The Chateau Diaries #296 Will the grand salon fall before the mayonnaise jar tower?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure when Easter egg hunts started in the UK but they didn't exist here when I was a child. It's a bit like Halloween. Eventually, we copy what happens in the States. Easter egg hunts are very popular here now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Easter weekend menu:
(From Friday to Monday)

Octopus salad
View attachment 2843955
Sea bream
View attachment 2843957

Boiled salted potatoes with parsley and olive oil
View attachment 2843958
Roast lamb with new potatoes and a salad of your choice (scallions, radishes or lettuce).
View attachment 2843962
One old-fashioned cake with bananas and chocolate
View attachment 2843966
Carrot cake with mascarpone cream.
View attachment 2843965
Boiled smoked ham (can't do without it) with boiled eggs
View attachment 2843967
Cream cheese and horseradish sauce
View attachment 2843964
Easter eggs dyed in onion skins. Beautiful and edible.
View attachment 2843960

Salad of boiled vegetables with lemon juice and mayonnaise (known in our country as French salad). An indispensable part of holiday tables.
View attachment 2843963
In our part of the world, Easter egg hunts have been organized (in some places) only in the last few years, so I don't know anything about that or the sweets from the hunt. The main fun is coloring Easter eggs. Here, children receive Easter gifts, as they do for Christmas, and the gifts are brought by the Easter bunny.

(Photos are borrowed from the internet because I'm not an influencer so I don't have my own.)
Find @Heathcliffe we need the plane to charter all of us over to you for Easter. Let's make it an auberge espanol and everyone bring their favorite dish and drink. All tattlers welcome, not just VIP's

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes, this pissing away of good fortune and time and opportunity really wears on me.
And Daniel Kanter's boyfriend meanwhile is hosting another old window rehab weekend this summer. He's a genius and has provided eager learners with the 19th century windows of the community center of his upstate NY summer cottage enclave, all charming 19th century Methodist, I think, encampment lakeside follies. Community center venerable, charming, full of ancient six over six windows dying for a rehab.
@ittybittybungalow at IG

With just the tiniest bit of gumption or even care of the place, Fanny could host several such workshops.
I follow ittybittybungalow on IG that community is not far from me. It is a special little lake . I was surprised to see you post this, small world

• Heart
Reactions: 12
she said it was because there was no heating and the forecast was for cold weather (didn't stop her at Christmas or last week) the real reason is 1) she has no real friends 2) there is no where to sit 3) the house is a bomb site and the orange fence
The dump got seriously smaller since the deadly accident…

Wonder how many rooms and apartments are not in use this year?

She has no place for anything. How can she even speak of a new BnB season when the place is falling apart.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh but I can remember when he did something at Lalande. He had a Most Important Job. In fact Lalande at Easter would not have been able to function without him. Fanny made a huge fuss about the fact that Nic was in charge of hiding all the Easter eggs ready for the big hunt. It required a huge effort on his part, being responsible for the grand plan that made sure that the visitors found a few eggs, but that Fanny would find the biggest and best and get more in her basket than anybody else.

(Just an excuse for another Blast from the Past from my Easter photo stash, in the days when he was happy to be seen without a bag on his head, but with a fox fur over his shoulders ;) ):

View attachment 2843813
I think the resemblance to Derek is clear.
Good grief, it's Daddy!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Wow...imagine saying in your vlog that you can't have your regular Easter party because........."even though we made a big deal about it on our vlogs at the time, the truth is it is just another unfinished project and we have no heat!"

Honestly, I call bullshit on her excuse. This party would have had to have been planned weeks in advance, at a time when she couldn't have known the weather would be cold and rainy. She never intended to have this party. She couldn't have had this party because she has no room adn the whole place is unsafe at this point.
Ohhhh now that is interesting. Tick tock. Tick tock. ( i haven’t a clue what is going on there or here. Just quickly skimming thru hoping for a kaboom. I believe this is as good as🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
IMG_0938.jpeg

didn’t you ask about Easter traumas or bad memories @graciemckitten ?

Easter were always amazing growing up and as an adult raising kids. I love Easter.

This is my one and only Easter bad memory. This scary image has the power to impregnate one memory like motor oil 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
It might be a slowish weekend here due to the Easter holidays so I would like to pose a few off topic questions to everyone. We have such a diverse group here from so many different countries. I would like to ask everyone here:

1. What is your favorite dessert or desserts from your country? What is your least favorite dessert?
I've rarely met a dessert I didn't like, unless it has rhubarb...not a fan of rhubarb🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm not sure when Easter egg hunts started in the UK but they didn't exist here when I was a child. It's a bit like Halloween. Eventually, we copy what happens in the States. Easter egg hunts are very popular here now.
They've started in recent years here in France. Though down here in the south Paquette is the tradition on easter Sunday. A picnic, outdoors, usually the whole village. Everyone takes something and everything is shared. No Easter egg hunt until quite recently, but the hunt for wild asparagus is competitive.

