The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hun, do everything that everyone has suggested, but also ascertain what is yours and protect your assets. You never know when you might need to go. Stay strong, don't let anyone disrespect you, x
❤❤❤❤❤
(I thought this advice needed multiple loves😀)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Completely agree, I keep telling hubster not to buy the low fat minced beef for burgers, it's pointless. Absolutely no flavour and dry as heck. So much so I have to add some finely chopped mushrooms to add moisture back. I'd rather get a good piece of rib eye or something and mince it ourselves.
I can get pasture raised beef ,mince about 2.00 over the other kind. I have noticed that it not only looks and smells better, the fat that is rendered is clear and no foul odor. The mass produced beef is pale pink and does not smell like fresh meat and the fat rendered is yellow. The pasture raised has a nice texture and so much more flavor. I rarely eat beef steaks they are very expensive

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think the reasons for MarIE's supermarché sweepstake are many-fold...

1. She has a limited budget. That's fairly evident.
2. She probably lacks the time to source her ingredients from different suppliers locally (also see 1. above).
3. She speaks little or no French at all so shopping in the supermarket is easy. No personal contact necessary.
4. Markets open early in France and close up around midday. If MarIE is serving and clearing breakfast AND dog walking AND being at the gruesome twosomes beck and call she has no chance of getting there.
5. She lacks confidence to shop "outside the box" (also see 3. above).
6. Despicable fanny may have entrusted her with the shithole debit card, and with a spend limit, the hence making supermarket shopping easy. Local producers and markets stall holders still like their payment in éspeces - filthy lucre, hard cash.
7. Her menus are safe, no having to source exotic ingredients (also see 5 above).
8. She uses cookery books and recipe cards, probably in English, and shops safe where she knows she can get all the ingredients. She doesn't have the nouce or experience to swap out ingredients and swap up flavours. And neither will she ever.

If she is not going to use local producers I do not understand why she doesn't use the boucherie counter, the poissonerie counter, the charcuterie counter in her local supermarket. These counters in every supermarket I have ever visited in France have experienced and knowledgeable staff. They have served apprenticeships in their metier and are more than willing to share their knowledge. She doesn't have to know the name or the pronunciation she can just point and hold up fingers for how many or how much. She can guide the cut of the knife. She will get to know them and they will get to know her. Also, post covid, many supermarkets buy fruit and vegetables from local producers. Covid taught them that the supply chain, produce coming from further away, is not guaranteed. The small holder can also sell on his surplus. Win-win.

It is absolutely tragic how they operate every aspect of the b&b but the food offered is the worst.
---

Actually, I think it's more of a flog...
Glad to think the supermarche is superior too. I was stunned to think she wasn't asking the cheese monger and butchers for help. Local veg, yay.
I had thought of the 7 am to noon regime of the farmers' markets as prohibitive for Lalande.
Bottom line, I think you're right in emphasizing the Julia Cameron poverty addict story that scamming Fanny wants told. So curious a narrative for someone in the hospitality profession.
Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 2.07.11 PM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well, my parents bought me a Barbie Dream House when I was nine years old! Top that Fanny!
My parents let us use old cardboard boxes to make into Barbie's campervan.
---
There was a channel that popped up on my YouTube a few months ago about a couple who ditched everything they owned and are living their lives in hotel resorts, claiming it's cheaper than rent, owning a home (and every expense that goes along with both home ownership and renting a home) and more "exciting" because you get to go to all these different places in the world. I watched about half of one where they discussed meals and how inexpensive that was for them, as they'd go to the happy hours that the resort provided and bought their one drink and then ate dinner from the light buffet provided by the hotel during these evening happy hours. I can't remember what they did for breakfast and dinner. They talked about the resort they were staying in at the time, which had a gym and laundry facilities (which are the type of amenities that they look for when they stay at a particular resort) and maintained that, for them, this sort of lifestyle was far less expensive living than staying sedentary someplace else and traveling.

