The Chateau Diaries #262 Happy Birthday Stephanie! A wonderful day to you and your brocante boyfriends.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does need a makeup lesson.
I just bought, for fall, what passes for a dark lipstick for me. It's a dupe of Clinique's 50-year-old Black Honey, though not this one which recently went viral on TikTok. It's sheer and amazingly pale, or something, for a dark lipstick.
@billybudd - have you been rummaging through my lipsticks? LOL, Clinique Black Honey is my go-to in the winter! ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
As long as we're on about Fanny's appearance, she needs to ditch Annaleise if she wants a great cut and color. Annaleise has a limited repertoire which isn't doing Fanny any favors. Since Fanny can afford anything she wants, she should go to one of the high end Paris salons. The color she is currently showing is all wrong for her, too yellow and too light. I have medium ash blonde hair naturally and I believe Fanny is also an ash blonde underneath that brassy color. I had to be demanding when having my hair colored because so many stylists don't know how to do ash blonde hair correctly. They either go too ashy or to brassy. Her hair is thinning as she ages, so a shorter cut would be better, also she really needs to do something about that forehead which a good cut could help and get her eyebrows done. I got my eyebrows tattooed a few years ago to match my natural hair color, they still look great! The woman who did them purposefully left the ends a little short and high because she said as we age everything goes down, she was right. I would thinks Fanny would be into spa treatments, but I guess not. Phi could use a good scrub too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 2398315

elba ortiz
1 hour ago
If Philip wasn’t so sweet and loving
View attachment 2398309

Michael would be a perfect match for you Stephanie
View attachment 2398299

he is so handsome, talented and sweet ❤
View attachment 2398297
Elba just hatched, poor innocent chick. (or she's a troll).
---
All I can remember about the place is the (hideous) conservatory/sun room/glass extension shoved onto the back of the building. From the front, it looks rather attractive - pleasingly symmetrical!
i remember people with conservatory, but not the stairs. they were some older couple, i think (older than me)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
All I can remember about the place is the (hideous) conservatory/sun room/glass extension shoved onto the back of the building. From the front, it looks rather attractive - pleasingly symmetrical!
When they first began their rebuild, I had high hopes for them. It wasn't so much a renovation in the beginning but a combination of rebuild and renovation. I watched their episode on Grand Designs. At first they decorated with taste and restraint. Now though, yikes! From the photos it looks like they visited a hundred brocantes too many - just like Snorts and Fanny, buying useless vintage and antique items just because they could, space fillers, but with no thought to the cohesion in design decor needed for the style of each room. Their home is now the same jumble of colours and junk filled space as lieLande. A shame after so much work. 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 15
from 2020 what a poser

2018 physically unrecognisable

Love the gigantic fake cobalt blue eyes in the peahen photo.

Hey F4F, if it only takes a crown to make you feel dressed, what’s up with buying dozens of expensive dresses, couture gowns, and costumes. You must have 7 crowns by now, one to make you feel dressed every day of the week. Just wear a crown instead of expensive dresses
at the Dump, everyone on the payroll will tell you that you look fabulous, similar to the much loved tale The Emperor’s New Clothes. Just avoid Kid No. 1 or Kid No. 2 who might “ see through” the ruse and blow your cover.

Didn’t Ollie take photos of her naked in bed?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Here is Stuart's menu for the Patreon day feast at Lalande.