Himself and I have always said that whatever trend starts in America then starts in the UK 20 years later. The French then pick up the trend 20 years after the brits. No offense friends over the pond. Just a personal observation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m bored out of my skull at work today and Fanny’s meagre offerings (no sniggering in the back, please) aren’t doing it for me. Since we’ve added cookware to our lengthy list of entertaining diversions I thought I’d weigh in. I have a few pieces of my grandmother’s Lodge cast iron, two frying pans and two dutch ovens. They’re great for cornbread, pan frying meats, stews or slow roasting. I even use the large dutch oven for baking rustic loaves of bread. My sheet pans and most bakeware are Nordicware natural aluminum that I’ve had for a decade. Most of my cookware is recent investment from Made In. They’re expensive but outstanding quality. I got one of the stainless clad sets made un Italy. It’s a family owned company that’s been supplying professional chefs for over a century. Plus their product lines are made in the USA and Europe. I also have two Matfer Bourgeat carbon steel pans that were a pain in the tookus to master. Once I did though, I’ll never use anything else for omelettes, crepes or pancakes. They’re excellent for fish or seafood too. The hardest thing for me to find was good tempered glassware. American Pyrex is no longer made the same and I needed replacements. Eventually I landed on Duralex and that was it. I got a lot of small size duplicates for ingredient prep. I’m going to try their casserole dishes next.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
[
Wow...imagine saying in your vlog that you can't have your regular Easter party because........."even though we made a big deal about it on our vlogs at the time, the truth is it is just another unfinished project and we have no heat!"

Honestly, I call bullshit on her excuse. This party would have had to have been planned weeks in advance, at a time when she couldn't have known the weather would be cold and rainy. She never intended to have this party. She couldn't have had this party because she has no room adn the whole place is unsafe at this point.
I don't even know why she even did a vlog yesterday as she could hardly be bothered, it was such a non entity.

In fact, why not just call time on it altogether because I can't see there being any improvement in the foreseable future.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've rarely met a dessert I didn't like, unless it has rhubarb...not a fan of rhubarb🤢
Today I have made rhubarb and ginger crumble( no guests today). First rhubarb from the garden this year.
Unfortunately many people don’t appreciate the many varieties available and grow some that you just cannot make sweet. I only have two varieties now , there is even a perennial one! A natural sweetener is using sweet cicely. ( beware the liquorice loathers…)
It makes me mad that Frk is wanting yet another piece of junk to make key lime foam . How many times will that syphon be used before it is lost in the kitchen appliances graveyard?

• Heart
THE DUMP CREW IS WORRIED, DUMP ACCOUNT CAROLINE GOODER IS CRAWLING ALL OVER THE COMMENT SECTION.
@susannahwhitaker994
4 hours ago
Love you all, but please don’t let Marie rule the roost too much lol

@susannahwhitaker994
3 hours ago
@jourdainjardin846 it just seems sometimes Marie slightly over rides Steph since she has been on her course. I agree she is excellent in what she does but she must have respect for her employer

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Probably not getting paid anything, only bed and board

@mireille4751
2 hours ago
@Jezz1946 The cooking course was not cheap and she just bought a car. In my opinion she is paid staff. During her previous stay in Lalande, she was given a white van that she sold before going to England

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
Maire is the B&B chef/flower creator for the season. She already has equipment bought, including vases, glasses etc for the season. The garden produce and the menus for the season are already being planned. She did several seasons before Maria, and as it is her territory, Chef has the final word. Everyone is also friends so don't worry

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Rewatching the old early vlogs.. so much more entertaining. Michael Petherick days were great fun!

@carolinegooder7091
2 hours ago
Michael is over 5 hours away and doesn't drive. He is very busy right now working on the family Chateau. I wish he would vlog more, but material for the Chateau is taking a lot of time to find, like the subway tiles

@LillyEve1
2 hours ago (edited)
I'm a bit new to this channel. So is this place for guests to stay in, like a B&B ? Or it's their home and have all of those employees to help out?

tx65CzDLiVxC-fTe-qumlOzg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
Google Stay at Chateau de La Lalande for the booking link

