The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Big hugs from me to you. My parents are the same. Try not to stress over cleaning. It is your home, not their home. It has to come up to your standards, not theirs. Ignore that little voice in your head that drives you to want to please them over this. Be kind to yourself. By the sound of it you have good reason to concentrate on things other than housework.
Try to relax. If they say anything about the 'state of the place' just smile and say how nice it is to see them and spend time with them and suggest you go out for a walk or a meal if they are uncomfortable in your house. Lots of positive thoughts winging your way. xx
Thank you for such a kind, thoughtful, personal comment. Part of the problem is when I did a deep clean before my bday, the guest bedroom was waaaaay low on the list, and it is also my dressing room, closet, and repository for things that don't have a real home. The dust T-Rexs were formidable. The other problem is I truly prefer to have a sparkling clean home, I hold myself to the same standards they have, but I don't have a team come in every two weeks to do the heavy lifting...

But! I have the happiest of updates! They didn't wake up until 10am! The earliest they were going to be able to leave was 2pm, and they ended up LEAVING at 3pm! With all of the additional traffic, right at rush hour, in one of heaviest trafficked cities in the US, they didn't make it to our house until 7pm! So instead of a quick dust with the swiffer I got to do the job properly with pledge! I made it to things like cleaning the bottom kitchen cabinets, and DH was able to leave an hour early and made it home and vacuumed the whole house, he made their bed while I showered, and I was able to sit with a glass of wine for ten minutes before they arrived! Did I make it to mopping? No. Are some closets now full? Yes. Did I touch the master bedroom? Absolutely not. But now that the house is clean I work on that!

Now the following may be be distasteful to some Tattlers, but please just read and scroll if it isn't your jam.

I love Halloween. My inner gothy goth is strong, and I went all out with my Halloween decor this year, I will take some pics if interested. (My loose theme this year is New Orleans Funereal. Almost all black.) They were blown away and would call out to the other when one spotted a new vignette, they couldn't say enough about our homemade light up ghosts hanging in the weeping willow in the front yard, and I got to show off with all of the things I transformed with gold leaf, rub n buff, etc. as well as all of the wreaths I made.

I knew they would be hungry, so I ordered from one of our favorite TexMex places for delivery, DH made a margarita for Dad when he walked in the door, and when they left this morning Dad (!!!!) commented on how they always love staying here, that our home is comfortable and cozy while still having a strong personal style. I think it is more a case of the coffee always being ready when they wake up, but.....

Anywho, I have a lovely clean home so I can actually relax, I might read a cozy. I also can now work on my witch hat and the tablescape for the trick or treaters, and be incredibly entertained by the reason for their visit. My Stella (11 pound black poodle) is hosting her SISTER! They are from the same litter, and Maizie is a whopping 5 pounds, and their antics are hilarious. It is her first time away from my parents and she is a pistol!

TL:DR; life is fantastic, and I have zero doubt that the juju that was sent yesterday HEAVILY impacted how the day went. I am tired, and sore, and more than doubled my move goal yesterday, but I very, very happy. And thankful for this rag tag group of hags, trolls, and witches that made it happen! You are all magic!
---
Next time they call and say we're coming to town, your response should be, "Wonderful, where are you staying?"
I was talking to one of my BFFs yesterday, we have been friends since HS. "Mags, I love you, I love your parents, and I so happy y'all love each other, but your relationship is so F@cked up. If my parents said anything like that to me they would never EVER be welcome in my home ever again."
---
Firstly it's you that they have come to see not some setting for a magazine shoot.

We are all critical when we think we are looking at our place through other people's eyes. (I blame programmes like 4 in a bed, not that it worried SJ and IJ when they participated).

I have two friends whose homes couldn't be more polar different. One is immaculate inside and out, and it doesn't feel like a home, more of a show house.and I return home and try to attack mine. The other I have heard others describe as a home you wipe your feet as you leave. But which home do we feel more comfortable and welcome in because they are great hosts.

I was just on a gardening course and noticed things like the weeds and dead branches around the garden. I anticipated it would be more presentable as its her showroom and she charges people to visit. You are not charging.

That is kind of the problem. Mom and Dad have had their homes featured in several newspapers and local magazines back in the day as their design sense is so strong. Her taste in particular is excellent. It is a lot to live up to. But I also pride myself on making sure people enjoy staying here!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
sadie said that moe has a full time job, that plus his own business doesnt leave him enough time to vlog. I did see him with sadie in one of billys vlogs then everyone was leaving for england
No wonder Mo needs two jobs - he has a high-maintenance girlfriend

• Haha
Reactions: 16
For you...

