The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She made it clear at the time of the accident that she was not present at the shithole, wasn't she collecting tartan gnomey from somewhere? They received a phone call from Thrush telling them there had been a terrible accident at the shithole. So, Thrush was there, Amaury was there. Probably Natti, MarIA and Pavlina and any guests that were staying were also present. The Gendarmerie, the Pompiers etc., would have taken statements sur place. And would have asked for further interviews, statements, assurance paperwork and any other necessary information in the following weeks and months. By the time it gets to the hearing they will have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. Unless any of the witnesses or owners were culpable there would be no reason for them to be present. And even then the hearing into the accident - how, where, why - does not include a conviction. That would come later IF culpability is found on the part of the owners, contractors etc. It does look suspicious that all the main players have disappeared at the same time! But witness what the daily wail has just done to Billy. IF the hearing is about to be, once it is over the papers will be free to follow or not follow the story as is their whim. Journos and photographers will perhaps turn up. Snap, snap with the camera. Is there anything you would like to say Madame Jarvis? And then that hard working journo from the daily wail will spot the story in La Depeche and make it into another tabloid splash. I imagine their all disappearing is damage limitation. As is having MarIE babysat in their absence, she's not terribly bright. Twotonne and tonton are there as gatekeepers and responsible adults as well as animal sitting.
CH4 may also have been there since the Tartan Terrir was arriving to film Christmas.
---
Mariane, you can ask as much as you like, you'll never be tod the truth, just a variation on a theme.

Mireille, Mireille but only booked out to members of the cult. No one else of sane mind and body would even give it a second thought after watching the vlogs.
---
Why did the electrical control panel have to be moved? That would require an electrician and be a big job, and added expense, depending how far they had to move it. But what poor planning and idiot installers put it in the wrong place to start with! All a load of crap excuses!

Regardless of that Gobshite Gooder, it's still the slowest heating installation in the history of mankind.
View attachment 2747689

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Oooo that got me looking. Love the Glanmire ones. I have terrible trouble with boots having having always had wide calves, could never get riding boots to fit either.
I have a (hand-me-down) Dubarry tweed jacket. Excellent quality. I bet the boots are great too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What about all the plants still in nursery pots that Nati showed out behind the building. Maybe start planting those. Or too late they are already dead
Fanny showed a handful of yellow crocus in the vlog and praised Davy, she needs about a million more bulbs and she might having something to show for the "planting" scheme.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Marie is a lost soul, Wish she had NOT returned to CHMN, hoped that experience away would have made her see the light.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I disagree with opinions that this was ten years ago 2014 so forget it etc . Because he wasnt found guilty until 2024 and accountability hasn't really been at the top of their goals list now has it . the article says clearly However, Billy Petherick and Gwendoline appeared in court on Monday to answer for around 40 thefts committed in 2014, mostly in Brittany and Anjou. article as at Saturday, Feb 10th 2024 .

to think they
mostly all the petherdicks where all over the dick and angels public flogging dropping hints in both channels on what bullies etc they are is something like calling the pot black . Ma petherick aught to claim for work injury with the year she has ahead of her pressing delete buttons while her billy boy is doing time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sara and George splashed out on them flowers for daughter dearest, bought half of Holland, the full buckets looked better than the arrangements ! Reminded me of Haworth when Miss Hawaii pitched up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh dear, I don't speak a stitch of French other than bon jour and baguette.... although I can translate le pillage and see 2014 noted in the article. Is it safe to assume this is about our very own wannabe Billy the Kid? 😀
Ta dam!!!!

The essential
In 2014, around fifty churches were broken into in the west of France, with thieves stealing numerous liturgical objects.
The thieves mainly stole chalices, ciboria and patens, which were then sold on the internet or at second-hand shops.
The thieving couple - he a successful youtuber and she a chatelaine - and their fence were sentenced on Monday by the Rennes Criminal Court.

Looting in good order. With little security, churches are regularly visited by people of little faith. For confession? Not really. Rather, to discover the many treasures in these places of worship. Furniture and liturgical objects that are sometimes veritable objets d'art, and therefore coveted. In 2019, 220 thefts from churches were recorded. Admittedly, this figure has been falling in recent years. But in every parish that is burgled, the theft is always experienced as a real trauma, as each object is priceless.

In 2014, a series of thefts made their mark in western France, with around sixty churches broken into in the space of a few months, mainly in Ille-et-Vilaine, Loire-Atlantique, Mayenne and Maine-et-Loire. Each time, the looters committed their misdeeds in broad daylight, quietly entering the church to steal various objects. More than a hundred in all, including a large number of chalices, ciboria and patens, liturgical objects used by priests to consecrate wine or hosts during communion.

