The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wish I could bake you a cake. šŸŽ‚
A beautiful one that tastes delicious because you deserve that.
Aww thank you! Funny the things you remember when something comes up on here...
---
@Mr Magoo, @Imperious Me, one reason I don't have a sweet tooth is because my birthday happens between Christmas and New Year, when no one wants a party in or outdoors. I like no birthday party now better than I did then.
But no one should go without cake, silly wabbit.
This coffee cake, not very sweet but scrumptious, is my favorite. The recipe is so good they put it in the NYT obituary of its creator, Marion Cunningham. She offers variations:
-- add 5 t vanilla;
-- or 3/4 c (75 g) @ currants and sultanas;
-- apples/walnuts;
-- toasted almonds, figs.
Have a slice with the very best cup of coffee you can find. My best home brew is drip Cafe Bustelo with hot whole milk.
Many happy returns of a good day to you both.
ooh thank you! I will give it a whirl... Sounds delicious!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Not to be a Debbie Downer on all their hard work, but how the heck does anyone get in or out of that bath? There's a slope on the back, a step in the way the only place you can get in, do you hang onto the glass? God help anyone losing their balance! :rolleyes: View attachment 2923544
You'd be surprised at some of the crap bathroom ideas people have, Mr Spratt's seen a lot of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I am working on something, researching the differences (and similarities) between Millennials, Gen Xers and Boomers for a work project- I myself am considered a Boomer because of the year I was born, 1963.

Here's the thing I'm finding, though - because my formative childhood years were spent during the official Gen X years, I am really considered much more of a Gen Xer than a Boomer. I would guess you are in the same boat as I am! Anyone born from 1960-1964 would have much more in common experientially with Gen Xers than they would with Boomers, whose childhoods were in the 1940's or 1950's. Without going into a bunch of detail, I will say that my own experience and concerns when compared to those of my husband's, who is only 5 years older than I (and fits a Boomer to a T, much to his chagrin), find us very far apart on certain topics, even though we share the same basic ideologies.
I am close to the youngest of my substantial cousin group, of the two dozen or so only baby brother and one other are younger. Itā€™s obvious where we fall too just by our behavior. Iā€™m very self sufficient and hands on, yet nonchalant about accomplishing any type of ā€œadultingā€. I can dig a latrine, plant, harvest and preserve a garden, hunt, dress and smoke a deer and make pretty good boudin. If itā€™s time to renew a driverā€™s license, my federal ID, car tags Iā€™ll forget until the last minute. It used to make my parents bonkers. I value experiences and memories over possessions. Baby brother is the epitome of the Reagan era me generation. Success is measured by ā€œstuffā€ and the bank balance. I just donā€™t function like that. But Iā€™m also very Capricorn. Get in my way and Iā€™ll head butt you off a cliff!šŸ˜

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I was thinking, I know thats dangerous,but maybe there is no patreon video because Tuffti is away from Tattler and we wonā€™t have an upload. Stephanieā€™s thinking of us isnā€™t she sweet šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I am close to the youngest of my substantial cousin group, of the two dozen or so only baby brother and one other are younger. Itā€™s obvious where we fall too just by our behavior. Iā€™m very self sufficient and hands on, yet nonchalant about accomplishing any type of ā€œadultingā€. I can dig a latrine, plant, harvest and preserve a garden, hunt, dress and smoke a deer and make pretty good boudin. If itā€™s time to renew a driverā€™s license, my federal ID, car tags Iā€™ll forget until the last minute. It used to make my parents bonkers. I value experiences and memories over possessions. Baby brother is the epitome of the Reagan era me generation. Success is measured by ā€œstuffā€ and the bank balance. I just donā€™t function like that. But Iā€™m also very Capricorn. Get in my way and Iā€™ll head butt you off a cliff!šŸ˜
You sound a bit like me (although I can't say I can hunt or dig a latrine!) One of the most major arguments my husband and I have is the fact that just about anything I do of real importance gets done at the last minute. I don't really think I forget about doing it....I just don't feel like it's hugely important and as long as I get it done by the due date, I'm good. Who cares as long as I get it done on time, by the date I'm supposed to?

I'm a Capricorn, too, so I understand the head butting thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You sound a bit like me (although I can't say I can hunt or dig a latrine!) One of the most major arguments my husband and I have is the fact that just about anything I do of real importance gets done at the last minute. I don't really think I forget about doing it....I just don't feel like it's hugely important and as long as I get it done by the due date, I'm good. Who cares as long as I get it done on time, by the date I'm supposed to?

