The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But now it's back.....I can see it!
I thought Stephanie already gave out the dates? Or was that a fever dream?

ETA: Looks like she amended the second slide at the bottom with her email address to apply and an admonition to only apply if you meet the requirements. QUESTION: Does Marie meet all the requirements? Has she made lunch for 30-50 people?

View attachment 2895800

View attachment 2895801
I am so tempted to make up a CV, send it and see what kind of response I get!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I also found it ironic, as Fanny stated whilst eating her "yoghurt" (which she now enunciates in an affected manner) from an espresso cup (can this woman be any odder?) that Davy was leaving and both Snorts and Baghead Nick would be arriving. Either Davy changed the bed linens, cleaned the bedroom and bathroom (which is probable, as he seems the sort to do so), or Fanny just left it as is for Baghead Nick- it was really odd that it was not mentioned. If Davy did clean up after himself, you'd think she would have thanked him. Which was coincidental that she purchased sheets from Yves Delorme- do they even wash new sheets for the Shitoo, or do they just put them on the guest bed from the package? The Shitoo lot are a disgusting bunch!

If Fanny ever starts a musical troupe, they could be named "Fanny Flash and the Funky Bunch."
And their first album can include…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I am so tempted to make up a CV, send it and see what kind of response I get!
Unbelievable that stingy, greedy Stephanie pockets almost $400,000 yearly from Patrons ( $250 000 in her personal accounts) yet refuses to have the patrons day event catered or to pay for an extra cook for two days to feed the seven Patrons that will show up at the dump. That is just crazy. Stephanie need to crack open that wallet, let the moths fly out, and take some of her grifted funds to pay for a couple of decent meals for the people who contribute to her luxury lifestyle with no accountability. She needs to tell her broke ass stoneless brocante “ boyfriend” cast member to get off his ass, stop following his porcelain, and help Marie.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Unbelievable that stingy, greedy Stephanie pockets, almost $400,000 yearly from Patrons yet refuses to have the patrons day event catered or to pay for an extra cook for two days to feed the seven Patrons that will show up at the dump. That is just crazy. Stephanie need to crack open that wallet, let the moths fly out, and take some of her grifted funds to pay for a couple of decent meals for the people who contribute to her luxury lifestyle with no accountability. Tell your broke ass stoneless brocante “ boyfriend” cast member to get off his ass, stop following his porcelain, and help Marie.
But who would lead the historic tours of the chateau Dump? You know all the grannies adore him, he's so knowledgeable and talented.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Fanny, do those Yves Delorme sheets fit better than the bedspread and tablecloth+table skirt? Not that it matters since that bed is too small for the headboard and the bedspread. You need a larger bed & mattress, so you'll probably need larger bed sheets too.

Fanny, why do you keep throwing good money away on your terrible taste?

1714009710818.png
1714009724565.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Strange, I don't see it, but I admit I'm not very good in navigating IG.
I don't recall Fanny giving the dates, but I could be wrong.
It's in her daily reels, which a lot of people forget about. If someone hasn't posted any daily reels (which disappear in 24 hours) or you've already seen them, the place where you look will look as mine does here. If there's something to see there, the circle will be outlined with sort of a rainbow of purple, fuchsia pink, orange/yellow to let you know something is there to see. Just click on the icon where the arrow points to if you're curious.

1714010392554.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Fanny, do those Yves Delorme sheets fit better than the bedspread and tablecloth+table skirt? Not that it matters since that bed is too small for the headboard and the bedspread. You need a larger bed & mattress, so you'll probably need larger bed sheets too.

View attachment 2895815View attachment 2895816
I bet they never cleaned the bedspread. The table cover looks hilarious. They were too cheap to buy a shorter round table which accommodated the length of the matching table covering. The original white covering hanging out underneath the sloppily placed auction covering. It looks like tit. Fanny wouldn’t accept that table in her 5 star hotels she loves to frequent. The whole room wouldn’t be nice enough for the little orphan princess. The dirty daddy Derek painting really finishes off the brocante bordello theme of the Dump.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
For a minute I thought this was the backside of the Shitoo!!!
1714011581304.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I bet most every set of china/ porcelain owned by Stephanie and Snorty contain unacceptably high levels of lead.Look at this 2011 article about all the children who died of lead poisoning while making wedgewood in the 1800’s.

But before we become too enthusiastic about the entrepreneurial commercial ingenuity of Josiah Wedgwood, we need to take into account that the Wedgwood factories employed boys as young as eight years as assistants to "dippers" in the final process of applying a leaded glaze. The glaze contained lead oxide and lead carbonate, and any contact with the glaze during the manufacturing process resulted in absorption of lead into the body.

Nearly all these children suffered from serious lead poisoning, many of them died before adolescence, and those who did not die had serious neurological consequences. The common symptoms of workers in the Wedgwood factories were colic, convulsions, paralysis of the limbs, blindness, and general emaciation. With lower levels of lead absorption, the consequences for the developing brain of a child could be more subtle but still devastating, since lead is one of the most powerful neurotoxins known.”

