The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The timing is interesting. Seems like when Michael talks crap about the Strawbridges, a salacious story about Billy finds its way to the Daily Mail.

“Angel stole my design” - followed by Billy’s military desertion story
“Dick Strawbridge ‘broke’ the chandelier” - followed by Billy and Gwen convicted of theft story.

Michael…maybe it’s best you move on from the Strawbridges. Your grudge might be causing a lot more harm!
You could be on to something. A cursory search of the Daily Mail Online shows the last coverage of Dick and Angel (Hey Koolaid, iykyk) was about eight months ago and negative. As the Strawbridges are on the North American tour of their circus they might’ve gotten wind of upcoming DM bad publicity. It’s not a stretch for them to have thrown the Pethericks under the bus in exchange for dropping publication. It happens all the time. The bad news for the Strawbridges is most tabloids will only honor the agreement for a short period of time. Most often they’ll leak the info to a sister publication. When that happens typically they claim to have kept to the original agreement but as it’s now common knowledge it’s no longer applicable and can now be reported.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Who thinks Fanny and Sebastian have already 'blessed the chapel' so to speak? 😼 (I bet Ruby knows)

Sebastian is always careful to be wearing gloves so don't know if he wears a wedding ring, but the chapel restorers are staying nearby during the week and only going home on odd weekends.
We don't know, of course, whether he has a partner or spouse that he lives with, but when Nic was telling him about Antoine, he said that he had a teenage daughter. I thought he looked quite cross at the beginning of his chat with Fanny in the last vlog, he wasn't smiling at all and looked as if he wanted to say "Not you again" but he later smiled and laughed. At least, he'll be able to escape from her for a while. If he's got any sense, he'll send others to do the next lot of jobs. I am not sure if he's just leading that specific project or whether he's in a more responsible position in the company.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Like this, maybe?
(Maurices House, Chateau de la Ruche)
View attachment 2744107
Imagine if the whole place was done to this style, plain walls exposed beams, just how clean and calming it would look. As it stands at the moment the chateau is an assult on all the senses and I fear it is just going to get worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
You could be on to something. A cursory search of the Daily Mail Online shows the last coverage of Dick and Angel (Hey Koolaid, iykyk) was about eight months ago and negative. As the Strawbridges are on the North American tour of their circus they might’ve gotten wind of upcoming DM bad publicity. It’s not a stretch for them to have thrown the Pethericks under the bus in exchange for dropping publication. It happens all the time. The bad news for the Strawbridges is most tabloids will only honor the agreement for a short period of time. Most often they’ll leak the info to a sister publication. When that happens typically they claim to have kept to the original agreement but as it’s now common knowledge it’s no longer applicable and can now be reported.
Billy, bring a recalcitrant man, a recidivist thief, is clearly a most dishonest prick. Dishonest pricks are rogues in all areas of their lives. Rogues and thieves piss a lot of people off and Billy boy will have many enemies. That the Strawbridges were the tattlers is drawing a long bow. I reckon there’d be a long line of unknown to us expats dying to dial the Daily Mail.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thinking of Silly Billy and nicking a Chalice, this just popped into my head.

1707412891681.png

1707413960394.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’d be interested in others’ opinions on my thoughts re Stephanie’s chapel star scam.

I think she has created a huge project deliverable for herself given she has admitted that enough stars have been sold to renovate/repaint the roof, retile floor, repaint walls, etc ; if these activities don’t happen in 2024 her “fans” will go ape-tit. So she must deliver a renovated chapel ceiling (at least). Hasn’t she advertised 2024 patreon days - so more patreons have the chance to attend OR link to other donors/fans in advance to take photos of “their” star.
The monthly patreon amount she receives is easily forgotten (and spent) with surveys, reports and the function of BnB. But the chapel is an actual deliverable she can’t not deliver.
So has Stephanie actually created her own downfall with this chapel project?
Here’s my opinion…just like the lake, the Grand Salon, the heating, and a myriad of other projects, the chapel will be forgotten. She’s collected $200K. Now the excuses begin…have to wait for another survey, wait for the workers to get finished with another project, waiting on materials, and on and on. In the meantime, she’ll move on…her superfans with short term memory will forget…and the next collection will begin. She’s done it again and again. But, I’ll say one thing…if she does this after the $200K in Star donations, she’s got balls bigger than her baps…as you can see in this rendering for the chapel!

IMG_6344.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I suspect that Ryan knew exactly what was going on. Billy seemed to give him a lot of leeway, a lot more than most friends would. Billy had a lot more to lose when the shite hit the fan

Strange that Sean disappeared from Billster’s blogs about 6 months ago. Coincidence or did he suss out what was happening, and wanted to distance himself from them.

Young Mr. Moon and his family may need to take a back step from the Petheticks, I doubt this latest revelation will help his vlogs.

