maire or député have seen the vlog of the Maastricht Prancer running after chickens and fast dogs, they will have noted his unique running style and approached him to be a torch-bearer. It would be good to find out if his hair system is flammable.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh Lord…Fern thingy-whatsit, one half of the YT Ken & Barbie show (riviera edition). I simply cannot watch her!

Funnily enough, I’ve just ordered a blue and white striped cotton cardigan from the House of Bruar. I’m teased about my summer love for Breton stripes - it’s my signature bonjour matelot look!

She's tiresome with her shopping hauls in one breath and then her complaints about other people's over consumerism in the next.

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.