The Chateau Diaries #29 The Church Of Stephinology & The 7 Deadly Sins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Memo to BJJ:

One of life's indisputable certainties is that nobody is indispensable.

PS. Stay out of the kitchen. Your attempt to impress SJ with a breakfast tray was pitiful, like a child's endearing offering on Mothering Sunday. But you're not a child, SJ isn't your mother and the offering wasn't endearing.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Tattle! Let's get ready!
Tell me your questions and I'll send them in today!

View attachment 528384
Questions : (of course, you need to re write them in a perfect english ;) )

1. Will you restore your chateau with professional French restorers knowing the French traditions and ways of working with wood, stones, old historical buildings, and in doing this : respect this French building etc ?

2. Will you respect the French architectural and historical style ?

3. Have you already (in 16 years) fix the structural problems ?

4. Will you open your chateau to the public and your local community ?

More to come

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I have no clue. But for sure, the Society has helped restore numerous legitimate historical buildings worthy of support. If SJ were to seek support, she will have to make sure she asks funding for actual period restoration and not just renovate and build more guest apartments for her business. The only thing I could think of that the Society will back up is the chapel. It's the only part of Lalande that CAN be restored. :cool: :coffee:
I hope they help with it.Its a lovely chapel needs correct restoration.

Reactions: 6
Am awaiting clarification as to the exact whereabouts of said trotter .... methinks he’s in hiding at la lande 🤭
Trina Lyons Hayden

Sherrie Petherick
Yes ..I loved seeing him last night ...It’s also not the same not seeing him at La Lande

Sherrie Petherick
Admin

+1

Trina Lyons Hayden
I’m sure he will visit when he can. He and Stephanie are in touch so they will sort something x

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think that the next thread needs to include 'Charlatan Chatelaine' in the title, inspired by a post a page or two back.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last night there was yet another attempt to derail the thread with inflammatory posts, racking up a number of posts that were ill-informed and frequently contradictory, or a rehash of someone else's post. This is the third thread that this poster has used these tactics, since the beginning of March.
This is not an attempt to moderate, just a timely warning that this spoils the thread for authentic Tattlers.
And provocative attempts too. I was proud of my self control ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Questions : (of course, you need to re write them in a perfect english ;) )

1. Will you restore your chateau with professional French restorers knowing the French traditions and ways of working with wood, stones, old historical buildings, and in doing this : respect this French building etc ?

2. Will you respect the French architectural and historical style ?

3. Have you already (in 16 years) fix the structural problems ?

4. Will you open your chateau to the public and your local community ?

More to come
5. In how many projects did you do any of the above (hiring French professional, respecting French historical style..) in the past 16 years, can you use percentage?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tattle! Let's get ready!
Tell me your questions and I'll send them in today!

View attachment 528384
I suppose it depends on whether the funding is for the chapel or the main buildings. Would the reconfiguration of the windows be funded? Also if she is trying to keep the originality of the building, why did they take down an original wall (boudoir)? Why do they use plasterboard instead of lime plaster? Should the society be funding a project that is carving the building up into apartments?
Also what @Milre said.

Just wanne know..do you all have so much issues putting quotes and likes up on here..it looks like this platform is having an overload... :rolleyes: it takes ages for me to load a new page..and commenting is almost impossible..and its not my internet or computer..I get defaults all the time..
same. thought it was because i have points on my driving tattle licence for making a sarcastic remark to BG about zoom and i mentioned a platform that is against the rules.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
because at last some definite work has begun with the strong possibility it will be completed.
And there you have it. This is how low she has managed to raise the bar... getting excited over something as ordinary as necessary work finally started. Oh, and I wouldn't count on it being finished any time soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I gave in and watched yesterdays vlog. No embarrassment showing the circular tea tray table once it had been moved and the tray removed - the dust was thick enough to write your name in @ 27:40

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
same. thought it was because i have points on my driving tattle licence for making a sarcastic remark to BG about zoom and i mentioned a platform that is against the rules.
Kk yours was the second point
@Jeeves and @FrenchGirl123 @sandro37 all the posts this morning were showing issues - words missing etc

Possibly was a glitch - genuinely find when you USE the REPORT button - moderator s are super fast helping the issues

🧵🍸🧵🍸🧵🍸

In relation to the speed of the thread 🧵 that tactic was used when the SSB and chateau diary 📔 Trolls - do not approve/ like the name
We on tattle have options
1 REPORT -derailing
2 📜 scroll by - don’t feed trolls

🍸🍸🧵🧵🧵🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

❤@claraburnette
The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: Hey Hey, Ho Ho Sir Snortalot has got to go

🤣@prettyplease : "The Chateau Diaries #30 The Church of Stephinology: I smell a rat: the Stephanie Jarvis Story”

👍@Phoenix Richards-Bingham “The Chateau Diaries #30 I see London, I see France. I can see she’s not wearing underpants”?

🤢@ploppityplop2 "The Chateau Diaries #30 The Church of Stephinology: All mouth and no trousers"

😡@DefinitelyMaybe
The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: The Charlatan Chatelaine & the French Heritage Society

Copy the suggestions and repost use different emojis

I vote 🤣

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
❤@claraburnett The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: Hey Hey, Ho Ho Sir Snortalot has got to go

🤣@prettyplease : "The Chateau Diaries #30 The Church of Stephinology: I smell a rat: the Stephanie Jarvis Story”

👍@Phoenix Richards-Bingham “The Chateau Diaries #30 I see London, I see France. I can see she’s not wearing underpants”?

🤢@ploppityplop2 "The Chateau Diaries #30 The Church of Stephinology: All mouth and no trousers"

:mad: @definetlymaybe @claraburnett "The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: The Charlatan Chatelaine & the French Heritage Society"

:oops:@stella65 "The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: supporting the greedy not the needy"

If you want to add, copy the suggestions and repost use different emojis

Maybe this could be for the next thread, as we'd hear the 'result' of the FHS zoom?
Yes, but it could also send her the message that we're watching....as sort of a heads up?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Please vote

❤@claraburnett The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: Hey Hey, Ho Ho Sir Snortalot has got to go

😢@claraburnett
The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: The Charlatan Chatelaine & the French Heritage Society

:mad: @definetlymaybe @claraburnett "The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: The Charlatan Chatelaine & the French Heritage Society"

:oops:@stella65 "The chateau Diaries #30 Church of Stephanoligy: supporting the greedy not the needy"

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Really? I must object. If they are going to make a grant to SJ I do hope one of the conditions is that she must engage a qualified "manager" or whatever the equivalent is in France, to oversee the restorations so that the works are not done out of order as appears to be the case now. She has no clue about fixing the important issues wrong with the building, eg: downpipes, drainage, sewerage, before she spends thousands on tizzying up the bedrooms etc , which look to me like a mishmash of several eras from Georgian to American to French medieval and back again! Like spreading all the pink gravel and then having it dug up again! What a waste! Patrons must be fuming?
It’s being pointed out in patreon too. It’s good that she’s doing work, but it needs to organised. Why can’t Ian the builder do this?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do agree with you, but in very wealthy families children are brought up in a certain way. They are taught how to deal with gold diggers, money grabbers.... How not to fall in some traps. It is something obvious for them.
They too are sometimes shown what to do to help poor and vulnerable people.
I do not understand why Gwen fell in the Billy Petherick's trap. Even without money I am sure she would have had many opportunities.
Why at some point was she so vulnerable that she fell in that trap??
when Billy Petherick met Gwen in Rennes, he was bricklayer (mainly) with his father.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.