The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't said but I have been on holiday in France for several weeks. The rain has been horrendous. This last month I have been fairly close to Fanny and her crew of misfits. The ground is saturated and water is running fast still in all the streams and drains. So she could have got her feet wet.

If it helps with plotting timelines, the past 4/5 days have been sunny and warm but this afternoon is back to thundery rain. The forecast for the next week across the whole region is for rain and more rain plus fairly moderate temperatures. So if she is mincing around the garden in the sunshine you will know it is old footage.
Yep our weather over the West side is rain all next week. It was 27 here yesterday, bloody cold and wet today.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I did absent myself to the kitchen, the lady I was sitting next to is Zimbabwean and an ex-farmer. She takes no prisoner and said she couldn't participate in this kind of conversation!
One of the amusing things to happen was the vegetarian ate the fish curry, I had made little individual Dahl bowls to accommodate her! When I see what is available fresh in the area the dump is in, I could cry with frustration. How lovely to have a big basket of fresh strawberries, I have to make do with frozen berries for puddings. This time I made good old Summer pudding with gluten free bread- of course. The fruit oozed out and was topped with a dollop of cream and juice from the fruit.
Oh, to have oodles of fresh berries and poor old Marie makes pavlovas.
Summer puuuuuuuuuuuuuuudding-g-g, I'm cryin' here.
Fish curry.
Individual dahls.
What a delightful lunch, I'm feeling the food love all the way over here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Fanny jumping on bandwagons:
  • Barbie movie
  • American Thanksgiving
  • Tuesday Tacos
  • Buying designer clothes and handbags
  • Beachy waves
  • Cat eye makeup
  • Christian Louboutin stilettos
and now...
  • Aurelia borealis!
What's next?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I haven't said but I have been on holiday in France for several weeks. The rain has been horrendous. This last month I have been fairly close to Fanny and her crew of misfits. The ground is saturated and water is running fast still in all the streams and drains. So she could have got her feet wet.

If it helps with plotting timelines, the past 4/5 days have been sunny and warm but this afternoon is back to thundery rain. The forecast for the next week across the whole region is for rain and more rain plus fairly moderate temperatures. So if she is mincing around the garden in the sunshine you will know it is old footage.
Scorpio, thank you for the weather update-very helpful. Is there any chance you could pop by Fanny’s and get some pictures of the orange fencing and shipping containers. Better yet, pop in an ask to see the chapel so you can pick out the paaaarfect spot for the tattle star! ⭐🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 33
IMO, Marie has Borderline Personality Disorder and needs professional help. She's impulsive, moody, quick to anger, disassociates herself from reality, can't be alone for long, etc. Until she address her problems she will just be stuck in a vicious cycle of codependency, hence her staying at the dump with Fanny. Due to her disorder, she's incapable of being passionate about anything. She's not passionate about flowers - doesn't know a daffodil from a lilly. She's not passionate about food obviously. Unfortunately, Fanny probably has one of the worst personalities, narcissism, for Marie to be around. It's a very unhealthy and destructive relationship for Marie. Get help girl, now, run don't walk to the mental health experts!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Scorpio, thank you for the weather update-very helpful. Is there any chance you could pop by Fanny’s and get some pictures of the orange fencing and shipping containers. Better yet, pop in an ask to see the chapel so you can pick out the paaaarfect spot for the tattle star! ⭐🤩
Could you also check on the chickens, Ruby and Leftalot’s weeping eyes while you’re at the dump! Merci! ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
After at @Pekey comment re the boxes in corridor I fast forwarded to the section in video. OMG/JMJ! 66 - 67 boxes of books, weighing up to 15 kilos (as per Grant’s comment).

Grant has packed her father’s art books (I thought they were not going to be packed). So a maximum estimate of up to 1000 kilos (1 tonne!) of books which aren’t looked at, dusted or ownership remembered. I just can’t fathom this.

How on earth are they going to get these down stairs? They don’t even own a hand trolley. I remember a guest/patron gifted Amaury 2 small wheeled platform trolleys for moving furniture.

