The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine being a trained cook and rocked up to help prepare lunches, and had to work under stupid Marie. The fallout would reverberate across France. Any experienced cook would be mortified dealing with her nonsense.
That’s what I was thinking. As much as I have high hopes for her to get her life in order one day, she’s not really trained. No one who is will want to work under her for one second.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
But now it's back.....I can see it!
I thought Stephanie already gave out the dates? Or was that a fever dream?

ETA: Looks like she amended the second slide at the bottom with her email address to apply and an admonition to only apply if you meet the requirements. QUESTION: Does Marie meet all the requirements? Has she made lunch for 30-50 people?

View attachment 2895800

View attachment 2895801
Is Marie capable and experienced enough to
assess CVs and select someone to work in her "restaurant kitchen". Is Fanny daft enough (she's certainly lazy enough) to leave it all to Marie? Of course, by letting Marie choose, Fanny is covering herself; if it all goes wrong, Marie will be the culprit. Given Marie's character and her proness to being jealous of anyone else who can cook well, she is likely to choose someone she knows will not outshine her. Last year, I think they just had one main cook with hangers on, like Dana, helping out. I guess Marie has refused to do it by herself which will do doubt be a blow to Fanny who probably financed Marie's course in the UK and wanted to keep her staff costs low. Maybe Marie wants the uniform to prove she's the Head Chef and the other person will be called her sous chef!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Did you notice that Marie cleaned the gross cabinet doors so hard she took the paint off.... and also off of the tiles behind the old range cooker. I bet Fanny was furious. Her excuse to keep the cabinet doors was the patina but it's been ruined now
Maybe Fanny can get the chapel restorers to repaint the sacred pantry doors to restore their original Ikea patina.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Wearing that jacket, he's trying to look like a country gentleman, the lord of the estate. He is, however, completely unable to carry it off as he is so ungainly, so crass, and so ignorant.
---
Unbelievable that stingy, greedy Stephanie pockets almost $400,000 yearly from Patrons ( $250 000 in her personal accounts) yet refuses to have the patrons day event catered or to pay for an extra cook for two days to feed the seven Patrons that will show up at the dump. That is just crazy. Stephanie need to crack open that wallet, let the moths fly out, and take some of her grifted funds to pay for a couple of decent meals for the people who contribute to her luxury lifestyle with no accountability. She needs to tell her broke ass stoneless brocante “ boyfriend” cast member to get off his ass, stop following his porcelain, and help Marie.
She should pay for a really excellent outside caterer to cook and serve two days' worth of excellent, typically French meals, in gratitude for the patrons who enable her to live as she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I bet most every set of china/ porcelain owned by Stephanie and Snorty contain unacceptably high levels of lead.Look at this 2011 article about all the children who died of lead poisoning while making wedgewood in the 1800’s.

But before we become too enthusiastic about the entrepreneurial commercial ingenuity of Josiah Wedgwood, we need to take into account that the Wedgwood factories employed boys as young as eight years as assistants to "dippers" in the final process of applying a leaded glaze. The glaze contained lead oxide and lead carbonate, and any contact with the glaze during the manufacturing process resulted in absorption of lead into the body.

Nearly all these children suffered from serious lead poisoning, many of them died before adolescence, and those who did not die had serious neurological consequences. The common symptoms of workers in the Wedgwood factories were colic, convulsions, paralysis of the limbs, blindness, and general emaciation. With lower levels of lead absorption, the consequences for the developing brain of a child could be more subtle but still devastating, since lead is one of the most powerful neurotoxins known.”

Wedgwood started using a fritted glaze in the early 20th century, and that for the most part stopped the lead poisoning problem in their factories. As for antique Wedgwood, if you have any of it, the next time you sip tea out of an antique Wedgwood teacup, when you put the cup down on that pretty saucer you might give a thought to the eight-year-old boys who were poisoned in the dipping process. It's a story of teacups for royalty and tombstones for children. “

When I was selling paucillin over twenty years ago some of the patterns had to be withdrawn due to the unacceptable levels of lead in the paint.
Red/ burgundy shades are especially bad.
As for the crystal it certainly is known to leach lead but fairly low levels to drink from. The decanters are another matter especially as at the dump we know they store alcohol, especially the boxed wine in them overnight and maybe longer.

