The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you can sponsor the grifter if you believe her lies about the historical (in)significance of the chappel: https://shop.chateaudelalande.com/collections/adopt-a-star . Unfortunately a lot of patreons have already done so. :censored:

Anyone managed a rough calculation of how much the first lot of stars will generate for the grabber.

Did she actually tell the story of the unknown Saint in the stained glass? I might have nodded off and missed it, if so.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
oh thought this hard working but a little clueless couple had more sense than to use the gapping gobby shot , seems not come on ted the views isn't worth it. Please stop , just stop it tubers its worse than soy boy behavior.

View attachment 2621421
The minute he opens his big mouth a load of drivel comes out with very little meaning.... He strings words together with, yeah but no but, 3 bags full but. I watched the first episode and bobbed in and out but I just couldn't listen to them any longer. . Yes they have worked hard, but they don't like criticism, are quite rude to people who express differing opinions, she is a 'Whooper' Whoo Whoo and the laugh just grates... the dogs are lovely though.

Reactions: 14
Here you can sponsor the grifter if you believe her lies about the historical (in)significance of the chappel: https://shop.chateaudelalande.com/collections/adopt-a-star . Unfortunately a lot of patreons have already done so. :censored:

Anyone managed a rough calculation of how much the first lot of stars will generate for the grabber.

wow just one of those 6 pointed stars is going to cost you a mere 221.30 USD are the cobweb complementary
---

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Absolutely, I hadn't really paid too much attention but her over pronunciation in this video is awful. I speak a teeny tiny bit of French and a couple of weeks ago a French lady stopped by our store. When she said she was French I uttered my one or two sentences and was really chuffed when she complimented me on my accent. I believe Fanny just likes to overplay it for her audience. My hubby doesn't even watch that much of the chateauverse but refers to Fanny as "the actress", and that's exactly what she's doing in all elements of her life, acting as a chatelaine, a girlfriend, a benefactor, a native French speaker....... this list goes on ad infinitum.
She hasn’t the same pronunciation as her mother and aunt but I wonder as she was farmed out to Granny in the south when she was little, this is where her mixed accent comes from. Whatever, I still find it odd that she seems to have problems where in effect she should be so much better than she is or seems to be.

The likes of me has had to work hard at it, she's had it handed on a plate.
---
Patreon video. This one´s not very good for your blood pressure... :mad:

View attachment 2621780

Thank you for what you do @tuffiti , I think I'll need a couple of glasses of red first to keep me calm before I watch it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Psssst Fanny - stop pretending - we all know your fake, darling boyfriend bats for the other side.
Nothing wrong with anyone's sexual preferences and I fully support all sexual orientations. 🏳️‍🌈
What I can't abide is the phoniness, lying and purposeful deceit in order to grift money from viewers.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I can't believe how much she has aged since this 2019 picture. I know it's inevitable, but seriously just four years ago she looked like this! She could have been taken for someone in their 20s or 30s here. But the body remembers as they say. The grift is taking it's toll I guess. It's quite sad really. View attachment 2621817
Always wearing the wrong shoes…

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What was the grosses thing on advent today?
A. Encouraging peacock incest
B. Cook shoving bandaids into dough
C. Snorty’s neck beard
D. Dragging a dog again
E. Hearing Ruby’s cries of starvation

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Patreon video. This one´s not very good for your blood pressure... :mad:
View attachment 2621780

This is deplorable in many ways, but the saddest thing is that, apart from the wages of a few restorers, the only person who will benefit from all the donations is Stephanie Jarvis, if and when she ever sells Lalande. The chapel is private, so the local community won't benefit and all that money could be used to support needy people rather than embellish a rich woman's private property. No doubt if the chapel eventually gets restored she will get a public pat on the back from the local mayor or deputé as well. The donors don't even get a token like Dan's chateau Christmas ornament.

She uses the argument that she needs to raise the funds now, so the restorers can stay and continue working, but she has had a large, regular income for long enough to get a temporary loan from a bank and easily pay it off within a year or two. Instead, it will be back to the frequent expensive travelling, buying fancy wallpaper and so on after Christmas.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
@Kickintheass Did she actually tell the story of the unknown Saint in the stained glass? I might have nodded off and missed it, if so.

Did she duck no. Too busy conning her gullible and vulnerable besotted fan base to part with yet more money. She is obscene but unfortunately has the ability to charm so many and she and the rest of her avaricious greedy family and hangers on know this. She is their golden goose and must be cosseted and protected at all costs to keep the money rolling in.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
You French speakers... Can you report to the authorities that Ruby and the peacocks are neglected... And doubt very much the chickens are much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Well, "seigneur" is and is not a "title". Indeed "seigneur" is lord. But it is not exactly a "lordship" you "pass over", it is specifically an amount of "lands" you "lord over".
"The word derives from traditional inherited divisions of the countryside, reassigned as local jurisdictions known as manors or seigneuries; each manor being subject to a lord (French seigneur), usually holding his position in return for undertakings offered to a higher lord (see Feudalism). The lord held a manorial court, governed by public law and local custom. Not all territorial seigneurs were secular; bishops and abbots also held lands that entailed similar obligations."
REF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manorialism

"In this sense, a seigneur could be an individual—male or female, high or low-born—or a collective entity, typically a religious community such as a monastery, seminary, college, or parish."
REF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seigneur
Hope it makes sense, I know it is complicated, French is usually complicated lol

As for the Marquis : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famille_du_Pouget_de_Nadaillac
Titre[modifier | modifier le code]
François-Charles du Pouget de Nadaillac (1831-1886) fut confirmé dans le titre de marquis héréditaire par décret impérial du 7 janvier 1860, et son fils François-Félix-Joseph du Pouget, marquis de Nadaillac (né en 1876), fut confirmé, à la mort de son père, dans la transmission de marquis héréditaire par arrêté ministériel du 18 octobre 19065.
Translation:
Title
François-Charles du Pouget de Nadaillac (1831-1886) was confirmed as hereditary marquis by imperial decree on 7 January 1860, and his son François-Félix-Joseph du Pouget, marquis de Nadaillac (born 1876), was confirmed as hereditary marquis on his father's death by ministerial decree on 18 October 1906.

There is indeed a chapel mentioned :

I wonder about the "oak" ;)
Well done. You found it all.

Naturally very complicated, like everything medieval and feudal, specially terms related to power and ownership of the land, but I think we all get the logic. Just wanted to make sense of the things that book left unmentioned like the Marquis and the chapel.

The Marquis of La Lande of course is a product of the second empire of Louis Napoleon… very interesting. French constitutional monarchies and empires (first, second etc…) are very interesting, but complicated…

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Stick a whole damn constellation up
The Shopaholic Gay Twank’s arse
And
Renovate him right out of Chateau Diaries!

IMG_5416.png

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.