The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh goody something new!
Thrift is not in Fanny Jarvis's vocabulary. Also, that title is designed to attract her US fans, as in the UK, the shops are called charity shops and we don't use "thrifting" to mean buying things in charity shops.She has never been thrifty in her life and does not understand what thrift means.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Good for those commentors. It sounds as if she's going to do a whole series of insta stories on stuff in the dump. Heaven help us, her manner: gesticulating and posing, is deplorable. I feel like throwing something at her, preferably something fragile, maybe a piece of Spode.
Instagram and even worse Tik Tok are not forgiving with viewers comments... especially if touching a nerve... fast and furious... delete, delete, delete, it will take longer than editing her You tube vlogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
.... nad j
Let's recreate Fanny's Thrifty Day in London Town.

I call BS - I don't believe Fanny did all this in a single day, especially if she traveled by bus, as she said she did, for most of it. This itinerary would have included close to 4 hours travel time in a single day, plus all the filming.
  • Gets dressed, eats yogurt, bids Davy farewell
  • Walks to Angel Station
  • Travels on the 19 bus from Angel to Regent/Oxford Street (60 minutes travel time)
  • Visits Massimo Dutti store & tries on altered pants (and who knows what else)
  • Travels to St. John's Wood High Street by bus (30 minutes travel time)
  • Visits 4 charity shops
    • St. John's Hospice (tries on clothes and bought an orange cardigan)
    • Cancer Research UK (explores the clothing rails)
    • Oxfam (explores the clothing rails and purchased a book)
    • Shelter (explores the clothing rails
  • Travels back to Angel via bus (60 minutes travel time)
  • Changes clothes and does hair for the evening
  • Travels from Angel to Yves Delorme shop in Chelsea and picks up sheets
  • Travels from Chelsea to Ladbroke Hall in Notting Hill
  • Attends Patrimoine de France Evening Fundraiser at Ladbroke Hall
  • Travels with Snorty via car back to flat in Angel
... and judging from the fresh needle mark bumps all over her face, she managed to squeeze in a visit to the plastic surgeon's office as well. I suspect that was her sole reason for traipsing all the way across town.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Not policing, just informing.
The word goblin is being used as an anti-semitic slur nowadays.
Given the current situation in the world and the political climate, use of the word can quickly be misinterpreted and misunderstood.
--------------------------------------------------------
Adding.
I read there are currently stikes at the airports in France.
Can Fanny even be flying around now, or is driving to and from now the only option for her.
(I assume the witches broom is up in Narnia)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
There are you tube videos of people in Alaska that trap the pine martens, apparently they are very clever and difficult to trap, they sell the pelts. I will admit they are kinda of cute... Like a wolf in sheep's clothing. So fitting for the farmhouse fits right in.
---
View attachment 2895501
They are cute and they are predators...they don't distinguish between dearly loved poultry and poultry, they don't attach emotion to their needs, it is primal instinct and if the opportunity arises they will swoop in and reap the prize..... hmmmm remind you of anybody?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wonder if Despicable fanny would like to get behind a fundraiser for this. It is an icon of French patrimoine.

---
Don't know how this fits into Despicable fanny's timey-whimey time line but Stephane Bearn was in UK somewhere around 17th April filming at Castle Howard for his new series of Secrets d'Histoire for France3

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
You've got to give it to them, they've got ecclectic taste. It's just that their ecclectic taste is bad!

As others have said. Hire a catering company and be done with it.

"Come Thrift With Me"?! Honey, you are not a twenty year old influencer, you are an almost fifty year old spinster whose idea of thrifting is buying actual antiques and claiming it to be second hand. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

she won't because then she cant control the catering company staff by not taking videos etc or disclosure of the incorrect narrative she wants put out there the pollyanna ophran annie starbuck cannot afford staff and needs volunteers wah wah

• Haha
Reactions: 28
But who would lead the historic tours of the chateau Dump? You know all the grannies adore him, he's so knowledgeable and talented.
Sticky fingers Frk. Making her ‘ porridge’ ,so disgusting, dipping into nuts, cutting and orange then dipping into the coconut.
Filthy.
A bonus photo of the revolting’ creature’ .
The florist calling calendula campanula….

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Fanny, do those Yves Delorme sheets fit better than the bedspread and tablecloth+table skirt? Not that it matters since that bed is too small for the headboard and the bedspread. You need a larger bed & mattress, so you'll probably need larger bed sheets too.

Fanny, why do you keep throwing good money away on your terrible taste?

View attachment 2895815View attachment 2895816
The duvet cover is £449…
one pillow case is £105.
Was Wendy mouse not in the shop or did she not wish to be filmed this time?
How are the guests supposed to reach the bedside light switches now?
Snorts needs to put the picture higher up. It is all such a shambles.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh FRK you don't need help for Patreon Days. Take a page from the Jarvis handy kitchen tips... prepare the same amount as you do with weekend guests and serve smaller portions on smaller plates. No change to the weekly food budget and the patreons get the experience!

