The Chateau Diaries #296 Will the grand salon fall before the mayonnaise jar tower?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favorite part of Easter growing up was planning and sewing my Sunday mass outfit, including of course, an Easter bonnet! It was the only time I remember wearing yellow. I do wish women would wear beautiful hats again, not hats inspired by menswear. Something more along the lines of my avatar's floral confection! 🤣 👒 I love the Easter parade scene from Holiday Inn. Corny, absolutely!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wow...imagine saying in your vlog that you can't have your regular Easter party because........."even though we made a big deal about it on our vlogs at the time, the truth is it is just another unfinished project and we have no heat!"

Honestly, I call bullshit on her excuse. This party would have had to have been planned weeks in advance, at a time when she couldn't have known the weather would be cold and rainy. She never intended to have this party. She couldn't have had this party because she has no room adn the whole place is unsafe at this point.
But will it be any different next year?... Not a chance in hell.
---
A building site would confer there is some build
Simply a walk down Covid lane when it was so fun and cozy to be quarantined. Also because there is no heating, but no heating has never stopped Fanny before.

Also, why didn’t Fanny set up the damn embroidery machine on Natti’s desk - it’s not like Natti is going to use it (ever again).
She has to be the center of attention... She could set it up in her own office but then nobody could coo over her..

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
The whole adult Easter egg hunt and party at LaLande is so ridiculous! Once again, it showcases Fanny's immaturity and childishness. Why not sponsor an egg hunt for the village children? Of course, it would need to be held somewhere in the village, not at The Dump. Great content and community building. Oh, that's right, Fan doesn't know or care about community building other than her own entourage of brown nosers. 💩 🤡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Interesting. It's the "Richmond way" to get things done. Is this a snipe at Stephanie, who NEVER gets things done?
If you click on where it says "bathroom", you can see Nati speaking and then on to watch Amaury and his mom do some work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Argh! No. MaxMara is one of my go to brands. God that's so unfair.
Tbh I didn't like it on the model either...
---
I think Marie is stupid. Whether or not she has a developmental problem I can only speculate. But I can tell from watching her that she is dead stupid. I’d rather be anything but stupid.
I don't think any of them can see further than the nose on their faces... there is no awareness of what's going on around them, they each perform when the camera is rolling, Marie would rather be all cheffie and risk losing a finger with a manual Mandoline because each slice has to be equal in proportion. She's giggling as Lancelot is worrying the sheep which would only take a turn in direction for him to be trampled. Marie looked like she had her nose put out of joint when Marie (wife of baghead) took over the kitchen to make the lamb, Antoinne was dragged in under the pretence of having a latte. I'm not sure what Sabina brings to the party, I don't get her at all. What's with all the chocolate mouldings and embroidery when you have guests, who when they arrive have to start rearranging their accomodation in order to be warm.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Tbh I didn't like it on the model either...
---

I don't think any of them can see further than the nose on their faces... there is no awareness of what's going on around them, they each perform when the camera is rolling, Marie would rather be all cheffie and risk losing a finger with a manual Mandoline because each slice has to be equal in proportion. She's giggling as Lancelot is worrying the sheep which would only take a turn in direction for him to be trampled. Marie looked like she had her nose put out of joint when Marie (wife of baghead) took over the kitchen to make the lamb, Antoinne was dragged in under the pretence of having a latte. I'm not sure what Sabina brings to the party, I don't get her at all. What's with all the chocolate mouldings and embroidery when you have guests, who when they arrive have to start rearranging their accomodation in order to be warm.
She made me laugh about wanting the manual Mandolin said something like 'professional hands' blow your own trumpet why don't you. Yes she wasn't happy with Marie Baghead cooking, I would have thought great, a night off.

Sabina = odd

They're all out to lunch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
How lovely to see him...... I think he lived in Camberwell for some time but ended up in Sydney. So his skin was way better than Fanny's ! :love:
I did go to one of his concerts many many years ago ....... No ... not near the front ! :ROFLMAO:
As you know - if you are up in the front he will pick on you !
Gladdies were thrown in the end .
He was one of a kind !
He grew up in Camberwell and went to Camberwell Boys Grammar.
My husband's uncle was at Melbourne Uni with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
yeah, it was sort of 15 minutes of nothing. As I mentioned before, I always fast forward through the chapel stuff. Not that I'm not interested in that sort of thing, but I'm just not that interested in her particular chapel and all the lies she tells surrounding it. I might care about the people working on her chapel, but the one time I saw her talking to them - in French and with subtitles - it was such inane conversation, I couldn't watch any more moving forward. It's demeaning to those guys and what they do and I'm disappointed that they indulge her with this mindless patter for a vlog.

Everyone, even well skilled tradesmen, want their 15 minutes of fame, it seems.
Her content is so stale.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She made me laugh about wanting the manual Mandolin said something like 'professional hands' blow your own trumpet why don't you. Yes she wasn't happy with Marie Baghead cooking, I would have thought great, a night off.

