The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thrift is not in Fanny Jarvis's vocabulary. Also, that title is designed to attract her US fans, as in the UK, the shops are called charity shops and we don't use "thrifting" to mean buying things in charity shops.She has never been thrifty in her life and does not understand what thrift means.
Spend thrift is more appropriate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I think you are bang on, it’s so obvious once you think about it.
As I don’t do Insta or any of the other socials I only see what tattlers copy here. It just hit me out of nowhere when I saw her change back to yachties watch out. Her constant reinvention, shifts in temperament, oscillating between worship and disdain all strike me as some degree of dissociative. That said, I got my psych degree from the same internet university that granted yours.🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 30
30 - 50 guests? Are they calling in the reservists as stand ins?

Bubble Girl and her mom, Marie mother and sister, John and the other one, Flip’s parents, …
---
Interesting.....did they finally return the Porsche to the Puff?
Puff in German means brothel…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
What's local there is lentils, Sancerre, fresh water fish and goat cheese man. Poule Noire du Berry heritage hazelnut-scented chicken which dem bitchaaaz will never discover and never shell out for. Plus all the gorgeousness of ag France in July. Fresh pork, charcuterie and funky French pork wizardry. Raspberries. Tomatoes. Peppers. Blueberries.
Our friends at Le Relais du Facteur serve local trout and other fish in different interesting ways. Trout terrine, unlike whole trout with eyeballs, might be safe for gan-gan.
The most magical thing I know about lentils is a poached salmon filet on top of cool lentil salad they used to serve in the summer at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC. Absolutely scrumptious. I might serve it to the Patreons with cantalope instead, also scrumptious and edgy enough for them.
One lunch would surely be a tarted up Salade Nicoise, possibly with individual fluted pate brisee cases, no potatoes, no anchovies, some toasted almonds. Plenty of haricots verts, peppers, tomato, hardboiled egg, etc.
I'd really make an effort to give them not-too-scary charcuterie, really simple pates, and grilled local pork sassidges, with grilled peppers and onions, for lunch. Gorgeous sliced tomatoes. Raspberry ice cream. (Actually I've fallen in love with homemade cherry/raspberry jam. Cherry/raspberry ice cream. Woof. With a suspicion of amaretto?) Cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl. Gigantic blueberry crumble with honey ice cream.
I'm a big devotee of salads, these days. Attempting one of black eyed peas, barley etc. which I will scarf but think not Ladies' Who Lunch Fancy Enough for the grannies. Who'd probably like big pink j-j-j-Jello salads but wouldn't be getting any from me.
What salads would you feed the grannies? What desserts?
Definitely Watergate salad just because it’s sooo them,and grape salad so easy or maybe a wedge salad ….anyone with half a brain could make that.
and dessert… Cherries jubilee, right up their alley..🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
That’s what I was thinking. As much as I have high hopes for her to get her life in order one day, she’s not really trained. No one who is will want to work under her for one second.
I am not a train chef rather a sandwich master in fact before 10:25 AM today I catered lunch for three different orders. One was for 50 people which was sandwiches& salads one for 20 people which was sandwiches, garden salad, potato salad, cookies, and brownies and one was for eight people, which was cookies, sandwiches salad, potato salad, and a giant box of french fries my expertise is her patron days sandwiches, etc. But even in my days of liking CD I couldn’t flit off to France to help. I have a real job a real business so why would I go somewhere to take a free job for three days, pay your own airfare , when you have a real job to run your life. It’s very strange people that they get to come volunteer , and I believe most of them or the majority of them are wanderer people without real careers or people that are in an in between space

( talk to text as I am walking the dog. I hope it comes out correctly.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
It's so strange. When I'm not here obsessing about the menus at Lalande, I am hotly engaged elsewhere as a long-retired scholar on some of what's going on. Lemon posset, peace, and justice for all.
Same, Billy. If you'd have told me ten years ago that today I'd be finding the purpose of my days would be to listen to live Supreme Court arguments about how many failing organs a pregnant woman must have before it's considered "o.k." to save her life or hear an attorney justify that a President of the United States should have immunity from ordering that his opponents be killed (and yes, I heard it live....this REALLY happened), I would not have believed you. My mind and my heart cannot hold much more, so I can't look beyond all of this, although I'm aware. It is dangerous times for us here in the US. And that's all I'll say.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Christ if you are right it doesn’t say a lot about the standard of procedures from Harley Street clinics. Not a good advert at all. Maybe she had to go there for corrective procedures from previous back street bodges.
I reckon she just goes into one of the walk in shops on the Fulham Road she thinks being in Chelsea makes it classy and she can have lots of filler for £198

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Flicking through tv channels this evening and I found this. It didn’t mean very much to me until one of the hosts went into a lodge. It was the deck area with pool that looked familiar so I had a quick look at the safari vlog. Turns out it was the same lodge as Fanny and snorts stayed in. They very cleverly didn’t show that it was a 5* resort. Was that pretending that they were on a budget safari.

