The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And since when does going to your grandparents for holidays equate to 'where I grew up'?
Didn't she also say her folks shipped her off to Hong Kong for holidays?
If she were my child, I'd have shipped her off as often as I could too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Ever wonder about Ratso's diet?

The half-price Prague Ratter with uncertain parentage gets the very best delivered to the chateau from DOGCHEF. It's been developed by vets -- which in Fanny's mind is just as good as taking one's dog to an actual vet.

View attachment 2932010

View attachment 2932012
At least they removed the cans of RAID bug spray from the window sill!
I'm actually not mad about this, as it appears to be good quality nutrition based on their website. But, it does not say whether the food comes "fresh", meaning frozen... If so, the box needs to be opened and put in the freezer right away!

Here in the US, my tiny mongrels' food comes from Farmer's Dog. It's human-grade, and made specifically for them based on their weight, breed, dietary requirements, etc. (You have to fill out a Q&A for each dog.) The food is flash frozen into packets with each dog's name on it, and shipped via FedEx in an insulated box with dry ice. I receive a text when it has been shipped along with an approximate delivery time (which is usually within 24 hours of being shipped.) When it arrives, I IMMEDIATELY unpack it and place in the freezer (even in the Florida heat, they are still frozen- once in a while, one or two has started to thaw, so those go in the fridge to use first.

It is pricey, though- I pay $210 a month for two small dogs, but no longer have to give them multivitamins because they are nutritionally balanced meals. My JRT's kidney and itchy skin issues have disappeared, and my vet said it is the absolute BEST food on the market to feed your dogs. (Which is ironic, as veterinarians usually want to sell you Hills Science Diet and Royal Canin, as they get kickbacks.) Even with Luna's diabetes, he said it is far better for her to be on FD than on the prescription dog food.

The food itself actually looks and smells good. I have given my neighbours and friends a few packets for their pups to try, and half the dogs on my street are now happy subscribers. (While I don't receive incentives or discounts, I do get a thank you e-mail from the company whenever one of the dogs becomes a customer.) When one of my neighbours had to cancel with them after her 19-year old dog passed, they sent her a beautiful floral arrangement, as did Chewy, so that was really lovely for them to do.)

But the question with DogChef lies in- if it is "fresh", will someone be there to receive it, and be responsible enough to unpack and store it properly? Hell, who is even opening parcels at the dump right now with Herr Nuti on holiday again? Or are they dumb enough to try to feed the dog food that has gone bad? And is Fanny actually going "pay" for a subscription for Lancelot once the "sponsorship" is up? SMH.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
You have got it all wrong! :rolleyes:

DOGCHEF is a "stand-by' if FRK falls ill or "Tannie's' off back to the UK ...... that is for the B&B guests! :love:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
bleeping idiots and another lie from Fanny - spent all her holidays in the south of France but what about Hong Kong 🤷‍♀️

I see Marie is really relishing the brown food movement again not a pea or bean in sight and desert looked like a tit 💩 plopped on a plate omg.

She runs a BNB but leaves her guests so she can run away again so I suppose Natzi who lives off site is the emergency contact.

And did we have to see the bleeping fashion show, she does my head in and let’s not talk about snorts.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
You have got it all wrong! :rolleyes:

DOGCHEF is a "stand-by' if FRK falls ill or "Tannie's' off back to the UK ...... that is for the B&B guests! :love:
I think you're right, @Pekey! And, I'd rather have what this Dog Chef serves up over FRK's creations any day. :ROFLMAO: There's probably less snot, too.

Dog Chef.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Fanny has had this seasons delivery of Lilysilk.

This plate of food as a starter.What is it? So unattractive and totally unappealing. The portion size maybe a blessing.
Is it just me?
I think Stephanie looked very matronly in that clothing. I'm sure that's the opposite of what she or Philip think, but she looks like a woman of a certain age who is trying way too hard - especially with all of that jacked-up face work she's had done.....and the overly dark, drawn in eyebrows!

• Heart
  • Haha
Time travel again!

