The Chateau Diaries #29 The Church Of Stephinology & The 7 Deadly Sins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Michael Patherick vlog! OMG. The blatant privilege and disregard to the viral pandemic! I was pretty shocked seeing this. I used to really like his vlog, I think the YouTube fame has warped him into this new vlogger. Not into it. "I just really needed a break" ...No Sh*t! We all do!!!! It's just that we have a moral obligation to do our part to not potentially pass a deadly virus on to others. I hope Michael, you are reading this, and feel ashamed of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Clearly I'm bored . . . still reading today's YT comments.

View attachment 528430

View attachment 528431
Is it crazy that I think he mentioned Lizzy MacGuire because of a comment I made a few days ago? No?

He acts like a child because he is one. His little old man act fades in and out like Kevin Costner trying to do a British accent. At this point I'd be happy with just muffle snorts behind the camera if I never have to hear him squealing about cute animals again. Stephanie has more rapport with animals. If you're reading your reviews right now buddy, only whispering and either sarcastic or sympathetic commentary on future wildlife videos or I'm going to start campaigning for Cat to do the commentary remotely even though it's "your thing". You have it in you. You herded that peacock right out of the house like a border collie puppy because you didn't want to clean up the poop.

I did notice that Selmar seemed more comfortable talking with him though. There was a lot less nervous laughing on Selmar's part because he wasn't trying to be "on" and he wasn't being interviewed by the boss.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's was by design. It's a set up. Now the gangsta grannies have a mission. Did you not hear Skankanee? She wants to replace the garish crap with silver and crystal garish crap so gangsta grannies get cracking on eBay and out to the antique shops, look through your family heirlooms. Skankanee must be served. She's an endless pit of want.
I didn't even think of that! I'm so disappointed with the grifting.

Reactions: 11
I noticed the dirty desk thing too....clean it up before junking it up.
I do not understand why SJ defers to that kid when it comes to decorating or anything....he didn't know who Diane Von Furstenberg was!?? He ate that piece of asparagus like a prissy old lady.
Is he the little girlfriend she didn't have growing up?
She does have him on her payroll...so booting him ain't gonna be easy. He is getting paid to do nothing...so why would he leave?? But, gosh, how I wish he would. Vlog today was terrible. Obviously last Thursday's and Sunday's and today all filmed last week.
I know...she is beat...worn out...so busy....over worked... Busy cleaning and cooking and gardening and taking care of the chickens and putting in a new kitchen and watching the kids .....oh wait, that is Dan and his wife!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
@arthur @Hercule P What on earth is the French Heritage Society ??

EDIT : I found their LinkedIn : (Don't tell me she's trying to get them to fund her "historical chateau" ??!)

French Heritage Society
Nonprofit Organization Management
New York, NY 698 followers
Protecting French architectural treasures and ensuring their future by training future preservationists
Follow

About us
French Heritage Society (FHS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit American organization in operation since 1982 whose mission is to protect the French architectural and cultural legacy both in France and the United States. Over the past 38 years, our generous members and patrons have helped us ensure that these treasures survive to inspire future generations by supporting the three key areas of our mission - Preservation, Education and Cultivation of French-American Friendship. Preservation: FHS raises funds to support the preservation of culturally and historically significant French architecture in France and the U.S. To date, FHS has awarded $13 million (which results in a total of $26 million being made available due to our required matching funds condition) to nearly 600 grants to châteaux, landmarks and monuments. FHS also creates special funds for emergency restoration efforts, which have provided critical support following the fire at Notre-Dame in Paris and Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Education: Each year, FHS selects and sends around 35 students from prestigious universities in France and the U.S. across the Atlantic for internships at esteemed organizations. Since the program’s inception, over 500 students have benefited from these opportunities. French-American Friendship: FHS’s network includes 10 chapters across the U.S. and one in Paris and collectively, they organize over 50 events each year to raise local awareness about and funds for FHS’s mission. In addition, the FHS community comes together for annual fundraising galas in New York, Palm Beach and Paris. FHS is also known for the specially curated trips to France that it offers its members every year.