Please remember any progress is still progress. What you didn't finish when they arrive you can do later.
Personally, I'm a cozy mess maker, but I know where everything is. And all who visit me just have to accept there are bits and bobs at random places, that I didn't finish cleaning before they arrived - that includes my neat-freak aunt.
This made me tear up, I am at tomorrow and it is INDEED another day, one that is joyous! Hugs!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Too late we've had our holiday. He's a one man band, his builder falling off a roof hasn't helped as it's turned his whole schedule upside down. He's fully booked up until the new year. This is a busy time of year for him so injuries are the last thing he needs. Said he can't believe this weeks bad luck.

The owners of that house have been renovating it for the last few years (it was almost derelict) won't be completed for a while yet. That's their ensuite bathroom.

He's just said he's thinking of either buy me a coffee or a secret patreon. Tit! :ROFLMAO:
Well he's probably more deserving! I confess I did contribute to Benoit's fund. He seems like a lovely man, has def got some skills and its his livelihood. It was a small sum.
---
@MagpieSassyPants 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 sounds like they had a great time and you've got a lot accomplished that mattered to you. A+ for doing what worked for you and them. ,😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
It’s just occurred to me to worry, but where are Florida tattler fam? Has anyone seen @T Rex, @Jules100 or @mrsp67? I know I’m a worrier by nature and we are going into the horror-days but it’s unusual for them to be MIA for very long.
I’m ok, just having a lot going on the past few weeks. I’ve been so busy with other things, my CD detox is really working and I’ve finally blocked Philip on Onlyfans, Insta & MySpace. No more secret messages from him! I’m now 100% exclusively watching only free CD Patreon videos, unless you all tell me that something really good or really bad happened.

I had another sighting of my black bust, Lady Amanda Hugnkiss of the Southernmost Chateau, on a YouTube AD RuPaul home tour. I love watching those type of channels that show designer’s, rich/famous, fancy people’s houses. I found that 99% all have some type of bust, a Mario Buatta design book and a gallery wall.

I’m excited to see Amanda from Our French Chateau renovating her kitchen and Alla from Dreaming of a Chateau continuing to kick some Italian villa ass.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Agree. It’s called Fraud. It’s Deceptive and illegal. Fanny is lying and misleading patrons about the reasons for procuring funds. The Patrons are consenting at present, because they naively believe her obvious lies and omissions. Fanny is guilty of intentionally misleading the patrons as to what/where the funds are and for what purpose said funds are being used. Where is the usual and customary accounting reports of the monies they give you to renovate your chateau? What is the budget? Where are the Estimates? What exactly, in writing, with receipts, are the Patron funds paying for?

Regarding labor, salaries and materials, where is the legally permissible paperwork? When will work commence? Who and what professional qualifications do the persons have who will do the actual work, obtain the appropriate materials at reasonable, non inflated pricing? Who will manage the project, who will make timely payments and be held fiscally responsible and accountable?

What is the timeline? Where are the funds being held? What bank or institution is holding the funds, is an escrow account or more than one being utilized? Who can we call, what are the names of the individuals overseeing the funds, their phone numbers as well as emails that we can write/call to gather this information and have accountability. Are there safeguards in place so that no person can embezzle or misappropriate funds?

How many are needed to sign off on an amount that is excessive, who is responsible for writing the checks, is there a lawyer involved who will supervise, oversee and monitor all the funds being released? Who are they, their names, emails? What about taxes, insurance and workman’s comp, personal liabilities? Are these being accounted for in a timely and responsible manner? Where is all the paperwork???

What are you doing with all this money Fanny? She needs to answer to the benefactors. She is hiding behind this Patreon scheme.
If she can’t or won’t answer these and any other reasonable inquiries, than perhaps the jig is up and Fanny should be prosecuted for fraud.
The labour laws are probably being broken but as to fraud, I'm not sure the Patreon grift would stand up in court - noone who gives money on Patreon is signing anything and there is more than likely some clause on the Patreon website that gets everyone out of legal strife, probably around charity laws? Misleading people is not illegal unless there are signed contracts and agreements. Patreon has been around a while and will definitely be water tight when it comes to legal repercussions as potentially they stand to lose big time; most Youtubers have Patreon accounts.

