The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I have news. Don’t tell me what to do is getting confident about her skills again.
Not only do they think they need a chef to buy a slice of ham, the goat cheese man’s pies and lettuce from the garden but she is on her yachties watch out madness again.
I do wonder if there’s more than one Marie in her head?🤨

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Continue to be flabbergast at Stephanie’s lack of awareness in flaunting all her possessions and properties (“I LOVE living in London”) With multiple homes around the world & unsuitable designer clothing & (nasty) jewellery, her self-satisfaction at all she has and her desire to show it off simply has no bounds. She’s utterly shameless.

Fanny pretends to be thrifty & save £2 by getting bus from Islington to St John’s Wood instead of the tube (or a cab like she usually does when she’s not filming herself) she can’t contain her excitement & paws 2nd designer threads exclaiming - “ITS ONLY …” at every item she sees. She goes and drops £35 (like it’s nothing) on (yet another) cashmere cardigan Let’s not even mention the expensive in-shop alteration for her trousers at Massimmo Dutti, when she actually has a free-does-everything-Brother-sewing machine back at the crispy chateau. Her greed for clothing, books, bric a brac, fabric, paintings, food, properties is insatiable. She will never have enough of anything . Especially people.

Has she forgotten she’s shown the vast, groaning contents of her wardrobe at the dump, to her patreons; rails that broke due to being so overladen with clothing ? If I were her I’d be embarrassed to be seen buying a pair of socks infront of those who’ve shown such generosity.

Trixie’s resentment is simmering . He’s still not come to terms over her sexcation with Potty and his sullen mood shows no sign of abating. He looks at her with incredulity when she accuses him of leaving her alone to party with Bubbles.

Back at the dump FRK continues to be FRK and Armoire put a big plank on the cooker. It’s all so LaLande.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
An FRK meal just isn't an FRK meal without beige chicken in brown sauce. Patreons are coming for the LaLande Character Luncheon Experience after all! Marie mustn't disappoint them! :ROFLMAO:
That’s a bit unfair - you missed out foam 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Especially with what they serve! Last year, Stuart gave a good primer on what to do.....make big bowls of different salads. Now, I thought the salads were whack, but the principle should be the same - and it looked way better than the one piece of thick packaged ham from the supermarket on lettuce leaves from the year before. Marie doesn't have to reinvent the wheel.

P.S. Someone asked why Stuart isn't doing it again this year. She's still at La Peetch with a full time job there as Hospitality Manager, living in Grasse.
What's local there is lentils, Sancerre, fresh water fish and goat cheese man. Poule Noire du Berry heritage hazelnut-scented chicken which dem bitchaaaz will never discover and never shell out for. Plus all the gorgeousness of ag France in July. Fresh pork, charcuterie and funky French pork wizardry. Raspberries. Tomatoes. Peppers. Blueberries.
Our friends at Le Relais du Facteur serve local trout and other fish in different interesting ways. Trout terrine, unlike whole trout with eyeballs, might be safe for gan-gan.
The most magical thing I know about lentils is a poached salmon filet on top of cool lentil salad they used to serve in the summer at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC. Absolutely scrumptious. I might serve it to the Patreons with cantalope instead, also scrumptious and edgy enough for them.
One lunch would surely be a tarted up Salade Nicoise, possibly with individual fluted pate brisee cases, no potatoes, no anchovies, some toasted almonds. Plenty of haricots verts, peppers, tomato, hardboiled egg, etc.
I'd really make an effort to give them not-too-scary charcuterie, really simple pates, and grilled local pork sassidges, with grilled peppers and onions, for lunch. Gorgeous sliced tomatoes. Raspberry ice cream. (Actually I've fallen in love with homemade cherry/raspberry jam. Cherry/raspberry ice cream. Woof. With a suspicion of amaretto?) Cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl. Gigantic blueberry crumble with honey ice cream.
I'm a big devotee of salads, these days. Attempting one of black eyed peas, barley etc. which I will scarf but think not Ladies' Who Lunch Fancy Enough for the grannies. Who'd probably like big pink j-j-j-Jello salads but wouldn't be getting any from me.
What salads would you feed the grannies? What desserts?

