The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He looks like the f'ing Jolly Green Giant in this pic......
Looks like Feefs and Shrek must’ve gotten BOGO on their patented Turkish hair systems. Wtf 😳
---
If things don't work out with PhiPhi, Shrek is hoping to woo Fanny over with her favorite color -YELLOW! This is a depressing kitchen. View attachment 2923715
That yellow is an abomination. Who thought that was a good choice?!
It should be called Lost My Will to Live Lemon or We All Died in a Yellow Submarine or Bile Leave it Or Not.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
The Dutch
BTW, forgot to say... that's an epic road trip.
---

I think covid did us a favour with the kissing 😆 Yes, I do believe it is 4 over on most of the west. It's 2 here in the Aude but 3 in Pyrenees Orientals, Herault and Gard. It's 3 in the whole of Provence. The old Midi Pyrenees region is 2. And around Rheims is the only other place I know that does 4. Himself has always found the kissing thing awkward and only kisses really good friends but he says, and I quote, "I don't kiss blokes". Years ago I was once asked if kissing was done in England in greeting, to which I answered we brits don't kiss anyone in greeting and I don't even kiss my mother. To which they responded that they wish it could be more like that in France not realising I was joking!
The Dutch do it at least three times. Imagine having to do that with you know who!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I think something happened and it put FRK in a bad mood and I bet Fanny did it !
You can imagine what beautiful cakes old Fanny could have bought for her and she made that cow pat !!! 🐮:poop:
Thank you for saying that. She literally could not have made a more unattractive or flavorless cake. This is her MO.
And Marie was totally onto her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
He looks like the f'ing Jolly Green Giant in this pic......
I thought Shreks mother was in town.

Clueless.and no eye for design, but also cheapsters. That bath which is square ish 2000 and an oval 1970s wash basin . Why not get items from the same suite? A mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Smugtwat the ignorant who has no clue about etiquette suggests this jug that the Dresser bought would be good for red wine!?
Who believes that the rather tired looking tray that Fanny bought has hand painted flowers, not I.
It is going to be put into the container until…snort snort yes he does, the grand salon is finished. Fanny skittishly says it will be like Christmas unpacking everything.
Fortunately I have never experienced a Christmas of mouldy books , curtains, cracked china and warped furniture and panelling.

My thoughts are that Amoury has suggested putting the panelling for the big room in a damp container where vermin may trespass , as he will be sure that panelling is destroyed, and his purpose at the dump is removed.
What are the chances of Fanny actually packing any porcelain and glass carefully? With any luck, there may be quite a few breakages when they get stuff into and out of the containers. I somehow doubt if much will come out even in two years' time. It may well stay inside forever. Think of all the fabric; clothes, etc., that Fanny has stored, unused, and forgotten, some of it for almost twenty years.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Let's play a game...

Where's fanny and thrush?

Any patron flog yet? Last posted daily flog yesterday.

Stuart has made some IG dailies, and the Grasse rose festival will be starting in a day or 2. Will fanny and thrush be there?

Reactions: 22
carolinegooder7091
6 minutes ago
Stephanie said in a comment years ago that Philip's four main roles are filming, editing,

He holds a cell phone for a few minutes and rarely edits.

helping Natti with B&B administration work,

The Natzi would not want help from anyone and barely has enough work for herself to do.

and doing interior design work in the Chateau.

Design? Please. He has no knowledge, no skill and no taste. He decorates like an old sad drag queen on a slim budget.

He orders any stemware, plates, or things Marie needs for the B&B.

That would take 10-15 minutes a week.

He sets beautiful tables during the B&B season.

That would take 30 minutes twice a week. Hardly hard work.

Waits at the table, entertains guests including Chateau tours,

😝 😝

and driving them to do antique shopping.

That is done as a shopaholic not as an employee.

He paints ceilings, does wallpaper, does light electrical work, mends broken things including a sofa, cleans and cleans along with Natti, who follows behind Amaury vacuuming.

Utterly absurd!

He researches the Chateau architecture and knows where all the furniture is.

In other words, he looks at pictures in books.

He designed the crown molding for Marquis's setting room.

What a joke!

The gay fiancé is a useless, uneducated, straight for pay, drop-out, loser, sycophant. He is paid to agree with & kiss (figuratively) the ass of the chatelaine. On his days off, he goes to Paris’ bathhouses or to Grandpa John’s dungeon. Allegedly.
This would be paahfect to go on the new panelling for the Fuk tat room. Could you maybe write it in Mandarin?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@Mr Magoo, @Imperious Me, one reason I don't have a sweet tooth is because my birthday happens between Christmas and New Year, when no one wants a party in or outdoors. I like no birthday party now better than I did then.
But no one should go without cake, silly wabbit.
This coffee cake, not very sweet but scrumptious, is my favorite. The recipe is so good they put it in the NYT obituary of its creator, Marion Cunningham. She offers variations:
-- add 5 t vanilla;
-- or 3/4 c (75 g) @ currants and sultanas;
-- apples/walnuts;
-- toasted almonds, figs.
Have a slice with the very best cup of coffee you can find. My best home brew is drip Cafe Bustelo with hot whole milk.
Many happy returns of a good day to you both.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thank you @Lady Avonlea ♥for Ryan Hall on YT. Just had my friend telling me that they are still under warnings but the super cell past her in Joplin and touch down farther east. She's back in her house but her father will stay at her brother's place for the night.
---
@Mr Magoo, @Imperious Me, one reason I don't have a sweet tooth is because my birthday happens between Christmas and New Year, when no one wants a party in or outdoors. I like no birthday party now better than I did then.
This coffee cake, not very sweet but scrumptious, is my favorite. The recipe is so good they put it in the NYT obituary of its creator, Marion Cunningham. She offers variations:
-- add 5 t vanilla;
-- apples/walnuts;
Have a slice with the very best cup of coffee you can find. My best home brew is drip Cafe Bustelo with hot whole milk.
One of my boyfriends had his birthday on the 25th of Dec. And because of no party (for him specifically) and ofc everything was also closed. His family and mine made sure he had 2 presents from everyone, one for Xmas and one for his birthday proper. And ofc huge cakes as we were all family together (over 50 ppl). And my brother dated a girl that had her birthday on the 24th Dec too. (at the same time) lol I just remember that !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
No matter how much they try, and even if they spend some money on one nice item, like wallpaper, everything the Shrek's undertake looks cheap & ugly. They have no sense of function or form.
---
Terrible weather, storms, hail, wind and tornado's throughout the eastern US again today - please stay safe Tattlers.

