The Chateau Diaries #295 He's sick of it and we're sick of him - Philip that is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lots of 100 stars shots using CHMN. The ones showing the hung up crumpled white bed sheets look straight out of Emmaus, but I think they are from before the famed photo shoot.
She'll make it sound like the whole campaign was shot there. Notice they didn't want to use the skanky kitchen or the Wegewood room.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can't remember who wrote recently about the poor quality of 100 stars clothes and they are crap because they are made in India. Of course, there are sweat shop factories in India. I have looked up the beloved J.Crew brand and their garment manufacturing history is not very ethical either.
We are all part of the big problem worldwide.
Recently I bought some "linen" curtains from Temu and felt the guilt for days after ordering them. The "linen" curtains were abysmal. So, I went looking for an Australian shop for ready-made linen curtains, ordered some and when they arrived they were beautiful. Included in the parcel was a sample pack and in teeny tiny writing the address was given as Hong Kong! Therefore, another sweat shop product.

Edit- have any other Aussies been getting endless ads for clothes "out of Melbourne"? I have clicked on a few and they are all as dodgy as hell.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It really is pretty. I like how they are on the roof NOW....fixing whatever needs to be fixed before they really get in and start decorating. I also enjoyed seeing them both actually partake in working to clear the land and clean the place up - unlike Stephanie and her "boyfriend". I've enjoyed the last couple of episodes and am surprised that I like watching them.

And this is purely frivolous - Denise is stunningly beautiful. And not afraid to get stuck in some of the jobs they've filmed.
Also they've arrived with money to spend, they've not grifted for it. They're happily getting stuck in to what needs to be done, working from the top down.

Fancy Fanny not using Isidore Leroy wallpaper, a company in France rather than the UK. Tsk tsk

I hope these two do not accociate with that nuthouse.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My 93 yr old mum's hairdresser uses similar drapes for the elderly ladies who come in for their shampoo and sets! Annalise could make best use of the tat that they left behind.

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 09.29.49.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
IMG_9079.jpeg
IMG_9078.jpeg
IMG_9080.jpeg

---
New thread title?

“One Hundred More Reasons Not to Buy or Adopt One Hundred Stars”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Those garments are really cheaply made. I believe they are made in India - that tells you a lot right there. How much do the workers get? What are the conditions they work under? They are not sustainable at all. The fabric is rayon, very unstable, made from wood pulp. The construction is miserable. Remember the tear in the PJ bottoms Marie was wearing? Plus, these designs could not be more unflattering. Never in a million years would I purchase anything from this company. It's only my opinion of course. You may love everything they sell and have a closet full of their robes! 🤣 Full disclosure: I worked in the garment manufacturing industry for 22 years so I do know a thing or two about what goes on and it ain't pretty for the most part. Please buy the best quality you can afford made by people who earn a livable wage in good working conditions. Expensive, yes, sustainable, yes. Less is more! ❤
I always liked the "look" of the long piegnoir with the maps. Particularly the one with the Venice map. However Despicable fanny, along with bloody Nigella Lawson, was the kiss of death for me. And then I found out about their unsustainability. And lies. Plus their continuing support of Despicable fanny. So... there is absolutely no chance in hell that I would part company with my hard earned cash to a company such as that.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
When Marie was cleaning/defrosting - Did anyone else think that was a lot of ice coming out of the Smeg fridge? I don’t have to do that to my non-Smeg fridge/freezer.
Yes we had a smell fridge when they first came out as I was dazzled by the pastel colours which were very unusual at the time. Was a bloody nightmare appliance & the internal fittings fell apart - sold it on after a couple of years vowing never again to be seduced by style over substance. (can’t admit to sticking to that however 🤣)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Yes we had a smell fridge when they first came out as I was dazzled by the pastel colours which were very unusual at the time. Was a bloody nightmare appliance & the internal fittings fell apart - sold it on after a couple of years vowing never again to be seduced by style over substance. (can’t admit to sticking to that however 🤣)
We were thinking about getting a Smeg down the track for our renovation and your comment made me curious.