• Heart
Smoked salmon, beetroot and cream of horseradish is a thing! No potatoes - I think it’s sliced red and yellow beetroot, plus blobs of horseradish. It’s a rather good combo. (Quartered cooked beetroot covered with a mixture of crème fraîche and horseradish and then heated through in the oven is one of those things which might sound odd but is delicious. I am a huge fan of beetroot - beetroot slices, cheddar cheese and pickled red onion slices in really good granary bread make for a mighty fine sandwich!)
Absolutely agree, but Fanny does NOT like beets, so can take that off the menu.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Imagine being a trained cook and rocked up to help prepare lunches, and had to work under stupid Marie. The fallout would reverberate across France. Any experienced cook would be mortified dealing with her nonsense.
It would be like working for Daisy from Downton Abbey (before she became full of herself). Hold on - that’s not right, Marie IS full of herself and at least Mrs Patmore could rely on her to help put some hearty fare on the table.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Well I have news. Don’t tell me what to do is getting confident about her skills again.
Not only do they think they need a chef to buy a slice of ham, the goat cheese man’s pies and lettuce from the garden but she is on her yachties watch out madness again.
The toggle between megalo and I'm-just-a-worm-under-Stephanie's-strawberry-slipper,-lucky-me, is really hard for me to follow.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
and it's gone! Did she just inadvertently leak the dates?
No, that’s called meal prep. What the Gen Z people do. You prepare a whole batch of mains and sides for a few weeks, and portion it into dozens of expensive glas containers.

You put the tit into your freezer, and after a few weeks you just take it out one by one and microwave the hell out of it.

If they start at 5 am with the microwaving, they should be through by 1pm.

No nutritions left, but nice for instagram.

• Haha
What's local there is lentils, Sancerre, fresh water fish and goat cheese man. Poule Noire du Berry heritage hazelnut-scented chicken which dem bitchaaaz will never discover and never shell out for. Plus all the gorgeousness of ag France in July. Fresh pork, charcuterie and funky French pork wizardry. Raspberries. Tomatoes. Peppers. Blueberries.
Our friends at Le Relais du Facteur serve local trout and other fish in different interesting ways. Trout terrine, unlike whole trout with eyeballs, might be safe for gan-gan.
The most magical thing I know about lentils is a poached salmon filet on top of cool lentil salad they used to serve in the summer at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC. Absolutely scrumptious. I might serve it to the Patreons with cantalope instead, also scrumptious and edgy enough for them.
One lunch would surely be a tarted up Salade Nicoise, possibly with individual fluted pate brisee cases, no potatoes, no anchovies, some toasted almonds. Plenty of haricots verts, peppers, tomato, hardboiled egg, etc.
I'd really make an effort to give them not-too-scary charcuterie, really simple pates, and grilled local pork sassidges, with grilled peppers and onions, for lunch. Gorgeous sliced tomatoes. Raspberry ice cream. (Actually I've fallen in love with homemade cherry/raspberry jam. Cherry/raspberry ice cream. Woof. With a suspicion of amaretto?) Cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl. Gigantic blueberry crumble with honey ice cream.
I'm a big devotee of salads, these days. Attempting one of black eyed peas, barley etc. which I will scarf but think not Ladies' Who Lunch Fancy Enough for the grannies. Who'd probably like big pink j-j-j-Jello salads but wouldn't be getting any from me.
What salads would you feed the grannies? What desserts?
Dessert- Raymond Blanc soft meringue with blackcurrant coulis. It is very fancy looking- dead easy to make. Maybe some rustic fruit galettes on the side.

• Heart
Trying to conjure how Marie will scam the Patreons out of their meat portions at the three-day extravaganza.
Isabelle's tried and true way is to get deli-sliced ham and distribute 10 ounces of it between 12 entree plates of green salad. Let's call it Jambon a la Stone Soup.
Dana and Kim's method, as I recall from the Easter buffet a couple of years ago, was Quiches a la Fromage Supermarche, and plenty of them. One of the quiches appeared to be made with sheep tit. Served side by side with the quiches, egg salad. Just to make the point there was going to be absolutely No Meat For You -- except some merguez sausages and saucissons, not enough to serve the crowd. All to be eaten with bread gripped bare-handed and sliced one at a time by each passerby, so each succeeding slice had more cooties on it. Among the duck-you salads, supermarket cucumber and eight portions of caramelized onions on bread for 32 people, a theme here, let's call it Tartines d'Oignons à la Miracle des Pains et des Poissons, so festive.
Stuart's method was a pre-masticated beige/grey summer buffet of supermarket meat and veg, grey meat stingily sliced and stingily pre-portioned, vast salads of root vegetables and starches -- lentils, corn, potato, cabbage, pasta, beets -- better suited to the ides of January. Call them Salade Trop Rustique a la Difficile à Mâcher. Also, a good trick, a cheese platter for 12 to serve 30. Call it Fromage Supermarche a la Chimera.
View attachment 2897027

