The Chateau Diaries #295 He's sick of it and we're sick of him - Philip that is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That woman is tooooo old to be "Cutesy" ......she just looks sad.
There is nothing better than being comfortable in your own skin. Doing the best with what you have in regards to appearance. No need to impress anyone. She doesn’t have any idea what that’s like. Constantly twisting and turning, lying and cheating her way through life. Poor, pitiful Fanny. NOT!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Camilla is a master leaker, talked to UK Sun editor Stuart Higgins weekly for 10 years about the state of the Wales' marriage, 1982-92, says Higgins, according to serious royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith.
Also she got Charles to hire Marc Bolland, introduced to her via her divorce lawyer, to rehab her reputation and make her marriagable.
With those caveats, it is Camilla who has had her family and friends speak to the press about William ranting and raving, unchecked, at his father. In front of his father's wife.
Strong willed is not the word for that.
And when I say can take care of himself, I don't mean he should be isolated, but rather he himself fights for his point of view. And not always kindly, fairly, or intelligently. As the Chinese say, an angry man is a poor man.
Camilla is Iago from Shakespeares Othello. 🤫😰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I have been watching him, with a professional interest, for four decades. His recent inheritance of the $1 billion duchy of Cornwall has not improved his humility nor his temper. Look out for more very controlling dishonest behavior toward the press, taught to him by his mother, using his wife and children for sympathy. This Catherine cancer episode has been very badly handled, and for very poor reasons. No one will now believe anything the two of them have to say ever again, because they refuse to take advice from communications professionals.
Even Charles got it right, and announced his diagnosis to the public immediately. And nobody's making disgusting speculation about his illness as a result. But as we have seen, William is not taking advice from anyone, much less his father.
Over and out.
Well I for one do believe what they say, and they are entitled to keep their health private, we all are, no matter our 'job', nobody knew the Queen had cancer... You clearly don't like them, that's fine. There is no 'one way' to handle any situation, they're doing the best they can with children involved, which Charles hasn't had to consider.. The Easter break in the UK is a long one and they have time to spend and make sure the children feel safe and their Mother is going to be fine. I commend them. She may die, nobody knows how things will end with cancer, they're doing the best they can for their family.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also they've arrived with money to spend, they've not grifted for it. They're happily getting stuck in to what needs to be done, working from the top down.

Fancy Fanny not using Isidore Leroy wallpaper, a company in France rather than the UK. Tsk tsk

I hope these two do not accociate with that nuthouse.
Selling up bought that Chateau furnished. Also the son of the previous owner is staying on to help with renovations. Some of the Chateau is totally finished other parts need doing. And Denise is a stunner and so put together, also spent 7k to bring their dog over and just adopted a rescue dog. Sadly they sold their horses, but plan to get more, maybe they could rescue some legends like the Moons.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is very shallow of me, but I’ve never been able to even consider Smeg simply because of the name. As a fan of British science fiction comedy Red Dwarf it will always be a smegging curse word with unsavoury connotations, lol. The first time I saw the brand I was sure someone was taking the piss. Now I just think they’re idiots that were set up by a marketing firm.
Smeg stands for Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla… it sounds weird as a brand name in some parts of the world but it relates to their Italian heritage.

Smeg became quite huge around here. We have a black smeg toaster and a black water boiler. The toaster is not good but we bought after the water boiler which is very good, bought it a long time ago, when I was looking for a metallic water boiler to replace one made of plastic. Recently my husband wanted to buy their coffee maker as well, as our old one broke, but I said no. I’m not impressed by their small appliances. We went another direction.

i am a little bit tired of their retro design pieces, but their line of more contemporary designs, ovens and stoves specially, look really beautiful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Been a long time since I posted BUT scrolling through my phone came across this photo from 2 years ago and thought I'd check the current status. Amazing to think subscribers have massively increased but income as practically remained the same.
Hi there, nice to see you back.
Just to let you know that a while ago Patreon introduced a scheme to allow their creators like SJ to have 'non-paying' members. These members are added to the total of subscribers who pay, with the effect that creators seem more popular.
The actual number of paying members as at yesterday was 3830 (you can get accurate info from Graphtreon).

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Camilla is Iago from Shakespeares Othello. 🤫😰
It's argued Iago is not malicious, just evil. "Motiveless malignancy" is the classic English major's phrase used to describe him.
The Parker Bowles is malicious and has an agenda.
Right now, I think it's keeping the Princess Royal, who has 50 years of experience performing royal duties at a rate four times annually what Camilla performs*, out of the limelight. Princess Anne really should be king, as Camilla (and all the rest of us) knows, and it will be a cold day in hell before Camilla invites Anne to help stand in for the king.

*For decades, Anne has outperformed Charles as well in the number of royal appearances she makes annually.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
So, they went all the way to France to use the dump and its hideous rooms as location for their spring collection? Who would pick that dirty corner, with peeling wall, a horrible shelf with plain white books and some of the ugliest candlestick holders to showcase that ugly lilac kimono? Insane.

If they have used any English cottage or English public garden as location, that would have looked a million years better…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.