Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
I will defend her and say, she wasn't offensively phobic. It's just when she uttered "Men should be men and women should be women", it rubbed me the wrong way.
2005 was a different era, LOL.
The way you wrote your comment made me think it was a recent comment from your 'friend'.
But you're right 2005 seems like an eon ago and there has been significant societal change since then. Often stance, not enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

billybudd

VIP Member
I don't think her dress would have been fine for the opera even in a backwater like Washington DC. Too much skin. I had satin and sequinned jackets over silk, nobody was showing skin in DC.
ETA It was freezing outside, for one thing. You could have gotten away with fur trimmed high heeled boots.
lastnightatthemet is the IG account of what people wear to the opera in NYC. It's a smorgabord.
Smorgasbord, yes, I hasten to add, no skin.

• Heart

Pyke

VIP Member
The comments on the community page vote for the new curtain team are planted by SUPER FANS, so many suggest her bedroom !!

• Sick

graciemckitten

VIP Member
The comments on the community page vote for the new curtain team are planted by SUPER FANS, so many suggest her bedroom !!
Superfans or Dump accounts pushing curtains for Fanny’s bedroom.
---
You may be right as my memory is not the same it once was. It actually sucks.

But I thought I watched a vlog, long ago, where Fanny mentioned breast cancer when speaking about mummy’s behavior to being seriously ill.
It is hard to keep up with all the info and statements, etc. by Fanny because she normally lies so much and contradicts herself constantly. However, I believe Fanny said that her mother had stomach cancer, or some type of disorder with her stomach, causing Mummy to want to take early retirement from the large nursing home that she and Derek had previously run.

• Sick

JDude

Possible derail-
Brenda wont approve my post in the "...and more" group
I just watched a Channel 4 episode of chateau DIY: Living the Dream (via my work VPN). While YouTube was showing edd and Anna working on their Passion Project all season, C4 showed a pregnant Anna going into labor during a wedding at Lagorce. YouTube vlogs don't show everything that's going on. Those of us who don't have VPN are going to miss a lot of refurbishing. At least Dan seems to be sharing most everything.

• Wow

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
B&B guests are really going to love those curtains as they listen to the continuous sound of traffic from the busy road and as they smell the nearby pig farm. A nice lukewarm shower in that tiny broom closet, I mean shower, will make them forget everything.

IMG_6486.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Can someone report on the Smuglies scared at the chateau vlog? I simply cannot bring myself to watch and I know some of you still do. I’m curious if it’s a genuine threat or typical chateauverse click bait?

• Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
April 6, 2022 Patreon video interview with Dan. Interesting 20 minute video with Dan before Dan got his new teeth and started the crispy chateau youtube project.He talks about his education in graphic design and arts, love of cameras, etc., why he and Annalise moved to France( house prices so high in the UK, they could buy their current home in France and pay for it in full.)

• Sick

On Repeat

VIP Member
Also, the narc thing. St. Charles Borromeo cathedral in Vienna is big and famous. And now she owns it. She has video. She is wearing its skin.
She most likely is also connecting her pitiful little chapel and herself with the current Borromeo family. Golden socialites. Perhaps she wants an invite to Beatrice's Paris apartment! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
---
I really don't get it. I'm so nosy I'd've known the color of St. Charles Borromeo's cardinal pants within months of arriving. Plus, Beatrice Borromeo, who can resist?
I have replied in similar vein, sorry

• Heart

Pyke

VIP Member
[QUOTE="MagpieSassyPants, post: 18113288, member: 192806"
Related, I have a pot of beans on the stove that just. won't. cook. Did I soak them overnight? Absolutely. No salt has been involved in the cooking process yet. Frustrated beyond belief. And I have a headache. Bah.
[/QUOTE]
Bicarbonate of soda tablet or 2 teaspoons in water overnight help rock hard marrowfat peas to soften for me

• Heart
  • Wow

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
That they would take the time to think this through, plan the moves, decide on their costumes . . . 🤦‍♀️
---
B&B guests are really going to love those curtains as they listen to the continuous sound of traffic from the busy road and as they smell the nearby pig farm. A nice lukewarm shower in that tiny broom closet, I mean shower, will make them forget everything.

View attachment 2712115
Every time I look at that pelmet all I see is left over material from the faux floorboards and gaffer tape.

• Haha

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
I couldn't force myself to watch, but maybe it's just "prop" food, to let her fans know that even though she's staying in an expensive place, she's budgeting in other ways. She'll be heading out to the expensive restaurant with her aunt, uncle and ugly, fake boyfriend as soon as she's had a nap and a lounge about in the bathtub. Then again, she has no taste, really, so she's probably o.k. with lower quality food. Since she, herself, is LOWER QUALITY!

I'm at a phase with her and everyone around her that I'm going to call the "@Just Grift Wood phase" .........I don't know if you remember, but there was a time when she was all out about being on a mad-on with them! I thought it was funny at the time, but now that I'm experiencing it myself, it's not so funny.....just enraging. I get it now, @Just Grift Wood ! YOU ARE SEEN! LOL!!
she still infuriates me ha ha Thanks @tuffiti for the flog to vent my spleen
---
These people are growing (back) on me :LOL: ... I would say they are at their best when they're actually doing renos and featuring Benoit. It was also a valiant attempt at saving the little owl. Well done! I would have simply had a heart attack! 💀

View attachment 2705699

View attachment 2705703
loved this vlog too

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Gee, these people in Europe don't know what hardship is do they? Come to Australia and fly Jetstar/Qantas and see how you go. I can't remember one Jetstar flight for me that hasn't been delayed or cancelled. The latest is to Bali- I have lost a whole day and somehow, I will have to get a taxi to Sanur at 1.30am and find my accommodation because the Villa I am staying at doesn't do transport after 7pm!
30 minutes late is a walk in the park here.
The train travel would have been so beautiful, especially for the aunt.
That reminds me of a red eye flight back from Perth.
Due to a problem with radar we finally departed at 2am.
I couldn't believe it. The flight attendants brought out a meal.
A stinky macaroni thing that ponged up the cabin.

• Haha
  • Sad

billybudd

VIP Member
Again, it is past time to let go the black eyeliner. In my driveby of the royal milliners' sites, I noticed one of them had quite a young lady in pale bronze/gold eyeliner, and it looked fantastic. I took it up at 50. It made my middle-aged eyes look bigger and brighter and more brightly colored, and it made the young lady's eyes huge and dazzling. The black eyeliner is not well applied and shrinks Fanny's eyes, as dark lipstick or liner does your lips.
Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 6.05.09 PM.png

• Heart

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
For anyone who can access BBC iPlayer or the archives I really really really recommend a 6 part series called The Curious House Guest where Jeremy Musson spends the weekend at 6 different stately homes in the UK and Ireland. I have just binged watched the whole series and loved them all. If you can access them watch them you won’t regret it.
I loved that series it is fabulous

Reactions: 12