The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a thought (I know steady on it is Monday morning and I should be working0 When Fanny first appeared on Chateaux DIY she had been at the shitto for 16 years. She clearly wasn't serious about B nB because she hadn't even got 5 bedrooms done for paying guests as MP did that yellow and green vomit room. If she was serious about the business she would have had 5 rooms up and running and decorated as soon as she moved. Then she would ,move on to apartments she could let as self catering gites. She has never needed a business, she had her lovers old and new to keep her. Seriously she has no pride.
She was and still is never serious about urning her own money. She only rented out the London flat so she could have that extra income to pay for her travels. Back in the day she would stay with friends or do a house swap or find herself a rich boyfriend to take her on holidays and pay sruff for her. The ex boyfriends jumped in to help when she couldn't pay for utilities & groceries in her heap.

If she wanted the house to pay for itself she would do a swimming pool, tiny houses arround it, while she worked on the main heap for B&B and more appartments. Instead she does vanity projects. Everything up until now is a vanity project.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Interesting that they made two mentions of changing their clothes -- and I don't buy that it was on the plane. She had already said she had changed her outfit on the plane, then Phillip gets in the car and she comments something along the lines of "Oh, you changed too!" -- if he had changed on the plane, wouldn't she have seen his new outfit long before they got into the rental car? And since when have these two slobs ever cared about "freshening up"? I think they spent time in Doha, likely shopping, then she realized as they were getting into the rental car (however many days later) that she needed to say something to explain the different outfits, thus the prompt to Phillip when he got in the car -- "Oh, you changed as well!" wink wink, nudge nudge.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Somehow I’ve managed to go my entire life without stealing and reselling things…even in my youth. A good friend of mine once stole a quarter to use in a tampon machine, but she was desperate! 😆 I forgive her. Billy’s probably more annoyed than anything…that he got caught and he had to spend time in court… because it diverted his time away from other things. I wonder if he rattled off the cost of the convent renovations because he was really saying “look, I’ve spent considerably more money on renovating this convent than I ever gained from stealing those religious items”… minimizing what he did, at least in his own head. 🤔
Yeah I thought similar.. "Look how much I've spent, I have lots of money, I don't steal" I will keep watching though 😁 It is my fave of the chateau flogs...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.