Grant insist Stephanie hire conveyer belts to transport them down the stairs. When Stephanie said a ‘team of us’ is needed she means a team of you…and your daughter.
They simply needs a shoot like Billster bought for his Convent, Come On Grant just stack empty boxes in container Fanny will be non the wiser and in
Years to come when or if she looks just claim that mice must have eaten the books but the cardboard boxes are rodent resistant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Yep our weather over the West side is rain all next week. It was 27 here yesterday, bloody cold and wet today.
Here too. It rained earlier this week then nice Friday, Saturday and today. It did rain in the night last night. And no Aurora borealis for me 😌 Only a slight show in the region last night. Doubt they'll be anything tonight with the cloud coming in.

I do wonder if Despicable fannys light show is a ruse to garner attention and drum up more business. Sad isn't it, she can't be trusted with the truth on anything. Like the little boy who cried wolf.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
They simply needs a shoot like Billster bought for his Convent, Come On Grant just stack empty boxes in container Fanny will be non the wiser and in
Years to come when or if she looks just claim that mice must have eaten the books but the cardboard boxes are rodent resistant.
IMG_1827.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Foxes can climb up fences and jump pretty high.
I think it was Ratso. Hens can die of fight/ heart attack. We have seen Ratso chase the peacocks.
If Pavlina or Curtsey clipped a wing then unlike the peacocks the hens would be unable to fly away.

I do think Fanny would say if it were a fox.
im waiting for the ‘pine martens’ vlog. Even the rabid fans are commenting.
She must say something soon surely 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I thought of FRK @billybudd when I went for my Saturday visit to Emilio (the guy who sells produce from the back of his truck on the weekends.) He's from Mexico, and while his English is perfect, makes me converse in Spanish (once he learned I lived in Mexico and can speak his dialect, he insists I should be speaking it more often.) Thanks to Emilio and our shared camaraderie, I learned where the legit Mexican restaurants and bodegas are. Today's find at his stand (because every week is different, based on what is in season)- tomatoes, Mexican zucchini (ZOMG- so different than regular cougettes!), corn (the corn is so sweet right now), tomatillos, peppers, citrus, melons, onions... "Where do these beautiful oranges come from?" "South America." A few weeks ago, he had local honey, and it was pretty phenomenal- I have already gone through half a jar! At Casa de T Rex, we are living our best lives- for $20, we get an abundance of amazing produce every week (I usually snap a pic and send it to my mum, as she is jelly), and don't eat the same thing day after day. I buy my meats from the butcher and restaurant supply chain store as well (better quality & prices), and we are sorted. When a new "Food & Wine" magazine arrives, Mr. T Rex will put a sticky note on a page of a dish he wants me to make- we are always up to try something new.

I jest that if the world falls apart, we will not starve at Casa de T Rex, but there is truth to that. I can make a delicious meal out of literally anything. But I am no chef- just a home cook, creative eater, but I will claim "Yachtie Chef" as my own, since I own a yacht, provision and cook aboard. And rest assured, because I detest Pavlova, there will certainly be none of that! Egg whites belong in a sad omelette or in an angel food cake.

