The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MariE is still incredibly vulnerable. Now she has no real job as her foraging will stop along with the bnb . Somehow she has no winter clothes and is sniffing and full of cold. How will she cope with the winter as it appears the heating is not finished or on.
Fanny is playing with fire manipulating and gaslighting Marie. It is not funny and is uncomfortable to watch .
All Fanny cares about is making content. With out a car and no guests winter is going to be a challenge for Marie.
I think Fanny lured her back but is not spending time with Marie or taking her on girly outings like the good old pre snorts days.
Living with someone who is suicidal I can honestly say that what they need is love, care, support and encouragement and also a purpose. Even with this it is not always enough.
I am speaking with raw emotion having had police respond to my partner being rescued from a railway bridge Monday ….again and now a hospital admission in a secure unit.
Dont mess with people’s lives Fanny.
If the weather is kind, now is the time to plant a squillion spring bulbs. Go overboard and enjoy the wait until they pop up and give you beautiful flowers. Your partner is being cared for, you care for yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I just loved when pantyhose came in...... I hated suspenders!
Did you have "Witches Britches" where you lived in the 70s ? They hide the gap from suspenders to the top of the stocking. A very long leg tight pant that did not show under the school dress .
They had fun colours - I had a bright pink with little roses but I was glad to dump it when pantyhose came in.
I don't think we had the witches britches Pekey.. only garter belts or girdles

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't think we had the witches britches Pekey.. only garter belts or girdles
They went over the garter belts and they were so warm in winter too.
It was fun to have some thing "trendy " (even if no one could see them ) as my school was so strict - summer hats, winter hats, gloves etc but ....... not as strict as poor AndAnotherName who could not wear them at all . :(

• Heart
Reactions: 15
After watching it I also gotta say it was pretty mean-spirited. The dig came from Maria, but Steph seemed to have no problem joining in. Marie played along, but yeah, it's weird to joke about it considering what she had shared about her struggles in the past. Later in the episode, Maria also pointed out Marie's dress in a somewhat dismissive way. Honestly, it doesn't seem like a healthy environment for Marie.
I think Maria is a low-key witch. I don’t find her clever or amusing at all.
---
Actually, this video really irritated me.
Previously they have said Youtube helps with Bethany's uni fees not her flipping holiday.
I can’t be mad really, they earned all the ad revenue fair and square and I think she was just thrilled it allowed her to see her brother, when it was otherwise unaffordable. And better still, she was truthful about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm thinking that just because they say they bought it at auction, doesn't mean they actually did.
---
While Nic and Cam were working, I noticed the pile of mattresses had been removed from the barn but the sofa remains.
The hired help for the chapel have been given the honour of sitting on the rat-infested old sofa for their tea-breaks.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
More on my cautionary accidents at work tale for head Dan. This week it's been Mr Spratt's turn involving an angle grinder.

He has recently changed a clients heating from oil to gaz and was cutting up the old oil tank for removal using an angle grinder. As they can sometimes do when they touch the cutting surface, it kicked back. Luckily it's not a deep cut but he's got a quite large and painful graze that goes right across his thigh and a shredded pair of trousers. It's a job he's done many many times before but again it's just one of those unfortunate things that can happen in a second.

Luckily he was on the ground doing this imagine, if like Dan, he was up on scaffolding and it happened.

Also Mr Spratt's builder friend who recently felll off a roof and sustained quite serious injuries, very worryingly is back in hospital for the third time.
He has now got a very bad chest infection, probably as a resut from the broken ribs, finding it difficult to breathe. If I was his wife I'd be so scared right now as this could easily get worse.

He's 60 and had been considering retiring, the decision has now been made for him as he may not be able to work anymore.

Take note Dan, you're not invincible. These are two experienced people and it shows just how easily it happens.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I honestly HOPE that Fanny will change this title slide -- "Marie feels sorry for herself and looks out a window." Absolutely disgusting.
Totally agree with you. It's absolutely obnoxious and confirms that Fanny is completely lacking in empathy. Either that or she is just so wrapped up in herself and is so thick that she cannot see how disgusting it is. It is total clickbait.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
More on my cautionary accidents at work tale for head Dan. This week it's been Mr Spratt's turn involving an angle grinder.

He has recently changed a clients heating from oil to gaz and was cutting up the old oil tank for removal using an angle grinder. As they can sometimes do when they touch the cutting surface, it kicked back. Luckily it's not a deep cut but he's got a quite large and painful graze that goes right across his thigh and a shredded pair of trousers. It's a job he's done many many times before but again it's just one of those unfortunate things that can happen in a second.

Luckily he was on the ground doing this imagine, if like Dan, he was up on scaffolding and it happened.

Also Mr Spratt's builder friend who recently felll off a roof and sustained quite serious injuries, very worryingly is back in hospital for the third time.
He has now got a very bad chest infection, probably as a resut from the broken ribs, finding it difficult to breathe. If I was his wife I'd be so scared right now as this could easily get worse.

He's 60 and had been considering retiring, the decision has now been made for him as he may not be able to work anymore.