I guess it beats van life, but I don't think I could live that way.
I've heard of retired people living on cruise ships for the same reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
IMO, Marie has Borderline Personality Disorder and needs professional help. She's impulsive, moody, quick to anger, disassociates herself from reality, can't be alone for long, etc. Until she address her problems she will just be stuck in a vicious cycle of codependency, hence her staying at the dump with Fanny. Due to her disorder, she's incapable of being passionate about anything. She's not passionate about flowers - doesn't know a daffodil from a lilly. She's not passionate about food obviously. Unfortunately, Fanny probably has one of the worst personalities, narcissism, for Marie to be around. It's a very unhealthy and destructive relationship for Marie. Get help girl, now, run don't walk to the mental health experts!
My relative has BPD . . . Marie does not.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
1. She has a limited budget. That's fairly evident.
2. She probably lacks the time to source her ingredients from different suppliers locally (also see 1. above).
3. She speaks little or no French at all so shopping in the supermarket is easy. No personal contact necessary.
4. Markets open early in France and close up around midday. If MarIE is serving and clearing breakfast AND dog walking AND being at the gruesome twosomes beck and call she has no chance of getting there.
5. She lacks confidence to shop "outside the box" (also see 3. above).
6. Despicable fanny may have entrusted her with the shithole debit card, and with a spend limit, the hence making supermarket shopping easy. Local producers and markets stall holders still like their payment in éspeces - filthy lucre, hard cash.
7. Her menus are safe, no having to source exotic ingredients (also see 5 above).
8. She uses cookery books and recipe cards, probably in English, and shops safe where she knows she can get all the ingredients. She doesn't have the nouce or experience to swap out ingredients and swap up flavours. And neither will she ever.
Addendum: Fanny expects filet mignon on a hoof's budget and she expects Marie to wiz up something extraordinary à la Japanese Kaiseki.
Remember Marie went to culinary school - I wonder when her breeches are going to be too small.... :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Stephanie “poor mouths“ and has always dishonestly concealed wealth and disingenuously and intentionally pled poverty to grift millions of dollars/ euros and gifts from viewers and patrons, many whom are on fixed incomes. Even prior to the youtube and the mismanaged Patreon windfall, she had dishonestly told lies, exaggerated her financial situation, and played the poor little orphan princess to get gifted foods, luxury vacations, clothing, presents, money and exploited volunteer organizations for se partners and illegally worked volunteers in her B and B, in violation of the organizational rules, exploited contractors to get cheaper rates for additional work for free, etc. It has always been her way of life,

The term for this is poor mouth, which, according to the dictionary, is defined as “unjustified complaining, esp to excite sympathy.” (According to a translation of Flann O’Brien’s classic novel The Poor Mouth, in Gaelic and Old Irish “ ‘putting on the poor mouth’ means making a pretense of being poor or in bad circumstances in order to gain advantage.”) We poor-mouth when we labor to prove (sometimes to ourselves) that life is harder than it really is.

Look at a few other examples of crap she spews to pretend to be poor.

Saving Where I Can
More often than not, wealthy individuals talk about saving money as if it’s just a leisure-time activity. They would say something like, “I just like to save money where I can.” according to one forum commenter. For the working class, it isn’t a choice to pinch every penny; it’s more about survival, not a preference. So, when you hear someone talk about saving money as if it were an optional hobby, that’s actually a concealed display of privilege.Finally, someone said, “Talking about saving money as if it’s optional. “I just like to save money where I can.” If you’re working class, it’s not about preference. It’s about survival.”

People’s Faces Are a Tell
Someone suggested that Influencers (especially) and celebrities try to throw you some poverty sob story for PR, and they don’t realize that there’s a “wealth face.”

“They’ll try to talk to you about growing up in “the ghetto” with a tragic past, but at the same time, they will have their teeth straight and pearly white, all in a neat row.” It’s a prime example of rich people pretending to be poor.

Stephanie Jarvis, with multiple closets packed full of designer clothing on two continents, high maintenance blonde hair styled at the Dump, weekly in Dump massages, tens of thousands of dollars of fillers, Botox, hundreds of necklaces, dozens of gemstone rings and earrings, $600 candles, several thousabds of euros in designer bedding, and years of luxury worldwide travels, and more crowns than the queen of England, pretended to be poor, to ebeg money from pensioners.

Recall that millionaire Mummy, with many real estate investment properties, married millionaire Percy ( who allegedly paid for a portion of the new apartment at the dump), and pretended to be too poor to be able to afford a lawnmower so viewers would pay to buy her a new, luxury, lawnmower, that she proudly showed off on video. WTF! She also was an active member of abusing volunteers who came to the dump, working them for too many hours for the for-profit bed and breakfast, treating them poorly, and feeding them prison ration food. Isabel, with her ice buckets full of jewelry, is still playing poverty today, as she comments, thank you for your support, if you were to have been duped into donating money to a family of millionaires. Disgusting.