Also this week and last, at our local Sam's Club, raspberries (Driscoll's at that!) were like $3 for a double pack. Sorry folks, nothing to see here- I consumed the last double container in 4 days, and am now halfway through the latest one (purchased yesterday.)
So much soulful cooking and thinking going on here.
@T Rex and other farmers’ market denizens, do you think Marie’s addiction to the supermarket is a symptom of her ill-informed notion of what’s Klassy? She thinks shopping at the supermarket is Klassy, whereas shopping among the honest farming peasants is way too close to one’s own origins? And that one can always be sure the sous vide duck from the supermarket is Klassier than the fermiere wife pate and fresh farm cheese? Or Romain Moreau’s tomato concasse, make from his own tomatoes in his own kitchen in Crozon sur Vauvre?
Also, one might fear the farmers’ market because one doesn’t know what they’re selling, one doesn’t speak French, one might Make The UnKlassy Choice.
I’m going to keep observing her desire to transform delinquent ingredients into That Which They Are Not, a smear of pureed broccoli under a block of potato terrine with egg white extruded from a pastry bag on top. I think I see the point of the broccoli puree schmear — to add a layer of flavor to a composed and unified dish. But I am actually doubtful and don’t know any eater who thinks an unavoidable layer of, say, broccoli flavor on a pork and scallop dish is an addition to the experience. I think a lawyer or a scholar of fascist rhetoric would call it spurious.
I can’t think of any circumstance under which I’d choose to eat pureed broccoli. The textures, including the peeled stalk, which I learned from my Sicilian MIL, are so very much part of the pleasure of eating it. Soup, maybe. Trying to get picky little children to eat it, soup for sure.
The lengths to which one would go for the really sexy ingredient, whether strawberries of the moment, or Spanish lessons with your Turmeric Man (you go, T Rex). It takes some knowledge of the world to get a thrill from the $20 veg haul and the restaurant supply meat haul. I have a supermercado near me where Mexican ingredients and vibe — canned JuMex guava nectar, I love it — are available. One thing they have the wypipo store doesn’t have is weird meat, which I love and cherish, from feet to kidneys and heart, as well as a pound of ham scraps from the deli, real ham for soup and beans. Ditto bacon scraps. There are people I love who wouldn’t be caught dead there, among them rednecks fearful of chile. Not going there. Even they are converting and now sometimes have carne adobada for breakfast.
Maybe we can have world peace after all.
So here's my absolutely killer very best Mexican cooking tip of all time, I think it's Diana Kennedy.
Squeeze a fresh orange over your tomato salsa.
And this. Chamoy is your friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sometimes husbands are dicks.🤷‍♀️
Exactly This! I’ll share and tell ya all something that’s worked for me. The husband, who is a bit older, feeling his age i assumed, was becoming a negative old fart. Retired, a bit bored, and as Jules said, flexing his new persona, as a major dick. Nothing physically wrong with him at all, he works out daily, is very fit and healthy. I, however, was an easy target. He enjoyed giving me the business in public too. I was mortified, embarrassed and stopped going places with him.

Anyway, I slowly discontinued all the ‘perks’ he had gotten so used to and apparently took for granted. At one point, i pulled out the big guns and completely stopped cooking. Told him I’m done, that I, too, am now retired. You can figure it out, you’re a big boy, you know where the fridge is. His face went white, He was in complete shock that i would go this far. Well, full disclosure, a few other things were no longer on his table as well.

Old dude got the message, don’t ever disrespect me, attempt to demoralize or intimidate me again. Didn’t take long, a few weeks, and he changed his ways. We now have a new understanding, basically, don’t ever treat me like 💩 again. Luckily for him he hasn’t been a dick in months. I now cook, but only occasionally. Truth be told, I really wanted to forego that task for ages.

Anyway, hope this anecdote might help in some small way.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
So much soulful cooking and thinking going on here.
@T Rex and other farmers’ market denizens, do you think Marie’s addiction to the supermarket is a symptom of her ill-informed notion of what’s Klassy? She thinks shopping at the supermarket is Klassy, whereas shopping among the honest farming peasants is way too close to one’s own origins? And that one can always be sure the sous vide duck from the supermarket is Klassier than the fermiere wife pate and fresh farm cheese? Or Romain Moreau’s tomato concasse, make from his own tomatoes in his own kitchen in Crozon sur Vauvre?
Also, one might fear the farmers’ market because one doesn’t know what they’re selling, one doesn’t speak French, one might Make The UnKlassy Choice.
I’m going to keep observing her desire to transform delinquent ingredients into That Which They Are Not, a smear of pureed broccoli under a block of potato terrine with egg white extruded from a pastry bag on top. I think I see the point of the broccoli puree schmear — to add a layer of flavor to a composed and unified dish. But I am actually doubtful and don’t know any eater who thinks an unavoidable layer of, say, broccoli flavor on a pork and scallop dish is an addition to the experience. I think a lawyer or a scholar of fascist rhetoric would call it spurious.
I can’t think of any circumstance under which I’d choose to eat pureed broccoli. The textures, including the peeled stalk, which I learned from my Sicilian MIL, are so very much part of the pleasure of eating it. Soup, maybe. Trying to get picky little children to eat it, soup for sure.
The lengths to which one would go for the really sexy ingredient, whether strawberries of the moment, or Spanish lessons with your Turmeric Man (you go, T Rex). It takes some knowledge of the world to get a thrill from the $20 veg haul and the restaurant supply meat haul. I have a supermercado near me where Mexican ingredients and vibe — canned JuMex guava nectar, I love it — are available. One thing they have the wypipo store doesn’t have is weird meat, which I love and cherish, from feet to kidneys and heart, as well as a pound of ham scraps from the deli, real ham for soup and beans. Ditto bacon scraps. There are people I love who wouldn’t be caught dead there, among them rednecks fearful of chile. Not going there. Even they are converting and now sometimes have carne adobada for breakfast.
Maybe we can have world peace after all.
So here's my absolutely killer very best Mexican cooking tip of all time, I think it's Diana Kennedy.
Squeeze a fresh orange over your tomato salsa.
And this. Chamoy is your friend.
Aww now you've made me recall my mum and some of her best "peasant" type foods. One of my favorites was her slow cooked stuffed lambs heart. It was a real treat because locals in Belfast wouldn't buy them so the butcher practically gave them to her and that meant a whole each 😋. I also used to love the pigs feet Dad would bring home wrapped in newspaper, even the grisly crunchy bits - maybe I'm weird lol. I don't get either of those now but i do buy ham hocks especially for soups and stews etc. Hmmm now you have me wondering if I could recreate my mum's slow cooked hearts 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
firstly, I am so sorry you are going through this, it sucks.