I am looking forward to Marie's Hall of Fame dishes. Boiled pork turds. Red cabbage cut into 1 1/2 inch squares for a salad. So perfect, so grey, so unmasticatable, for July. Welcome Patreons to Stephanie Jarvis' menu, specially confected to let you know exactly how little she thinks of you. Bon appetit!
I didn't know whether to give you a "heart" or a "laugh" emoji!
I forgot about that gray, nasty looking meat/lamb served by Stuart! I just remembered the bowls of prepared salads with the cheapest, oddest combinations (hence my "her salads were whack" comment earlier). What a mish mash of food that was! It's dead in the middle of summer and she's serving meat and potatoes and carrots with cumin.......along with weird salads.

Personally, I think Marie should call it a day and just make pans and pans and pans of her famous lasagna! (and yes, I jest. You all know I hate the way her lasagna looks)

And the takedown of Kim's Easter food was brilliant! It's all the stuff I forget about that place!

• Haha
  • Heart
1714075212878.gif

pegglover3244
1 hour ago
What is up with the haters?

741BFB0E-56BB-46D9-803E-C6D2DEF08DF3.jpeg

user-mp9wg7cy1i
1 hour ago
Stop hating on Philip! Just because he likes seeing her in separates DOES NOT mean he's trying to change or control her. Geeeez! Stephanie is her own woman ...not to mention, she'd look gorgeous in anything SHE CHOOSES TO wear.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Not policing, just informing.
The word goblin is being used as an anti-semitic slur nowadays.
Given the current situation in the world and the political climate, use of the word can quickly be misinterpreted and misunderstood.
--------------------------------------------------------
Adding.
I read there are currently stikes at the airports in France.
Can Fanny even be flying around now, or is driving to and from now the only option for her.
(I assume the witches broom is up in Narnia)
It's so strange. When I'm not here obsessing about the menus at Lalande, I am hotly engaged elsewhere as a long-retired scholar on some of what's going on. Lemon posset, peace, and justice for all.
---
I didn't know whether to give you a "heart" or a "laugh" emoji!
I forgot about that gray, nasty looking meat/lamb served by Stuart! I just remembered the bowls of prepared salads with the cheapest, oddest combinations (hence my "her salads were whack" comment earlier). What a mish mash of food that was! It's dead in the middle of summer and she's serving meat and potatoes and carrots with cumin.......along with weird salads.

Personally, I think Marie should call it a day and just make pans and pans and pans of her famous lasagna! (and yes, I jest. You all know I hate the way her lasagna looks)

And the takedown of Kim's Easter food was brilliant! It's all the stuff I forget about that place!
Dead Salad. That's the name of Fanny's and Marie's cookbook. I'd buy a copy of that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
View attachment 2896450
View attachment 2896448

View attachment 2896402
Nichola Jane Taylor

incabellablog
It’s happening! I have been very fortunate and honoured to have had the opportunity to work with so many talented chefs and wonderful people during my career in the hospitality industry. So I’m excited to be able to tell you my latest news! Now that we are progressing further with the new project, I can reveal more. I can say at this stage, that it involves me moving to Haworth in Yorkshire, where I’ll be joining an already successful business, to start work on the next chapter of my cooking career. I’ll be working with my dear friends (of 30+years) and business owners, Jill & Michael @cobblesandclay and their amazing team. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll also be spending a lot more time in Haworth, with my lovely friend @bymariewiik whilst she continues to work on her beautiful floral designs and establishes her new business. As you may know already, I had the pleasure of working with Marie @chateaudelalandeand appearing in château diaries in the summer of 2020. We became good friends, so it’s very exciting to be bringing together, friends with such passion and positive energy to collaborate on a new venture. Follow along on Instagram to see our exciting new projects unfold over the next few months. It’s going to be very exciting and a great new adventure indeed for all. @cobblesandclay@bymariewiik @incabellablog @incabella.com @chateaudelalande @stephanieejarvis @johnwrightmushroomsjoh
Stuart lives in the South of France and works I think it’s Julia Childs old house, school

• Haha
  • Wow
It shows how much interest she takes in the kitchen garden. It’s beetroot central. All the lovely heirloom rainbow ones, too.
I don't particularly care for beets....BUT at a farmer's market last year, I bought a bunch of heirloom ones and it totally turned me around, so much so that I tried yelllow beets this winter and liked them. The heirloom ones had such a sweet flavor, I just loved them! The market opens for the season this weekend and I've already texted the farm I got them from last year to ask if they will be there and if they will have them again yes, they will!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.