So . . . from Choice . . . a very well regarded Australian consumer magazine and now site. Very interesting!

• Wow
  • Heart
Lots of 100 stars shots using CHMN. The ones showing the hung up crumpled white bed sheets look straight out of Emmaus, but I think they are from before the famed photo shoot.
It's interesting how so few of the photos show LL backgrounds and those that do, just show a fraction of a bookcase or something. Most clothing brands that do shoots in stately homes, etc., choose really beautiful and impressive backgrounds. They clearly couldn't do that at LL and shot hardly anything there. They filmed in another, more attractive setting as well. They are a family firm that obviously makes clothes as cheaply as possible and clearly thought they could do a shoot cheaply or for free in exchange for some garments. I guess the girl who had visited LL after seeing how often Fanny shows herself wearing a dressing gown, thought a French chateau might be a good publicity partner. I reckon she hadn't cottoned on to the state of the place. I doubt if they'd do any further photo shoots there, although that company is as tacky as their hostess!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's interesting how so few of the photos show LL backgrounds and those that do, just show a fraction of a bookcase or something. Most clothing brands that do shoots in stately homes, etc., choose really beautiful and impressive backgrounds. They clearly couldn't do that at LL and shot hardly anything there. They filmed in another, more attractive setting as well. They are a family firm that obviously makes clothes as cheaply as possible and clearly thought they could do a shoot cheaply or for free in exchange for some garments. I guess the girl who had visited LL after seeing how often Fanny shows herself wearing a dressing gown, thought a French chateau might be a good publicity partner. I reckon she hadn't cottoned on to the state of the place. I doubt if they'd do any further photo shoots there, although that company is as tacky as their hostess!
Absolutely spot on.

Which rooms would make a suitable backdrop that are not in the danger zones?

Maybe the hall now dining room?
The marquis apartments have been ruined by poor painting and the other stuffed full of Snorts furniture.
The music room now Pettit salon not appropriate as gaudy wallpaper.etcetc there is not one single wall let alone room that is in good order and not trashed by Snorts.
It’s pathetic and sad that hundreds of thousands of dollars have been misspent to create such an appalling mess.

• Heart
We were thinking about getting a Smeg down the track for our renovation and your comment made me curious.

So . . . from Choice . . . a very well regarded Australian consumer magazine and now site. Very interesting!

Believe every word of that review ours was just the pits. Couldn’t wait to get rid of it -even felt guilty for the the person we sold it to. Steer well clear.
(We did also have a Smeg gas hob & that was fine)

• Wow
Reactions: 20
This is very shallow of me, but I’ve never been able to even consider Smeg simply because of the name. As a fan of British science fiction comedy Red Dwarf it will always be a smegging curse word with unsavoury connotations, lol. The first time I saw the brand I was sure someone was taking the piss. Now I just think they’re idiots that were set up by a marketing firm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That is hilarious. 😂
You may have to start using a dislaimer 🙈 ;)
---
This is very shallow of me, but I’ve never been able to even consider Smeg simply because of the name. As a fan of British science fiction comedy Red Dwarf it will always be a smegging curse word with unsavoury connotations, lol. The first time I saw the brand I was sure someone was taking the piss. Now I just think they’re idiots that were set up by a marketing firm.
I'm with you on this one... back in my teens, teenage boys used the word to refer to 'sperm' there was another one too Sp**k but thankfully I've not seen any appliances under that brand name 😂
---
Maybe be a little late but if we're still taking orders I'd like an Idris Elba please.View attachment 2833136

If Idris is too busy then I'd settle for Jeff.
View attachment 2833138
---
Congrats to @Patriciarella on the VIP status. Us in the cheap seats salute you!
Oooh Idris is a delight on the eyes 👀

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.