The Chateau Diaries #296 Will the grand salon fall before the mayonnaise jar tower?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting. It's the "Richmond way" to get things done. Is this a snipe at Stephanie, who NEVER gets things done?
If you click on where it says "bathroom", you can see Nati speaking and then on to watch Amaury and his mom do some work.

I do hope that am n' nat are preparing to leave shithole de lielande. But not bring the entire entourage from said shithole. I could almost tolerate them. And, to be fair, tante twotonne is returning to where she's from.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Interesting. It's the "Richmond way" to get things done. Is this a snipe at Stephanie, who NEVER gets things done?
If you click on where it says "bathroom", you can see Nati speaking and then on to watch Amaury and his mom do some work.

Definitely dissing Fanny's lack of work ethic! It must be nice for Amaury to work with his parents renovating their new place in France and actually finishing projects. Perhaps this will encourage Natti and Amaury to ditch The Dump, find a place to renovate on their own, and vlog it. It would serve Fanny right to be left in the lurch without someone to do her bidding. She's not going to find too many other competent workers that are willing to put up with her nonsense. Anyone she gets won't stay long.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh but I can remember when he did something at Lalande. He had a Most Important Job. In fact Lalande at Easter would not have been able to function without him. Fanny made a huge fuss about the fact that Nic was in charge of hiding all the Easter eggs ready for the big hunt. It required a huge effort on his part, being responsible for the grand plan that made sure that the visitors found a few eggs, but that Fanny would find the biggest and best and get more in her basket than anybody else.

(Just an excuse for another Blast from the Past from my Easter photo stash, in the days when he was happy to be seen without a bag on his head, but with a fox fur over his shoulders ;) ):

View attachment 2843813
I am wracking my brain to figure why this pipsqueak should think so much of himself he had to go underground after two decades of being photographed with Fanny, and, I would wager, acknowledged in said photographs as a co-owner of Lalande. So his face is on the record for the tax man, should he ever take an interest.
All we know is that, according to Clara, Isabelle and Stephanie were so appalled when Nic Larkin decided he was to marry Marie, that they spent an entire dinner conversation obsessing that she would wish to re-decorate the shitoo, as the wife of a co-owner. Second, that Larkin said at some point the alliance with Pheeph was most unfortunate.
When he went under the bag, I'd wager he was already married to a well-employed wife whose bosses might frown upon this louche connection.
So. Already known to tax man, wife impervious to any louche connection, Larkin covers his own face.
The only reason I can think of is he knows something about Jarvis' life and practice, what and how she would film, with which he does not wish to be visually associated. Very strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Nick & family have stayed in the chateau many times in their apartment in the past with the current heating conditions or dare I say lack there of. What was different this time that required them to stay in the Marquis suite????????? The orange fence???????Clearly, they cannot go into their own apartment because of the investigation.

IMG_9393.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Look at him, that beaver,
drinking gives him love fever,
But his flat awkward tail,
makes mating a miserable fail

IMG_1717.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It might be a slowish weekend here due to the Easter holidays so I would like to pose a few off topic questions to everyone. We have such a diverse group here from so many different countries. I would like to ask everyone here:

1. What is your favorite dessert or desserts from your country? What is your least favorite dessert?

2. If you celebrate Easter or have ever participated in Easter egg hunts or received an Easter basket, what was your favorite candy to receive? What Easter candy did you hate? Did you ever dye and hide real eggs? Did you receive more than candy from the Easter bunny?

3. Do you have a favorite Easter memory?

I hated these hard shelled marshmallow Easter eggs with the hard candy shell. They were used in most every Easter egg hunt I participated in as a child at church, school, grandparent”s house, neighbors’ homes, etc. I think they have a shelf life of 1,000 years. My grandparents hid some in their backyard, and found one about a decade later. It looked the same as the day it was hidden. I really hated them and the taste of them.

My grandparents had us dye real hard boiled eggs once and they hid 24 eggs in their back yard. We only found 22 eggs. We looked everywhere. My grandfather forgot where he hid all of the eggs. Over the next week or so, the remaining smelly eggs were finally located one by one.
Love this!

1. My favourite is lemon meringue tart - I actually made one today as it's a family's favourite. Also love chocolate mousse.
2. We only receive chocolate from the Easter bunny (chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs) - I usually don't reveal where I'm from on the internet but this somewhat gives away that I live in one of those small European countries that's really into chocolate ;) Easter egg hunts have been popular here since I was little. I also dye eggs the traditional way with onion skins and other leaves every year, although the kids often prefer to paint them with brighter food colouring. We don't hide those though - I heard too many bad stories of people who found foul eggs months later!
3. My favourite memory is definitely Easter egg hunts when I was a kid. In our family it was custom that the Easter bunny came early in the morning, so we would rush outside into the garden right when we woke up. I only understood much later that this meant that my poor father had to get up at like 6 in the morning to go outside and hide all the eggs so we kids wouldn't notice anything 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Nick & family have stayed in the chateau many times in their apartment in the past with the current heating conditions or dare I say lack there of. What was different this time that required them to stay in the Marquis suite????????? The orange fence???????Clearly, they cannot go into their own apartment because of the investigation.

View attachment 2844736
I don't think Lalande has ever been in a worse state than right now with the Grand salon (and the winter salon) out of action, Nick's apartment inaccessible, heating still not working, the terrace breaking apart... Also the lights weren't properly working at the dinner in the last vlog.
I don't think it won't take long until one of the three owners will jump ship. They must be aware that they will never be able to fix this.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't think Lalande has ever been in a worse state than right now with the Grand salon (and the winter salon) out of action, Nick's apartment inaccessible, heating still not working, the terrace breaking apart... Also the lights weren't properly working at the dinner in the last vlog.
I don't think it won't take long until one of the three owners will jump ship. They must be aware that they will never be able to fix this.
Septic for Nicks apartment needs replacing, lights out round the boxing ring fountain and courtyard out of bounds... Amaury hasn't renovated the kitchen area either yet...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I am wracking my brain to figure why this pipsqueak should think so much of himself he had to go underground after two decades of being photographed with Fanny, and, I would wager, acknowledged in said photographs as a co-owner of Lalande. So his face is on the record for the tax man, should he ever take an interest.
All we know is that, according to Clara, Isabelle and Stephanie were so appalled when Nic Larkin decided he was to marry Marie, that they spent an entire dinner conversation obsessing that she would wish to re-decorate the shitoo, as the wife of a co-owner. Second, that Larkin said at some point the alliance with Pheeph was most unfortunate.
When he went under the bag, I'd wager he was already married to a well-employed wife whose bosses might frown upon this louche connection.
So. Already known to tax man, wife impervious to any louche connection, Larkin covers his own face.
The only reason I can think of is he knows something about Jarvis' life and practice, what and how she would film, with which he does not wish to be visually associated. Very strange.
Indeed, very strange. He certainly knows all of Jarvis's secrets. I can imagine why he may have covered his face once or twice as a joke in the early days when he didn't really like having the pink phone in his face, but to keep on doing it for so long is behaviour beyond anything I can understand.

The only thing I can come up with is this suggestion:

Do you think that in his muddled mind maybe today's older, sober, clean Larkin does not want to be seen on youtube in any way linked with his former self as portrayed in those early party pictures of debauchery and other dubious behaviours? Maybe he simply cannot face up to the part he played in the Jarvis family shenanigans pre CD.

The bag may be a very juvenile attempt at disassociation fuelled by intense embarrassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.