Thrifting
Second-hand clothes and thrifting made the list of rich people pretending to be poor. One woman explained that since thrifting’s become trendy, a bunch of new “second-hand vintage” stores have opened in her super expensive city. Secondhand designer clothes costing hundreds and even thousands of dollars for Stephanie Jarvis? Then the newly engaged little orphan princess went to the local charity shop and purchased a 10 euro dress to wear repeatedly on video on a five star luxury sexcation with her fellow grifter and co-owner, Potts.

Jeans With Holes (Snorty’s jeans with holes.)
Many were astonished about people buying jeans with holes already in them and suggested it as an example of the rich pretending to be poor. Someone confessed they finally had to sew up a hole in their denim after twelve years of wear.

Discussing Economy Class
Finally, someone suggested when people travel and feel the need to express that they flew economy class. It’s a giveaway because the economy is the default, so nobody says they “flew economy” unless they have money.

Recall that Stephanie Jarvis has been to Egypt no less than three times, Hong Kong, several times, Finland, Scotland several times, has been on over 20+ luxury safaris in South Africa, been to Venice over a dozen times, India, Portugal, Greece, and has vacationed in pretty much every country in this world. She traveled nonstop for decades prior to starting her YouTube channel. She hid her travels at the beginning of her YouTube channel because of the pandemic restrictions.

Recall how Stephanie loved to tell stories about people leaving food for her at the dump so she wouldn’t starve. She also claimed that she lived at the dump all by herself with no one else in the property for years on end. Untrue. She also took credit for starting the bed-and-breakfast when it was the two former caretakers, who actually did all the work to start the business. Recall that she was too cheap to turn the heat on in the winter at the dump but instead claimed that she just couldn’t afford it And was forced to strap on hot water bottles in an effort to keep herself warm. Bullshit.

Bragging About Struggles
“A person shared, “People who say they’re stressed about finances and how little their job/work pays them, yet come in every day with a cup of Starbucks and buy their lunch.”

Another person wrote, “When people complain about not having enough savings/money in general because they spend all of their money on going out and traveling.”

Inexpensive Looking Car
Stephanie play this game with Marie’s old Ford fiesta with the ceiling lining hanging down until she gave it up to play a new game, look at the luxury Porsche, that we are borrowing bullshit.

Traveling While Claiming Constraints
Hiding Rich Background
Oversharing Hardship Stories
Downsizing Wealth
Exaggerating Inconveniences
Concealing Lavish Vacations …. Before starting Patreon account…. did not reveal the extent of her worldwide travels.
Frugality Pretense. One comment was, “People on LinkedIn who brag about being humble because “they still shop at Target” as if that’s not an expensive store.”Emmaus anyone?

Even Marie Antoinette, admired by Stephanie Jarvis, played the poverty game.

For Marie Antoinette, the last queen of France before the Revolution, it goes without saying that she was wealthy, extremely wealthy. She was known for her opulent lifestyle; she spent an estimated 20,000 a day on her attire. Near the tail end of her reign, Marie Antoinette built “La Hameau de la Reine” or “The Little Hamlet.” She hired workers to make a modest village right in her backyard. There were a total of five buildings, which created a small, idyllic French village for the queen, complete with real goats and sheep. Of course, Marie did not include the starvation, disease, and filth present in the authentic peasant villages of France.

Allegedly, Marie often felt trapped by the “restraints” of French society. When it was all too much for her, she would change from her royal garments to a plain muslin dress and go to her “village.” After milking cows, playing dress up, and petting the animals with other court members, Marie would eventually return to her “very” difficult royal life. On the whole, this feels like something that only the most tasteless, out-of-touch, spoilt rich people would do. That’s because it is. But we don’t have to go that far back in time to see this happening.

In 2018, Kim Kardashian did a photoshoot where she wore a milkmaid outfit and frolicked in a field. It’s eerily similar to Marie Antoinette’s antics, in that it is nauseating, repulsive, nightmarish, and predictable. In addition, the luxury brand, Balenciaga, sold dirty shoes with holes for the affordable price of $2000. Golden Goose adopts a similar approach, selling already dirty, broken-in shoes for anywhere from $545 to $2275. Similarly, the retail giant, Urban Outfitters, has categorized their targeted customer as an “upscale homeless person.”