Websitehttp://www.frenchheritagesociety.org

IndustriesNonprofit Organization Management
Company size1-10 employees
HeadquartersNew York, NY
TypeNonprofit
Founded1982
Locations
  • Primary
    14 East 60th Street
    Suite 605
    New York, NY 10022-7131, US
Really? I must object. If they are going to make a grant to SJ I do hope one of the conditions is that she must engage a qualified "manager" or whatever the equivalent is in France, to oversee the restorations so that the works are not done out of order as appears to be the case now. She has no clue about fixing the important issues wrong with the building, eg: downpipes, drainage, sewerage, before she spends thousands on tizzying up the bedrooms etc , which look to me like a mishmash of several eras from Georgian to American to French medieval and back again! Like spreading all the pink gravel and then having it dug up again! What a waste! Patrons must be fuming?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve watched him from the start, utter class ❤ No constant disruptions from ad’s or reminders money is tight. He’s dignified. Nothing is tacky, bought without consideration or thrown together, everything is thought through and curated. Boot sale finds are classy and home craft projects are tasteful. Granted the plum in ones mouth can be a little irksome. His 83k subscribers are rapidly growing.
He’s everything SJ isn’t and makes her look like a erratic hoarder on speed.
I find this little rich kid sublimely creepy.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
O.k. I just put a comment on the shitoo's page ( which i have only done once before), and I am preparing to get eaten alive along with that huge lunch of one lone asparagus and one overcooked egg. I expressed my distaste 😝😵 for Sir Snorts. I can feel the arrows of hate from all the women and Loki who are enamoured with him coming my way!

But, you know, many girls thought the Bay City Rollers were cute back in the day too, and they were just ghastly looking!
What a throw back that was!😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
O.k. I just put a comment on the shitoo's page ( which i have only done once before), and I am preparing to get eaten alive along with that huge lunch of one lone asparagus and one overcooked egg. I expressed my distaste 😝😵 for Sir Snorts. I can feel the arrows of hate from all the women and Loki who are enamoured with him coming my way!

But, you know, many girls thought the Bay City Rollers were cute back in the day too, and they were just ghastly looking!
What a throw back that was!😂
Hahah I think I saw it and liked immediately 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I noticed the dirty desk thing too....clean it up before junking it up.
I do not understand why SJ defers to that kid when it comes to decorating or anything....he didn't know who Diane Von Furstenberg was!?? He ate that piece of asparagus like a prissy old lady.
Is he the little girlfriend she didn't have growing up?
She does have him on her payroll...so booting him ain't gonna be easy. He is getting paid to do nothing...so why would he leave?? But, gosh, how I wish he would. Vlog today was terrible. Obviously last Thursday's and Sunday's and today all filmed last week.
I know...she is beat...worn out...so busy....over worked... Busy cleaning and cooking and gardening and taking care of the chickens and putting in a new kitchen and watching the kids .....oh wait, that is Dan and his wife!
Yes! Exactly!

Reactions: 1
Stupid vlog. Ooohh, men are here doing work! How wuhnderfull, paarfect! Carry on men, with whatever you're doing, I have to go and totter somewhere else. Ooohh, another man, digging up yet more of the prematurely laid gravel! How fun! A wonky pipe, oh the laughs we have! Now another man! With wood! Let's put some wood somewhere, it will be so good. Let's cover up most of that expensive wallpaper that I fussed over for so long, tra-la!
Now excuse me while I eat one single over cooked asparagus with an over cooked egg. Hats off to Dan for the best take down of the week 👏. Can't bear to comment on the stupidity of trying to name a sick hedgehog. Selmar dodged it nicely.

ETA - slight Fawlty Towers ref in there for those that may appreciate it 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
If SJ is wooing the French Historical Society to support her, she will need to restore and not renovate!
There is a huge difference between restoring and renovating. She is merely adding more guest apartments for her ongoing business. That is not a restoration. We find nothing on her list of finished, ongoing, and future projects that aim to restore her chateau, except perhaps the chapel, which I'm guessing is what she would for want the FHS to bankroll since the chapel is proving to be more expensive, and has really of no use to her.

View attachment 528188
Agree.
Restoring the decorative painting, fixing the ceiling vaulting, repairing the windows et al. is restoration. Buying a flipping Murano chandelier is not.
If I remember correctly SJ said that stained glass window was at the restorers shop for 8 years, because she couldn't afford to pay... EIGHT YEARS! Maybe if there had been less cire trudon candles for the chapel and more money towards the restorer then that window wouldn't have taken so long...
I just hope she appreciates that chapel as the architectural jewel that it is and not some bobble she can show off...
There is a youtube video on the restoration of the boudoir Turc of Marie Antoinette at Fontainebleau. Now that is a video to watch! !