Bet Fanny is crapping herself. 10 years from the offences to a court case. Keep looking over your shoulder Fanny. You can hide, but you'll always be found out, even if it takes years.
I'm pretty sure that Billy met Gwen through Ryan

Reactions: 14
I don't have any strong feelings about the that being from churches. For me the disgrace is that Billy was (is?) a prolific thief. This wasn't a single temptation but a habit. Of course Gwen knew about it, as I am certain did the rest of the family and Ryan. I can't help but feel that there are plenty of tales that could surface about Michael from his time in Manchester. ( Michael is the one that I dislike most of the Petherick clan and certainly don't find him at all attractive. He looks like a sly little weasel IMO.). Pa seems to be the only decent one of the whole tribe. OIf it wasn't for the two innocent little boys involved, I happily watch the whole sordid mess crash down around them. @Pekey and I were correct from the outset when we referred to Teabag aa a spiv.
Interesting comment posted here earlier from someone who seemed certain that Billy had stolen from their home in France.
Apologies for the typos - I always find it hard to post using my phone! Currently sitting in a badly lit car park, in the pouring rain, waiting to pick up middle grand-daughter from her lyrical ballet class. Gosh, the river is running very fast - there have been a few flood warnings issued but thankfully we are on fairly high ground.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 17.56.28.png

Clearly no relation to Pheef - although maybe that moniker would be better suited to Billy now! Michael and Billy can now be known as Teabag and Tealeaf!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Billy, bring a recalcitrant man, a recidivist thief, is clearly a most dishonest prick. Dishonest pricks are rogues in all areas of their lives. Rogues and thieves piss a lot of people off and Billy boy will have many enemies. That the Strawbridges were the tattlers is drawing a long bow. I reckon there’d be a long line of unknown to us expats dying to dial the Daily Mail.
As you say, we’ll never know the number of Billy’s enemies. Particularly those that take a dim view of his desertion. However, as a retired journalist whose speciality was corruption and malfeasance, I’m particularly good at drawing a long bow and hitting the target, if not the bullseye, from continents away. I studied at the knee of Kathrine Graham. The Strawbridges would be the low hanging fruit in this case. The same could be said for Stephanie Jarvis though. She’s had a number of TL members contact the Daily Mail and nary a peep published against her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
When will Michael and Billy throw Stephanie under the bus?.Hopefully soon. I could see gossip Stephanie spilling tales about them or Dan to avoid or postpone exposure of her morally corrupt life in the media.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Who thinks Fanny and Sebastian have already 'blessed the chapel' so to speak? 😼 (I bet Ruby knows)

Sebastian is always careful to be wearing gloves so don't know if he wears a wedding ring, but the chapel restorers are staying nearby during the week and only going home on odd weekends.
Not possible, Fanny’s LodgerChild is always two steps behind her. Also, Sebastian seems like he is freaked out by her ( and her tagalong son)

Reactions: 20
I thin Billster is as big a narcissist as Fanny. She is just smarter.
---

Makes sense now how they manage to find these fixer uppers at bargain prices.
Everyone of these YouTubers are not who they seem to be. Greeed grifters the lot of them.
It's the expat community - same in all countries and all types of expats: they look out for each other and make a buck.

Reactions: 12
I was starting to quite like Billy and his channel, thought he had turned around from the last issue, had a good work ethic, but this latest is too hard to ignore. Imo Gwen is no innocent and knew all. I simply cannot reconcile how one can steal from Churches. That whole concept, and doing it repeatedly, reveals a complete lack of character and conscience. I now think his entire YT personality has been a strategic con and a complete ruse.

I don’t wish them any further consequences, however, Billy better control his inclinations, otherwise he will be in lock up.
For me, i will no longer view his channel.

Reactions: 19
Here’s my opinion…just like the lake, the Grand Salon, the heating, and a myriad of other projects, the chapel will be forgotten. She’s collected $200K. Now the excuses begin…have to wait for another survey, wait for the workers to get finished with another project, waiting on materials, and on and on. In the meantime, she’ll move on…her superfans with short term memory will forget…and the next collection will begin. She’s done it again and again. But, I’ll say one thing…if she does this after the $200K in Star donations, she’s got balls bigger than her baps…as you can see in this rendering for the chapel!

View attachment 2744215
OMG, I have that same outfit!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Apologies for the typos - I always find it hard to post using my phone! Currently sitting in a badly lit car park, in the pouring rain, waiting to pick up middle grand-daughter from her lyrical ballet class. Gosh, the river is running very fast - there have been a few flood warnings issued but thankfully we are on fairly high ground.

View attachment 2744241
Clearly no relation to Pheef - although maybe that moniker would be better suited to Billy now! Michael and Billy can now be known as Teabag and Tealeaf!
I thought you were expecting a large snowfall in wales today.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In the latest vlog, she knew it was St.Jacques but didn't appear to know it was St.James in English even though she had said that when she was with Ollie!
I'll give her this, she might have been at a loss for words. However, I'd like to think she's either ignorant or she wants to prove she is so French, that she forgot the English name.

Now, Fanny saying disturbing the chapel workers is "her favourite part of the day" to me says leakage. As a person with strong narcissistic tendencies the chapel workers are new narc supply, that's why she loves them/Sèbastien. Tante Two Tonnes, Oncle, Armoire, Nazi, Marie and PhiPhimodo have all become stale.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When will Michael and Billy throw Stephanie under the bus?.Hopefully soon. I could see gossip Stephanie spilling tales about them or Dan to avoid or postpone exposure of her morally corrupt life in the media.
That's a perfect way to shift focus. Billy, Mikey, and Gwen, if you're reading here, spill the beans!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.