• Heart
From the moment I saw the thumbnail last night, complete with some sort of pathetic rainfall effect superimposed onto the shot, I knew it was it was clickbait. It shouted clickbait. Marie wasn’t remotely sad. So puerile of Stephanie and MariE to have set up the non-story of a melancholy, moping MariE. I hope her mother arrives with her winter woolliies so that she has more thanthe new sweater she showed off. Where is the rest of her stuff? She seems to have been dressed throughout the summer in SJ castoffs and a few brocante “bargains” (and we shouldn’t forget the dress - which looked like a nightie - that BJJ bought her from Emmaus). She has a stash of belongings at Nikki’s place which, sans car, she can’t collect (glancing at her IG, Nikki is in Nottingham - her Haworth dream clearly went kaput, too - and FRK commented on one of her posts quite recently).

MariA is turning out to be a prize witch. Nobody gets a pass from her acid asides. It’s not really a surprise but her level of sharp-tongued and spiteful has really upped a notch or two. Perhaps it’s because she’s soon to fly the HMN nest, so doesn’t give a toss, SJ has needed her more MariA needs SJ, ergo MariA has had her over a barrel. She’s spent the summer creating meal after mediocre meal for B&B guests, knowing that she can get away with it because Stephanie, for all her pretend sophistication, doesn’t have a scintilla of a clue about entertaining guests (paying or unpaying). Frankly, however paltry the budget a cook might be given, if they are interested in food, and have pride in what they produce, they can create wonderful meals that are not just a series of ornamental gardens hiding the very ordinary food that lies beneath.

Forget Mark-E-and-A…the pressing question is why hasn’t the fireproof boiler room been completed? It’s been months in the making. What on earth has Armoire being doing all this time? It provides a clue, though, about why the heating is yet to be up and running. I bet Nathan won’t commission the boilers and new system until the fireproof room is finished. The delays over the new central heating are down to the prevarication, indecision and inepitude within the crumbling heap.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
No wonder Mo needs two jobs - he has a high-maintenance girlfriend
I'd say he doesn't earn much from either so needs both just to get by - the cost of living in Europe is hideous; mind you, it has become that way in NZ as well. I have a very nice salary but it doesn't go far these days - people are just not coping very well.

Reactions: 13
Oh the anticipation of finding out what the Chatelaine de Shopping bought the Gay Twank for the 3rd anniversary of their platonic friendship!!!!!!!!! 🌈
---
New thread title?

“Best Wishes from Tattle on 3 Years of Sexless, Platonic Friendship & Shopping”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh the anticipation of finding out what the Chatelaine de Shopping bought the Gay Twank for the 3rd anniversary of their platonic friendship!!!!!!!!! 🌈
---
New thread title?

“Best Wishes from Tattle on 3 Years of Sexless, Platonic Friendship & Shopping”
I am going for
Pocket watch.
Wig.
Car.

Am I the only one wondering why they are making such a fuss of a 3 year anniversary?
---
From the moment I saw the thumbnail last night, complete with some sort of pathetic rainfall effect superimposed onto the shot, I knew it was it was clickbait. It shouted clickbait. Marie wasn’t remotely sad. So puerile of Stephanie and MariE to have set up the non-story of a melancholy, moping MariE. I hope her mother arrives with her winter woolliies so that she has more thanthe new sweater she showed off. Where is the rest of her stuff? She seems to have been dressed throughout the summer in SJ castoffs and a few brocante “bargains” (and we shouldn’t forget the dress - which looked like a nightie - that BJJ bought her from Emmaus). She has a stash of belongings at Nikki’s place which, sans car, she can’t collect (glancing at her IG, Nikki is in Nottingham - her Haworth dream clearly went kaput, too - and FRK commented on one of her posts quite recently).

MariA is turning out to be a prize witch. Nobody gets a pass from her acid asides. It’s not really a surprise but her level of sharp-tongued and spiteful has really upped a notch or two. Perhaps it’s because she’s soon to fly the HMN nest, so doesn’t give a toss, SJ has needed her more MariA needs SJ, ergo MariA has had her over a barrel. She’s spent the summer creating meal after mediocre meal for B&B guests, knowing that she can get away with it because Stephanie, for all her pretend sophistication, doesn’t have a scintilla of a clue about entertaining guests (paying or unpaying). Frankly, however paltry the budget a cook might be given, if they are interested in food, and have pride in what they produce, they can create wonderful meals that are not just a series of ornamental gardens hiding the very ordinary food that lies beneath.

Forget Mark-E-and-A…the pressing question is why hasn’t the fireproof boiler room been completed? It’s been months in the making. What on earth has Armoire being doing all this time? It provides a clue, though, about why the heating is yet to be up and running. I bet Nathan won’t commission the boilers and new system until the fireproof room is finished. The delays over the new central heating are down to the prevarication, indecision and inepitude within the crumbling heap.
FRK trying to be upbeat? Funny how she has managed to wait until almost advent to drop her new series.