• Haha
  • Sick
Today I have made rhubarb and ginger crumble( no guests today). First rhubarb from the garden this year.
Unfortunately many people don’t appreciate the many varieties available and grow some that you just cannot make sweet. I only have two varieties now , there is even a perennial one! A natural sweetener is using sweet cicely. ( beware the liquorice loathers…)
It makes me mad that Frk is wanting yet another piece of junk to make key lime foam . How many times will that syphon be used before it is lost in the kitchen appliances graveyard?
I do love a good rhubarb and strawberry coulis or jam or pie (on occasion).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
jelenanovakovic7828
5 hours ago
Can I ask why Nick and family didn't stay in their apartment? Can I also suggest people do their research carefully for your sponsor 'BetterHelp?' There is a C4 documentary here in the UK, featuring a woman who made a troubling complaint against her male therapist. Please do your research first for any therapy, rather than going to someone who is sponsoring a youtube vlogger

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Can’t film there.. trying to hide the orange fence

@angeladawn8
2 hours ago
Completely agree regarding Betterhelp. It is not a good organization.Let’s hope that Stephanie finds a better sponsor

@fleurbrouwers8486
10 hours ago
Stephanie, I have always loved your vlogs and I was so relieved to see how authentic it is, but I am sad, that even you starrt to do these colaborations promoting .... Like Better help, when better help asked Max to promote their brand I was all for it, but nowadays Better help uses all the you tubefs on the planet, even girls of 18 years old to promote their business, it starts looking ridiculous...

Rosie-or3cw
6 hours ago
I feel very uncomfortable with the advocacy therapy providers. I don’t think it’s appropriate. So many YouTubers have been pushing this over the last few months. Therapy is now a commodity

@DrRusty5
5 hours ago
This company seems to have been pushed a lot recently on YouTube, which seems to be a bit of an alarm bell for
me.

• Haha
  • Heart
[
I don't even know why she even did a vlog yesterday as she could hardly be bothered, it was such a non entity.
In fact, why not just call time on it altogether because I can't see there being any improvement in the foreseable future.
I agree with you why oh why vlog about nothing ?! Paint drying is getting increasingly attractive lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
jackieangove3419
11 hours ago
Why is Marie always so difficult when her safety in the kitchen is paramount .She’ll be in the ….if she cuts her fingers when you’ve got a chateau full of guests

…..

@jackieangove3419
7 hours ago
@paulas9477 First and foremost she’s a florist .You don’t become a chef just because you’ve done a few weeks course .

@YM-rt1jy
3 hours ago
@paulas9477 A chef ? I thought she was a florist ? She did a 4 weeks cooking course in UK but she's no trained cook, surely ?

@YM-rt1jy
3 hours ago
@mariak9727 I've followed them for 4 years now and I'd always understood she worked in the hospitality as a waitress and cook assistant but not as a chef ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
THE DUMP CREW IS WORRIED, DUMP ACCOUNT CAROLINE GOODER IS CRAWLING ALL OVER THE COMMENT SECTION.
@susannahwhitaker994
4 hours ago
Love you all, but please don’t let Marie rule the roost too much lol

@susannahwhitaker994
3 hours ago
@jourdainjardin846 it just seems sometimes Marie slightly over rides Steph since she has been on her course. I agree she is excellent in what she does but she must have respect for her employer

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Probably not getting paid anything, only bed and board

@mireille4751
2 hours ago
@Jezz1946 The cooking course was not cheap and she just bought a car. In my opinion she is paid staff. During her previous stay in Lalande, she was given a white van that she sold before going to England

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
Maire is the B&B chef/flower creator for the season. She already has equipment bought, including vases, glasses etc for the season. The garden produce and the menus for the season are already being planned. She did several seasons before Maria, and as it is her territory, Chef has the final word. Everyone is also friends so don't worry

@Jezz1946
3 hours ago
Rewatching the old early vlogs.. so much more entertaining. Michael Petherick days were great fun!

@carolinegooder7091
2 hours ago
Michael is over 5 hours away and doesn't drive. He is very busy right now working on the family Chateau. I wish he would vlog more, but material for the Chateau is taking a lot of time to find, like the subway tiles

@LillyEve1
2 hours ago (edited)
I'm a bit new to this channel. So is this place for guests to stay in, like a B&B ? Or it's their home and have all of those employees to help out?

View attachment 2844176
@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
Google Stay at Chateau de La Lalande for the booking link
Oh Gooder, go and shove the biggest Easter Egg you can find sideways in your gob and shut the duck up! There's a good girl
1711724398819.png

• Haha
Reactions: 31
[

yeah, it was sort of 15 minutes of nothing. As I mentioned before, I always fast forward through the chapel stuff. Not that I'm not interested in that sort of thing, but I'm just not that interested in her particular chapel and all the lies she tells surrounding it. I might care about the people working on her chapel, but the one time I saw her talking to them - in French and with subtitles - it was such inane conversation, I couldn't watch any more moving forward. It's demeaning to those guys and what they do and I'm disappointed that they indulge her with this mindless patter for a vlog.

Everyone, even well skilled tradesmen, want their 15 minutes of fame, it seems.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.