The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same, Billy. If you'd have told me ten years ago that today I'd be finding the purpose of my days would be to listen to live Supreme Court arguments about how many failing organs a pregnant woman must have before it's considered "o.k." to save her life or hear an attorney justify that a President of the United States should have immunity from ordering that his opponents be killed (and yes, I heard it live....this REALLY happened), I would not have believed you. My mind and my heart cannot hold much more, so I can't look beyond all of this, although I'm aware. It is dangerous times for us here in the US. And that's all I'll say.
I’m asking around to all my legal eagle friends if the Supreme Court can be sued. I think a class action brought against them by physicians would be in order. I’m being facetious of course, but think it would be appropriate at this time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
There is so much that is wrong about that bed and irs new “royal” accoutrements. Not to mention the bedside table with an overskirt that’s too short.

The lights have always been too high and in quite the wrong position to be practical as bedside lights. Now there’s the added complication of needing to be a contortionist to get at the switch, as it lurks behind the bedhead.

And this, apparently, is luxury B&B accommodation!
And those sad little pillows under the bedspread… not exactly the hotel quality she’s used to….
---
His eyes are not showing love for his woman……it’s all that ridiculous gurning smile ……
---
I did this last night , I’m reading Susannah Constantines book and she spent her childhood living in a house at Belvoir Castle and I knew it wasn’t pronounced Be-l-v-oir so I googled it and it’s Beaver 😂🥳🤷‍♀️
Well we all know Lancelot favoured toy is the only beaver that gets any attention in this Shitoo

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Why isn’t see storing the paneling in Natalie’s or Gerry’s huge unfinished apartments? Oh yeah, they are already crammed full of tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Chateau DIY is currently filming at Moulin de Couesnon. (Apologies for the poor screenshot quality). The is the lovely Scottish couple who previously owned Chateau de Sauge and had a nice tea room, but poor interior design taste, who have purchased this new place and are fixing it up.

Has Ch4 Production come to their senses and officially dropped Fanny & her shitoo? We can only hope so!
1714223122571.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
You may have missed my previous post. Permasmile was showing themselves at a Brocante with Shrek and the Sewer. The latter said “Philip is here.” But he was never shown.

Did the shopaholic gay fiancé go brocanting instead of to Dan’s planting party? Did he drop the chatelaine off and pick her up?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
If cilantro tastes like soap, you could be a supertaster Or it could just be your genetics.

Somewhere between 4 and 14 percent of the U.S. population find cilantro to be soapy on the palate. So while it isn't rare, it is a small percentage of people
Are You a Supertaster if Cilantro Tastes Like Soap?
The answer can be yes and no. About 25 percent of the population are thought to be supertasters. So obviously, while you can be both a supertaster and averse to cilantro, like me, you can also just have the anti-cilantro thing, like my mom. There is clearly some overlap, but in and of itself, an aversion to cilantro does not necessarily indicate supertasting, and you would need to do further exploration to determine if you are one, or both. And the level varies greatly.

Because there is not just one gene involved, the severity of cilantro aversion seems to vary from person to person

POV: You take one bite of cilantro and your mouth tastes like you’ve bitten into a bar of soap. Sound familiar? If so, you're not alone. Folks on team 'cilantro-on-the-side-please' tend to find that the herb tastes more like laundry detergent than a deliciously fresh and peppery plant.
And while plucking it off your every bowl of pho feels like a dreadful curse given how much yum you know cilantro should bring, Inna A. Husain, MD, the medical director of laryngology at Community Hospital in Munster, Indiana, says it may have a silver lining...depending on how you look at it.

According to Dr. Husain, having a distaste for cilantro does not necessarily a picky eater make. Rather, it has everything to do with your genetic composition. "Some folks simply have a different genetic makeup that makes them perceive the flavor of cilantro—and other ingredients—as soapy," she says. What's more, this may be indicative of being a “supertaster,” or someone whose sense of taste is more intense than average.

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8068382/why-cilantro-taste-like-soap/

Check to see if you are a supertaster.
---

Stephanie Jarvis likely fall into the category of a non-taster, a person who experiences minimal flavor. That is why she can eat like a trash panda. 25% of the population in the United States is classified as a non-taster. 50% of the population is classed as Regular tasters, and the last 25% are classified as super tasters.