Attachments

Actually, this video really irritated me.
Previously they have said Youtube helps with Bethany's uni fees not her flipping holiday.
From a comment a few weeks ago, I understood it to be it wasn't paying her uni fees but it was paying her while attending uni. In my assumption that meant since she edited the videos, launched them, etc therefore the money made from their youtube videos was hers.

I FF through Sadie's vlog. I didn't see a mention of the apartment. She was the one who gave us the tour of the parents home but yet she makes no mention of it. In all honesty, if she wasn't vlogging, how was she making any income? Does Gwen pay for her to watch the kids? the horses? Seems all a bit strange. How is it different than Michael's - Michael every so often sells stuff online-whatever you may think of that.

Maria - I know some don't like her but let me ask this, when you had a job you didn't like or a boss you didn't like, how did that affect your behavior? F4.5 is losing her characters right and left. for me, it speaks volumes, she no longer visits other chateaus. So glad I stopped watching CD a long time ago, it is so far from my reality. Some channels are flights of fancy for me but CD is just not anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The labour laws are probably being broken but as to fraud, I'm not sure the Patreon grift would stand up in court - noone who gives money on Patreon is signing anything and there is more than likely some clause on the Patreon website that gets everyone out of legal strife, probably around charity laws? Misleading people is not illegal unless there are signed contracts and agreements. Patreon has been around a while and will definitely be water tight when it comes to legal repercussions as potentially they stand to lose big time; most Youtubers have Patreon accounts.
Patreon is just the platform from where she collects the money. How you declare your patreon income is down to the individual. Fannys association is a 1901 applicable to French law, she implies that the patreon income goes into the association for the benefit of restoration etc. But, I can’t remember the exact figure, somewhere around €180k that all 1901 Association’s must publish their accounts. Fannys aren’t published but she takes in at least twice this amount every year??? Which suggests something untoward. Maybe she declares half the revenue elsewhere, pays the charges/taxes and spends it on herself….. quite possible or……. I’ll let others decide.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Patreon is just the platform from where she collects the money. How you declare your patreon income is down to the individual. Fannys association is a 1901 applicable to French law, she implies that the patreon income goes into the association for the benefit of restoration etc. But, I can’t remember the exact figure, somewhere around €180k that all 1901 Association’s must publish their accounts. Fannys aren’t published but she takes in at least twice this amount every year??? Which suggests something untoward. Maybe she declares half the revenue elsewhere, pays the charges/taxes and spends it on herself….. quite possible or……. I’ll let others decide.
Benefactors they are….. whatever Fanny is doing , I would not want to have a pretend baby boyfriend and live in a house full of strangers waiting on me.
In the past three years Fanny has aged 12 years. It is unbelievable how badly her dress sense and face have changed.
Snorts is not a giver of youth !

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I am going for
Pocket watch.
Wig.
Car.

Am I the only one wondering why they are making such a fuss of a 3 year anniversary?
---

FRK trying to be upbeat? Funny how she has managed to wait until almost advent to drop her new series.
It smacks of “pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.” The question is from what does she need to deflect attention?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Not surprisingly the vlog today is late. Shopping and travel always take priority.

• Angry
Marquis' wife here:

Hubby says thanks for the good wishes, prayers, and thoughts.

I believe Philip is older than my husband by a year, and you're right, I did not marry a flimsy man. At 6'4" and 220lbs, he is one massive man. :) No shoe polish on the scalp either!

The chapel restorers don't seem to be busy if they turned up at Lalande from Paris today when Stephanie just made the initial payment yesterday.

View attachment 2529590
Lucky you Mrs Potpurri 😉
When I don’t want to be tooooo obvious abd make Mr Pompidoo a tadge insecure, I‘d refer to your Husband as a ‘strapping Lad’. And they’re very far & few between 🤪
Good to know he’s OK ❤

• Heart
FYI: This is interesting, Why was an American Friends of Chateau de La Lande was set up in Maine in 2022? Is it for accounting purposes?Location is attorneys offices 144 Water St Hallowell, ME 04347. They may have to file an irs form 990.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'd say he doesn't earn much from either so needs both just to get by - the cost of living in Europe is hideous; mind you, it has become that way in NZ as well. I have a very nice salary but it doesn't go far these days - people are just not coping very well.
His other "job" is some kind of store/clothing business in his homeland. I believe a cousin or relative actually works there. Sadie of course could work?why does she not? They could not finish the apartment because they did not have the Money, three horses are not cheap between feed, straw and farrier/ vet bills. I just don't understand how a person can live without a job or healthcare??? I must have done something wrong always worked more than one job

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.