I think the guest have great er chances of food poisoning or danger by way of the building collapsing or falling on them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Not policing, just informing.
The word goblin is being used as an anti-semitic slur nowadays.
Given the current situation in the world and the political climate, use of the word can quickly be misinterpreted and misunderstood.
--------------------------------------------------------
Adding.
I read there are currently stikes at the airports in France.
Can Fanny even be flying around now, or is driving to and from now the only option for her.
(I assume the witches broom is up in Narnia)
Never heard the word used in that context. Apologies. Happy to edit my post accordingly.
I was thinking more of Fanny in the classic sense of an odious monster 👹 who greedily gobbles up everyone in her path.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
People get sick of being used
No Kim Raad, No Tante Chantal, No Two Puffs, No Josie - those people know how to cook for a crowd, so good on them if they’ve finally told Fanny they won’t be her slave kitchen staff for another paaaaaarty.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
What kind of fundraiser was it? Did they buy their place at the table? Were items auctioned? How was money raised?
Doesn't that organization only benefit listed properties? If so, why yhe F were those shitheads in attendance? Was she invited to bloviate about her grift?
Perhaps she was representing John and his more important chateau. I noticed she bought the cardigan to match her nails!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
How many trees does it take to make this completely over engineered work surface?
Fanny exclaiming why she loves living… in London. Do you Fanny.
What would the Charity that supports all the historic homes in France whose champagne your drank think about your pretend living in France and PAYING YOUR TAXES IN THE UK.
Am I right in thinking Fanny gets tax relief for her patron money for renovations. It is NOT helping the system in France.
Fanny is a liar and cheat.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 31
No Kim Raad, No Tante Chantal, No Two Puffs, No Josie - those people know how to cook for a crowd, so good on them if they’ve finally told Fanny they won’t be her slave kitchen staff for another paaaaaarty.
it would be far easier to just do the afternoon and have a Patreon tea. Buy the pastries and make various fingers sandwiches a couple days in advance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
What an extraordinary do at Ladbroke Hall. Sitting at tables for a talk and visual presentation is not ideal for those at the round tables behind the cosy tables-for-two - just perfect for the Lalande lovebirds - in the front row.

No mention of the evening on the Ladbroke Hall website, so I imagine it was a private event and tickets were only available by invitation. I couldn’t work out who was holding the event and which fundraising entity would benefit. From the organisers’ perspective, judging by the way the room was laid out, it looked as if attendance might have been disappointingly thin on the ground.

I’m sure it was all very interesting. However, If some or all of the talk was in French, how much did the prancing twerp understand? Or has he been Babbeling with rather more success than his affianced’s efforts to learn Dutch, and he’s now fluent?

Why isn’t Steff wearing the (frightful) resized ring on her left hand, at least until a suitable “rock” is found for the heirloom stoneless engagement ring with which PJ pled his troth?

The Kia conundrum, a theory: PhlipPhlop drove the Porsche to England after his jaunt to Maaaaaike’s birthday bash, the car was reunited with Andrew somewhere outside London, PJ then picked up a cheapo hire car which they dumped at Stansted airport before flying back to LaLaLande. It sounds feasible - not that that means anything when thinking about the tangled web spun about any travel arrangements by that !

e.t.a. Just seen SJ’s comment about the Ladbroke Hall evening being aimed at the French community in London - thank you, @Just Grift Wood for posting that!
She hasn't one worn any ring on the correct finger since getting engaged, not even on the day they announced it. I get the impression she doesn't want anyone outside the Chateau Diaries circle to know that she is engaged as she has no intention of ever marrying him. Also, she might still be hoping that she'll meet a richer man with a great deal more status than Snorty who is useful for the time being as an enabler, and some of the grannies like him. She's not hurrying to get a proper ring as she would be expected to wear that on the corect finger.

• Heart
  • Haha
Interesting.....did they finally return the Porsche to the Puff?
No.
Aunty and Uncle have uncovered their Merc.
Frk has given a good screen shot of Natty and Amaurys car reg.
The boot that the stolen Delorme sheets were put in is a taxi based in the Wimbledon area.

Why was Davy in the UK?
No sign of the fiesta. Fanny’s lies and time lines are a map on her face.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Sticky fingers Frk. Making her ‘ porridge’ ,so disgusting, dipping into nuts, cutting and orange then dipping into the coconut.
Filthy.
A bonus photo of the revolting’ creature’ .
The florist calling calendula campanula….
Snorty still has what is referred to as a highly punchable face.
---
Maybe Fanny can get the chapel restorers to repaint the sacred pantry doors to restore their original Ikea patina.
She will need to get several surveys and estimates the cost at $20,000.00 at this time.
---
Perhaps she was representing John and his more important chateau. I noticed she bought the cardigan to match her nails!
The cardigan also matched her mentos engagement ring.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is it my imagination? I thought Fanny showed us the entrance and salon name when getting her nails done. Has she edited that out now? If so why?

• Wow
Is Marie capable and experienced enough to
assess CVs and select someone to work in her "restaurant kitchen". Is Fanny daft enough (she's certainly lazy enough) to leave it all to Marie? Of course, by letting Marie choose, Fanny is covering herself; if it all goes wrong, Marie will be the culprit. Given Marie's character and her proness to being jealous of anyone else who can cook well, she is likely to choose someone she knows will not outshine her. Last year, I think they just had one main cook with hangers on, like Dana, helping out. I guess Marie has refused to do it by herself which will do doubt be a blow to Fanny who probably financed Marie's course in the UK and wanted to keep her staff costs low. Maybe Marie wants the uniform to prove she's the Head Chef and the other person will be called her sous chef!
Bet she and Fanny had the nerve to ask Nikki of Howarth fame to come help out, I hope she told her where to go !! Josie would be good, she tells us how it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
No.
Aunty and Uncle have uncovered their Merc.
Frk has given a good screen shot of Natty and Amaurys car reg.
The boot that the stolen Delorme sheets were put in is a taxi based in the Wimbledon area.

Why was Davy in the UK?
No sign of the fiesta. Fanny’s lies and time lines are a map on her face.
1714053482576.gif

1714053398249.gif

1714053101350.jpeg

1714052771100.jpeg

1714052703874.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.