question, how is his heart health? My Dad turned into a raging douchecanoe out of nowhere, Turns out it was a desperate need for stints. As soon as he had them, he was back to being the sweet man we know and love.

• Heart
  • Wow
Look how Fanny brown noses her Pateons. She marks the comment with a heart (can't see it in this cut & paste jobbie) and Mummy (allegedly), joins in. No other likes or comments on any other message, just this one.

They certainly know how to manipulate and keep them sweet. She'll do anything to keep the money rolling in :

1 day ago
Thank you Stephanie I am one of your patrons from California. I love your blogs. I have a 7 year old daughter and because of your blogs I am able to show her a different culture. She thinks of you as part of our family. We will go to a store and she will say Stephanie will like that. She has learned so much. In the future we hope to stay at the Chateau.

View attachment 2930923

View attachment 2930924
@isabellejarvis7805
1 day ago
Thank you for your support.
IT'S . A . VLOG!!
(not a blog)

That is all

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Happy Mothers Day to the Aussies , USA and I think NZ??

I am off to my daughters for Afternoon Tea made by my grand daughter. :) she is 13.
Food cooked by other people, especially granddaughters, is the very best food of all. Keep us posted.
---
@mrsp67 while I’ve never been married, much less had a successful longterm relationship I do have a few insights into men. As a gentleman of a certain age I began going through andropause in my late 40’s escalating into my early 50’s. It’s also called age related low testosterone. My symptoms were very similar to what you are describing. Short tempered to the point of viciousness, belittling, frustrated, distractible and quite a bit scared. For me the personality changes were confusing and frightening. I also noticed physical changes, some involving the act of sex itself, some just bodily changes. And the hot flashes, dear God, the hot flashes. How you ladies manage that I’ll never know. I think your husband comes from a very macho culture. If so,he’s probably terrified and that will add fuel to the fire. Not all men go through this. I have a terrific care team and both my primary care and urologist did not recommend HRT for men as it often worsens the symptoms, not to mention causing health complications. They still sent me to an endocrinologist, who confirmed the diagnosis and also recommended against it. The best advice I got was to wait it out and let my hormone levels readjust. Once I was on the other side of the process, my symptoms resolved and most of the behaviors reverted to normal. I am still more short tempered and my filters are absolutely shot, but I’ve learned to stop and take a deep breath before responding. That said, if he is indeed going through andropause that’s still no excuse for his behavior. Most men are loathe to get medical help for the simplest of things, much less something they might see as embarrassing. He will probably need to be coaxed into going. I’m not a prayer personally. In this instance I have asked my church prayer chain across the Gulf Coast and up the Eastern Seaboard to put out a request. Even my humanist group is asking for good vibes for you. I hope this helps and you get the best possible outcome to your challenges. This poisonous troll will be here if you need any more support.
You really are the nicest man, twinbie. I smootch you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.