Made of gold or silver, these religious objects are at the heart of a juicy trade, with the loot often ending up for sale on the Internet. It was the discovery of stolen chalices and ciboria on eBay that enabled investigators from the Office central de lutte contre le trafic de biens culturels and the gendarmes to trace the burglars and their fence.

They travelled the roads of western France in beautiful cars
Ten years after the events, these three people were on trial this Monday afternoon before the Rennes magistrates' court. The defendants include a Franco-British couple aged 32 and 35. The defendants have a rather atypical profile, with a woman who is now a squire and a man who is a British citizen and successful youtuber. At the hearing, both made no attempt to deny the facts, with the exception of two thefts from churches. Travelling the roads of the West in a Porsche or Mercedes, they would stop off at churches in remote communities as and when they felt like it. At the time, I was interested in the architecture of churches," the thirty-year-old told the bar. Once, I saw that the altar opened up and that's how I got my first object.

His partner accompanied him on his trips from time to time. "But at first I didn't know what he was doing, I just waited for him in the car", she said. However, when she appeared before the investigators, she admitted to her partner's less than catholic behaviour. She was not shocked that he was stealing from places of worship, because she did not have "a high opinion of the Church".

Stolen items sent by courier to England
Once stolen, the sacred objects were sent by courier to England to a mysterious fence who made a handsome profit of several hundred pounds on each object. Another British citizen, aged 70, based in Brittany and a second-hand dealer by profession, was also responsible for selling the goods to customers. He was unaware that the objects were stolen, as he confessed in court, struggling to convince the court.
Once stolen, the sacred objects were sent by courier to England to a mysterious fence who made a handsome profit of several hundred pounds on each object. Another British citizen, aged 70, based in Brittany and a second-hand dealer by profession, was also responsible for selling the goods to customers. He was unaware that the objects were stolen, as he confessed in court, struggling to convince the court.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Oooo that got me looking. Love the Glanmire ones. I have terrible trouble with boots having having always had wide calves, could never get riding boots to fit either.
The Wexford ivy ones are my dog walking choice…I too have what is known as an athletic calf🙄🤣🤣.
Go for them @JackSpratt stylish!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
St Kathy feels "tainted as a British person" by Billster. She looked "vaguely" into the story yet knew it was in Times, Sun, Daily Mail and he was young
someone had it in for Billy , she is "angry" and not going to talk about it.

Kathy spends a lot if time messing about with those bloody chickens, nearly fell and broke her neck always wittering on about red mite, chickens in, chickens out, broody etc.etc. etc. just buy a dozen eggs like the rest of us.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Everyone down on bended knee, St. Kathy of Lidl has handed down Billy Boy’s judgement from on high. She has proclaimed that stealing is wrong but doing so from churches is disgusting. Putting it down to youthful folly is no excuse. (somewhat agree there) She states that she’s has no interest in the case or commenting but she must as it directly affects her. (heavens but aren’t you important?) Billy’s actions reflect poorly on every British expat in France. (Rather a broad brush don’t you think?) How dare Billy put himself on a pedestal and then display feet of clay! Finally, she can’t bear to look at the Daily Wail, the Sun or the Times again on this subject. So only third hand information gleaned from English papers instead of the direct sources whose journalists were in court. All hail France’s defender from the clutches of the Petherick clan! Aw jeez Kathy, do a little better research and get off your high horse. Damn right what Billy did was and is wrong. But being from churches doesn’t make it worse no matter whose opinion. What does make it worse is the trauma to the congregations and communities surrounding those churches!

eta: ya beat me to it @Pyke 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m puzzled as to why Steph is constantly filming her cleaners when the daily videos indicate that she and Snorts do little to nothing all day. You’d think she would hide the fact she employs two cleaners since she claims to be too poor to offer a penny to the renovations of her home. If I were a patron, I’d be interested to know why she and Snorts can’t clean the home themselves and use the cleaning help money towards the renovations instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Is that TwoTonnes hat ? will not happen at the CHMN as they seem to fail to make Vet visits.
Haha, @Pyke , it took me some time...I even googled "TwoTonnes hat" 😂! So Oncle Tonton aka Uncle Stephen has got a furry hat like that?
Vet visits for Shatoo creatures great and small?....only when a peachick is on its way out, :cry:and flog content has to be milked from a dead chick, including a few crocodile's tears for good measure. Sad, really!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.