• Haha
I wouldn't ask my dear friend to do this let alone for free. How do people not see how avaricious yet mean spirited she is. It is a mystery.

Maybe this is why Fanny was in St Johns Wood

Treatment for Wrinkles from £149
ServiceScore™
is a WhatClinic original rating of customer service based on interaction data between users and clinics on our site, including response times and patient feedback. It is a different score than review rating." style="background-image: none; background-position: 0px 0px; background-size: auto; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: padding-box; background-clip: border-box; margin: 0px auto; padding: 3px 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); outline: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-size: 14px; display: flex; flex-flow: column; width: 174px; justify-content: center; line-height: 24px;">
ServiceScore™
No score yet
View attachment 2895993
The Aesthetics Room - West Hampstead
198a Broadhurst Gardens, West Hampstead, NW6 3AY
For more information about The Aesthetics Room - West Hampstead in Finchley Road please contact the clinic.
Dermal Fillers from £250
Lip Augmentation £250 - £300
Treatment for Wrinkles
ServiceScore™
is a WhatClinic original rating of customer service based on interaction data between users and clinics on our site, including response times and patient feedback. It is a different score than review rating." style="background-image: none; background-position: 0px 0px; background-size: auto; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: padding-box; background-clip: border-box; margin: 0px auto; padding: 3px 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); outline: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-size: 14px; display: flex; flex-flow: column; width: 174px; justify-content: center; line-height: 24px;">
ServiceScore™
No score yet
View attachment 2895994
Azimzadeh Aesthetics
St John's Wood, London, NW8 6DN
Hannah Azimzadeh RGN nurse since 2007. She is a Nurse in General Practice for the NHS. In 2009 Hannah worked alongside Charles East one of Britain’s best Rhinoplasty surgeons. Through this her love for Aesthetic medicine grew. She introduced aesthetic procedures to pre and postoperative patients. Hannah completed her medical aesthetic training with the Royal Society of Medicine. Hannah attends regular training and seminars to ensure she always keeps her knowledge and treatments up to date. As the Founder of The Aesthetic Club London she is driven to provide a Nurse-led medical aesthetic clinic. Hannah provides personalised; consultations, treatment and follow up care, ensuring patients receive the highest standards throughout. Hannah strongly believes in listening to her patients to ensure she fully understands their expectations. This ensures she is able to provide an honest and realistic plan of treatment, creating the most natural look for her patients. Her aim is to provide a tailor made experience for every patient.
Dermal Fillers
Lip Augmentation
First, hopefully they offer refunds for bad work. Second, if she’s responsible for Fanny’s discount facial disasters I would not want her services in any way. Lastly, if she didn’t preform Fanny’s work then she would be best served to avoid any connection with that horror.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
So no Dana this year to help? No Stuart? No Tante? Whats happening with no support from the 'friends'.
1714047767566.gif

1714047661588.gif

1714044846299.png

Nichola Jane Taylor

incabellablog
It’s happening! I have been very fortunate and honoured to have had the opportunity to work with so many talented chefs and wonderful people during my career in the hospitality industry. So I’m excited to be able to tell you my latest news! Now that we are progressing further with the new project, I can reveal more. I can say at this stage, that it involves me moving to Haworth in Yorkshire, where I’ll be joining an already successful business, to start work on the next chapter of my cooking career. I’ll be working with my dear friends (of 30+years) and business owners, Jill & Michael @cobblesandclay and their amazing team. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll also be spending a lot more time in Haworth, with my lovely friend @bymariewiik whilst she continues to work on her beautiful floral designs and establishes her new business. As you may know already, I had the pleasure of working with Marie @chateaudelalandeand appearing in château diaries in the summer of 2020. We became good friends, so it’s very exciting to be bringing together, friends with such passion and positive energy to collaborate on a new venture. Follow along on Instagram to see our exciting new projects unfold over the next few months. It’s going to be very exciting and a great new adventure indeed for all. @cobblesandclay@bymariewiik @incabellablog @incabella.com @chateaudelalande @stephanieejarvis @johnwrightmushroomsjoh

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't really see how so many people in one house won't manage to prepare food for 40 people. You could easily prepare the desserts and some other dishes a day in advance. But I guess FRK is too fixed on being a "real chef" and anyone else to lazy to help.
Especially with what they serve! Last year, Stuart gave a good primer on what to do.....make big bowls of different salads. Now, I thought the salads were whack, but the principle should be the same - and it looked way better than the one piece of thick packaged ham from the supermarket on lettuce leaves from the year before. Marie doesn't have to reinvent the wheel.

P.S. Someone asked why Stuart isn't doing it again this year. She's still at La Peetch with a full time job there as Hospitality Manager, living in Grasse.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.