Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lady Lindy

Chatty Member
Are the sandwiches always cold or sometimes grilled? They actually sound good, but I love cheese and onions lol
M&S ones are grated cheddar cheese and onion in mayo on buttered bread and they are yummy. Apart from my family, M&S food is the only thing I miss about the UK 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
I'm curious as to how the SJ vlogging at Dan's conversation went down. Do you think he said yes only if she did some work?

• Haha

Kickintheass

VIP Member
There are huge antique/brocante events held regularly in Montpellier, Bezier, Nimes and Avignon (s coast france). With the two storage containers there is now more room for SJ and PJ to put stuff (who cares about renos), how long before the Porsche is heading that way, using a visit to Tante etc as an excuse.

• Heart
  • Angry

ScooterMaGoo

I was too! This couple also has a few other videos on Homeworthy. An entire house tour, another party video (maybe Christmas) and I think a general table setting video.
Yes! Their place is amazing - and I gasped when he went to the "basement" for a coffee pot. It's a warehouse of everything PhiPhi wishes he could have!

• Heart
  • Haha

billybudd

VIP Member
Gosh what a manic display of ignorance. Imagine pulling out a piece of modern day transfer ware and trying to make out the English had a fascination with India. No we didn't we were there to make money, subjugate people and daft twats like Fanny like to romanticise it. She really is a heinous vapid creature and I wish someone would give her a good scrub down she is so greasy
Orientalism.
An extremely interesting and pissy review of Edward Said's 1982 classic of post-colonialism which even English majors at Oxford were certainly required to read. Said, that is, not the cranky old Arabist Lewis.
She sounds like the poster child for the mem sahib club. She's a Nazi, I tell you.

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Watching Fanny's latest tour of the chapel, finally grokked Isabelle's and Stephanie's obsession with the chapel, where rightly each would burst into flames spontaneously, if and when justice rolls down like water.
The old French aristocracy, I mean the olde one, back to the Amaurys, are militant Catholics. It's how Louis IX created the French nation -- crusades and he actually bought the crown of thorns in Constantinople and brought it home, to prove he was not only king of France but of Christendom. You could call him a Christian nationalist.
I've posted this here before, the best short thing I've ever read about the French. Du Plessix Gray's multi-generational family, including her warrior caste aristocratic conservative Catholic WWII hero granduncle, proud anti-Nazi and member of the Resistance, is quite the magnificent and more than slightly Franquist yet truly altruistic French aristo in retirement. So interesting. But the whole deal is Catholicism and la France profonde, with little discernible Christianity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

mrsp67

VIP Member
They just fired the latest chef on Below deck. He could not cut it, too many different guest requests. Some gluten free, some no fish, some no meat, no pork etc. I fear FRK would not be able to keep up. And also cook for all the crew.
The “guest “ this season are so trashy & annoying! No eggs no dairy no meat no anything!! It’s so phony.

• Heart

JackSpratt

VIP Member
I have a heightened sense of smell. So does himself. We both suffer from migraines, though himself is a more recent occurrence. I often get a whiff of something and will search for the source until I find it. Himself can smell a stinky bug without even knowing there's one about. When we were skiing back in January every evening we'd get back to the apartment and could smell a stinky bug. We searched and searched convincing ourselves it couldn't be possible in a ski resort with all the snow and ice. One evening he was messing about with his backpack and through the mesh front pocket I could see something moving around. And then the smell hit me... he'd brought the fucker on holiday with us. He had been showing it the sights across the Italian alps daily. It was despatched.

They release the scent when they sense danger. Possibly what many people don't know is at the same time the secrete a liquid. It's a poison. A mild poison but a poison all the same. If it gets onto damaged or sensitive skin it stings like hell. Himself can attest to this. Which is why no stinky bug survives at his hands!

[COLOR=%s]www.pestworld.org/.../occasional-invaders/stink-bugs[/COLOR]
Bloody stink bugs, we've had an invasion of them in the past. Use to dread it if the dogs ever got near one and they'd often regret it. Try having one of the buggers flying around the room avoiding being caught.