Wedgwood started using a fritted glaze in the early 20th century, and that for the most part stopped the lead poisoning problem in their factories. As for antique Wedgwood, if you have any of it, the next time you sip tea out of an antique Wedgwood teacup, when you put the cup down on that pretty saucer you might give a thought to the eight-year-old boys who were poisoned in the dipping process. It's a story of teacups for royalty and tombstones for children. “

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
How many dishes with cracked glaze or chips have we seen Snorty use at the Dump?

Do you shop for vintage dishes at yard sales, flea markets and antique stores? Have you inherited your grandmother’s favorite china? If so, there are a few things to know about safely using them in your kitchen.

Lead has long been used in ceramic ware, both in glazes and in decorations. It gives a smooth, glasslike finish that makes the colors more intense and allows decorative patterns to show through the glaze. Many old china dishes and mixing bowls can contain lead, especially if they are bright colors and very decorative. The concern is the lead can leach from the dishes and is highly toxic to humans and pets. If the dishes are cracked, chipped or the glaze is wearing off, they should not be used to prepare or serve food.

There are different ways that lead can leach from the pottery or china. Heat, whether it is hot food served in the dish or heating a plate in the microwave, can increase the risk of lead leaching into the food

Also, high-acid foods served on these dishes may cause the lead to leach into the food. Some examples of high-acid foods include spaghetti sauce, salsa, soy sauce, orange juice, applesauce, coffee, tea, cola drinks and salad dressing.

Another safety tip is to not store food in the refrigerator on decorated plates. Doing so can impact the condition of the china, and significant temperature changes, such as cooling, may cause lead to leach into food.

Ingestion of lead, even small amounts at a time, causes it to accumulate in our bodies. Lead affects people of any age, but it is especially dangerous to children, pregnant women and unborn babies, causing profound and permanent adverse health effects, particularly affecting the development of the brain and nervous system.

There are some steps you can take to decrease lead exposure when serving food. Determine if your dinnerware is safe to use. Since 1971, the Food and Drug Administration established and began enforcing limits on leachable lead in ceramics and tableware. If you purchased your dishes after that and they are made in the USA, they are safe to use. If you are using dinnerware manufactured prior to 1971 or manufactured in another country, be sure there are no cracks, chips or damage to the glaze finish where lead can leach out, and look for a label that says it is safe for food use.

You

• Wow
Bossy witch 🤬😂😆
How FRK sees Patreon Days:

Vice reality (with the Selmar look alike- I know I posted it years ago, but it is still funny- Dan on guitar, Fanny in the tank top, Gerry in the Miami Jersey and Kat is the bald chick- oh, the nostalgia of Patreon Days past!):

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Didn’t Philip drive away to the Netherlands in the “borrowed” Porsche? He met up with Stephanie at the French heritage thingy and then put her shopping bags and his diaper bag in the back of a Kia.🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Let's recreate Fanny's Thrifty Day in London Town.

I call BS - I don't believe Fanny did all this in a single day, especially if she traveled by bus, as she said she did, for most of it. This itinerary would have included close to 4 hours travel time in a single day, plus all the filming.
  • Gets dressed, eats yogurt, bids Davy farewell
  • Walks to Angel Station
  • Travels on the 19 bus from Angel to Regent/Oxford Street (60 minutes travel time)
  • Visits Massimo Dutti store & tries on altered pants (and who knows what else)
  • Travels to St. John's Wood High Street by bus (30 minutes travel time)
  • Visits 4 charity shops
    • St. John's Hospice (tries on clothes and bought an orange cardigan)
    • Cancer Research UK (explores the clothing rails)
    • Oxfam (explores the clothing rails and purchased a book)
    • Shelter (explores the clothing rails
  • Travels back to Angel via bus (60 minutes travel time)
  • Changes clothes and does hair for the evening
  • Travels from Angel to Yves Delorme shop in Chelsea and picks up sheets
  • Travels from Chelsea to Ladbroke Hall in Notting Hill
  • Attends Patrimoine de France Evening Fundraiser at Ladbroke Hall
  • Travels with Snorty via car back to flat in Angel

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Wow. 28 year old “ boyfriend” Śnorts has 9 dinner plates $164.00 each,$1476.00 before taxes.
Snorts also has 9 matching pink Sevres plates $261.00, $2349.00 before taxes.

Bernardaud official website | Limoges porcelain since 1863

Look at the lead testing results on a dish by Bernardaud - high lead on decorated portions of plates.

• Wow
  • Angry

View attachment 2895815View attachment 2895816
There is so much that is wrong about that bed and irs new “royal” accoutrements. Not to mention the bedside table with an overskirt that’s too short.

The lights have always been too high and in quite the wrong position to be practical as bedside lights. Now there’s the added complication of needing to be a contortionist to get at the switch, as it lurks behind the bedhead.

And this, apparently, is luxury B&B accommodation!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
FRK, this is your chance! Tell Snorty that you cannot serve food on unsafe vintage plates with unsafe amounts of lead present, and get a plain set of plates that are lead free or guaranteed not to have

I bet most every set of old plates and the majority of new plates and serving platters and serving bowls purchased by Snorts have unacceptable levels of lead present or are in inappropriate condition to be used in case of lead leaching out ( crazed grazing, chips, cracks, etc.) This probably wipes out at least 50% of his china collection.

We haven’t even addressed the lead in his crystal stemware and barware collection.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.