I'm a Capricorn, too, so I understand the head butting thing!
That made me laugh, GenX here too and Taurus with Capricorn ascendant. When I say I'll do something, I will but don't come and remind me or you'll get a lashing lol Oh and ofc I'm over the top stubborn goes with the Taurus traits it seems. šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
charlesknight4944
2 hours ago
Ahhh, i was hoping to catch a glimpse of phillips parents, especially his mother

@cameronaberdeenuk1260
7 hours ago
so glad that business is doing so well! Porsche - fancy that!

šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

@carolinegooder7091
5 hours ago (edited)
I think that is a friend's (Andrew) that they are driving temporarily.

@loulabelle4889
7 hours ago
Will you interview Philips parents - it would be interesting to see them and hear them answer your getting to know you questions we know your Isabelle, Percy, Chantal, Stephen, Amaury and Gerry

n_az6760
8 hours ago
Am I the only Patreon who cannot see a video from last weekend?

@ncnc2880
9 hours ago
The look on Phillips face when u said amazingly the water hasnā€™t breached my bootsā€¦.. I thought it might be the end of a beautiful relati9nship!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
No matter how much they try, and even if they spend some money on one nice item, like wallpaper, everything the Shrek's undertake looks cheap & ugly. They have no sense of function or form.
Agreed. 'They have no sense of function or form.' Or beauty. They have no frigging idea. The second bedroom offered to the caterers . . . my god it was basic . . . on par with a backpackers hostel room. Being a pair of tight arses doesn't help either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
charlesknight4944
2 hours ago
Ahhh, i was hoping to catch a glimpse of phillips parents, especially his mother

@cameronaberdeenuk1260
7 hours ago
so glad that business is doing so well! Porsche - fancy that!

šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

@carolinegooder7091
5 hours ago (edited)
I think that is a friend's (Andrew) that they are driving temporarily.

@loulabelle4889
7 hours ago
Will you interview Philips parents - it would be interesting to see them and hear them answer your getting to know you questions we know your Isabelle, Percy, Chantal, Stephen, Amaury and Gerry

n_az6760
8 hours ago
Am I the only Patreon who cannot see a video from last weekend?

@ncnc2880
9 hours ago
The look on Phillips face when u said amazingly the water hasnā€™t breached my bootsā€¦.. I thought it might be the end of a beautiful relati9nship!!
Fanny, please interview Philip's parents! I'd love to hear what your future in-laws have to say. :ROFLMAO:
While you're at it, it would be fascinating if you would interview your ex-husband and ex-inlaws too! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I never, ever had a cake as a child because my birthday was end of September so I wasn't given parties because it was too cold to host outside apparently šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø and you don't get a cake if there's no party. (according to my mum)
I have never been a fan of birthday cakes but for my 16th birthday when I had a party , I asked for a cheesecake and it came with candles. So happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
A list of every little thing Gooder has seen Snorts do over the past 3 years... albeit once in most cases.
Caroline says Philip cleans. Apart from running through the kitchen with the vacuum cleaner and drying dishes I have never seen him clean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Those Indian style curtains that Fanny bought from some auction, and was excited about and that Natty did not likeā€¦for the big room seem at odds with the period of panelling?
Lochie, Might you be referring to the FIVE pairs of BraqueniĆ© curtains that Stephanie Jarvis purchased at auction from De Baecque in Lyon nearly two years ago during the summer of 2022??? They were such a bargain! The hammer price of ā‚¬ 2,200 was only 3.6-times the high estimate. With buyers premium and online fees, Fanny paid ā‚¬ 2,783 for them.

Where are they now?

more curtains.JPG
DE BAECQUE, 7 juillet 2022, lot 122.JPG

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
You'd be surprised at some of the crap bathroom ideas people have, Mr Spratt's seen a lot of them.
E.g. the young couple on Villa Oliva. When I saw the inspiration pictures for their bathroom I thought, you are kidding. I appreciate that old homes do not have to be decorated in the period in which they were built but this was a step too far. A jungle theme . . . in a beautiful old Italian villa.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Do you want a filthy recap? It wonā€™t be enthusiastic. Theyā€™re at her crappy apartment (purchased by her parents for her to stay close to her grandmother šŸ™„) at the marina where she was supposed to meet a rich man.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
That has to be a filter? He can't have lost weight that fast. Can he?
Youā€™d be surprised at how many filters are available for that. If you watch the wider Petherickverse vlogs youā€™ll see them in the background looking there usual size. I believe France passed some laws requiring influencers of any kind to report any filters/editing used to enhance physical appearance.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Ah sorry... Manor & Maker.. @1:20
O.k, as a hair stylist I am kidnapping Fiona and getting rid of her atrocious hair color ( she needs a color correction badly! ) Or lets take it all the way to a lovely silver /grey so she doesn't have to battle her grey new growth anymore, AND some face enhancing glasses that are correct for her face shape!
For the ol' Fanny salivator.....CUT THE DAMN HAIR! Yee gads, man!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.