She made it out like she saw the Nothern Lights & then went to south of France. She was in the south of France last week. She saw the Northern Lights Friday or Saturday (yesterday) night after rushing back from the south of France.

Moreover, guests at the table were from more than a week ago. They didn’t miss seeing the lights because they hadn’t happened yet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
They only post on Instagram, no you tube channel.
---
[
I love Rebecca's attention to detail. Her rooms look immaculate and the dinners outside look gorgeous. I am in the process of buying some old louvre doors to age and use as bedheads- just like Rebecca's!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I know some here didn't think Selling up and buying a Chateau were oing to do it, others especially the Aussies, knew of them and said for real. I must admit I have been enjoying it, in such a short space of time so much work being done. Sure they have hired a team of English people and are roaring a head. Spent time on grounds, and doing heaps to get aparment ready for them and her spa treatment area up and running by August. Very impressed and so far no patreon, go fund me or amazon wish list, all paid for with their own cash and sweat equity.

• Heart

View attachment 2930137

As I'm sure you're all aware by now, last night there was the most extraordinary northern lights display over parts of the world that usually never see them. Lalande was no exception! The I glanced out of my bathroom window at 1:30am, I noticed strange pale whitish streaks in a pinkish sky. I'd heard that the lights are more visible on photos, so - not expecting much - I took a photo of the dark night sky on my mobile, and the first photo above was the result! I couldn't believe it! I threw on my dressing gown and ran out into the night. Half and hour - and one drenched pair of slippers - later, I had taken all of these stunning photos around the chateau. It felt totally magical. In spite of travelling to the arctic circle, I've never seen the northern lights, and I can't believe that my first experience of them was from my bathroom window at Lalande!

Please feel free to download these photos for your own personal (but not commercial) use - I think they'd make marvellous screen savers!

Lots of love to all of you from Lalande,
Stephanie x​
I predict her next venture will involve selling bibles, gold tennis shoes and trading cards.

• Haha
OMG....... what a crap vlog that was!
So she is off to see what Cuz and his family are up to !
Fanny's is off to the south of France to see what real renovations look like; not that she's thinking of following suit mind you.

Six years since her Grandmother passed and she's now just feeling up to traveling down south for the first time - what a bunch of bull crap. I'm sure Fanny forgot her grandmother's passing once she received her inheritance.

Tante and Ton Ton were always careful not to film their UK home, and limited filming was only allowed once they had sold the place. (Fanny had to come and take away the crap she was storing in their barn). It will be interesting to see how much they let Fanny film, especially if they intend to launch their own vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So much soulful cooking and thinking going on here.
@T Rex and other farmers’ market denizens, do you think Marie’s addiction to the supermarket is a symptom of her ill-informed notion of what’s Klassy? She thinks shopping at the supermarket is Klassy, whereas shopping among the honest farming peasants is way too close to one’s own origins? And that one can always be sure the sous vide duck from the supermarket is Klassier than the fermiere wife pate and fresh farm cheese? Or Romain Moreau’s tomato concasse, make from his own tomatoes in his own kitchen in Crozon sur Vauvre?
Also, one might fear the farmers’ market because one doesn’t know what they’re selling, one doesn’t speak French, one might Make The UnKlassy Choice.
I’m going to keep observing her desire to transform delinquent ingredients into That Which They Are Not, a smear of pureed broccoli under a block of potato terrine with egg white extruded from a pastry bag on top. I think I see the point of the broccoli puree schmear — to add a layer of flavor to a composed and unified dish. But I am actually doubtful and don’t know any eater who thinks an unavoidable layer of, say, broccoli flavor on a pork and scallop dish is an addition to the experience. I think a lawyer or a scholar of fascist rhetoric would call it spurious.
I can’t think of any circumstance under which I’d choose to eat pureed broccoli. The textures, including the peeled stalk, which I learned from my Sicilian MIL, are so very much part of the pleasure of eating it. Soup, maybe. Trying to get picky little children to eat it, soup for sure.
The lengths to which one would go for the really sexy ingredient, whether strawberries of the moment, or Spanish lessons with your Turmeric Man (you go, T Rex). It takes some knowledge of the world to get a thrill from the $20 veg haul and the restaurant supply meat haul. I have a supermercado near me where Mexican ingredients and vibe — canned JuMex guava nectar, I love it — are available. One thing they have the wypipo store doesn’t have is weird meat, which I love and cherish, from feet to kidneys and heart, as well as a pound of ham scraps from the deli, real ham for soup and beans. Ditto bacon scraps. There are people I love who wouldn’t be caught dead there, among them rednecks fearful of chile. Not going there. Even they are converting and now sometimes have carne adobada for breakfast.
Maybe we can have world peace after all.
So here's my absolutely killer very best Mexican cooking tip of all time, I think it's Diana Kennedy.
Squeeze a fresh orange over your tomato salsa.
And this. Chamoy is your friend.
Nah, @billybudd, I thought about it this morning, and I think @C'est moi summed it up perfectly. FRK is so in her little bubble of the Shitoo, and does not want to actually venture outside of it (I seriously don't get it- my French is not at all where I want it to be, but every time I go to France, I at least make an effort and friends for life.) LMAO- Mr T Rex is also a huge fan of the Jumex Guava nectar- I always pick him up a few cans from the bodega! When my evil twin comes to visit, we do converse in Spanish the majority of the time (it's just our weird normal!)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
IT IS A LILYSILK GRIFTER EPISODE: $1600+ in grifted lilysilk clothing In just today’s episode

