The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Pencil Pine Principessa, post: 19149665, member: 328708"]
Shrek’s leer always looks like he’s breathing heavily, thinking unspeakable thoughts

Shudder 🤢 yes thank go he gave up the creepy cravat and dressing gown it always gave me wanna be hugh vibes

1714324852825.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I think I’m the only one in the world who hates lamb. I don’t like the smell. I don’t like the taste. I don’t like the texture. My husband is Middle Eastern and he loves the lamb, but I make him cook it on the barbecue grill. It is not smelling up my house.
Not a fan of lamb either, even when cooked to perfection. I am an adventurous eater and make food from around the world on the daily, but I do not enjoy the taste of 🐑 or mutton or goat.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I learned about the sacredness of fabric shears from the moment I entered the world! I have always hid mine from my husband and now I can't find them!

You're not alone. I have only had lamb a few times. Once I made shepards pie with ground lamb and it was awful, I threw it out. That was the first and last time I cooked with lamb. And I agree with you about the smell, I can't stand it. I don't like beef or wild game either. I'm a wimp when it comes to meat. Chicken and pork are my go tos.
My mother was not an adventurous cook until Emeril Lagasse / food network, mostly Italian American or meat & potato so I never had any fish lamb nor organ meat! For my wedding in Amman Jordan an entire lamb was bought and prepared including brains et. I ate salads in the garden for a week after!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Perhaps Fanny will not admit that she needs storage space for the chapel restoration to continue. Unbelievable that the stupid woman and her interior designer did not pack things up carefully PRIOR to work starting.

Several items dumped in the cow shed previously pictured here.
Those lamp sconces that the weirdo held up in the chapel seen here,she said were a gift.
Were those from the lady that had a clear out when Selmar took his camper to collect things?

They also kept all the downpipes and gutters from the chapel. Did they put new ones up when Daddy did the roof ?

I would also like a list of all the furniture and paucillin Snorts has bought and is kindly…lending the chateau.
Or is his buying stuff his way of paying his keep ?

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Is it that everyone else has got it wrong and Despicable fanny, and Thrush, are trailblazers...

No, I don't think so. But I'm sure they'll happily buy into this bullshit as an excuse to keep wearing the same clothes over and over and not bathe.

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Eeeewwwe utchy crutches 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I think I’m the only one in the world who hates lamb. I don’t like the smell. I don’t like the taste. I don’t like the texture. My husband is Middle Eastern and he loves the lamb, but I make him cook it on the barbecue grill. It is not smelling up my house.
You are not alone. I could never eat lamb in my life. Lamb are sort of a sacred animal to me, the animal I love and really connected with. Also, I agree, the smell of lamb cooking is awful. Lamb is the meat used in two of the most traditional Norwegian dishes («fårikål» and «pinnekjøtt» ) and I absolutely detest the smell of those dishes.

But I am vegetarian, have been strictly vegetarian for over 10 years now, but never ate much meat before stopping completely. Better say ”pescatarian“ as I eat fish here and there when I am not at home. Cod and sea bass mostly.

Even when I was a child and ate very few animals. Chicken, pork and beef, nothing else. No rabbits or ducks or turkeys or other wild animals. I couldn’t eat freshly murdered chicken from someone’s garden. I actually was a big hypocrite, I had to eat meat and fish that came as a package, filleted, from the supermarket. Never an identifiable meat source. I know I was a huge hypocrite and raised kids buying meat that didn’t look like animal… like already sliced steaks and pork loin. That is the past.

Today (since 2015) no meat is cooked in my home, the kids have moved out and my husband and I are nearly 100% vegan (damned those cheese) daughter is “truly“ vegetarian too (she doesn’t touch sea food) and I donate monthly to pig sanctuaries and other animal shelters that fight to protect the pigs, specially in pig farms, against the cruelty of the use of the cruel cages they are raised in.

• Heart
I learned about the sacredness of fabric shears from the moment I entered the world! I have always hid mine from my husband and now I can't find them!

You're not alone. I have only had lamb a few times. Once I made shepards pie with ground lamb and it was awful, I threw it out. That was the first and last time I cooked with lamb. And I agree with you about the smell, I can't stand it. I don't like beef or wild game either. I'm a wimp when it comes to meat. Chicken and pork are my go tos.
I went to the butchers for some lamb. I wanted to check it was British not NZ as it was in season.
He was always joking with customers and as I ran the china shop opposite at the time, he called me ‘ hello me old china’ as in china plate, mate…
Back to the lamb, I asked boldly where it was from he said the front legs were in England the back in Wales!

I love lamb…slowly cooked. I do not like the look of FRk’s fatty , rubbery looking offering.

• Haha
  • Heart
My mother was not an adventurous cook until Emeril Lagasse / food network, mostly Italian American or meat & potato so I never had any fish lamb nor organ meat! For my wedding in Amman Jordan an entire lamb was bought and prepared including brains et. I ate salads in the garden for a week after!!
Yikes! That would have been difficult for me. When I was a vegetarian traveling I had to explain ad nauseam about my food choices. People would ask me what I ate as if meat was the only food available. I just said everything but meat. I ate a lot of salad, potatoes and cheese. I paled at some of the offal served. Even though my mother, who was an excellent cook and raised on a farm, would prepare organ meats and things like tongue, there was no way I was going to eat it. Like I said, I'm a wimp with animal meat products. Salami is about adventurous as I get.