1]. What work is ongoing at the moment?
2]. When do you expect this work to be complete?
3]. What are your future restoration plans for your chateau?
4]. Are you restoring / improving / updating / renovating / altering the chateau?
5]. Give reasons to answer from 4)
6]. What future use do you envisage for the chateau after the work is complete?
7]. Do you have other sources of income - state source and approx. annual amount.
8]. HOW MUCH! And you want FHS funds ... Ms Jarvis f**k off!
9]. How in the hell do you think it is a good idea to build a solarium on the terrace off the kitchen?

Hahah I think I saw it and liked immediately 😂
Gah!!! The curiosity is killing me!!
You all are forcing me to go watch this damn vlog~

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The event is free for patrons of the French Historical Society, not SJ's patrons on Patreon.

( :ROFLMAO: My pet peeve on here: mixing up Patreon [platform] with patrons [supporters].:LOL:)
Eh nope - it is free for SSB patrons
Just email Natalie and she sent the link !!😎

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have difficulty keeping up with all the comments. Like now, just posting this and my page jumps because someone has just posted something! So have to scroll down to finish off this comment to you! The pages don’t update automatically. At the end of a page I have to scroll up to top, click on title, then click again - and hit the latest page number! I have one of the fastest internet connections (so my provider informs me), so with slower connections I wonder what other people experience. Thanks for raising this.
Same here, very frustrating at times.

Reactions: 7
I think we're going to come to the end of this thread very soon, due to Boy Meth-rick's antics. Any ideas for next thread?

Reactions: 5
She was clearly irritated by him in the latest vlog and trying to get him to go. He was also making comments about her hair while the carpenter was still in the room, and was really stupid insisting he had to go downstairs to get a lighter to re-light the candle! And why does he have to suggest where furniture, etc should go? She disagreed with a lot of his suggestions. He won't last long if she gets too irritated. He sounded so arrogant asking Selmar to update him on what he'd been doing, exactly as SJ does. He's learnt a lot from her own stupid behaviour but she won't like it, it's her own fault for letting him believe he's special and he's now taking too many liberties!
Did you notice NUTTI - making signs to SSB behind his back - here we go again professor Philipa - he didn’t even get that they were laughing at him ... he’s some plank .. he thought they were complementary... then copped THEY weren’t ...

The running to see the hedgehog was so Cathy bates metres Blair’s wolf 🐺
🤢🤮

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
is it me or SJ tried to get rid of PJJ at least 3 times during today's vlog
did the discard phase start already?
It’s very clear to me that it did. She’s letting him roam free in the vlogs, knowing very well that a lot of people don’t exactly like him. He is bound to make a few more mistakes this way, causing her ”distress “, but actually supplying her with excuses to let him go.

Didn't think she was that calculating and clutching.
Ooops, whenever you have a misconception like that, think again :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Sorry if this is a repost ( FABRICS AND A LALANDE ROCKSTAR )
I think 🤔 it’s about time we call SSB out

Clearly - fans who take this behaviour on -are NOT REAL fans at all

They are indeed SSB and her crew ... using alias .. they can vent their spleen ... be vile and let rip

Reactions: 10
From the comment section of today's vlog:
(I cut the person name because um well yeah...)

Can we have a houseplant tour sometime? would love to see the plants of the chateau

You have got to be kidding me...
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

1 this person is yanking her chain...
or
2 this is the worst pick up line ever...
or
3 this person is the sorriest s.o.b. in the kingdom...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
and Percy Attfield .. Is he telling people to get a life? 😂
View attachment 528305
This is really rubbing me the wrong way. Who the flying f**ck does this guy think he is? His stepdaughter is single handedly spreading disease all over the place, ignoring strict rules that are not very hard on her to begin with but don’t comply with her desire of love live and laughter so who cares about Covid and other peoples misery, and he instructs her audience to live a little and not take safety too serious? Does he not understand she is owned by an audience that got addicted by having to stay home? He is a bigger moron than I gave him credit for, or in other words: being married to IJ has certainly changed his perception on things.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.