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 11.17.09 AM.png

The tragedy of the pre-masticated lamb roast still reverberates.
The rest of the menu looks beige and pre-masticated as well -- tricky to preserve autonomies of shape and color of veg. One way to make a table look good is to cut carrots and beets and courgettes length wise, cook that way, and don't mix with the other composed salad ingredients -- garnish with them. So we have beet-shaped beet slices, dressed, circled with avocado-shaped avocado slices and a tidy ring of crumbled goat cheese. Lentils, could have been garnished with whatever's in there -- shredded carrot and chervil? Quinoa, ditto.
The similarities in garnish across the board of the edible petals also accentuate the pre-masticated beige vibe. A substantial lack of green on the table is a menu problem as well as a garnish one -- every single dish would have looked better even with a token boutonniere of green. The flowers, whole, could have better served here, rather than torn up to conceal or misrepresent the content of the dishes they garnished. The quinoa, the potato, the carrot, the lentil, all could have used an appropriate side garnish -- a flourish of edible green herb leaves on the stem. With a flower, even.
The lack of green also emphasizes, curiously, the dryness, the lack of creamy or juicy (although we're told the tragic lamb had a yogurt sauce).
The mixtures do not excite the eye or make your mouth water. Even the cabbage and rhubarb slaw, which is exciting, looks premasticated and beige. It should have been garnished with something recognizably rhubarb -- rhubarb curls, maybe, like celery curls? Or little stalks criss-crossed around the edge of the plate? If the cocktail people are messing with rhubarb garnishes because they know the markup for a single candied rhubarb twist on a cocktail is $7, the Cordon Bleu people should be on it too.
Noting a curious inappropriateness as well in other dishes posted.
Date and nut truffles for summer, when the trees are literally bowing down with fresh fruit? Figs, plums, raspberries.....
Chicken with orange slices, ill-cut, ill-cooked and clearly not eaten by anybody as evidenced in the shot of the empty plate -- empty of chicken but not of half-cooked too pithy orange slices. Meanwhile, grilled orange slices would be delicious in that dish. Not summer-appropriate, in my view.
So even when she's free of Fanny's draconian food budget -- the cheese platter! cheese for 12 people max, to serve 30! Plus I could write a whole essay on the innappropriate bowl of cut nectarines/peaches in the middle, thoughtless! -- Stuart goes for drastically out-of-season food which is so frugal her dishes could be labelled pantry dishes. In other words, you have the dates, the oranges, kicking around and can serve the truffles or the chicken Ricard any time. This is also grocery store and not farmers' market cooking. It's also stone soup cooking -- something, neither very pretty or generous or talented, out of nothing. Compared to the glorious eats which came from la cuisine de la misere, true poor peoples' food, this stuff is ignorant, graceless, and oddly wasteful.
Here's what's in season in the Paris markets now -- I assure you, not dates and oranges.

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 12.15.01 PM.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

View attachment 2399813

The rest of the menu looks beige and pre-masticated as well -- tricky to preserve autonomies of shape and color of veg. One way to make a table look good is to cut carrots and beets and courgettes length wise, cook that way, and don't mix with the other composed salad ingredients -- garnish with them. So we have beet-shaped beet slices, dressed, circled with avocado-shaped avocado slices and a tidy ring of crumbled goat cheese. Lentils, could have been garnished with whatever's in there -- shredded carrot and chervil? Quinoa, ditto.
The similarities in garnish across the board of the edible petals also accentuate the pre-masticated beige vibe. A substantial lack of green on the table is a menu problem as well as a garnish one -- every single dish would have looked better even with a token boutonniere of green. The flowers, whole, could have better served here, rather than torn up to conceal or misrepresent the content of the dishes they garnished. The quinoa, the potato, the carrot, the lentil, all could have used an appropriate side garnish -- a flourish of edible green herb leaves on the stem. With a flower, even.
The lack of green also emphasizes, curiously, the dryness, the lack of creamy or juicy (although we're told the tragic lamb had a yogurt sauce).
The mixtures do not excite the eye or make your mouth water. Even the cabbage and rhubarb slaw, which is exciting, looks premasticated and beige. It should have been garnished with something recognizably rhubarb -- rhubarb curls, maybe, like celery curls? Or little stalks criss-crossed around the edge of the plate? If the cocktail people are messing with rhubarb garnishes because they know the markup for a single candied rhubarb twist on a cocktail is $7, the Cordon Bleu people should be on it too.
Date and nut truffles for summer, when the trees are literally bowing down with fresh fruit? Figs, plums, raspberries.....
Chicken with orange slices, ill-cut, ill-cooked and clearly not eaten by anybody as evidenced in the shot of the empty plate -- empty of chicken but not of half-cooked too pithy orange slices. Meanwhile, grilled orange slices would be delicious in that dish. Not summer-appropriate, in my view.
So even when she's free of Fanny's draconian food budget -- the cheese platter! cheese for 12 people max, to serve 30! Plus I could write a whole essay on the innappropriate bowl of cut nectarines/peaches in the middle, thoughtless! -- Stuart goes for drastically out-of-season food which is so frugal her dishes could be labelled pantry dishes. In other words, you have the dates, the oranges, kicking around and can serve the truffles or the chicken Ricard any time. This is also grocery store and not farmers' market cooking.
Here's what's in season in the Paris markets now -- I assure you, not dates and oranges.

View attachment 2399811
She may be corden blue but she is only on letter B in her hand book.
Beige, Blobs, Badly displayed but on budget.