🌟 Items shown in the video: Blazer: https://lilysilk.to/mjWZzXy Silk dress: https://lilysilk.to/MDAPbFa Pinstriped Silk Shirt dress: https://lilysilk.to/QsIFkFT Maxi Skirt: https://lilysilk.to/ncuQOox V Neck Ribbed Silk Knit Top: https://lilysilk.to/MSIYcpl Silk blouse: https://lilysilk.to/uoLQypC

Tailored Double-Breasted Blazer
$299.00

Saudade Dress
$279

Silk Charmeuse Cowl Neck Top
$105.00

V Neck Ribbed Silk Knit Top
$189.00

Clarice Maxi Skirt
$299.00

Pinstriped Silk Shirtdress with Belt
$299.00
Fanny is too lazy to pull out her pj's and goes to bed in her silk knit top.
Why not just sleep nude Fanny? Does your fiance not keep you warm at night?
1715569402542.png
1715569418717.png

---
Time travel again!

She made it out like she saw the Nothern Lights & then went to south of France. She was in the south of France last week. She saw the Northern Lights Friday or Saturday (yesterday) night after rushing back from the south of France.

Moreover, guests at the table were from more than a week ago. They didn’t miss seeing the lights because they hadn’t happened yet.
Did those pics of the Northern Lights really come from Fanny's camera or were they still down south? Time will tell.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Didn't she also say her folks shipped her off to Hong Kong for holidays?
If she were my child, I'd have shipped her off as often as I could too.
Cross over reply I agree she said that yes.
---
I love Rebecca's attention to detail. Her rooms look immaculate and the dinners outside look gorgeous. I am in the process of buying some old louvre doors to age and use as bedheads- just like Rebecca's!
I am surprised that they have a lot of dates free in June, I imagined how beautiful there place is they would be booked out. Maybe preparations for the Paris Olympics is putting people off 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Is it tasty? Maybe, but I know I'd still be hungry with those kiddy portions, especially for 75Euro.
1715569879776.png
1715569902455.png
1715569920324.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
OMG....... what a crap vlog that was!
So she is off to see what Cuz and his family are up to !
she has no content at her Chateau so has to go somewhere else.
So with the all the new rules around staying at lalande is one of them you must become part of her income earning vlog as he has no content now.

Saw the best desperation clickbait from my Lacelle crew " we went brocante hunting for 5 hours 5 miles away.
Anna and Phillipe have got to be the biggest grifters of all the vlogs. No BnB income solely candles and courses, but still spending up big.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.