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Hmmmm….Fanfan and Grahnt , from their aurora borealis shots were simultaneously tiptoeing around the chateau grounds at 1.30 am, with damp slippers and flimsy 100 stars robe. Hmmmmmm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Are they holding back because of a grand reveal for the TV programme? The unveiling of their palatial new hen house, complete with central heating, hot and cold running water, gold plated taps, toile wallpaper, and expensive panelling? A project that Amaury has been secretly working on? A miniature model of LaLande?

Either that, or they are frantically scouring Europe searching for lookalike chickens to take the place of the slaughtered flock. A bit like you do with your kid's dead goldfish or hamster...
One job I had, rather short lived…my boss had a rather ‘ special ‘ son, he was a nightmare he would come into the office and start photocopying crisp packets!
Anyway, they bought him a hamster for Christmas. Unfortunately they were doing ‘ tricks’ with the hamster running up his Daddy’s sleeve and guess what, the poor thing suffocated. No shops open 🙄😂 they had a dreadful couple of days until the pet shop re opened.
Fanny ‘ slippers ‘ are the pair of Gucci? lobster mules that she had already ruined . I forget how expensive they were.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
One job I had, rather short lived…my boss had a rather ‘ special ‘ son, he was a nightmare he would come into the office and start photocopying crisp packets!
Anyway, they bought him a hamster for Christmas. Unfortunately they were doing ‘ tricks’ with the hamster running up his Daddy’s sleeve and guess what, the poor thing suffocated. No shops open 🙄😂 they had a dreadful couple of days until the pet shop re opened.
Fanny ‘ slippers ‘ are the pair of Gucci? lobster mules that she had already ruined . I forget how expensive they were.
…. Now that’s what I call a story.

Not the usual tit that I tend to post here.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I missed the comma when I first read this 😳😂
---
Reading some of the recent comments here I am beginning to think I am spoilt, and so wish I could share my riches with you all. I am currently staying within easy distance of two superb independent butcher's shops. There used to be just one, but the bosses fell out and they each have their own shop now in neighbouring villages in Scotland. They source all their meat, fruit and vegetables from local farmers. They have very few items on display in their small shops. When you ask for something they bring the carcass, or part of the carcass, out from the meat stores at the back and prepare your order on their huge butcher's block right in front of you. There is no part of the animal that you cannot buy. I saw mention here of breast of lamb (lamb flank), any kind of offal, and especially lamb hearts - all are available. They will cut it, bone it, roll it, flatten it - whatever you want, however you want it. They will also tell you the name and address of the farmer that raised the animal or grew the fruit and veg.

Before I moved here I had become increasingly frustrated about the amount of natural fat that was being removed from meat before it was sold in the supermarkets. I know it is the trend, but I don't like it, I think it affects the flavour, and I don't believe that it is bad for me in moderation. My butchers know my preference and will always leave some fat or rind on if I ask for it. I eat meat often, together with a lot of fish (we also have a fresh fish shop nearby and a man who comes directly from the coast with the catch of the day in his specially refrigerated van!) The prices are, of course, higher than the town supermarkets, but the benefits are, I believe, well worth it.

It's such a shame that I am not a particularly good cook, but I do enjoy my food cooked from fresh and with knowledge of its provenance. I love to read the recipes on tattle and I imagine you all with your beautifully laid tables and perfectly cooked exciting and exotic meals, as I eat off a tray on my knees whilst watching Bourbon Street live webcam on my laptop :ROFLMAO:. It's only temporary, and I will be moving back to civilization again soon, but I will certainly miss the lovely fresh food here in this little corner of Scotland.
I live on a tiny Scottish Island and can vouch the fresh meat and fish here is expensive but fabulous. Languastines, scallops and fish delivered to the door, a local baker specialising in sourdough brownies and pastrys left in a little pink shed with an honesty box, obviously our own whisky. (and gin) I do miss takeaways a little and I go to the mainland occasionally for a supermarket shop, to buy good wine and pasta. Overall I spend less as I cook from scratch. When in England I will be fully embracing the bad stuff including KFC and kebabs 😳🙂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I don’t know how many of you follow
Chateau de la ruche on Instagram. The complete opposite of the farmhouse in every way.
Oh gorgeous, absolutely charming. Ima going to start watching. I only watch Dan's and Fanny's because it's hilarious (in a bad way)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.