The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If only Amaury had gotten through to her before Phiphi the enabling fellow addict got her under his spell. šŸ¤®
I think the only thing Amaury would confront Fanny about is his workshop. As we've seen, he is able to shut the door and not allow her to come in. I imagine she has already crossed the line of messing with his tools and invading his space and he had words with her. Do not mess with someone's workshop, ever! Sacred space.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Who thinks that the new container/s will be shoved onto the tennis court which is becoming an ever expanding junk yard. The unused red van being the star of the show. Anything that goes there to die will never be resurrected again. Out of sight out of mind. And I think that the tartlet who said that the contents of Narnia will be put in the containers is probably right.
Is it the structural engineer she said they were waiting on? I bet he's said you can't do it till the weight is off... it's obvious really...So Amaury will be 'mover' for the next three months taking everything out of the attic and dismantling all the wardrobes he put together... what a merry go round that place is.. Thank you Patreon.
---
I think the only thing Amaury would confront Fanny about is his workshop. As we've seen, he is able to shut the door and not allow her to come in. I imagine she has already crossed the line of messing with his tools and invading his space and he had words with her. Do not mess with someone's workshop, ever! Sacred space.
Did he have too many empties lined up on the bench? Or he's raided the place for his Mums property...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Iā€™m the same way with my workshop. But the one unforgivable sin in my book is getting your grubby hands on my fabric scissors and cutting anything and everything with them. I wonā€™t just cut a witch. I will stitch your fingers together and tattoo ā€œunteachable gitā€ on your forehead. And woe-betide you should you repeat the offense. Then I will get really nasty.

IMG_5755.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Ooof, if marinara threw you for a loop, here in Southern Louisiana the descendants of our original Italian community refer to any red sauce as ā€œred gravyā€. In the part of Louisiana where I was raised a red gravy would be a savory tomato gravy intended to be served over fresh hot ā€œcatā€™s headā€ biscuits. The name of the biscuit comes from their size, not ingredients.šŸ˜‚
I remember the first time I heard marinara sauce referred to as red gravy. I didn't know what in the world they were referring to! It sounds awful until you realize it's just tomato sauce. I have to admit my mother was a snob and considered anything southern below par. I was brought up to think pecan pie was awful even though I had never tasted it. Grits and biscuits with gravy were for poor hillbillies. To this day I have never had biscuits with gravy and I don't want to after I found out what's in the gravy. I do like pecan pie if it's not too gelatinous though, and since grits are just polenta, I like that too! Even among my parents generation, there was still a lot of resentment and prejudice against the south leftover from the Civil War. I think for my mother though, it came from the migration of poor to the west coast during the dust bowl, much like how many people feel about the migration of Mexicans today. "HIllbillies" were used as scapegoats for crime and the expense of social welfare.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember the first time I heard marinara sauce referred to as red gravy. I didn't know what in the world they were referring to! It sounds awful until you realize it's just tomato sauce. I have to admit my mother was a snob and considered anything southern below par. I was brought up to think pecan pie was awful even though I had never tasted it. Grits and biscuits with gravy were for poor hillbillies. To this day I have never had biscuits with gravy and I don't want to after I found out what's in the gravy. I do like pecan pie if it's not too gelatinous though, and since grits are just polenta, I like that too! Even among my parents generation, there was still a lot of resentment and prejudice against the south leftover from the Civil War. I think for my mother though, it came from the migration of poor to the west coast during the dust bowl, much like how many people feel about the migration of Mexicans today. "HIllbillies" were used as scapegoats for crime and the expense of social welfare.
Oh, some of the best food Iā€™ve ever had in my life was when I was a child and went to family reunions in the Southern US. It was always ā€œpot luckā€ā€¦everyone brought a dish. I canā€™t begin to tell you how incredible the food tasted! I miss those days ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
What was up with the way he entered the room? That was hilarious.
I think he missed his "action" cue and tripped over his feet.

It could, of course, be that there was something on the other side of the door that they didn't want filmed.

Both likely scenarios I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ooof, if marinara threw you for a loop, here in Southern Louisiana the descendants of our original Italian community refer to any red sauce as ā€œred gravyā€. In the part of Louisiana where I was raised a red gravy would be a savory tomato gravy intended to be served over fresh hot ā€œcatā€™s headā€ biscuits. The name of the biscuit comes from their size, not ingredients.šŸ˜‚
Thank you - every dayā€™s a school day! Just the sort of info I simply love.