Sabina = odd

They're all out to lunch
FRK “you can’t tell me what to do“ is definitely territorial about the kitchen and cooking at the Dump. She was unhappy when Maria was cooking instead of her this past fall and when Baghead’s Marie was cooking lamb. Lucky for Marie that ✋🏻man hands ✋🏻Stephanie was at her side ” helping” her scrape dough off the cooking pot because it is unlikely Baghead’s short little arms and hands could have even reached the pot on the range and it would be dangerous for his paper bag clad head to be so close to the oven.

Fanny’s ginormous man hands helped in this situation, it is a LieLande Easter miracle! Baghead was also preoccupied mapping out where to hide the grand prize for Easter egg hunt on Sunday and texting Fanny the location so she could be guaranteed to win the hunt ( as is the tradition at every Dump Easter) while also playing playstation computer games in the marquis suite.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
THE DUMP CREW IS WORRIED, DUMP ACCOUNT CAROLINE GOODER IS CRAWLING ALL OVER THE COMMENT SECTION.
@susannahwhitaker994
4 hours ago
Love you all, but please don’t let Marie rule the roost too much lol

@susannahwhitaker994
3 hours ago
@jourdainjardin846 it just seems sometimes Marie slightly over rides Steph since she has been on her course. I agree she is excellent in what she does but she must have respect for her employer

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Probably not getting paid anything, only bed and board

@mireille4751
2 hours ago
@Jezz1946 The cooking course was not cheap and she just bought a car. In my opinion she is paid staff. During her previous stay in Lalande, she was given a white van that she sold before going to England

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
Maire is the B&B chef/flower creator for the season. She already has equipment bought, including vases, glasses etc for the season. The garden produce and the menus for the season are already being planned. She did several seasons before Maria, and as it is her territory, Chef has the final word. Everyone is also friends so don't worry

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Rewatching the old early vlogs.. so much more entertaining. Michael Petherick days were great fun!

@carolinegooder7091
2 hours ago
Michael is over 5 hours away and doesn't drive. He is very busy right now working on the family Chateau. I wish he would vlog more, but material for the Chateau is taking a lot of time to find, like the subway tiles

@LillyEve1
2 hours ago (edited)
I'm a bit new to this channel. So is this place for guests to stay in, like a B&B ? Or it's their home and have all of those employees to help out?

View attachment 2844176
@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
Google Stay at Chateau de La Lalande for the booking link
Yeah, @LillyEve1 google stay at Chateau de La Lande. But be warned, if you are not a patron you can't stay. Nor can you stay unless you are a high tier patron willing to shower Despicable fanny with gifts. And, you will be thoroughly vetted. So even if you pass the above criteria you still may not be allowed to stay. You will require a well padded bank account to pay for your overpriced stay. And last, but by no means least, either wear blinkers or opaque glasses and be sure to take penicillin and an epi-pen. Bon voyage.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Interesting. It's the "Richmond way" to get things done. Is this a snipe at Stephanie, who NEVER gets things done?
If you click on where it says "bathroom", you can see Nati speaking and then on to watch Amaury and his mom do some work.

i'm more and more sure fithy shateleine doesn't let Amaury work on her filty shatow.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Easter weekend menu:
(From Friday to Monday)

Octopus salad
View attachment 2843955
Sea bream
View attachment 2843957

Boiled salted potatoes with parsley and olive oil
View attachment 2843958
Roast lamb with new potatoes and a salad of your choice (scallions, radishes or lettuce).
View attachment 2843962
One old-fashioned cake with bananas and chocolate
View attachment 2843966
Carrot cake with mascarpone cream.
View attachment 2843965
Boiled smoked ham (can't do without it) with boiled eggs
View attachment 2843967
Cream cheese and horseradish sauce
View attachment 2843964
Easter eggs dyed in onion skins. Beautiful and edible.
View attachment 2843960

Salad of boiled vegetables with lemon juice and mayonnaise (known in our country as French salad). An indispensable part of holiday tables.
View attachment 2843963
In our part of the world, Easter egg hunts have been organized (in some places) only in the last few years, so I don't know anything about that or the sweets from the hunt. The main fun is coloring Easter eggs. Here, children receive Easter gifts, as they do for Christmas, and the gifts are brought by the Easter bunny.

(Photos are borrowed from the internet because I'm not an influencer so I don't have my own.)
Happy Easter, Tea. I thought it was Fezziwig of whom it was said, he knew how to keep Christmas well. Turns out it was Scrooge himself.
If anyone knows how to keep Easter well, it is you.
God bless us, every one.
Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 1.21.13 PM.png

---
Gosh someone sends them perfectly nice blue linen napkins and she buggers them up with her pathetic bunnies she is so ungrateful. Marie comes to stay and she is cooking, Stephanie. It takes two of them to watch the machine. A whole Chateau and they have no work room because it is all a building site. I would be embarrassed if I was Steph to show how little I do.
Yes, those WERE nice napkins and now they're unusable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Is Fanny and or Pee pee ill?

Bearing in mind their love of paucillin and themselves what about this? Paaahffect for spaghetti. Imagine the whole dinner service of various shots of Pee pee and Fanny.🙄
Also , those ugly clamps for asparagus look filthy. An under butler would know how to clean EPNS .

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.