Take note Dan, you're not invincible. These are two experienced people and it shows just how easily it happens.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about MrSpratt's accident, and the worrying news about your friend. As you say, a cautionary note for DTM. It will fall on deaf ears of course, but maybe one day he will wake up and realise he is tempting fate.

Hope hubby recovers soon. Give him a big kiss from tattle, we have valued his input here........and put thick new chainsaw trousers on his Xmas list!

• Heart
  • Haha
If the weather is kind, now is the time to plant a squillion spring bulbs. Go overboard and enjoy the wait until they pop up and give you beautiful flowers. Your partner is being cared for, you care for yourself.
Thank you.
It is a bright sunny day. I’m going to rake up leaves as therapy 🙂 and am ordering dahlia tubers , not all yellow. In fact no yellow ones…for my cutting garden. A suburban garden that it is possible to cut flowers all year round. Take note Fanny. You may have 3 gardeners plus FRk now it seems and a designer but it is badly planned and poorly maintained .
Yesterday I picked lots of flowers to make an arrangement for a friend. Dahlia, salvias, Abelia, garrya,grasses,asters etc
What Fanny needs to buy flowers from hot flower guy for with her huge plot iDK.
Best wishes to Mr Spratt and a quick and good recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Up till now I was holding my breath watching Marie in her new happy/smiling manifestation, content to be vlog fodder in exchange for hosting improbable workshops. Now the b&b is closing, cutting off any further chance of income and seeing the shittolaine & consort constantly jetting off & coming back laden with the spoils of their shopping addiction which has caused Marie to lapse back into Cinderella mode - look, no clothes - new grift attack? though somewhere she must have a whole Norwegian-winter wardrobe.
So, as usual, no plan B, seduced once again by the tinsel bling and guests happily being ripped off, breeding the "why can't I" sindrome, not realising how the cunning twit has infiltrated the cash-for-nothing system & taken over. Why, he even drives you to the doctor/shops - be grateful for small mercies😍
---
@Lochness Monster. Your passion for gardening provides an absorbing therapy for what must be an agonising part of your life which seems to have no solution. Could you post a photo to share of your garden? I'm it's amazing.
Mental health is in the forefront of national news atm here in Italy bc there have been 2 cases recently which ended in tragedy where the families repeatedly reported the relative becoming increasingly aggressive but in spite of psychiatric reports & subsequent police visits, one killed the sister & the other the neighbour. This, after neither the authorities nor the police responded to the urgency of the situation after frantic calls until it was too late. Many more dramatic situations have now come to light after this, highlighting a lack of suitable structures and care after mental institutions were shut down in the 70s and community care should have taken their place, leaving families or partners to cope.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about MrSpratt's accident, and the worrying news about your friend. As you say, a cautionary note for DTM. It will fall on deaf ears of course, but maybe one day he will wake up and realise he is tempting fate.

Hope hubby recovers soon. Give him a big kiss from tattle, we have valued his input here........and put thick new chainsaw trousers on his Xmas list!
He's carried on working, I'd forgotten he'd badly cut his thumb at the begining of the week. Things come in threes, so he's had his three this week the thumb, hot melted plastic on his hands and then the angle grinder.

Told him he could do with tree surgeons trousers as they've got kevlar in them. Luckily cutting up oil tanks is not a regualr occurance 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Why is she talking to Dave each video? Its starting to get creepy...he does not seem comfortable.....
She's either desperate for content (and I don't mean that unkindly to Dave) or she wants to be seen as inclusive.
---
I think Maria is a low-key witch. I don’t find her clever or amusing at all.
---

I can’t be mad really, they earned all the ad revenue fair and square and I think she was just thrilled it allowed her to see her brother, when it was otherwise unaffordable. And better still, she was truthful about it.
I'm not mad, just irritated.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hello, Hags and Fellow Menopausal Trolls, I could use some good juju if you can spare it. My adored Mother and Father, who are more judgemental than Isabelle and all of us combined, arrive this afternoon around three. Due to getting Covid, depression following it, and general life that has happened from early August on, my home is in less than pristine condition, it hasn't had a good clean since my bday in late July, and my fat ass is literally sweating cleaning the crap out of it. Currently 9am ish where I am, any good thoughts you can spare would be much appreciated.

I have several clothing pieces from the 1940's, sadly they no longer fit. Holding on to them for the niblings.
Wipe surfaces with a damp cloth and spray furniture polish into the air or sweet smelling disinfectant... burn a scented candle. Giving the illusion of clean and calming environment... throw the hoover around...clean towels in the bathroom, full toilet roll... goodies to munch on and job done...

Last edited:
  • Heart
It’s just occurred to me to worry, but where are Florida tattler fam? Has anyone seen @T Rex, @Jules100 or @mrsp67? I know I’m a worrier by nature and we are going into the horror-days but it’s unusual for them to be MIA for very long.
"Double, double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble": maybe our three ladies from Florida are busy cooking up a surprise for Tattle Halloween. A Tiki Hut production blockbuster expose perhaps? 🎃🎃🎃

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.