The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tuna and cheese wrap up from my childhood: (Nothing else to write about until the next vlog!)
  • Grilled cheese was always made with Bandon or Tillamook extra sharp cheese - both from the Oregon coast - Bandon cheese is no longer , white bread with butter on the outside and fried in a pan on the stove
  • Tuna casserole for Friday nights - we were Catholic so no meat - consisted of canned Chicken of the Sea tuna, domestically produced elbow macaroni (no imported stuff back them) and Campbell's cream of mushroom soup - nothing else.
  • First night out on one of our adventurous camping trips which were always Friday night in the trailer was sandwiches made from grated extra sharp cheddar, tuna, Best Foods sandwich spread and hard boiled chopped eggs served between a hamburger bun and wrapped in foil. All Mom had to do was heat them in the propane powered oven.
  • I don't remember my mother ever making macaroni and cheese.
  • Dad's specialty was a fried egg sandwich with green pepper and extra sharp cheddar between toasted bread.
  • We never had onion and cheese sandwiches but they sound good.
  • Another Friday night staple was Welsh Rarebit - cheese sauce on toast.
  • The best Friday night dinner was my mother's exceptional cheese souffle!
I actually looked forward to Friday night meals because there was no way were having liver or tongue!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I do put tuna in macaroni cheese, my son always wants bacon in it as well! So I'll do some on the side but.... :sick:
I recall back in the 80s there was a tuna/noodle casserole that was popular with a canned cream soup.. gross.. the stuff we used to eat..reminds me of green bean casserole another yuk.. lots of casseroles. My Mom was not of the casserole era and her meals were meat and potatoes/fresh vegetables from the garden, everything made from scratch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
View attachment 2903660
……………. I have……. I have a ….. a question….
That’s Amadeus from Le Demi Chateau, he was visiting Selling Up & Buying a Chateau. I’ve mentioned him here before. He’s a very friendly vegan German guy trying to fix up & Airbnb his half chateau. He talks about his boyfriend a lot, but I’ve never seen him…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Did the near death chatelaine recover enough to get a Patreon vlog out today?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Just realized my post sounds as if I've never had a grilled cheese sandwich lol. Tonight I think I'll make grilled cheese with caramelized onions.
You know what I never thought of grilling a supermarket sandwich this is a great idea 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
That’s Amadeus from Le Demi Chateau, he was visiting Selling Up & Buying a Chateau. I’ve mentioned him here before. He’s a very friendly vegan German guy trying to fix up & Airbnb his half chateau. He talks about his boyfriend a lot, but I’ve never seen him…
♥

You talked about him before? When you talk about cute men, you ALWAYS need to include a pic, to get my attention.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm also a vegetarian, when I see lambs in the fields, it breaks my heart that they are killed as young as 10 weeks old so that humans can eat them. 💔
I refused to eat meat as a kid when I was old enough to understand where it came from. I was about 12 when I started eating meat but even now I can be squeamish about it. I used to be horrified when I was first in Japan and went to a yaki niku place and asked what all the meat was - had to look it all up as I had idea; the dictionary came back with horrifying things like: fallopian tube or ovaries. :sick:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Did the near death chatelaine recover enough to get a Patreon vlog out today?
As fast as they fill up the annex, it will never be fast enough to stay ahead of Fanny & Snorty's shopping addiction.
1714343761149.png

A New Brocante and Cafe open in our Tiny French Village!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Damn shopaholics are shopping again. Are they not able to go a single day without shopping and spending online or in person?

IMG_1033.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Hugh did have one thing in common with Stephanie....he too was a bleep-der

Bad bad joke I know🤪, I couldnt help myself....maybe I've been possessed by Henny Youngman😀
---

We call that tuna casserole. Made with boxed Kraft Mac & cheese and Campbell's cream of mushroom soup. I actually crave that every once in awhile. My mother used to make it when I was a child, that's what she considered cooking😀
He insists I made it for them as kids... there's no way in hell I'd mix tuna with bacon, and cheese sauce and pasta... (((shudders)))

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Damn shopaholics are shopping again. Are they not able to go a single day without shopping and spending online or in person?

View attachment 2903723

What Are The Top 10 Signs Of Shopping Addiction?

1. Compulsive Spending

Individuals with a shopping addiction will often spend a substantial amount of money or time on shopping, buying things that are not necessary or within their means. For instance, a person with a shopping addiction may use rent money to buy a luxury brand purse.

2. Emotional Attachment

When someone is addicted to shopping, they may experience a sense of euphoria or excitement when they shop, followed by feelings of regret or guilt. The emotional experience related to shopping is what fuels the addiction.

3. Loss Of Control

When addicted to shopping, individuals will continue to shop even though they know it negatively affects their lives. A person will feel an uncontrolled desire to keep shopping or make purchases despite any adverse consequences that occur because of it.

4. Preoccupation With Shopping

Individuals addicted to shopping will continuously think about shopping. They will continue browsing online stores or preparing their next shopping venture regardless of their other responsibilities or obligations.

5. Shopping To Relieve Negative Emotions

Shopping may become a coping tool for dealing with stress, anxiety, or other negative feelings. Individuals may also experience decreased feelings of depression when shopping, as well as emotional distress or a sense of emptiness when not shopping.

6. Financial Issues Related To Shopping

Individuals with an addiction to shopping may continue to shop even if they are in debt, cannot pay their bills, or have other financial issues. For example, someone addicted to shopping will continue to max out their credit cards even though they know they cannot pay for them.

7. Lying Or Hiding Their Purchases

Individuals may hide their shopping habits from others, feeling shame or embarrassment about their compulsive purchases. For instance, a person may wait until their spouse is asleep before bringing in purchases from the car to hide them in the closet before they notice what they’ve bought.

8. Shopping As A Recreational Activity

Individuals addicted to shopping may go shopping with friends or family as a way to bond or stay connected. They may also shop during their free time and lack other healthy hobbies.

9. Neglecting Responsibilities

Shopping may precede other essential responsibilities, such as work, school, or family obligations. This may cause individuals to ignore their loved ones, their self-care or health, and even their work productivity due to excessive shopping.

10. Legal Issues

Once an individual has used up all their resources due to a shopping addiction, they may want to shoplift or attempt to open credit cards in family member’s names just to get funds to shop.

Well. 10 outta 10 with both of them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
My mother was not an adventurous cook until Emeril Lagasse / food network, mostly Italian American or meat & potato so I never had any fish lamb nor organ meat! For my wedding in Amman Jordan an entire lamb was bought and prepared including brains et. I ate salads in the garden for a week after!!
Marhaba! I lived in Irbid for 3 years ! It’s a small world!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.