These are photos from the vlog and tonight’s BBC programme.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
I am not a train chef rather a sandwich master in fact before 10:25 AM today I catered lunch for three different orders. One was for 50 people which was sandwiches& salads one for 20 people which was sandwiches, garden salad, potato salad, cookies, and brownies and one was for eight people, which was cookies, sandwiches salad, potato salad, and a giant box of french fries my expertise is her patron days sandwiches, etc. But even in my days of liking CD I couldn’t flit off to France to help. I have a real job a real business so why would I go somewhere to take a free job for three days, pay your own airfare , when you have a real job to run your life. It’s very strange people that they get to come volunteer , and I believe most of them or the majority of them are wanderer people without real careers or people that are in an in between space

( talk to text as I am walking the dog. I hope it comes out correctly.)

It sounds as if you make wonderful sandwiches but the chateau needs someone who can make "sandwitches" and you probably need a broomstick and a black cat.
---

• Haha
Reactions: 28
As I don’t do Insta or any of the other socials I only see what tattlers copy here. It just hit me out of nowhere when I saw her change back to yachties watch out. Her constant reinvention, shifts in temperament, oscillating between worship and disdain all strike me as some degree of dissociative. That said, I got my psych degree from the same internet university that granted yours.🥴
I think some of us forget that she has been in Fanny’s world for 5+ years and I think she’s just so captivated and so in awe of the financial success that fannies had. others have tried and have succeeded Dan & maker and mess are doing OK also it’s easy to forget those that failed Dana Selmar even PP. I really believe that she has that dream and cannot get past it I’ve messaged her a few times recipes and tips on her Instagram and she receives them very nicely. I just think that she cannot get out of her own dreamland if that’s the right word? I actually feel a bit sorry for her.

• Heart
Flicking through tv channels this evening and I found this. It didn’t mean very much to me until one of the hosts went into a lodge. It was the deck area with pool that looked familiar so I had a quick look at the safari vlog. Turns out it was the same lodge as Fanny and snorts stayed in. They very cleverly didn’t show that it was a 5* resort. Was that pretending that they were on a budget safari.

These are photos from the vlog and tonight’s BBC programme.
I saw that too. Recognised the pool where Fanny wore that astonishingly ridiculous swimsuit to woo her followers. Very very pricey place to stay.

• Heart
It sounds as if you make wonderful sandwiches but the chateau needs someone who can make "sandwitches" and you probably need a broomstick and a black cat.
---
but dear mrsp has extremely attractive men as guests in her sandwich shop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Done her bit for charity, it just makes me want to vom🤮

I was home by lunchtime.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I dont watch them often, what was suspicious to me was they always said they were going to build a toilet block facility here for campervan and campers. The other side of this wall is covered in stone to match the Chateau. Was this mentioned? Can someone let me know so I dont have to watch.

They had ambitous plans, for the place but its been three years wheres the money coming from? Three utube three times a week and Patreon only?

Shut your go fund me down.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 2897444

pegglover3244
1 hour ago
What is up with the haters?

View attachment 2897485
user-mp9wg7cy1i
1 hour ago
Stop hating on Philip! Just because he likes seeing her in separates DOES NOT mean he's trying to change or control her. Geeeez! Stephanie is her own woman ...not to mention, she'd look gorgeous in anything SHE CHOOSES TO wear.
And there was I thinking he told her he likes skater dresses and belts.
He’s a fickle creature isn’t he?
Perhaps he finds separates easier to pare with his mother’s clothes?

I think he will smell of moth balls.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Well I have news. Don’t tell me what to do is getting confident about her skills again.
Not only do they think they need a chef to buy a slice of ham, the goat cheese man’s pies and lettuce from the garden but she is on her yachties watch out madness again.
Am I crazy to think Marie has dreams of appearing on Below Deck??🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.