Growing up we never ate lamb, but later on my mom would prepare it after I had moved out. My Welsh great aunt and uncle raised sheep here in Oregon but they never slaughtered lambs and ate them. My aunt never ate venison either but allowed my brother and dad to hunt on her land as long as they never showed her their kill. She ate only chicken. If I had to kill my own pigs and chicken, I don't know if I could. I feel like a hypocrite thinking like that. I also only eat muscle meat - more waste and a very entitled American way of eating. If I had been raised on a farm, I might have turned out differently, I don't know.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
You are not alone. I could never eat lamb in my life. Lamb are sort of a sacred animal to me, the animal I love and really connected with. Also, I agree, the smell of lamb cooking is awful. Lamb is the meat used in two of the most traditional Norwegian dishes («fårikål» and «pinnekjøtt» ) and I absolutely detest the smell of those dishes.

But I am vegetarian, have been strictly vegetarian for over 10 years now, but never ate much meat before stopping completely. Better say ”pescatarian“ as I eat fish here and there when I am not at home. Cod and sea bass mostly.

Even when I was a child and ate very few animals. Chicken, pork and beef, nothing else. No rabbits or ducks or turkeys or other wild animals. I couldn’t eat freshly murdered chicken from someone’s garden. I actually was a big hypocrite, I had to eat meat and fish that came as a package, filleted, from the supermarket. Never an identifiable meat source. I know I was a huge hypocrite and raised kids buying meat that didn’t look like animal… like already sliced steaks and pork loin. That is the past.

Today (since 2015) no meat is cooked in my home, the kids have moved out and my husband and I are nearly 100% vegan (damned those cheese) daughter is “truly“ vegetarian too (she doesn’t touch sea food) and I donate monthly to pig sanctuaries and other animal shelters that fight to protect the pigs, specially in pig farms, against the cruelty of the use of the cruel cages they are raised in.
I would probably be a vegetarian if I wasn’t so lazy after work. I don’t want to cook and prepare anything so I make very easy easy meals after leaving my restaurant or I bring food home that is pretty much ready to cook.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yikes! That would have been difficult for me. When I was a vegetarian traveling I had to explain ad nauseam about my food choices. People would ask me what I ate as if meat was the only food available. I just said everything but meat. I ate a lot of salad, potatoes and cheese. I paled at some of the offal served. Even though my mother, who was an excellent cook and raised on a farm, would prepare organ meats and things like tongue, there was no way I was going to eat it. Like I said, I'm a wimp with animal meat products. Salami is about adventurous as I get.

Growing up we never ate lamb, but later on my mom would prepare it after I had moved out. My Welsh great aunt and uncle raised sheep here in Oregon but they never slaughtered lambs and ate them. My aunt never ate venison either but allowed my brother and dad to hunt on her land as long as they never showed her their kill. She ate only chicken. If I had to kill my own pigs and chicken, I don't know if I could. I feel like a hypocrite thinking like that. I also only eat muscle meat - more waste and a very entitled American way of eating. If I had been raised on a farm, I might have turned out differently, I don't know.
Another hypocrite here, let’s hold hands friend, as I would never be able to kill a single living being and have only cooked and ate food that didn’t look like an animal, from the supermarket… I would never step inside the butcher shops, but I grew up in the city. My husband grew up in a farm and was never into meat either, he always ate very little meat, much less than me and I never ate much… He knew what was involved. We are not egg people either.

We know farm people who were bullied in their youth because they couldn’t murder an animal for food either… Guess we are what we are, no matter where we grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Blimey their decorators are slow it has been weeks on one room. They do very little themselves now and still it is slow, they do a good job though but seriously they are lazy too-go get a job

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Blimey their decorators are slow it has been weeks on one room. They do very little themselves now and still it is slow, they do a good job though but seriously they are lazy too-go get a job

Like the kitchen, they are dragging that master suite out as long as possible for content. I am surprised they make enough money to afford all this.

I'm also a vegetarian, when I see lambs in the fields, it breaks my heart that they are killed as young as 10 weeks old so that humans can eat them. 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Just watched Nikki Positano's new kitchen in Tuscany. It's obviously beautifully bespoke made but I really hate the dark stained wood. If it was me I'd have the paint brush out as soon as the carpenter went down the drive 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Like the kitchen, they are dragging that master suite out as long as possible for content. I am surprised they make enough money to afford all this.
They will do a pool next and long term they will want to flip it. They have done it up for free really, but they will not double their money like in the past. I think they paid 1 million for it even fully renovated with a pool what will it be worth? They have made money from her on line courses, the candles I think were less profitable.

Reactions: 21
Have they never actually seen a lasagna?
The one I'm remembering was made by a South American cook who learned it in the Italian ambassador's kitchen. She made the pasta sheets, which were round and nearly transparent, so tenderly rolled were they. Delicious sauce, I think cooked in milk? AAaaaaanyway, it looked like a three-layer cake and was served in wedges only to very special grownups. Little cheese. No chili beans and certainly no sliced supermarche crud tomatoes on top. Ouf.
---
The Dalai Lama spelled this out and so much more for me, now skewing veg and scrambling to get enough protein to replace my dwindling geezer muscle mass. (Fish, legumes, nuts, leafy, yogurt, the usual). He says, when challenged by militant vegans, "I'm a begging monk. I eat what you put into my bowl."
It is a privilege to eat the way I do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.