The Chateau Diaries #295 He's sick of it and we're sick of him - Philip that is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations on your VIPness, @Patriciarella. I've been looking forward to this day and have prepared a very, very special Florida cracker menu at the fish shack, deep in Florida cracker latitudes, to compliment this happy day. All are welcome, entrance to the fish shack is to the left, bien sur, of the VIP lounge.

Ernest Matthew Mickler, an artistic and soulful gay man, is a hero of mine. His 1986 book, White Trash Cooking, had a major influence on American regional foodways studies, including the foodways of poor and enslaved people. This revealed the strong influence on American mainstream cooking of the underclasses. Great southerner, great book.

Miller Lite
Florida Cracker Belgian Style White Ale
Grandmama's Receipt, Shaken with Ice, Triple Sec and Lime Juice

Ernest Matthew Mickler’s Broiled Squirrel
Southern Living’s Buttermilk Biscuits, Green Pepper Jelly

Ernest’s Day Old Fried Fish (Cold and Pickled, or in Diana Kennedy's Escabeche or Francine Turone's Escovitch)
Hush Puppies
Hot Swamp Cabbage, a la Old Time Florida Cracker
Bessie Gibbs' Epic Florida Cracker Hall of Fame Cedar Key Hearts of Palm Salad
Florida Master Baker Maida Heatter's Coconut Layer Cake
Hot Coffee with Grandmama's Receipt

G
et your mambo shirt on, Mama. There will be line dancing at the shindig tonight. I will be wearing shin guards, shorts, the kitten-heeled flip flops and a pink Palm Valley t shirt.
Excellent menu, as always @billybudd! I've got a brisket in the smoker, a ginormous proper southern potato salad (made with Duke's- #alwaystheduke), collard greens, BBQ beans, corn bread, and banana pudding. I'll be wearing my pearls, these bad ass flamingo trousers from Temu, (which I love), my baby blue J Crew cashmere jumper, and Sperry topsiders. Is there actually a line dance yet to Beyonce's "Texas Hold 'Em"?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Okay the Patreon Video is out and it is a total nothing. But y’all, look at her hairline!!!! witch looks bald!!!! Is she shaving her baby hairs to look like PP? It’s awful!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Excellent menu, as always @billybudd! I've got a brisket in the smoker, a ginormous proper southern potato salad (made with Duke's- #alwaystheduke), collard greens, BBQ beans, corn bread, and banana pudding. I'll be wearing my pearls, these bad ass flamingo trousers from Temu, (which I love), my baby blue J Crew cashmere jumper, and Sperry topsiders. Is there actually a line dance yet to Beyonce's "Texas Hold 'Em"?
"Cue and Duke's!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Congratulations to the one and only Patriciarella the genius behind the squirrel brand. You have entertained us in such a witty and fun manner. I hope you have as much fun posting as we all do enjoying your posts. Merci beaucoup!
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 6.33.19 PM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Okay the Patreon Video is out and it is a total nothing. But y’all, look at her hairline!!!! witch looks bald!!!! Is she shaving her baby hairs to look like PP? It’s awful!
Girl needs bangs. Her receding hair line is like her fathers ( Gerry has more hair in the front).

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I did a double take when seeing this woman on Selling Up. She bears a passing resemblance to the late, great character actress Liz Sheridan. You may know her as Seinfeld's mom. I know her also as Mrs. Ochmonek from Alf.

View attachment 2833444View attachment 2833445
I just finished watching Selling Up....and when it was over, another video popped up as a suggestion. That lady is from Not Quite a Chateau. I think Stephanie and Philip may have visited them once and filmed. I also recall watching Selling Up when they were looking for a chateau and they stayed with this lady and her husband - and they are good friends with Patrick and Stuart, the guys who were at Stephanie's for the "swap" weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just finished watching Selling Up....and when it was over, another video popped up as a suggestion. That lady is from Not Quite a Chateau. I think Stephanie and Philip may have visited them once and filmed. I also recall watching Selling Up when they were looking for a chateau and they stayed with this lady and her husband - and they are good friends with Patrick and Stuart, the guys who were at Stephanie's for the "swap" weekend.

Thanks! I'll check her out.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You can tell I'm a Yankee.....#BringOuttheBestWithHellmanns

1711248059704.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Congratulations @Patriciarella, you did it! Who’s your favorite and least favorite CD character? If you could have a free week long stay at any of YouTube’s chateau b&b’s which one would you pick? Who’d you rather, Philip Janssen or Big Steve?
*2022 throwback below:
View attachment 2833185
You are all so fun!
Favorite: That first little hedgehog that kept coming inside for snacks. He & his friend hid from SJ & Nutty only to be captured behind the toilet.
Least: Debra deer from Snorty’s woodland watch. That witch had an attitude!
I would “for free” visit LaLande just to see how the owl gets into the attic. I would LOVE to declutter that place. I would also drop off a bone to the neighbor’s fast French dog.
I think the only male there without an std was the volunteer they called “Alabama”.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Fanny's farmhouse really is a shithole compared to Denise and Brett's.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Fanny's farmhouse really is a shithole compared to Denise and Brett's.
It really is pretty. I like how they are on the roof NOW....fixing whatever needs to be fixed before they really get in and start decorating. I also enjoyed seeing them both actually partake in working to clear the land and clean the place up - unlike Stephanie and her "boyfriend". I've enjoyed the last couple of episodes and am surprised that I like watching them.

And this is purely frivolous - Denise is stunningly beautiful. And not afraid to get stuck in some of the jobs they've filmed.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
But y’all, look at her hairline!!!! witch looks bald!!!! Is she shaving her baby hairs to look like PP? It’s awful!
Girl needs bangs. Her receding hair line is like her fathers ( Gerry has more hair in the front).
Fanny's high forehead is an attempt to channel the great beauties of the Renaissance.
I never imagined what Fanny would look like bald. That is, until I saw this a few flogs back:

buck teef.JPG

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Why doesn’t she do something about her red-ass face? Get some scar makeup or something. It just screams hi! I drink too much!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The Honeymoon(shiners) #2: A sparrow in the hand is better than 2 on your head

Steffi: „Listen everybody, Easter is around the corner and we need a complete idiot who’s running around the chateau, dressed as a bunny. Now that we do not have any volunteers, who’s the greatest ass kisser, spit licker, we know who would do that?“

„Oh yeah, right“

IMG_4811.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.