Ryan Hall, Ya'll is a great source of current info.
Love Ryan Hall Y'all. Especially the storm chasers in real time. It has been wicked windy here today, thankfully I am not in tormado alley. We fet tons of snow dumped in the Winter, but no hurricaines or tornados. Prayers for all those in the path of the storms

• Heart
Reactions: 18
carolinegooder7091
6 minutes ago
Stephanie said in a comment years ago that Philip's four main roles are filming, editing, helping Natti with B&B administration work, and doing interior design work in the Chateau. He orders any stemware, plates, or things Marie needs for the B&B. He sets beautiful tables during the B&B season. Waits at the table, entertains guests including Chateau tours, and driving them to do antique shopping. He paints ceilings, does wallpaper, does light electrical work, mends broken things including a sofa, cleans and cleans along with Natti, who follows behind Amaury vacuuming. He researches the Chateau architecture and knows where all the furniture is. LOL He designed the crown molding for Marquis's setting room.
Chat GPT Gooder to the rescue. I’m waiting for her to fully evolve and her comments start “I hope this comment finds you well”.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If things don't work out with PhiPhi, Shrek is hoping to woo Fanny over with her favorite color -YELLOW! This is a depressing kitchen. View attachment 2923715
Yellow is a.tough color to make it nice. I like a nice white kitchen. Mine is duck white makes it feel fresh and clean and bright. The Everdeen chick just painted her dining room orange.. Ugh its on the same plain as yellow

• Heart
-- add 5 t vanilla;
-- apples/walnuts;
Oh my giddy aunt! Please tell me you weren’t born in 1964? If you were I’ve been looking for my long lost twin for years!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I just saw Terry Lalacelle using a jackhammer with some sort of espadrilles shoes ... bonkers ! :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
This would be paahfect to go on the new panelling for the Fuk tat room. Could you maybe write it in Mandarin?
Here's the translation into Mandarin.....
同性恋未婚夫是一个无用的、没有受过教育的、直接拿工资的、辍学的、失败者的、阿谀奉承的人。他被付钱来同意并亲吻(象征性的)腰带的屁股。休息日,他会去巴黎的浴室或约翰爷爷的地牢。据称。

Tóngxìngliàn wèihūnfū shì yīgè wúyòng de, méiyǒu shòuguò jiàoyù de, zhíjiē ná gōngzī de, chuòxué de, shībài zhě de, ēyú fèngchéng de rén. Tā bèi fù qián lái tóngyì bìng qīnwěn (xiàngzhēng xìng de) yāodài de pìgu. Xiūxí rì, tā huì qù bālí de yùshì huò yuēhàn yéyé dì dìláo. Jù chēng.

• Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 2923605

n_az6760
3 hours ago
Am I the only Patreon who cannot see a video from last weekend?

Louie122
1 hour ago
No, same here. I think there was no video yet

mypioneergirl
1 hour ago
I keep checking but nothing so far. Not even a hint of why. I hope everything is ok because I've been a patreon for 2 years and never experienced complete silence about it.

n_az6760
1 hour ago
@mypioneergirl Same here. And it's especially odd since the Chateau Diaries' daily videos are being posted regularly, and all looks well on those (which is good to see!)

View attachment 2923598

carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
I think that is a friend's (Andrew) that they are driving temporarily.

carolinegooder7091
44 minutes ago
Their car is in the shop. Andrew wanted his car looked after while he was traveling.

carolinegooder7091
6 minutes ago
Stephanie said in a comment years ago that Philip's four main roles are filming, editing, helping Natti with B&B administration work, and doing interior design work in the Chateau. He orders any stemware, plates, or things Marie needs for the B&B. He sets beautiful tables during the B&B season. Waits at the table, entertains guests including Chateau tours, and driving them to do antique shopping. He paints ceilings, does wallpaper, does light electrical work, mends broken things including a sofa, cleans and cleans along with Natti, who follows behind Amaury vacuuming. He researches the Chateau architecture and knows where all the furniture is. LOL He designed the crown molding for Marquis's setting room.
A list of every little thing Gooder has seen Snorts do over the past 3 years... albeit once in most cases.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Right back at ya! I fall into the last few days of the Boomer generation and the start of GenX. I weirdly have traits of both.
I am working on something, researching the differences (and similarities) between Millennials, Gen Xers and Boomers for a work project- I myself am considered a Boomer because of the year I was born, 1963.

Here's the thing I'm finding, though - because my formative childhood years were spent during the official Gen X years, I am really considered much more of a Gen Xer than a Boomer. I would guess you are in the same boat as I am! Anyone born from 1960-1964 would have much more in common experientially with Gen Xers than they would with Boomers, whose childhoods were in the 1940's or 1950's. Without going into a bunch of detail, I will say that my own experience and concerns when compared to those of my husband's, who is only 5 years older than I (and fits a Boomer to a T, much to his chagrin), find us very far apart on certain topics, even though we share the same basic ideologies.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.