• Wow
  • Sad

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Whoops! Stephanie forgot that she was faking being sick, watch below as she scrambles to save her story.line about being ill and then immediately goes into the ongoing chapel grift campaign,

SCAMMER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS SETTING THE STAGE;/ STORYLINE TO EBEG FOR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MORE EUROS/DOLLARS FOR THE CHAPEL ( of course, paid to her personally in her slush fund.)
being done now this is incredibly
5:59
uplifting even in my current
I know L
6:02
lot it's absolutely marvelous because of
6:05
course this was another problem that we
6:07
discovered when we were working on the
6:09
chapel it hadn't been included in the
6:10
original quote we found leaks in two
6:13
places one of them very serious and this
6:15
has been a major problem at every step
6:18
of the way the original renovation costs
6:20
were half a million
6:22
500,000 and in fact it's going up all
6:25
the time because of things like this

THE CALCULATED EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION CONTINUES: she even attempts to look like she is barely holding back fake tears

6:29
it it's quite heart-wrenching but
6:32
because of all of you who adopted a star
6:35
because of all of my patrons of the
6:37
Shadow Diaries and because of the
6:39
sponsors of these videos I am able to
6:41
just say to the architect yes let's keep
6:43
on going let's repair the roof let's
6:46
ensure that the work we're doing inside
6:48
gets protected

---

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
I wonder if Despicable fanny would like to get behind a fundraiser for this. It is an icon of French patrimoine.

---
Don't know how this fits into Despicable fanny's timey-whimey time line but Stephane Bearn was in UK somewhere around 17th April filming at Castle Howard for his new series of Secrets d'Histoire for France3

Last edited:
  • Wow

Nettle flower

M&S ones are grated cheese and onion in mayo on buttered bread and they are yummy. Apart from my family, M&S food is the only thing I miss about the UK 😂
It's not quite the same (my insta private but those who follow me my last post was pink 😉) I live on a tiny island, with one village store, and I miss M&S so so much. It's one of the first shops I dive into when on the mainland. I was quite overcome with joy when I last visited.. I also miss Chinese takeaway.

• Heart

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
What is vainglorious behavior?

A vainglorious attitude is not very likable in a person and can be annoying to be around. Vainglorious people are vain, excessively boastful, and have swelled pride. The base word, vainglory, dates all the way back to the 14th century and means “worthless glory.”
She has body dysmorphia in reverse, if she thinks she looks good in that, her lipstick choice is a fright and the dress she accentuates that she is shaped like a sausage and the earrings are too much and if her face didn't look like a swollen clam that dress would look better with her hair back.
---
Is this an erb? maybe it is a vitamin for the dog?
hope the English graduate didn't spell that

• Haha

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Jules, this may apply to you.

Why Does Cilantro Smell Like Stink Bugs? Exploring The Surprising Similarity In Aromas

In conclusion, the smell of cilantro resembling that of stink bugs is not a universal experience. It is primarily influenced by individual genetic variations in olfactory receptors and cultural familiarity with the herb

Fun fact: both cilantro and stink bug share Aldehyde (a chemical that smells like soap

• Haha
  • Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
@mylittlehappiness9134
2 hours ago
You can’t walk with dogs in the forest un attached now in France it’s been prohibited since January and the fine is up to 750€ euros

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@TheChateauDiaries

45 minutes ago
We’re in our own woods here, but I didn’t know that about public woods, good to know!

@flojolivet512
39 minutes ago
@TheChateauDiaries the dogs could disturb wildlife at a time of year when there are all sorts of of baby animals growing up hidden at ground level.
---
@wendygrimwood8122
2 hours ago
I miss YD - some lovely designs in the new collection.

• Sick
  • Angry

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Definitely the country lol!! Amman is a melting pot, but the driving is impossible, but the DESERTS
Went to a bakery in Sydney and had my first ever milk custard fatayer. OMG, I went back to that bakery 3 times in my week long trip it was so good

• Haha
  • Heart

Pencil Pine Principessa

Whenever I read this I see them like Cersei and Jamie Lannister in their final scene on Game of Thrones
Except Cersei and Jamie were way better looking, even with assorted missing body parts.
---
Recall the yellow tea set and plates the gruesome twosome were showing off a few months ago from around the 1920’s? They also have lead.
Wait. Are compulsive shopping and other addictive behaviors a symptom of LEAD POISONING?!?!

• Haha