Her food looks so unappealing. As another Tatler has already expressed she is not able to put together a menu. No idea where her inspiration comes from …..does she ever eat out?
We do know the dump have the palette of a truck driver( apologies any truck drivers) eg Mac Donald’s …..

Fanny’s face is telling us what she eats… rubbish.

No fresh vegetables or fruit, no water, but lots of booze, late nights, carbohydrates and possibly Snorts breathing on her.
---
A QUANDRY? Is it like a VOLG or something? :ROFLMAO: ✌ :ROFLMAO:
In the WOLD of gourmet food in Instanbul too….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
As long as we're on about Fanny's appearance, she needs to ditch Annaleise if she wants a great cut and color. Annaleise has a limited repertoire which isn't doing Fanny any favors. Since Fanny can afford anything she wants, she should go to one of the high end Paris salons. The color she is currently showing is all wrong for her, too yellow and too light. I have medium ash blonde hair naturally and I believe Fanny is also an ash blonde underneath that brassy color. I had to be demanding when having my hair colored because so many stylists don't know how to do ash blonde hair correctly. They either go too ashy or to brassy. Her hair is thinning as she ages, so a shorter cut would be better, also she really needs to do something about that forehead which a good cut could help and get her eyebrows done. I got my eyebrows tattooed a few years ago to match my natural hair color, they still look great! The woman who did them purposefully left the ends a little short and high because she said as we age everything goes down, she was right. I would thinks Fanny would be into spa treatments, but I guess not. Phi could use a good scrub too.
"Phi could use a good scrub too."

Yes, with a fire hose and a hard bristle outdoor broom.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Detective tattlers... is this bedroom in tit'o liarlande?
And in case you haven't already met him this is Henri, Stuart's cat. I wonder how that sits with Despicable fanny having a cat in the house!
is this the famous the toile room?

Reactions: 12

View attachment 2399813

So even when she's free of Fanny's draconian food budget -- the cheese platter! cheese for 12 people max, to serve 30! Plus I could write a whole essay on the innappropriate bowl of cut nectarines/peaches in the middle, thoughtless! -- Stuart goes for drastically out-of-season food which is so frugal her dishes could be labelled pantry dishes. In other words, you have the dates, the oranges, kicking around and can serve the truffles or the chicken Ricard any time. This is also grocery store and not farmers' market cooking. It's also stone soup cooking -- something, neither very pretty or generous or talented, out of nothing. Compared to the glorious eats which came from la cuisine de la misere, true poor peoples' food, this stuff is ignorant, graceless, and oddly wasteful.

View attachment 2399811
I have to add, all the "salads" on this summer buffet, except the sliced tomatoes and corn, are shelf/root cellar winter staples -- quinoa, potatoes, lentils, cabbage, carrots, beets, pasta -- unsuited, it seems to me, for even the most frugal summer meals. (And never would I serve corn on the cob to a party of old people and their shakey dentures).

I was thinking of serving like an escabeche tweak of this, which sounds perfectly scrumptious. But too exotic for this crowd I think.

They'd get a really nice Frenchie version of meat and potatoes off me. Three dishes. Starter and dessert. Vichyssoise. Pate Berrichonne. Salade Nicoise, no fish. Plum and raspberry cake/bars. Lalande honey ice cream. They'd be crying for more, dentures intact.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

View attachment 2399813

View attachment 2399811
Totally agree re supermaket shop @billybudd and what the actuall hell is "smacked sumac'. Sumac is sumac, what did she do to sumac to justify that name I wonder :D As for salmon pasta with an orange & dill sauce. Dill sauce yes, but with orange ??? Is it just me??? Cordon Bleu she aint. I think the Lalande hype has got to her and she is going way OTT. That menu sounds revolting. Keep it simple and seasonal fgs and stop with the edible flowers on everything why don't yer :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 20

View attachment 2399813

View attachment 2399811
See what I meant when I said something was "off" about Stuart's food? If you look even beyond Patron Day at what she's posted, you'll see the same beige-i-ness to the food. No vibrancy. To your point about "beige".....here's her French potato salad. It's pretty sad when the most vibrant thing in the dish is the garnish, which consists of torn up malva zebrina and blue cornflowers!

I make French potato salad a couple of times a month, but add cherry tomatoes and French beans to mine so that when I add a protein (and if I'm lazy, I just open a jar of tuna or add just a few hard boiled eggs, depending on how ambitious I am!) it encompasses all food groups. By Labor Day, my husband is so sick of it, we don't have it again until May or June the following year, whenever I start seeing cherry tomatoes at the farm stand I go to!

1692817002092.png

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.