That is why for 75% of the cd audience, Stephanie‘s opinions about how wonderful food taste really means nothing to them because she taste only minimal amount of flavoring or foods. They need to be wary about excepting her opinion about restaurants, food and recipes, because it is likely that 75% of them will not have the same culinary experience.

• The flavor of food is not something we actually sense, but is created in our brain based on what we taste with our mouth and smell with our nose (2).
  • Taste, smell, and flavor are distinctly different from each other. Our sense of taste is built into our genes and can be observed in newborn children within six months of birth, whereas recognizing smells is a learned experience (2).
  • There are five well-recognized tastes: Sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and umami (a savory, meaty taste). There is also growing acceptance of fat as a sixth basic taste (3).
SMELL
In contrast to the small number of basic tastes, humans are able to recognize more than 10,000 different odors. Unlike taste, humans are amazingly sensitive to smell.

• We are able to detect the aroma of certain volatile compounds at the level of one part per trillion, and a few at levels even 1000 times lower. To give you a better “sense” of what this means, one part per trillion is equivalent to one second in 32,000 years!
  • Our exquisite sense of smell apparently evolved to help in locating food as well as avoid consuming spoiled food before tasting it.
  • You may have experienced your sensitivity to smell when you detected a natural gas leak. Gas companies add a trace of a very smelly volatile sulfur-containing compound called methyl mercaptan to natural gas so we can detect even very small leaks. Humans are able to detect this compound at 2 parts per billion, which is a very small amount, but still 1000 times more concentrated than one part per trillion.
  • Non-tasters like hot spicy foods, and usually require more seasoning to make it taste good. This is true except for salt. Because salt masks bitterness, super-tasters tend to consume more sodium than non-tasters (11).
  • Some of the compounds we can smell at levels of a part per trillion and lower include those in green bell pepper, mold, roasted oats, and, the record holder, another sulfur-containing compound formed in boiled seafood.
I also can not tolerate the taste of artificial sweetners, even monk fruit, stevia. It all tastes and smells awful to me .and its everywhere.

• Heart
There are huge antique/brocante events held regularly in Montpellier, Bezier, Nimes and Avignon (s coast france). With the two storage containers there is now more room for SJ and PJ to put stuff (who cares about renos), how long before the Porsche is heading that way, using a visit to Tante etc as an excuse.

• Heart
  • Angry
Fanny clearly is taking notes from here…..saying she’d travelled too much, must panel the salon….has a dirty kitchen, yet still has not addressed the fact that she is engaged to this……even the tulips have lost the will to live. And wtf is going on on the top of his head. Looks like area 51….
View attachment 2900460
There has to be a thread title in here somewhere 🧵 Nom "even the tulips have lost there will to live and what is going on, on the top of Snorts head... Looks like area 51"
---
The only storage containers these tits need.

View attachment 2900446

I hope the patrons are content with paying out for heavy duty storage for all of their auction aquisitions.

I take it she's going to live in that Boden cardi until it walks off on its own.
With all those out buildings????? She is renting storage containers??? And has.to talk about it???? We would never know if she didnt.blab everything. Taking bets now... How many years will.those containers be there???

• Haha
Reactions: 35
  • I'm not a super smeller or super taster or super anything, I'm average on all accounts.
  • Fanny has a cold, not COVID, not the flu, just a boring old cold from running down her immune system.
  • I don't like gelatinous foods - no mushrooms, no creme brulee, no flan, no anything with gelatin in it.
  • Sometime cilantro taste fine to me, sometimes it tastes like soap so I avoid it.
  • All my dishes I eat off of are lead free, I don't have anything old and funky.
  • I don't own any dresses with lemons on it.
  • I love my cat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
With all those out buildings????? She is renting storage containers??? And has.to talk about it???? We would never know if she didnt.blab everything. Taking bets now... How many years will those containers be there???
The storage containers should now be referred to as the annex. Expensive, grungy and ugly, just like the rest of Lalande.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Cheese on toast, the Chapel renovations are going to cost MORE than her Shitoo is worth! It would have been far less expensive to raze the entire structure and build new. SMH- for that amount of money, she could have had the Shitoo structural issues sorted, the roof and the facade redone (which would help with the damp), and still had some money left. Priorities- Fanny's are completely whacked!
I agree I left her a long message on her video regarding this let’s See how long before it’s deleted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.