(I do know how to spell marinara - autocorrect decided marina was what I meant in my post and I didnā€™t noticeā€¦grrrr, a plague of silly typos!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm right with you. I find it hard to get shoulder but slow cooked lamb shanks are fab. I usually do mine with red wine, garlic, fresh rosemary and cranberries. I used to love a stuffed rolled breast of lamb, roasted until the outside was crispy. Haven't been able to find that in ages either. Not a lot of meat in them but they were cheap and delicious.
I think Iā€™m the only one in the world who hates lamb. I donā€™t like the smell. I donā€™t like the taste. I donā€™t like the texture. My husband is Middle Eastern and he loves the lamb, but I make him cook it on the barbecue grill. It is not smelling up my house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My nutty dog who is part Basenji wants to chase and kill everything. He does kill every single lizard that comes onto my pool enclosure and he will try to chase bunnies squirrels anything else thatā€™s out there. He will try because heā€™s a dog. I keep him on a leash while walking because heā€™s a knucklehead And either will try to attack large dogs or just run away not realizing that I feed him and let him sleep In my bed. But he is a dog that equals animal! He has many toys ( spoiled rotten ) an elephant, a lion, a possum that he shakes and tries to get this squeaky out of. Iā€™m assuming heā€™s trying to kill them. He rips off their arms their ears I sew them back on. But he is an animal again. I do not send him to doggy daycare. Heā€™s 13. He has a 3000 square-foot house to run around in and enjoy his day. I do have a video camera and alarm systems because we had a house-fire 12 years ago that killed my two big dogs, old English & lab, I never wouldā€™ve got this crazy cowboy dog. If it wasnā€™t that he was needing a home. I had first agreed to foster him and then of course now heā€™s my boyfriend and Iā€™m madly in love with him. If Heā€™s not trying to kill lizards or animals. Heā€™s asleep next to me somewhere. I would think it would be nearly impossible for that tiny dog (lance ) to catch and kill all the chickens, but I am also surprised that the princess did not use the death of the chickens in a video like all the other people have done. I know very little about chickens or if they run fast or fly, but I know all the bunnies in my neighborhood kind of sit there still, and then soon as my dog starts to go after them, they takeoff. He would never catch them even off a leash. I do feel bad for that dog, but it seems like he loves to be outside. He has a lot of freedom and he has people around him all day. Just because Fanny and PP donā€™t take care of him it seems as if Ann Marie is an animal lover and Marie does seem to love him and he has a BFF and Ruby and all of us have been worried about Ruby now we get to see Ruby so often. OK, Iā€™m done.

PS I have had the worst worst hair color that Iā€™ve ever had in my whole entire life and now I just want to stay in my house and cry. The hairdresser said sheā€™ll fix it on Monday but until then Iā€™m wearing a hat to the grocery
That's a good explainer about dogs!
I'm sorry about your haircolor......I'm having a bit of a moment with mine, too. I don't know what my stylist was smoking last week when she cut my hair but it is nothing like I've ever had (I've been doing an Italian bob for the last two or three years). I feel like I could have saved myself the money and time and just put a mixing bowl on my head, taken a pair of Fiskars to whatever was hanging out and called it a day! Luckily, the highlights she did are great, but you know the style is bad when your own husband, who never comments on your hair, looks up when you return and with a slight look of terror in his eyes (because he doesn't know if I think it's good or bad) says "new hairstyle?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Iā€™m the same way with my workshop. But the one unforgivable sin in my book is getting your grubby hands on my fabric scissors and cutting anything and everything with them. I wonā€™t just cut a witch. I will stitch your fingers together and tattoo ā€œunteachable gitā€ on your forehead. And woe-betide you should you repeat the offense. Then I will get really nasty.

View attachment 2902914
I learned about the sacredness of fabric shears from the moment I entered the world! I have always hid mine from my husband and now I can't find them!
I think Iā€™m the only one in the world who hates lamb. I donā€™t like the smell. I donā€™t like the taste. I donā€™t like the texture. My husband is Middle Eastern and he loves the lamb, but I make him cook it on the barbecue grill. It is not smelling up my house.
You're not alone. I have only had lamb a few times. Once I made shepards pie with ground lamb and it was awful, I threw it out. That was the first and last time I cooked with lamb. And I agree with you about the smell, I can't stand it. I don't like beef or wild game either. I'm a wimp when it comes to meat. Chicken and pork are my go tos.

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm sorry about your haircolor......I'm having a bit of a moment with mine, too. I don't know what my stylist was smoking last week when she cut my hair but it is nothing like I've ever had (I've been doing an Italian bob for the last two or three years). I feel like I could have saved myself the money and time and just put a mixing bowl on my head, taken a pair of Fiskars to whatever was hanging out and called it a day! Luckily, the highlights she did are great, but you know the style is bad when your own husband, who never comments on your hair, looks up when you return and with a slight look of terror in his eyes (because he doesn't know if I think it's good or bad) says "new hairstyle?"
My husband didnā€™t even notice, but my friends and my sister laughed, And after the hair Stylist who is my friend for the last 17 years said oh you are not gonna like this!! She was right I did not and I text her later that day and she said come on Monday so Iā€™ve been wearing a hat and a headband! lol vanity What is an Italian Bob? Send me a photo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My husband didnā€™t even notice, but my friends and my sister laughed, And after the hair Stylist who is my friend for the last 17 years said oh you are not gonna like this!! She was right I did not and I text her later that day and she said come on Monday so Iā€™ve been wearing a hat and a headband! lol vanity What is an Italian Bob? Send me a photo.
It's pretty versatile and I like that it has more volume than what is normally called just "a bob". My hair is sort of wavy, but can get a little more curl in the summer due to humidity. The article this picture is from explains it maybe better, as well as offers some other pictures of the Italian bob......my hair was JUST LIKE THIS until last week. It's like she cut the sides too short or didn't put in the slight layers long enough. I don't know, since I'm not a hair stylist. It's like the sides just hang straight now. So bizarre. I'm going to try and take a curling iron to it and see what happens, but I'm not hopeful.

1714322299529.png

• Heart
Reactions: 27
When I come home from the hairdressers himself comes out with the same quote that he's used for the last 44 years...
"I thought you were getting your hair done?"
And he still thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
When I come home from the hairdressers himself comes out with the same quote that he's used for the last 44 years...
"I thought you were getting your hair done?"
And he still thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
When I get my hair done no one notices until about a month later! It's always, "Did you do something different with your hair?" "Yes, about a month ago."

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.